TM 2023 | Super Mario Bros Mafia | Game Over!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (isolation #200) » Sun Apr 30, 2023 3:47 pm

Post by petapan »

powers for cerb in a vacuum are more useful for scum than town

however analyzing games that way is very likely to result in a lot of losses because mods will give scummy sounding roles to town so i'm unconvinced
by that particular reason
- i was stuck with a role in hollow knight where the abilities were all near useless for town but would have had incredible pro-scum utility. i was still town, and i got heat because all i could do was trueclaim my role.

it could be that cerb is scum who stepped on a rake and had no ideas so he just claimed his role without changing things but i wouldn't be sure it's the only possibility yet

i still need to give people a proper reread when i have time
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1488 (isolation #201) » Tue May 02, 2023 3:07 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1389, Jingle wrote:
In post 1388, petapan wrote: powers for cerb in a vacuum are more useful for scum than town

however analyzing games that way is very likely to result in a lot of losses because mods will give scummy sounding roles to town so i'm unconvinced
by that particular reason
- i was stuck with a role in hollow knight where the abilities were all near useless for town but would have had incredible pro-scum utility. i was still town, and i got heat because all i could do was trueclaim my role.

it could be that cerb is scum who stepped on a rake and had no ideas so he just claimed his role without changing things but i wouldn't be sure it's the only possibility yet

i still need to give people a proper reread when i have time
I agree that cerb having a vanilla cop as town isn’t impossible. It could be designed to soft clear vts due to the rather large probability of double scum prs.

My suspicion is far more fueled by how he used or claimed to use it than that he claimed VC.
fair enough
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1512 (isolation #202) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1463, Fate wrote: RAT DONT PLAY TO MY EMOTIONS

ITS LIKE YOU KNOW HOW TO SCUM AGAINST ME

THE PARANOIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WHERES LLD AND PETAPAN GODDAMNT
LLD is out of commission for the next few days so you're stuck with me as i try to regain focus on this game
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1513 (isolation #203) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:45 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1468, Fate wrote: I'm also more convinced in an RR town scenario my role is actually completely useless just bc

IT WOULD BE WOULDNT BE

I HEAR YOU CHUCKLING CAKEZ

I CAN HEAR YOU
i think by the description reading it again it's not impossible for the role to just be a red herring
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1514 (isolation #204) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:46 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1479, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Yeahhh. Have not liked Fate's tone this entire game tbh but that's not exactly a lim-worthy thing.
dunno his posting the last few pages reads town to me still
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1515 (isolation #205) » Tue May 02, 2023 8:51 am

Post by petapan »

VOTE: RR

i'm going to sit here and ride vibes
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1516 (isolation #206) » Tue May 02, 2023 9:41 am

Post by petapan »

i don't know how to articulate it well, my gut is just screaming at me that cerb ain't it and is not posting like scum who town is dead set on eliminating. certainly i don't expect all scum to give up without a fight, i just believe what he's posting to be real and not manufactured as an attempt at self-preservation or w/e

in particular i think him going "fate is probably lying about his role but is town" is just not an angle i expect to see from scum

Spoiler:
In post 1499, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 1497, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1415, Radical Rat wrote:
Spoiler:
In post 1298, Fate wrote: I'm Luigi, Ghost Hunter

I can detect if paranormal activity happens around a target. None happened around Cerberus last night

Therefore RR is at the very least not Ghost.

WHICH IM GUESSING means the scumteam is King Boo and Bowser. Would be very surprised if not the case, so my role is either a red herring useless thing or confirms non ghosts.

