TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:19 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1697, Radical Rat wrote: Thoughts Time:

My first guess for scum here is peta. He was on Porkens, but off Cerb, I've been scumreading him off and on throughout the game, and judging by end of day, Fate would have agreed.

Jingle is a source of mild paranoia for me. In general, I'd trust him more than myself on mechanical matters, but when he's saying my role shouldn't exist, and I have my role... at the very least, he's wrong. I also think that if there was scum bussing peta, Jingle is the most likely to be that scum.

Adorable is probably just Town. We know she's Loved, and she was the swing vote for Cerb, probably could have turned it onto me instead if she'd wanted to.

HPE scares me a lot, because while I'm leaning Town presently, if it is scum we're kinda fucked. Was also on Porkens but off Cerb, was frankly bizarrely trusting of his claim, the kill makes the most sense in this world, and I'm not 100% convinced Daisy makes sense as a UB... but also willingly generating conftown is something scum usually avoids, and there were a couple angles that could have been taken to mislim me instead... but also doing things this way is safer and no one's going to want to lim it in MeLo... but I don't know if I'm willing to give up a potential cop shot going into ELo.

Wgeurts is IC now, because even if HPE is lying, they can't both be scum, but I was strongly townreading them anyway.

Conclusions: I don't fuckin' have any
this is the first post in rr's iso i'd say i find outright scummy. my brain hates the over the top burial of cerb day 2 but that's a bit of a silly thought

not analysis just saying i think it's a slick game overall if scum
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1873, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1869, Radical Rat wrote: Well, best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

HPE, obviously track peta tonight, Adorable protect wgeurts.
Wouldn't it be better to protect me and ensure the track goes through? This one knows you kinda suspect me but that seems like the better option, mechanics wise.
yeah lol adorable should absolutely be protecting you if the game doesn't end
free crypto
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:22 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Wouldn't it be better to protect me and ensure the track goes through? This one knows you kinda suspect me but that seems like the better option, mechanics wise.
It's better to make sure we have conftown alive in ELo. If scum shoots you to prevent the track, that removes unnecessary paranoia, and if they keep you alive to maintain that paranoia, you get the result anyway. And even if they holster, you should still see Adorable visit wgeurts, which reinforces her claim.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:29 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 1877, Radical Rat wrote:

It's better to make sure we have conftown alive in ELo. If scum shoots you to prevent the track, that removes unnecessary paranoia, and if they keep you alive to maintain that paranoia, you get the result anyway. And even if they holster, you should still see Adorable visit wgeurts, which reinforces her claim.
Gun to my head: Adorable is 99.99% legit, wgeurts is confirmed, and this one is Tracker, meaning if it's protected it just has to click peta and we win assuming we don't win here and now.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:32 am

Also not sure what you mean by "paranoia" cause like, yeah, there's technically nothing that confs me, but you're the only one really doubting the claim here. That's YOUR paranoia dude.
Get To Know A Doll
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:33 am

Post by petapan »

HPE would have to out a result anyway which would result in a conftown
free crypto
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1879, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Also not sure what you mean by "paranoia" cause like, yeah, there's technically nothing that confs me, but you're the only one really doubting the claim here. That's YOUR paranoia dude.
Adorable has expressed concern as well

HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:36 am

Get To Know A Doll
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:36 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Wait I confused myself and mixed together multiple plan ideas

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:38 am

Post by Radical Rat »

If you track peta, you wouldn't see Adorable visit, that was from when I was still expecting a redirector to happen, because in all permutations of that setup you can piece together what happened.

petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1870, Adorable wrote:
In post 1868, petapan wrote:
In post 1865, Adorable wrote:
In post 1859, petapan wrote:
In post 1858, Radical Rat wrote: So let's turn the question on you then. If I'm Town, and it's not HPE, I presume your choice would be Adorable, yeah? Why?
i think it's possible, if you held a gun to my head and asked me to give an answer right now i'd say that but it's based purely on a hunch

i don't think the roleclaim is inherently clearing. cakez provides mafia with flavor safeclaims and writes PMs for them. having a bodyguard and a rolestopper in the same setup, to me, is a stretch. an in my brief glances none of the interactions between adorable and cerb fell outside the realm of what i'd consider as scumdistancing

like i said though, i need to reread first
In a world where I am scum, my approach on Cerb that's not how I treat a scum buddy.
okay, humor me. why not?
I prefer to be a team player when I'm scum and try to avoid bussing and distancing. Reason why I try avoid bussing and distancing as scum is because I worry when I do vote a buddy, town will catch onto this and will sheep me. Losing a scum buddy makes it hard in later game to eliminate town and starts to get nervewrecking.

