he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 45, T-Bone wrote:
Community Contributor
2023/05/04 T-Bone Thestatusquo Shea pushed forth an initiative that was long overdue, sending out an email to our member list inviting them back to the site. I think this was ultimately a success as countless users have returned to the community in some capacity, either via the discord, and even some mafia games. This was especially helpful because many returning players signed up for Team Mafia. Without Shea's skills in this task, it would not have gotten done because no one on the current mod team had the necessary skills or knowledge to push this through.
Nth.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Wed May 24, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 50, RH9 wrote:
In post 45, T-Bone wrote:
Community Contributor
2023/05/04 T-Bone Thestatusquo Shea pushed forth an initiative that was long overdue, sending out an email to our member list inviting them back to the site. I think this was ultimately a success as countless users have returned to the community in some capacity, either via the discord, and even some mafia games. This was especially helpful because many returning players signed up for Team Mafia. Without Shea's skills in this task, it would not have gotten done because no one on the current mod team had the necessary skills or knowledge to push this through.
Nth.
Nth.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:54 pm

Post by Scummies »

We will announce the winners of the 2022 Scummies and Mashies on Saturday, July 29, 2023 7:00 PM EDT (GMT-4:00) or in (expired on 2023-07-29 19:00:00).
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:26 pm

Post by Aisa »

Paperback Writer
2023/08/08 Aisa Umlaut Open 878: Scarfolk Council Many of us (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) loved Umlaut's flavour for this game, featuring the quirky and dystopian town of Scarfolk. I thought it was funny and well written. Umlaut's layout and formatting contributed to the aesthetics of the game. Especially impressive was that every VC came with its own image of a poster / book page from the fictional town. (Sadly it seems that some images are now broken. Or is it my wifi connection?)
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Tue Aug 08, 2023 7:56 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 53, Aisa wrote:
Paperback Writer
2023/08/08 Aisa Umlaut Open 878: Scarfolk Council Many of us (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) loved Umlaut's flavour for this game, featuring the quirky and dystopian town of Scarfolk. I thought it was funny and well written. Umlaut's layout and formatting contributed to the aesthetics of the game. Especially impressive was that every VC came with its own image of a poster / book page from the fictional town. (Sadly it seems that some images are now broken. Or is it my wifi connection?)
Nth.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 23
On hiatus from playing mafia.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:05 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

Rising Star
2023/21/8 thestatusquo Black In the last year black has taken the newbie queue by storm, amassing an impressive record that earned her (the somewhat tongue in cheek) nickname "the newbie scum queen" by willing a large number of scum games in a row. Black also jumped into the other queues on the site full force and even competed in team mafia, becoming a well known member of the site and the queues in a very short period of time. She has also integrated herself into the community side of the site, becoming a fixture in the discord as well as other parts of site culture. I've found her rise and her ability to integrate into the general meta of the site as a newbie to be impressive and think it deserves recognition.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 7:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
Rising Star
2023/21/8 thestatusquo Black In the last year black has taken the newbie queue by storm, amassing an impressive record that earned her (the somewhat tongue in cheek) nickname "the newbie scum queen" by willing a large number of scum games in a row. Black also jumped into the other queues on the site full force and even competed in team mafia, becoming a well known member of the site and the queues in a very short period of time. She has also integrated herself into the community side of the site, becoming a fixture in the discord as well as other parts of site culture. I've found her rise and her ability to integrate into the general meta of the site as a newbie to be impressive and think it deserves recognition.
2nd
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:53 am

Post by usesPython »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
Rising Star
Nth
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 5:59 am

Post by Black »

Thank you guys! <33
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sat Sep 02, 2023 10:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Not that it’s needed, but I’ll Nth the Black nom.

I have another Rising Star nom I’ll write up sometime this
week
year
Last edited by Flavor Leaf on Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Sep 11, 2023 11:45 am

Post by Dannflor »

Moment of Brilliance
2023/09/01 Dannflor Dunnstral Open 881 | Friends and Enemies This play vastly swung the EV of this game in town's favor.

At the end of Day 2, town was correctly wagoning a scum player who then claimed mason - threatening to out one of the three masons that had so far remained undetected in order to secure a scum elimination. With little hesitation, Dunnstral correctly deduces that the player claiming mason (superbowl9) *cannot* be a mason and cc's the mason claim. What makes this play so brilliant is that Dunnstral himself was a vanilla townie. The day ends shortly after and Dunnstral is killed during the night. The 3 masons remain hidden and the game ends in a town victory 2 days later.

This was not only a sharp part of deduction on Dunnstral's part, but an instrumental shift in momentum that helped town win the game. Dunnstral was a viable miselim target before this play, having defended scum before the mason claim. This play not only kept the masons secret, but forced the scum team to night kill a slot that could have been a much needed miselimination.

Just a very slick, if simple, town play
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:20 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Don Corleone
2023/11/09
DragonEater70 Flavor Leaf
I'm nominating Flavor Leaf for two amazing, back-to-back scum wins, where he made himself practically conf town despite being scum.

In Micro Normal 1092, Flavor Leaf crumbed a role he didn't have since the beginning of Day 1, faked a soft inno, and then killed his inno to secure the claim's success. Additionally he masterfully pushed a mislim through on Day 2 in a way that looked like he was just tunneled town, and did it quickly enough so that the pocketed inno won't turn on him.