So yeah

Do your dirty thing Jingle. I expect great things, it's not for everyone I pass up an opportunity to fake claim as town
In post 1300, Radical Rat wrote: When you say "nothing happened" does that mean you received an affirmative result that there was no activity?
In post 1301, Fate wrote: I was confirmed my action resolved and that I did not detect any paranormal activity
In post 1302, Radical Rat wrote: Then something's gone wrong somewhere, or you're lying
In post 1303, Radical Rat wrote: Me targeting Cerb means no one should have resolved any other actions on him
In post 1304, Fate wrote: Well I don't think I can quote mod communication so I'm paraphrasing

It didn't say explicitly my action resolved or went through

But it said that I didn't detect any paranormal activity

Which is different than the 'no result's I'd expect if I was RBd or something

Does your role stop bodyguards and town actions and everything also?
In post 1305, Fate wrote: Watcher usually resolves last so it can y'know watch things

So maybe you resolve right before me to stop everything above the chain
In post 1306, Radical Rat wrote: It says all actions targeting the player, so I assume that includes Town, yes.

I also believe that a proper negative result should be distinct from a no result.
In post 1307, Radical Rat wrote: But that's something you'll have to ask Cakez about
In post 1308, Fate wrote: K I'll pm him, but RR I don't know what shenanigans are around but don't 1v1 me or anything drastic while I'm vla ok
In post 1309, Fate wrote: Like I don't think as scum you'd out yourself in this way to 1v1 me, and since I got to go last as scum my fakeclaim would be solid LIKE CERBERUS HERE WHO CLAIMED AFTER ADORABLE
In post 1310, Radical Rat wrote: I'm not 1v1ing anything yet
In post 1311, Radical Rat wrote: If anything my instinct here is actually to look at Cerb...
In post 1312, Fate wrote: Mod confirmed my action went through

VOTE: Cerberus I'll leave this here

Here's the full interaction from Fate claiming the result to claiming to have confirmed with the mod.

The first post is interpreting the result as a soft inno on me, which means Fate did see where I claimed to have targeted you, and chose to claim results anyway.
The questioning around resolution order or if I only block scum actions is strange, but seems to come from a place of genuinely figuring out why they have results.
Me telling them to ask directly about whether they'd receive the same message if blocked was an opportunity for Fate to back down from the conflict, and they did the opposite.

Unless Fate has a history of just pulling this kind of thing out of their ass, I'm not seeing this as a possible lying Town situation. Either Fate is telling the truth, which is how it looks to me, or Fate's lying as scum.
This one
At no point in that does Fate actually ask the specific question that I requested he ask. It seems unlikely that he's a "paranormal cop", but it is unclear if he's a paranormal motion detector, or a paranormal watcher vs tracker. Like, I don't think any of those things are actually relevant except for asking what his results would be if he were roleblocked, but they ARE important things he should want to know.

I'm actually fairly certain that, barring scum RB'ing you RR, Fate is 100% lying about their role and/or action and claimed the results that would directly implicate me because of my RB claim.

I'm also pretty sure he does that as town more often than he does so as scum. *shrug*
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1528 (isolation #207) » Tue May 02, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1526, Fate wrote: Peta if you had bussed Cerb I would've played along and let you live till endgame

You're the one who is pulling the goddamn strings here

DON

CORLE

ONE
if cerb flips scum i don't care if i die next lol
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1559 (isolation #208) » Wed May 03, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1549, wgeurts wrote: Okay the thing is though, cerb has yet to point to an alternative which he would as Town. There is so much information in the game right now, to the point its day 2 and we have very strongly felt reads. As scum or town cerb is able to reproduce his ISO dives by applying the same line of thought and methodology. I honestly am not interested in their town reads right now, all I care about is who they think we should be eliminating and why they're the best option as opposed to the others. Their body of work these past few posts although coherent has not impressed me as off yet.
In post 1550, wgeurts wrote: He's also like, not trying to bounce off me or do the whole "solve the game on day 2 thing". He's either scum or not got his heart in this game big time.
noted i guess
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1560 (isolation #209) » Wed May 03, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1557, Jingle wrote:
In post 1552, Cerberus v666 wrote: Wgeurts, HPE, RR, Jingle - Can you guys speak on the everyone else questions??
I think that one of the participants in the Jingle/Peta interactions is probably the smartest and sexiest person you'll ever meet. Also, peta was involved.