You can see my progression on day 1 I voted Fate for being scummy and since he got voted I sheeped, after seeing Fate post more I came to the conclusion Fate plays for entertainment and these kind of players play scummy no matter what alignment they are and I shelved him as null. Afterwards I decided to vote Cerb because I also had him as a scum read.

For me to be scum I would have left my vote on Fate or changed my vote to Porkens instead of voting Cerb. I went to all this effort on looking through some of your completed scum games last day to see how you treat your scum buddies and your treatment on Cerb did not look like how you play as scum from your completed scum games I skimmed through. For you to think I am scum then you would have to think I am hard town siding which I can't even pull off.
I realize this was a very long time ago and your approach to playing the game can easily have changed, but you are on the record as saying differently. So I have to ask: when did your stance on distancing change?
free crypto
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 1880, petapan wrote:

HPE would have to out a result anyway which would result in a conftown
If it's Town, and scum shoots, sure. But you were the one who said scum would holster in that scenario and the track would be useless, were you not?

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:55 am

Post by Radical Rat »

It's not SUPER important, peta probably dies tomorrow regardless of what happens, but I do value the life of actual conftown over a tracker not likely to actually get a result anyway.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:59 am

Post by Radical Rat »

Basically my thinking is if scum holsters, no point in protecting HPE anyway, and if they kill it, that's just one less contingency to worry about, and we still win anyway.

Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:03 am

Post by Radical Rat »

wgeurts is the only potential flip we learn absolutely nothing from, and as such is the flip that should be prevented the most.

Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1890 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:06 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1885, petapan wrote:
In post 1870, Adorable wrote:
In post 1868, petapan wrote:
In post 1865, Adorable wrote:
In post 1859, petapan wrote:
In post 1858, Radical Rat wrote: So let's turn the question on you then. If I'm Town, and it's not HPE, I presume your choice would be Adorable, yeah? Why?
i think it's possible, if you held a gun to my head and asked me to give an answer right now i'd say that but it's based purely on a hunch

i don't think the roleclaim is inherently clearing. cakez provides mafia with flavor safeclaims and writes PMs for them. having a bodyguard and a rolestopper in the same setup, to me, is a stretch. an in my brief glances none of the interactions between adorable and cerb fell outside the realm of what i'd consider as scumdistancing

like i said though, i need to reread first
In a world where I am scum, my approach on Cerb that's not how I treat a scum buddy.
okay, humor me. why not?
I prefer to be a team player when I'm scum and try to avoid bussing and distancing. Reason why I try avoid bussing and distancing as scum is because I worry when I do vote a buddy, town will catch onto this and will sheep me. Losing a scum buddy makes it hard in later game to eliminate town and starts to get nervewrecking.

You can see my progression on day 1 I voted Fate for being scummy and since he got voted I sheeped, after seeing Fate post more I came to the conclusion Fate plays for entertainment and these kind of players play scummy no matter what alignment they are and I shelved him as null. Afterwards I decided to vote Cerb because I also had him as a scum read.

