Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Firebringer »

in the interest of self metaing urself Cephy.
I don't get why u continue saying ur clearly in ur town meta
can u explain how u see urself and what the hell i am missing that ur so obvious town
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 1:11 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 1774, Firebringer wrote: kuribo thinks i operate at 90 iq but im really working at a 70 iq.
You need to update operation system
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1776, Enchant wrote:
In post 1774, Firebringer wrote: kuribo thinks i operate at 90 iq but im really working at a 70 iq.
You need to update operation system
Not enough disk space for it.
I got it filled with 10000 copies of the bee movie.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Here There Be Dragons
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Here There Be Dragons
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by Here There Be Dragons »

In post 1775, Firebringer wrote: in the interest of self metaing urself Cephy.
I don't get why u continue saying ur clearly in ur town meta
can u explain how u see urself and what the hell i am missing that ur so obvious town
i dont think i said clearly, but maybe i did

i felt very righteous and firey d1 and i haven't played a scum game like that (aside from an alt where i always do that on purpose) since, like, it became decently well known that my scum meta was confidence in ~2015

-c
Emperor flippyNips
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Emperor flippyNips
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by Emperor flippyNips »

In post 1736, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1717, Emperor flippyNips wrote: Well I was in a neighborhood with theta. Not that that has to do with why they said I’m a town read. It wouldn’t make sense for them to sr me based off of our last game together (right before this one) and seeing how terrible I am at scum. I have a whole different vibe here which would make it hard for them to say I’m scum without me calling them put for it. DD was there too
Why are you looking at me to defend you?
I’m not, just a fact
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1779, Emperor flippyNips wrote:
In post 1736, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1717, Emperor flippyNips wrote: Well I was in a neighborhood with theta. Not that that has to do with why they said I’m a town read. It wouldn’t make sense for them to sr me based off of our last game together (right before this one) and seeing how terrible I am at scum. I have a whole different vibe here which would make it hard for them to say I’m scum without me calling them put for it. DD was there too
Why are you looking at me to defend you?
I’m not, just a fact
This seems eerily similar to how Theta was using that game to defend their play in this game. Maybe I should look back at that game, but there isn't anything you have done here that says to me 'oh scum Flippy was wildly different'
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'actually ya drew is useless' - Snivy
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 2:52 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

1572 copypasta has some outdated terms in it. Let's just watch for that going forward.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Kuribo, are you really saying that Wheme couldn't have protected who scum tried to NK(and that Theta couldn't have been the one to do the kill) and that your 'vig' shot is the only explanation for Theta's death?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by Kitty Trauma Team »

In post 1782, Doctor Drew wrote: Kuribo, are you really saying that Wheme couldn't have protected who scum tried to NK(and that Theta couldn't have been the one to do the kill) and that your 'vig' shot is the only explanation for Theta's death?
No I never said that

I said I'm not gonna sit here and be told I'm fake claiming by people who say that Wheme star was the only explanation

I know who the fuck I shot
~Kuribo & Mala, cat lovers who know CPR
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Honestly at this point I've had a real shitty day on my third double shift this week, I slept like two hours last night and all I've eaten today is two oranges and an entire pot of coffee

So what I'm gonna do now is I'm gonna head home and I'm gonna mix some Hurricane with some moonshine and imma sit in a Fuckin bathtub and think about where I went wrong ih my life
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Frogs »

Kitty hydra targeted theta w/ a vig shot.
Wheme died and Theta also died.