Seriously, though, I've talked at length about Peta, and I'm not sure what you want me to say here. I think peta has had some sketch contributions, but also I think that at least one of the scum is not in the VT claims and peta has felt a lot better recently.
i don't even know how i've felt better when i feel like i've fallen off a cliff but i decided in the midst of all that back on day 1 that i was being a dumb jackass and you were town and i'm sticking to that
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1579 (isolation #210) » Thu May 04, 2023 5:31 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1562, Fate wrote:
In post 1559, petapan wrote:
In post 1549, wgeurts wrote: Okay the thing is though, cerb has yet to point to an alternative which he would as Town. There is so much information in the game right now, to the point its day 2 and we have very strongly felt reads. As scum or town cerb is able to reproduce his ISO dives by applying the same line of thought and methodology. I honestly am not interested in their town reads right now, all I care about is who they think we should be eliminating and why they're the best option as opposed to the others. Their body of work these past few posts although coherent has not impressed me as off yet.
In post 1550, wgeurts wrote: He's also like, not trying to bounce off me or do the whole "solve the game on day 2 thing". He's either scum or not got his heart in this game big time.
noted i guess
so you agree and you'll bus now??
nah i'll give it another 24 hours lol
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1590 (isolation #211) » Fri May 05, 2023 9:40 am

Post by petapan »

i assume the vote is fait accompli at this point i'm just waiting for the sign off
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1613 (isolation #212) » Sat May 06, 2023 2:43 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1611, HighPrincessErinys wrote: If Cerb flips scum this one will eat a chair.
he's been in surrender mode lol like he just gave up doing all that work he said he was gonna do
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1627 (isolation #213) » Tue May 09, 2023 11:49 am

Post by petapan »

sup
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1643 (isolation #214) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1628, HighPrincessErinys wrote: daystart jumpscare
In post 1626, Radical Rat wrote: HPE, please claim your results and also provide your review of chairs as a culinary dish
Unless shenanigans occurred, wgeurts is clear. And it REALLY needed more herbs.
Was expecting to be the track because I've been dumb as hell this game but that's an acceptable result

guess i gotta go back and do work now
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1646 (isolation #215) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:42 pm

Post by petapan »

i mean it ain't me because i'm not incompetent as scum and there's plenty of evidence in supply that i know when to cut bait, but, like, i get it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1651 (isolation #216) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1648, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Also it should be a semi-safe assumption that there's not a strongman in play, or atleast not one that could pierce the Tanuki suit, because otherwise this one would be dead as a door nail in all likelihood.
By description it's a commuter, "causing all actions targeting to fail" would quite likely supersede a strongman

I think it's...not totally implausible scum could have a strongman but there's no guarantee of it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1654 (isolation #217) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by petapan »

HPE is town because 1. Cerb tried to shade it in a really slimy way when it was getting traction as a Day 1 wagon (i even called it out at the time, if only past me had more follow through but i always feel bad pushing someone coming back after a hiatus), and also because it doesn't claim backup even night tracker in that spot with a partner locked into a fakeclaim, that's probably a losing claim long term

gonna give it a skim against my memory to be sure but feel okay with that read
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1656 (isolation #218) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by petapan »

VOTE: Powerup Wgeurts
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1658 (isolation #219) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:56 pm