For me to be scum I would have left my vote on Fate or changed my vote to Porkens instead of voting Cerb. I went to all this effort on looking through some of your completed scum games last day to see how you treat your scum buddies and your treatment on Cerb did not look like how you play as scum from your completed scum games I skimmed through. For you to think I am scum then you would have to think I am hard town siding which I can't even pull off.
I realize this was a very long time ago and your approach to playing the game can easily have changed, but you are on the record as saying differently. So I have to ask: when did your stance on distancing change?
This is an old game that is 4 years ago. I used to vote a scum buddy first and reason why is because I felt comfortable voting a buddy and I would get worried whichever town I vote they would omgus me and another player would sheep the town who omgus me. Over the years playing as scum I have been working on voting town instead of voting a buddy. Lately my recent scum games have all been multiball and I have been hunting the other team in the thread. It's been like 2 years since I have last played as scum that is not a multiball game and when I do play as scum that is not a multiball game I struggle on getting some players to town read me.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1890, Adorable wrote: This is an old game that is 4 years ago. I used to vote a scum buddy first and reason why is because I felt comfortable voting a buddy and I would get worried whichever town I vote they would omgus me and another player would sheep the town who omgus me. Over the years playing as scum I have been working on voting town instead of voting a buddy. Lately my recent scum games have all been multiball and I have been hunting the other team in the thread. It's been like 2 years since I have last played as scum that is not a multiball game and when I do play as scum that is not a multiball game I struggle on getting some players to town read me.
Could you link me a couple of your more recent games?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:30 am

Post by petapan »

man if i'm not completely cooked as a mafia player RR just looks like bait from cerb's ISO
In post 1545, Cerberus v666 wrote: Also why the fuck is RR the closest thing to a counterwagon to me? HPE, peta, if this is based on the idea of there being one scum in the three of us, do you really think RR is the more likely scum there than fate is? Like, I get my own reasoning, and I know I said that fates specific behavior with regards to this claim is more likely to come from town!fate than scum!fate, but like - I certainly don't expect that line of reasoning to resonate with, like, anyone else lol.
unless someone is dogmatically anti-bussing this isn't what scum who's being run up says about his partner, not least while RR is repeatedly burying him - the whole argument they have feels like cerb is trying to persuade RR. sure, it could be scum theater but why do they only bother doing that whole charade on day 2, and is cerb being so non-confrontational toward RR? it bought them no points with anyone basically
free crypto
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1893 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:31 am

Post by Adorable »

In post 1891, petapan wrote:
In post 1890, Adorable wrote: This is an old game that is 4 years ago. I used to vote a scum buddy first and reason why is because I felt comfortable voting a buddy and I would get worried whichever town I vote they would omgus me and another player would sheep the town who omgus me. Over the years playing as scum I have been working on voting town instead of voting a buddy. Lately my recent scum games have all been multiball and I have been hunting the other team in the thread. It's been like 2 years since I have last played as scum that is not a multiball game and when I do play as scum that is not a multiball game I struggle on getting some players to town read me.
My recent games I play as another username and playing on this site I prefer to keep my other username identity hidden.
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1894 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:34 am

Post by Adorable »

If you want I can link you a game of mine from 2 years ago that is not multiball and I have a username I don't mind on revealing.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1893, Adorable wrote:
In post 1891, petapan wrote:
My recent games I play as another username and playing on this site I prefer to keep my other username identity hidden.
well i hope you understand it's kind of hard for me to take you at your word then, yeah?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1894, Adorable wrote: If you want I can link you a game of mine from 2 years ago that is not multiball and I have a username I don't mind on revealing.
go for it
free crypto
Adorable
Adorable
She
Goon
Adorable
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1897 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:45 am

Post by Adorable »

https://forum.nogoblinsallowed.com/view ... 26&t=27145

Username is Faerie. What's interesting in this game is how I treated a buddy on day 1 I put them in my scum list and he was a counterwagon to a town who claimed at eod and I did not vote my buddy when I was online posting. I purposely kept the votes tied and hoped rng would eliminate town which it did.

There is no iso button and instead you would have to skim through all the pages to find my posts.
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:48 am

Post by petapan »

don't worry i can read fast, thank you for the link
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (ISO) » Wed May 17, 2023 10:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1113, Adorable wrote: I don't have confident town reads and players I think are town are Jingle and Cerb. Rest of the players are in my poe.
Adorable, can you talk to me about why you thought Cerb was town at the start of Day 2 after you suspected him on Day 1?
free crypto

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”