LSG Character Poll 2022

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

LSG Character Poll 2022

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Welcome to the 2022 Character Poll!

Here, you will rank characters from this year's games on a scale of 1 to 10 in terms of
character arc
memorability
, and
overall entertainment factor
. You are encouraged to leave any characters blank if you are unfamiliar with them, or you played in the game but never interacted with them.

I repeat, since a lot of people missed this on the last one and thought you had to leave a rating for every character on the questionaire:

You can leave any question on any form blank and you will still be able to submit!

A 1 on the scale means an actively terrible character or one that lacks any presence at all, while a 10 represents a classic, unforgettable character. If you give out 1s and 10s to over half the available characters, your submission will be thrown out since it's pretty unreasonable that there's no middle ground of characters. Additionally,
a person's ranking for their own character will not be counted
(I'd love it if you'd leave your own characters blank, since it saves me a bit of effort, but it will still be manually removed if you do put a number in there).

This one will be periodically updated throughout the year as games conclude. New posts will be made whenever a game's poll is ready, and all of the currently available polls will be listed in this first post throughout the year.

If you would prefer your character not to be included in the LSG Character Poll, you can message me about it and they will be removed from the questionnaire and the results.

Results will be released at the end of 2022. You can discuss your ratings but please don't kill any of the mystery :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey MS,

We've arrived at the point of the year that we need to wrap up character of the year polling so Meme and I can get to work putting together results to present to you! Current plan is to cut off voting by 11:59pm Eastern time on December 20th.

We'll announce a starting date and time for reveals at some point after that.

Get your voice heard and your votes in by this time and day!
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #4 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:30 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Sorry y'all, this is taking a tentative hiatus. My father is having surgery on Friday and I haven't been up for doing anything with it. Probably going to get revealed in a couple of months once things have calmed down and I'm in a better headspace :)
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #6 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:35 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

I should have said something sooner honestly. My bad for keeping you all waiting <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #8 (isolation #4) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:23 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey all!

Thanks for the patience with us. It was a rough start to the year, but I can officially say...

Expect the fun to begin within the next 24 hours <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Fri May 05, 2023 10:25 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey all,

In our haste to get this up, we realize we made an error and need to rectify the situation as we aren't sure what this affects. We ask for some patience and understanding as we work this out.

As soon as we have worked it out, we will continue with reveals and amend prior graphics if that applies.

Thank you for continued patience :)

~COTY team
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Sat May 06, 2023 1:13 pm

Post by Malkon05 »

*the first category is very fierce and all contestants seem to have equal footing*

Alex: And after Round 1, let’s check on updated scores. It looks like xofelf has $800, Malkon has $650 and CaptainMeme has $1000!

*Canned Audience oohs and ahs*

Alex: Yes yes, quite exciting. Anyone could still take it, based on how many categories we still have to go. Let’s take a brief moment to get to know our contestants better.

*He walks over to CaptainMeme*

Alex: You are currently in the lead! I bet your family and friends back home are so proud of you! Tell us more about yourself.

CaptainMeme: …Umm there’s no one here and you already know a lot about me.

Alex: Well right *chuckles* but there will be tens of people watching this! You should tell them about you.

CaptainMeme: Bollocks. Okay well if you insist on being like that, I suppose I can oblige. Well I like sandcastles, and crumpets, and torturing people, and drawings of meltan, and definitely nothing else.

Alex: *blinks a bit* Thank you for that exclusive riveting bit of information. Moving on to xofelf who is currently in second place. Very respectable. Tell me, how is New York this time of year?

Xofelf: It’s better than Old York.

*canned laughter*

Alex: Is there anyone you’d like to give a shoutout to back at home rooting you on?

Xofelf: Yes I’d like to thank the 95 people I’m currently dating or flirtating for the love and support. I love you all.

Alex: …95?

Xofelf: You look surprised, is that not normal?

Alex: Well it sounds like you have err a lot of support. Moving onto third place Malkon. You aren’t out of it but you sure need some momentum in this next round. How do you deal with pressure?

Malkon: Well, I’m currently dropping all of my commitments, unable to cope with life, and contemplating committing sudoku on a daily basis.

Alex: That sounds awful! And I’m not really sure we’re allowed to talk about this on television but…committing sudoku? You don’t mean…

Malkon: Yes I think daily about finishing every sudoku puzzle ever created. Perhaps then my life will have meaning again.

Alex: Phew I definitely did not think that’s where you were going with that.

Malkon: *blinks* going with what?

Alex: Nevermind, let’s cutaway to a word from our sponsor.

Commercial Narrator: How many animals have you checked in on a daily basis? Have you considered donating money to Adorable Critters lately? Well if you haven’t, you should.

*Sarah McLachlan’s In the Arms of the Angel plays as pictures of ridiculously cute animals appear on the screen*

Commercial Narrator: As you can see, cute animals need love to. And for a low low cost of $1.2 billion a month, you too can support these cute and clearly cared for creatures. Just look at those faces and tell me you can’t resist giving up your soul to Hades for them.

*more cute animals appear as the music gets louder*

Commercial Narrator: So please, just think of the animals, and their children.

*cute animal babies appear on the screen*

Commercial Narrator: Act now, and we’ll throw in another couple of cute animal pictures on the screen for your contribution.

Alex: Well, I’m sure that- *looks at the contestants all on their phones* Umm what are you doing?

Malkon: *sniffling* IM GIVING AWAY ALL OF MY LIFE SAVINGS TO ADORABLE CRITTERS!