Post by petapan »

yeah i'm not gonna quote it because i don't want to edit the great wall of china but cerb's handling of HPE is just not scum/scum
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1665 (isolation #220) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:06 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1659, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1658, petapan wrote: yeah i'm not gonna quote it because i don't want to edit the great wall of china but cerb's handling of HPE is just not scum/scum
And you think my handling of Cerb is?
i hadn't stated a conclusion on you yet actually

but...yeah, plausibly? i just did a quick check on a reread, tell me what you believe makes you unaligned with cerb?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1666 (isolation #221) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:07 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1661, Radical Rat wrote: I just figured after using my action's failure to catch scum, while HPE bent over backwards to protect him and shade me... Like, I was preparing to fight off a fake guilty when I saw the flip
you were preparing for a fake guilty in a 8v2 at 6 alive?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1674 (isolation #222) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:14 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1668, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1666, petapan wrote:
In post 1661, Radical Rat wrote: I just figured after using my action's failure to catch scum, while HPE bent over backwards to protect him and shade me... Like, I was preparing to fight off a fake guilty when I saw the flip
you were preparing for a fake guilty in a 8v2 at 6 alive?
I mean, after I flip just blame it on the strongman, right?
oh, hm
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1694 (isolation #223) » Tue May 09, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1691, Radical Rat wrote: Why do I hard bus Cerb instead of going after Fate? Why do I claim rolestopper at all instead of an impossible to verify (at the time) Doctor?
if you 1v1 Fate there you almost certainly lose

Anyway, eh.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1695 (isolation #224) » Tue May 09, 2023 5:53 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1692, Radical Rat wrote: Obviously I fucked up by not protecting Fate, but if I'm scum here I target the protective who's supposed to be guarding the investigative over the actual investigative, so I thought that's what would happen here too.

Clearly, I was wrong, but I have done so much more in this game than just make a bad night play
scum probably had 0 concern about your role if they shot fate anyway, yeah?

i have a plan but i need to check some things first. i'm willing to bet the game on hpe town, adorable is
very likely
town but i want to make sure she doesn't have a history of excessive bussing, if that is the case i think we're good
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1696 (isolation #225) » Tue May 09, 2023 5:58 pm

Post by petapan »

ah hell, i don't know
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1701 (isolation #226) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:29 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1700, Radical Rat wrote: I have received confirmation from Cakez that the Tanuki would NOT have allowed piercing my protection.

This makes me feel a lot better about HPE, and that puts us pretty close to auto-win.

VOTE: petapan

If peta's Town, flip Jingle tomorrow, and that should be the game.
i dunno in what world you think you have the clout to make declarative statements like that lmao
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1702 (isolation #227) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1673, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1665, petapan wrote:
In post 1659, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1658, petapan wrote: yeah i'm not gonna quote it because i don't want to edit the great wall of china but cerb's handling of HPE is just not scum/scum
And you think my handling of Cerb is?
i hadn't stated a conclusion on you yet actually

but...yeah, plausibly? i just did a quick check on a reread, tell me what you believe makes you unaligned with cerb?
It would have been completely unnecessary for scum!me to bus him yesterday. I could have very easily gone after Fate instead. He also spends the whole day sucking up to me instead of distancing from me.
i do not buy this for a second ftr (i missed it last night or woulda replied to it then)

cerb was a dead man walking who had already been brought to E-1 Day 1, and at a minimum we accept that several town players were pushing him. He was giving an effort (enough to fool a scrub like me), but his heart clearly wasn't in it

in that spot, we have a claimed town UB with a track that's going off that night which is effectively a cop check

any scum player that isn't completely green or dogmatically anti-bussing knows you throw your teammate under the bus there because otherwise you risk getting copped and losing the game. attempting to start a 1v1 with fate there has significant downside because i think more people would have sided with fate than you and cerb had very little hope of going the distance.

so, yeah, i think scum absolutely busses in that spot, this is easy to say fmpov but also it's just how games tend to work
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1703 (isolation #228) » Wed May 10, 2023 6:49 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1691, Radical Rat wrote: Why do I hard bus Cerb instead of going after Fate? Why do I claim rolestopper at all instead of an impossible to verify (at the time) Doctor?
if you had claimed doctor with a bodyguard already claimed in the setup, i would have started screaming to instakill you because those roles do not exist together in a 10p. as it is rolestopper has a little more anti-synergy and you could have easily not anticipated fate having a PR

i'm, like, eh, because i make these sort of "why would i do this as scum" arguments all the time as town but nothing about your play is illogical or anti-wincon as scum

it's not impossible you are town making these arguments they just don't do a lot for me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1704 (isolation #229) » Wed May 10, 2023 7:04 am