Wheme could have just been the night kill while Kitty vigged Theta, or Wheme died and took Theta down.
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:38 pm

Post by Frogs »

can I get a raise of hands of who actually had Wheme as a fos for D1 because I was never really interesting in pursuing that player.
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Frogs »

In post 1785, Frogs wrote: Wheme could have just been the night kill while Kitty vigged Theta
me personally this is what I think happened but ik they were getting fos' while I kinda just saw them as obvtown
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I dunno if i saw them as obvtown but at the very least i had them as townread in my mind.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:46 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 1771, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1767, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1765, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:
In post 1758, Here There Be Dragons wrote:
In post 1723, Kitty Trauma Team wrote: Enchant and Lich both sound informed as fuck about oh obviously Theta tried to kill someone and Wheme killed Theta

Meanwhile in zero realities was Theta townread enough to be performing the scum kill without fear of getting tracked
what if their partners were less townread
what if they were choosing who they could afford to lose rather than who was safest

-c
*shrug* you can only account for so many what ifs
i just think it's extremely possible that theta performed the kill and i don't plan to ignore that possibility

-c
I don't expect you to ignore the possibility but I absolutely refuse to accept any scenario that involves me fake claiming because I know that scenario can't be reality
Ok then, I misread this interaction then earlier today.

Outside of what you know what you did overnight, can't you objectively understand how people can call this into doubt though?

Pre Edit: I didn't think Wheme as obvtown, more null leaning a bit south of null maybe
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:50 pm

In post 1789, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 1723, Kitty Trauma Team wrote: Enchant and Lich both sound informed as fuck about oh obviously Theta tried to kill someone and Wheme killed Theta

Meanwhile in zero realities was Theta townread enough to be performing the scum kill without fear of getting tracked
what if they were choosing who they could afford to lose rather than who was safest

-c
i just think it's extremely possible that theta performed the kill and i don't plan to ignore that possibility

-c
I don't expect you to ignore the possibility but I absolutely refuse to accept any scenario that involves me fake claiming because I know that scenario can't be reality

Outside of what you know what you did overnight, can't you objectively understand how people can call this into doubt though?

Pre Edit: I didn't think Wheme as obvtown, more null leaning a bit south of null maybe
No because I had no Fuckin reason to fake claim that

Right outta the gate on day 2? That's not how anything Fuckin works
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

-c

-c

I mean Kuribo seems to struggle a bit with the idea that their own subjective "truth" doesn’t apply to other people. I don’t blame them for it or view it as scummy, but it is an cognitive bias that some people can fall into, including myself.
Like i’ve said, i trust the claim. But i also recognize that there is a world where they are scum and made up a claim on the spot, which would actually be a reslly poggers strategy if they were mafia.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Kitty Trauma Team
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Kitty Trauma Team
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:53 pm

In post 1791, NorwegianboyEE wrote:

-c

-c

I mean Kuribo seems to struggle a bit with the idea that their own subjective "truth" doesn’t apply to other people. I don’t blame them for it or view it as scummy, but it is an cognitive bias that some people can fall into, including myself.
Like i’ve said, i trust the claim. But i also recognize that there is a world where they are scum and made up a claim on the spot, which would actually be a reslly poggers strategy if they were mafia.
Buddy you're barkin up the wrong tree if you think I'm still a capable scum player

I haven't been scum since team mafia 2020 and I haven't won a scum game since 2017
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I wouldn't know your history as i think it's first game with you but if you say so then i guess it's more likely you don't pull a gambit like that as scum.
(If this is wrong someone else can maybe verify this)

- Bunno
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 6:55 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Vote Count 2.02
Emperor flippyNips [2]:
TemporalLich, Enchant
Ranger [1]:
NorwegianboyEE
Frogs [1]:
Ranger
Firebringer [1]:
Here There Be Dragons
Enchant [1]:
Kitty Trauma Team

Not Voting
[6]: Peregrine, Emperor flippyNips, Firebringer, Doctor Drew, Klick, Frogs

With
alive, it takes
to fade.

Day 2
ends
(expired on 2023-06-04 01:30:00)

Mod Notes:
Oi.
Last edited by Boonskiies on Thu May 25, 2023 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 7:42 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

I still think emperor flippynips is the scummiest player as of now

oh and doctor drew is towny
time will end
Frogs
Frogs
Goon
Frogs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Thu May 25, 2023 9:19 pm

Post by Frogs »

@STD Happy Cake Day!!!
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 12:30 am

Post by Ranger »

Apologies it took extra 12 hours, medical issues arose.

