TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1796, Jingle wrote:
In post 1757, Adorable wrote: Eliminating in a player who failed their protection because of a strongman looks manipulative.
Do you agree to lim me then rat then peta in that order and protect wgeurts? Y/N
I prefer to elim scum and when you say it like this, it makes me conflicted and worried the flip will be a miss. wgeurts is going to be protected by the mushroom tonight and I'll have to protect someone else.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:26 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1800, Adorable wrote: I prefer to elim scum and when you say it like this, it makes me conflicted and worried the flip will be a miss. wgeurts is going to be protected by the mushroom tonight and I'll have to protect someone else.
Which one of you wgeurts HPE do you think could possibly be scum?
This is a Parachute.
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:27 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1800, Adorable wrote:
In post 1757, Adorable wrote: Eliminating in a player who failed their protection because of a strongman looks manipulative.
Do you agree to lim me then rat then peta in that order and protect wgeurts? Y/N
I prefer to elim scum and when you say it like this, it makes me conflicted and worried the flip will be a miss. wgeurts is going to be protected by the mushroom tonight and I'll have to protect someone else.
Jingle so willingly going "yeah kill me" def gives town vibes but this one is also scared of WIFOM "well if he's trying to get himself killed then he can't be scum right?" type shit. Best bet is to just go with his plan rn it thinks...?
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:35 am

Also noteworthy that petapan has a similar outlook of "yeah go ahead and vote me out"
Get To Know A Doll
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 9:41 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1801, Jingle wrote:
In post 1800, Adorable wrote: I prefer to elim scum and when you say it like this, it makes me conflicted and worried the flip will be a miss. wgeurts is going to be protected by the mushroom tonight and I'll have to protect someone else.
HPE
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Radical Rat »

This is incorrect. YOU are protected by the mushroom, via wgeurts. You need to protect wgeurts using your shroom-induced invulnerability, while I protect HPE.

Or we could have me protect wgeurts and you protect HPE, but it's something that does need to be set in stone by sunset so we don't accidentally target the same person. My preference is you on wgeurts me on HPE, but either is fine.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:29 am

Post by Jingle »

Okay.

Cerbs and HPE come across as incredibly unpartnered, imo. Look at , for example. Cerbs tosses a casual buzzword at HPE before disagreeing with HPE's sentiment that my undermining of my own read ability itt is weird to then throw shade about HPE's ability.
In post 228, Cerberus v666 wrote: I don't know you, but are you someone who just sheeps people who project confidence more so than those who actually admit that people are bad at solving games?
He casually drops beetlejuicing again in and then asks an empty question about its playstyle. 'Sure,' you say, ' That looks like traditional distancing.' Except it doesn't. It looks like fake solving, sure, but it's awkward in the exact wrong way to be S/S. It's not "Look we're interacting we're not scum!" awkward it's incredibly indirect shade that doesn't give cerbs any credit or positive optics when/if HPE flips scum. And at this point in the thread it was a very reasonable expectation HPE may have ended up the D1 lim.
In post 245, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 239, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 232, wgeurts wrote: Porkens is being useless, but that's unfortunately something people do as town as well as scum. So I need more information. Why aren't you voting Porkens over Fate, as he's not exactly giving much either? @HPE
Because this one very much wants Fate to start talking considering they've provided even less than Porkens has. You ARE still on my list, but this one would really like these two to get to generating content, Fate especially.
In post 233, Cerberus v666 wrote: I would appreciate a response to my question about who you are and how you do the mafia things!
If this one is going to sheep, it tries to sheep people it agrees with and trusts, and confidence doesn't usually have much to do with that, it thinks.
HPE, is there anyone in this game who you are not currently suspicious of, and why? I appreciate a focus on scum, but also, like, identifying town is important.

And okay, then - in that case, what exactly was the problem you had with someone stating their reads are unreliable? Can you walk me through that reasoning, if the confidence someone projects doesn't have much to do with it?
This is something that stuck out to me in Cerbs' ISO because of the buddying aimed at me. This is very indirect to be a bus attempt and wouldn't have netted any cred at all, but clearly cerbs wants people to take a closer look at HPE. HPE, notably awkward and presumably incredibly easy to mislim based on playstyle issues.

I can continue in this vein for quite some time, but cerbs was pretty consistently backseating the HPE push by just passively supporting wgeurts' efforts and was never doing enough to really be seen as the one pushing HPE.

In the reverse, HPE was like, the only one who didn't read the writing on the wall that cerbs was dying yesterday. Like...
In post 1611, HighPrincessErinys wrote: If Cerb flips scum this one will eat a chair.
Is that what solo scum seeing their partner getting burned posts? I don't think so.

Also Also, if HPE scum we have:

EN Tracker
Motion Detector that can MAYBE hit a single member of the scumteam
2 Shot Rolestopper
Loved Bodyguard
4 VT

*doc*
*public rolestopper*

vs

3shot rb/rc
???

and I don't see anything that fills that ??? that doesn't either invalidate large portions of the setup.

Also also also, ScumHPE explicitly chose to inno wgeurts instead of anyone else today.

To borrow a turn of phrase, If HPE flips scum I'll eat a chair.
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:41 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1802, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Jingle so willingly going "yeah kill me" def gives town vibes but this one is also scared of WIFOM "well if he's trying to get himself killed then he can't be scum right?" type shit. Best bet is to just go with his plan rn it thinks...?
Thing is he's not actually doing that. Koba is allegedly begging him to towncase himself, and he's only on board with his elimination if he can get everyone to agree to a course of action that can never be changed, that requires a specific outcome to even happen in the first place.