Post by petapan »

i checked over jingle last night and while his progression on cerb is very easily one i could see coming from a partner (start off townreading him for questionable reasons, gradually shift to a scumread as his posting fell off and pressure mounted, unvote after the claim, bury him hard day 2), i'm really loathe to let go of my prior read that when i was yelling at him like an idiot he was just town with sincere convictions. every time i get in a shitfight like that with someone they end up being town.

i think recent experience has shown to me town players can have questionable associations with scum and you shouldn't use those as the primary basis of a read and overall social reads matter more

there's the paranoia in the back of my head that he's going after RR because i'm, like, way easier to beat in a 1v1 at f4 given my less than stellar play this game but rationally i'm more inclined to trust him, to the point of being more uncertain of
adorable
last night (I don't think she's...all that likely but mostly because the claim is believable)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1705 (isolation #230) » Wed May 10, 2023 7:10 am

Post by petapan »

Spoiler:
In post 646, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 641, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Well, the Fabled Wgeurts Readwall will likely get the discussion train rolling again, but in the meantime you could always try probing others yourself. Don't think CSF or RR have really posted anything like read lists yet? Would like to see that personally.
Jingle, wgeurts
Adorable, Fate
HPE
---Town Line---
Porkens
Cerb, peta
CSF

I'd be theoretically okay eliminating anyone below the Town line, though I am hesitant on Porkens since CSF is the one mainly pushing right now, in addition to the growing probability of replacement.
In post 685, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 660, Jingle wrote:
In post 649, Radical Rat wrote: It's mostly because of the early wgeurts defense still. Since then you've looked plausibly town, but so far that's the only moment in this game I can point to as someone actively doing something scummy, whereas everyone else in my lim pool just hasn't been doing Townie things.

As for my team, honestly we haven't been discussing as thoroughly or frequently as we probably should be, but early on Klick said you were pinging him as well, and then Bella's recently said you look Town to her.
Did you catch my thoughts wrt CSF's push on cerb being probtown?
No, I didn't see that one, point me to it?
In post 719, Radical Rat wrote: VOTE: Cerberus v666

I believe that's E-1.
In post 819, Radical Rat wrote: It does really need to be Porkens here.

Cerb's claim is at least partly verifiable, wgeurts is off the table for me, and while I personally would be okay with CSF or peta, my team is very firmly not.

Porkens is the only scummy slot left, I'm not moving.

for reference, this is the only discussion RR had of Cerb Day 1, which i certainly wouldn't consider un-aligning in any world

i'm not gonna say it's inherently damning because you can get stuff like this happening incidentally but the lack of discussion around cerb is circumspect? it doesn't feel like there's attention being drawn there or attempts to solve him, just a very sudden E-1 vote
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (isolation #231) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:15 am

Post by petapan »

okay, so i asked a question about how today's powerup would interact with a town bodyguard, and if a BG is protected by it, and someone tries to kill the BG's target, the BG would be prevented from dying. that lets us doc 2 slots instead of just 1

feel free to confirm this yourself

even night tracker in a 10 player game is a bit of a mean trick, it seems like it'd be useful twice, except

if we go to 4p the mafia just have no incentive to kill even if we vote no elim, we're not getting useful results from a tracker ever again

yell at me for saying this if you want but there's 0 chance a team of 4 people wouldn't be able to figure that out

so the only thing that can be done night action wise is to gamble on a possible save giving us an extra ML
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1720 (isolation #232) » Wed May 10, 2023 8:56 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1719, Radical Rat wrote: So you were brainstorming with your team on how to escape autoloss, eh?
no?

what the fuck purpose does a post like this serve, why are you talking shit at me? what does this accomplish?

if you're absolutely convinced that action is somehow scum motivated, lay out a case as to why to sell it to other people, don't snipe

if you're actually trying to figure out my alignment then ask me questions

i do not care at all if i am voted out today and accepted that as a likely reality the moment i was not cleared by the tracker
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (isolation #233) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:13 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1706, Jingle wrote:
In post 1698, Radical Rat wrote: @Jingle
If you assume I am in fact a two-shot rolestopper, where do you think the setup breaks down elsewhere?
If I assume you're a two shot rolestopper I also have to consider that the setup is townsided, I think.