CaptainMeme: DID YOU SEE THAT BABY DOLPHIN?! *tears are running down his face*

Xofelf: *making whimpering noses* I WAN TO GIV DA AMINALS ALL DA LUV!

Alex: …for the love of Monty… *coughs* can we get on with it.

*the contestants sniffle and glare a bit, before reluctantly putting their phones away, a collective “fine” is heard.*

Alex: We last left off with xofelf who will choose the next CAT-egory. *chuckles*

*all contestants glare at Alex*

Alex: *clears throat* Please start us off.

Xofelf: I’ll pick 32-23 for $1000 Alex.

Alex: Going big! We respect. Okay, your question for 32-23 for $1000 is…

Last edited by Searl on Sun May 07, 2023 12:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Mon May 08, 2023 2:39 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Alex: Going into the penultimate round the scores are as follows. Malkon has $3000. Didn’t earn a single dollar after that wildly exciting Double round.

*Malkon glares*

Alex: xofelf has $2950 and CaptainMeme has $3200. It’s a very close race right now for that ultimate price of cash cash cash!

CaptainMeme: I’ll kick you in the arse arse arse.

Xof: *snickers* good one.

Alex: *through gritted teeth* keep that up and I’ll make sure your money mysteriously ends up in the pockets of Adorable Critters.

Malkon: so hostlike of you. Can we get on with it? I have *looks at fake calendar* so many hours of nothing to do to get to.

*canned laughter*

Alex: Yes I do think we should probably start winding down. This is the final round before our final category. And as much fun as the three of you have been *dripping with sarcasm*, I think it’s time we really see which of you truly is the one who will risk the most to get the most reward. What are you willing to risk? *grins*

CaptainMeme: …Why don’t I like the tone of this right now?

Alex: Oh but you will. *slides over like some sort of demented Willy Wonka to a nearby shelf and pulls something off* On the other end of this line *holds out a phone* your most prized possession exists. If you do not risk it all, then they will pay the consequence.

Xof: What kind of fucked up Saw shit is this?

Alex: Just you wait. *hands the phone to Malkon* Your most prized possession.

Malkon: *listens a moment and nods* I understand, my 30 piece sushi platter needs me.

Alex: Your turn *hands the phone to xofelf*

Xof: *gasps* The 96th flirtationship how did you know?!

Alex: I have my ways, I have my ways. And finally *hands phone to CaptainMeme*

CaptainMeme: KEBERT XELA?!

Alex: …what the fuck?

CaptainMeme: Sorry was just trying it for good measure. I mean oh no, not the entire nation of Great Britain!

*dun dun duuuuuunnnnnnnn*

*All three contestants look aghast*

Xof: So what is it we have to do?

Alex: You will all participate in a singular question. In order to save your most prized possession, you must risk them. If you fail, they DIE. If you win, then you get them back. That will be your reward.

Malkon: Does that mean I get 60 piece sushi platter if I win?

Xof: Does that mean I get another 96 flirtationships?

CaptainMeme: Does that mean I get to double the square milage of Great Britain thus becoming ruler by proxy of annexation and restoring the British Empire to its former glory??

Alex: Sure yes, all of that. But first, you must answer this question…

*everyone is listening*

Alex: Which listmod is the best listmod on all of MS?

*everyone just stares at Alex for a moment*

Xof: …me?

CaptainMeme: Cephrir?

Malkon: …D none of the above?

Alex: …and those are your final answers?

Everyone: Yes?

Alex: …you sure there’s not someone whose name starts with oh I don’t know, M throwing it out there.

Xof: *glares at him* Monty. I swear to god. I’ll--

Alex: Congratulations Xof is correct! This means they have won the risk vs reward bonus round and their 96th flirtationship lives!

Malkon: B-but what about the sushi?

CaptainMeme: Did I just single handedly end the reign of my home country?

Alex: No no no that was all just a little fun. *chuckles*

*Everyone glares at him*

Alex: Okay I can see my little joke did not go over as well as I hoped, let’s begin the penultimate round with the 12-4 category, Xof please start us off.

Xof: I swear to god I’m firing you the moment I can. You’ll be hearing from my Zoraster Lawyers. Anyways let’s end this, start with $600.

Alex: For $600, your first question in the 12-4 category is…

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #45 (isolation #8) » Tue May 09, 2023 8:10 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Congratulations <3
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind

Post Post #53 (isolation #9) » Fri May 12, 2023 7:26 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Hey all,

Just a heads up, Meme already knew this was happening, but after the stuff with my dad this year and things going on in my life, I’m going to step down from helping with COTY stuff. Most years no one really cares about the narratives I write or comments on them and it’s obvious that most people just want to know about placements. And that’s fine! I just need to prioritize that if the narrative doesn’t matter I need to focus my energy and efforts elsewhere.

Ive had a blast doing this for the past 5 years and it meant a lot to feel like I was helping. So I was mostly doing it for me because it gave me purpose at a really low point in my life.

Searl (aka Meme, please refer to him as Searl or Meme) will still be doing graphics and polls and stuff for COTY. Ive also said I’m happy to verify or vet stuff if he needs it.

Ill let Searl decide what he does or doesn’t want to going forward. My part was something I came up with and prior to me joining it was just posting reveals, so yeah.

Thanks for humoring me. I’m still around, just putting my focus elsewhere is all <3
Last edited by Malkon05 on Sat May 13, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”