Mafia Scum
Mitillos
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Apr 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Post by Mitillos »

Look at it from this perspective too: Town made only one miselimination but managed to be in a 3v1 situation on D4. Had there been just two miseliminations in the first three days, town would have lost. This is usually absurd in a 13-player game.

The vig only became as powerful as he did because 1) you didn't kill him and 2) town did its job.

I do agree that the setup was incredibly swingy, though.
You don't have ambiguity; you have
options
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:24 am

Post by Tchill13 »

I'm objectively talking about the setup before the game was played at all, not the decisions made during the game.

I can give my thoughts regarding that later.

If masons, vig and an invest all goes right. There's one scum day 3. If it all goes wrong. There 4 conf town players and an inactive townie shot rolling into day 2.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:28 am

Post by Tchill13 »

That's based off night actions alone. Vig is conf town based off a claim and kill.

The game wasn't played optimally from scums pov. But that's typically the route I go when 1 of the 3 scum slots are extremely inactive day one if I'm scum.

Good VTs are stronger than good PRs. Mala was definitely going that route and if I remember correctly flippy is capable as well.

The balance was just cushion for town to have room for mistakes and still win. Which is typical for this site. Might be an overreaction to most players here not trying as town so that they can win scum games easier.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 824, Thestatusquo wrote: I guess my perspective is that scum had the tools to win this game and chose not to, and that yes the vig is a powerful role even when they always shoot town, but its not like town had a ton of other power.

I think not shooting redff is a big blunder that lost you the game on the spot.
While I agree with this there no reason for scum to think there's an invest when 2 masons and a vig has been confirmed. And there's also a red herring for a bodyguard or vest somewhere.

Red also had played the game in a way I preferred they be in the last day phase.

The goal as scum should be to take the group you feel can be swayed in your best interest. Obv had I thought red was an invest and not a bodyguard red would have been the night kill.

The main issue I'd say I made was not killing t3. I should have read up on the game and realized there's no way to portray them as scum after double kills. T3 wasn't helpful to town in game solving but t3 did kill off players that lurked.
Tchill13
Tchill13
Survivor
Tchill13
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Tchill13 »

In post 825, Mitillos wrote: Look at it from this perspective too: Town made only one miselimination but managed to be in a 3v1 situation on D4. Had there been just two miseliminations in the first three days, town would have lost. This is usually absurd in a 13-player game.

The vig only became as powerful as he did because 1) you didn't kill him and 2) town did its job.

I do agree that the setup was incredibly swingy, though.
I think town played extremely poorly outside of pr actions. Of course scum played worse cus we lost lol. It is what it is.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:33 pm

Post by Ausuka »

No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”