Adorable's claim is not one that comes from scum. She WILL die before the end of the game, and knowing that her partner was the defacto lim for D2 (It was obvious to everyone, or at least should have been, that I was going to get cerb blood as soon as he claimed that nonsense) she would not have claimed a role with a literal time bomb strapped to its chest.

Fate's role wasn't actually strong. He was a an investigative, nominally, but not one that got hard results prior to cerb's death, because Kamek is pretty clearly non paranormal. Even then, there's a potential for a false clear because of the ambiguity of the results themselves if there's a ghost on the scumteam that can visit without killing (Rolecop?).

Even night tracker is very weak. We could expect one, maybe two results before XLO. With just those two roles, a UB makes sense. If we add a ninja to the scumteam, those roles don't make any sense again.

The real issue here is the sheer amount of protective power we have. If the event as a whole didn't appear to be massively townsided (obviously I can't go into specifics while following the rules) then I wouldn't even entertain the idea that a VT was scum here, but depressingly I can see it being the case.

Everything in me is screaming lim RR today and we win, but here's the shimmy: I think we can make this auto. Wgeurts is conftown. Adorable is just about. I don't see a world where HPE is scum. That leaves, theoretically, me RR peta. If we lim peta today and RR protects HPE while wgeurts protects Adorable, who holsters. We can no lim into 3p with adorable protecting HPE tomorrow. That gets us to a worst case scenario of a 1v1 between two players in XLO, one of which will be HPE.

This falls apart with a strongman, but a strongman that isn't heavily gated just invalidates almost all of the setup and doesn't seem reasonable. Thoughts?
i had this thought as well ftr but i think scum radical rat probably just kills the protection target and goes "oh i guess mafia do have a strongman" etc so i wouldn't count on it at all
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1723 (isolation #234) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:15 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1721, Radical Rat wrote: I just found the way you framed your point amusing is all.

You are right, holstering would be the correct move for scum to make in that situation, but there's also no inherent risk for Town in that case since it'll just be the same day again, so like. Even if the chance they don't figure it out in time is small, why point it out?

It's not like it's mutually exclusive with using the protective roles
i have too much respect for every player in the game/their teammates to even begin to pretend that wasn't an idea scum would have thought of

like, what are you even saying here, i am scum who is dying today but also i will dump my plan to avoid autoloss to the whole thread? makes no sense
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1725 (isolation #235) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1724, Radical Rat wrote: I mean, you do still have to pretend to care. And seeing as you've already started taking the angle of "all these plans are stupid and won't work, so kill Rat instead of me..."

Yes, I think you're scum trying to derail Town coordination.
i haven't suggested that, you're putting words in my mouth
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1726 (isolation #236) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:24 am

Post by petapan »

just for the record radical rat, if you're town literally never join a game with me again
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (isolation #237) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:27 am

Post by petapan »

like i don't care if you think i'm scum, don't be a dick about it for no reason
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (isolation #238) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:50 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1729, Radical Rat wrote: If you were genuinely offended by that comment, I'm sorry. Actually this time.