Important;
In post 1533, Enchant wrote:Whemestar bodyguarded someone from mafia kill. Because they were targeted instead, Disabler kicked in. Therefore mafia can't kill anyone next night.
While I'm not certain it works this way,
if
it does,
In post 1519, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:WE ARE A ONE SHOT VIG / ONE SHOT TRACKER
Ideal play would be holstering any protection/tracking/watching actions with gates.

It does need to be verified the disable works on the factional kill and not just the player making the kill.
In post 1545, Enchant wrote:Mafia tried to kill someone but killed Wheme instead who retaliated and killed Theme in response.
I wouldn't be surprised if mafia straight-up shot WhemeStar. Wheme was one of the most universally townread players D1. The only other player I can think of on par universally was Peregrine, who by virtue of ascetic, wouldn't be protected by Wheme.

If Wheme did save someone, though, I still think Kitty Trauma Team shot Theta regardless.
AKA, rBree2. Casual tryhard. I've Quite the RANGE. #pluralgang
"Interestingly though, town winrate in Blitzes has been really high."
- RadiantCowbells |
"Ranger's been town in most of them."
- Plotinus
"Ranger fake claiming? I'm shocked"
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 12:48 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1592, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Do you have any way to confirm this.
I've no need to confirm what I know is true.

Still,
In post 1595, NorwegianboyEE wrote:What metric do you use to measure someone being townie or scummy at all?
Answering this is beneficial.

The simple answer is, I don't.

My scumhunting process is a series of snap-calls repeatedly, divided into two halves. There's an emphasis on fluidity, with everything being in-the-moment judgements. (If I forget a reason for a read and it's stale, move closer to null. I can always strengthen it again later if I remember why.)

READSLISTS:
Does my readslist look right?
If so, continue.
If not, what looks wrong on it?
Continue adjusting until it feels right.

Does this post affect the read I have on a player, strengthening/weakening my read on them?
If no, continue.
If yes, does it change their position in my readslist?
If no, continue.
If yes, adjust the readslist accordingly.

My read on Theta changed for three reasons.

The first, Students flipped town. Looking at , it was lacking in scumreads. Having only two scumreads and two nullreads, I was short on scum.

The second, the extended twilight posting. Theta Alpine made many posts which indicated she believed Students' claim, in a way I thought indicated her the opposite alignment of Students. Had Students flipped scum, I'd think her clear from a townslip. With Students town, I believed she slipped knowing Students would flip town.

The third, I actually did have a Theta Alpine scumread earlier. Some time between and , the read flipped to a weak townread. Where she stayed the remainder of the day.
I didn't remember why I swapped her from scum to town; I knew the townread was weak and consistently so; I had reason to believe she had scumslipped after Students flipped town.

So, Theta Alpine was my top pick for scum last night.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History
Ranger
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
Ranger
She/Her
{Top Tier}
{Top Tier}

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Fri May 26, 2023 1:01 am

Post by Ranger »

In post 1600, Kitty Trauma Team wrote:IDK if thats the correct way to say it.
I'm getting really tired of explaining this every game.

I am not mastina.
I don't have her feelings, emotions, philosophies, thoughts, processing methods, speaking patterns, or memories. She is an entirely different person.

Near as I can tell
, there isn't any single one person named mastina in her system, because mastina is the collection of everyone in her system.

I am also plural. There isn't any single one person named Ranger in my system, although we all identify by the name at least partially.

We do have some things in common, such as both being veteran mafia players with an internalized scumhunting process which makes heavy usage of readslists. (I don't actually know what mastina's process is, you'd need to ask her, but whatever hers is, .)

The similarities end there. She and I are as different as you and kuribo are. You're both experienced in the medical field and play mafia, but are you the same person? Of course not.

It's okay to ask me if I've familiarity with a game mastina was in.
It's not okay to assume I'm an alt of her. She and I have vastly different philosophies, playstyles, and life experiences.

I've an established meta at this point.
There's no need for comparing me to someone I loathe. Use MY completed games, not hers.
- RadiantCowbells |
- Plotinus
- usesPython
Game History

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”