And to be clear, the current plan IS good, assuming indeed that Jingle flips Town and scum holsters, and in that case I WILL go willingly if peta changes his mind about not wanting to be last and nothing groundbreaking happens. You can take my hypothetical resistance in such a scenario as a scumclaim.

But demanding absolutely no wiggle room, even as peta and I should be interchangeable, and as the relevant scenario isn't super likely to happen imo...

It's like he's trying to push back without looking like he's actually afraid to die.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:44 am

Post by Jingle »

I agree that I think the game is solved and am ramming that solve down people’s throats. In other news, cows eat grass.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 10:50 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1804, Adorable wrote:
HPE
Quoting to ping. Do you agree to protect wgeurts and eliminate me then rat then peta, in that order?
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:00 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Okay, but explain why you're adamant that peta and I aren't interchangeable. What "shenanigans" are you referring to?

The only thing scum could have that could change anything in the scenario that they first holster to create a "choice" between me and peta is a double kill of some kind, which I think we agree is pretty far fetched.

If they don't holster, and can't break the protection, there's only one of me/peta alive, and it doesn't matter what people swore to do.

If they CAN break the protection, no one's going to listen to anything I can say to defend myself when the person I'm supposed to protect dies, so you don't need to worry about deviation there.

And I was starting to doubt myself again until you insisted that I HAVE to come before peta, which is a meaningless distinction to me, and SHOULD be to you, unless you're just using it as an extra barrier to accepting your own demise

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:16 am

Post by Jingle »

There are worlds in which you either holster or one shot sman through a protect to indict someone who is not you. In those worlds, radrat, the player who holstered a protection on the claimed investigator who was then immediately killed dies. I don’t trust town to not fuck things up completely, so we go with the very simple plan of kill jingle, kill rat, kill peta. There is no room for interpretation or reevaluation once I’m gone and can’t respond anymore. Do you want to dispute that the plan works? Do you want to dispute the town status of any of my town core? Do you want to do literally anything other than cast shade at a plan you yourself profess faith in? No?

Okay. Then I’m going to continue advocating my plan in which I get limmed first and you have no input.
This is a Parachute.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:53 am

Post by Adorable »

I might be misunderstanding how the mushroom powerup works. At first I thought whoever gets voted for the powerup will be protected from a kill and I didn't read the first sentence clearly. Reading it again I see it says the mushroom is used by giving it to another player and they will be protected for the night.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 11:55 am

Post by Adorable »

I can protect wgeurts.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:27 pm

Post by Adorable »

In post 1809, Jingle wrote:
In post 1804, Adorable wrote:
HPE
Quoting to ping. Do you agree to protect wgeurts and eliminate me then rat then peta, in that order?
yes
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1811, Jingle wrote: There are worlds in which you either holster or one shot sman through a protect to indict someone who is not you. In those worlds, radrat, the player who holstered a protection on the claimed investigator who was then immediately killed dies. I don’t trust town to not fuck things up completely, so we go with the very simple plan of kill jingle, kill rat, kill peta. There is no room for interpretation or reevaluation once I’m gone and can’t respond anymore. Do you want to dispute that the plan works? Do you want to dispute the town status of any of my town core? Do you want to do literally anything other than cast shade at a plan you yourself profess faith in? No?

Okay. Then I’m going to continue advocating my plan in which I get limmed first and you have no input.
Well, you're right in that it's a fruitless argument. I still don't think you're making sense, but as long as the game ends here anyway it doesn't matter. I'll let it be.

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 1:44 pm

This one will be honest in that it's kinda been running on fumes in terms of piecing things together for a while now but it's pretty sure we have this in the bag if we just follow Jingle's plan, or atleast the first two steps and see what happens with my track, etc.
Get To Know A Doll
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 1:51 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Really my only hangup is that peta has explicitly expressed a desire to die first, and I can't understand why Jingle cares so much that he doesn't, but also I don't believe the game will reach that point anyway, so it's whatever.

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1816, HighPrincessErinys wrote: see what happens with my track, etc.
There is no see what happens with your track. It is potentially viable that a scum peta can fuck with the track results given a town radrat world.

Just waiting on wgeurts now.
This is a Parachute.
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat May 13, 2023 3:04 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

I don't want to go into detail, but there is a correct way to use the Tracker that can create a meaningful result, regardless of any fucking that occurs.

Hopefully it won't come down to that though.

wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 3:22 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 1795, Jingle wrote:
In post 1782, wgeurts wrote: Not fully done reading up just yet, will chip in once finished
I mean yes, it's one of you three.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:08 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 1784, Jingle wrote:
In post 1740, petapan wrote: wgeurts protects adorable, adorable protects HPE, RR protects wgeurts.
Plan for reference

VOTE: jingle

Don’t deviate, lim rat tomorrow.
This is a Parachute.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:16 am

Post by wgeurts »

VOTE: Jingle

I dislike this because I have 20 pages left to go but there's no real point if we're just going to do this, undeniably scum is one of you three however and I think it's optimal as such.
"
i agree we should have a rule against wgeurts
" -
Davsto

"
let's have 2 rules against wgeurts
" -
DeathRowKitty

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:33 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Wait I thought we agreed I was on HPE and Adorable does wgeurts

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sun May 14, 2023 5:34 am

Post by Radical Rat »

???

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”