In Large Normal 245, Flavor Leaf rolled a rolecop traitor. He rolecopped Dannflor the Gunsmith, divined who he had a guilty on before he even said a word, and fakeclaimed a guilty on his scum partner. In his own words, he YOINKED the guilty from Dannflor. Then Flavor Leaf basically spent the rest of the game riding on the towncred of bussing his own partner, and every time a townie would start to suspect him, he would get them limmed. As several players noted, the game basically operated on a "townread Flavor Leaf or die" basis.
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:01 pm

Post by Alianna »

^
Nth.
I townread Alianna.

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Thank you for the nom! It’s been a fun stressful scum year, rolled it three times this year, and if I could pull a streak like Alianna did, only rolling town forever, that would be the best.

Now if only I could get to that level as town :cry: :lol:
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:03 am

Post by Ircher »

Hi everyone,

This is a quick reminder that we have a bit less than two months before nominations close. The nominations thread should currently be up-to-date, and we still have a few categories with no nominations (Paragon, Modfather, Rube Goldberg, Game of the Year, and Post of the Year).

Also, I will soon be looking for people to help judge the 2023 Scummies. If you are interested, please pm me.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:16 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Well if no one else wants to do a Modfather nom, I might do two of them later on this month.

(but please do some so I don't feel obliged to make two)
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:40 am

Post by Black »

Game of the Year
2023/11/19 Black Alisae Pokemon Battles 2 - Attack on Giratina I would like to nominate Pokemon Battles 2 for the Game of the Year.

This game was Alisae's self-proclaimed "magnum opus", and you could tell. The amount of work they put into the game and it's mechanics was apparent, and the attention to detail was second to none. This game featured everything from battling wild Pokemon encounters, using abilities that were unique to your Pokemon, evolving, and even a boss battle mechanic. The player list featured many staples on the site and even though there were many replace outs, it never took long for someone to fill the void.

Alisae's genius as a moderator was on full display here. They were extremely active and helpful, and even had an ongoing test battle simulator going for the players to practice and toy with. I will be anticipating the third installment in this series and I hope it comes around sooner than later!
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 19, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Alisae »

The only 2 people that come to mind for paragon this year is Klick and I.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:42 am

Post by Cook »

Post of the Year
2023/07/27 Cook hellbooks Micro 1089: the coalition, again She posted an entire House of Leaves-esque readslist of the rest of the game, for no real reason. Amazing.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:04 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 69, Cook wrote:
Post of the Year
2023/07/27 Cook hellbooks Micro 1089: the coalition, again She posted an entire House of Leaves-esque readslist of the rest of the game, for no real reason. Amazing.
absolutely nth
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:23 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 63, Flavor Leaf wrote: Thank you for the nom! It’s been a fun stressful scum year, rolled it three times this year, and if I could pull a streak like Alianna did, only rolling town forever, that would be the best.

Now if only I could get to that level as town :cry: :lol:
That's what you think until it actually happens to you. :lol:

18 times in a row...how does that even happen?
I townread Alianna.

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:45 am

Post by Ausuka »

Paragon
2023/11/20
Ausuka Aristeia
I typically don't do nominations but if there's an absence of it from others I can give it a try. Aristeia has been one of the best active town players on the site for a while. She might not be perfect, but she consistently has a strong presence in games that is very difficult for scum to play around even if her reads aren't on point right away, and has had many extremely strong performances where she has pushed mafia strongly in a way that makes it extremely difficult for town not to win the game. For example, in Open 881 - a Friends and Enemies game, she pushed all of Shadi, Superbowl and Bell on Day 1. While we ended up miseliminating on Day 1, she was not part of that and helped to ensure Superbowl and Shadi were eliminated on the following days, and as soon as she realised Bell was not a Mason she started pushing him which led to town winning on day 4. Another example is Guns and Roses VI where she pushed Dunnstral and Bulge, two scum, on day 1, and was pretty skeptical of Mala throughout. In Hollow Knight Mafia - which surprisingly was actually this year - she rolled tracker, a rather weak power in a large game with lots of power roles. But she used it with fantastic skill, catching multiple mafia members - not just identifying possible mafia but also the ones who would make the kill, taking out Sircakez and thestatusquo, dangerous mafia players in their own right. She also pushed a scum lim on actiondan d1. Mafia eventually won that game, thanks to what was an incredible scum performance from Gimli, but I don't think that should take away from how well Ari played.

Overall, when I think of the best town players on the site Aristeia is the name that comes to my mind the most. She's very skilled and is capable of being primarily responsible for multiple scumflips in many of her towngames. I can't think of anyone who deserves this award more than she does.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:47 am

Post by Black »

^ 2nd Aristeia. Her Hollow Knight performance was absolutely goated. It was my first game on the site and I remember being so impressed by her
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:51 am

Post by DragonEater70 »

Nth Aristeia, I was actually thinking about nomming her but didn't know what to write so I just waited for someone else to do it.

I think this quote from Friends and Enemies summarizes her town play this year pretty well though:
In post 1901, Aristeia wrote: lets leave the catching baddies thing to me ok dear
(followed by her pushing the last scum to a quick elimination)

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”