It was meant as a lighthearted jab at the futility of the situation, not a personal attack on you.
yeah, because i am trying to simply reason things out here and don't appreciate being taunted while trying to play the game

i haven't really said it but i accept death here because i think i pretty much always get voted out in a f4 situation and i do not want to be the game losing vote

so seriously just give me space to try to scumhunt, it costs literally nothing. i've been bad this game because i've been playing sloppy and without motivation, probably shouldn't have been in TM in the first place but didn't want to back out on a commitment, but regardless i'm here and i'm playing to win so i need to give it my best effort

so instead of treating me like i'm unworthy of speaking to, talk to me like i'm confirmed town instead. if i'm being wrong and dumb then explain why.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1732 (isolation #239) » Wed May 10, 2023 9:50 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1730, Radical Rat wrote: Regardless of that though, it's true that you have not yet said to abandon planning and kill me instead, but it's the seeds you were planting.

HPE's Tracker is now useless, because even if you aren't scum, there's no longer a chance for them to make that mistake, so the plan of securing its shot is... well, shot.

You saying I'll just kill whoever I'm supposed to protect and blame a strongman is attempting to undermine the coordination of the protective roles, and presenting me as a threat that needs removed.

You hadn't literally said the words yet, but it's the angle you're clearly setting up.
no, it's not
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (isolation #240) » Wed May 10, 2023 10:02 am

Post by petapan »

it's not really that hard to follow logically

scum-you obviously can just kill and blame it on a strongman

if you're town though, scum obviously didn't care about your protection because they shot fate, yeah? i would not anticipate this being automatic by any stretch, ESPECIALLY because whoever is scum is agreeing to it, so i need to consider worst case scenario here

i am unequivocally not playing for survival here, i'm just trying to solve
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1738 (isolation #241) » Wed May 10, 2023 10:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1722, petapan wrote:
In post 1706, Jingle wrote:
In post 1698, Radical Rat wrote: @Jingle
If you assume I am in fact a two-shot rolestopper, where do you think the setup breaks down elsewhere?
If I assume you're a two shot rolestopper I also have to consider that the setup is townsided, I think.

Adorable's claim is not one that comes from scum. She WILL die before the end of the game, and knowing that her partner was the defacto lim for D2 (It was obvious to everyone, or at least should have been, that I was going to get cerb blood as soon as he claimed that nonsense) she would not have claimed a role with a literal time bomb strapped to its chest.

Fate's role wasn't actually strong. He was a an investigative, nominally, but not one that got hard results prior to cerb's death, because Kamek is pretty clearly non paranormal. Even then, there's a potential for a false clear because of the ambiguity of the results themselves if there's a ghost on the scumteam that can visit without killing (Rolecop?).

Even night tracker is very weak. We could expect one, maybe two results before XLO. With just those two roles, a UB makes sense. If we add a ninja to the scumteam, those roles don't make any sense again.

The real issue here is the sheer amount of protective power we have. If the event as a whole didn't appear to be massively townsided (obviously I can't go into specifics while following the rules) then I wouldn't even entertain the idea that a VT was scum here, but depressingly I can see it being the case.

Everything in me is screaming lim RR today and we win, but here's the shimmy: I think we can make this auto. Wgeurts is conftown. Adorable is just about. I don't see a world where HPE is scum. That leaves, theoretically, me RR peta. If we lim peta today and RR protects HPE while wgeurts protects Adorable, who holsters. We can no lim into 3p with adorable protecting HPE tomorrow. That gets us to a worst case scenario of a 1v1 between two players in XLO, one of which will be HPE.

This falls apart with a strongman, but a strongman that isn't heavily gated just invalidates almost all of the setup and doesn't seem reasonable. Thoughts?
i had this thought as well ftr but i think scum radical rat probably just kills the protection target and goes "oh i guess mafia do have a strongman" etc so i wouldn't count on it at all
reading this again, i am concerned here with a couple things

first of all there's the lack of consideration for a potential no kill. you could argue he's potentially keeping a bluff to force scum to show their hand because it gives them too much credit

but the plan also involves leaving wgeurts unprotected, who no disrespect to anyone else alive, is the most experienced and analytical player out of anyone, while also not really bothering to consider if adorable can protect someone with the bodyguard while docced. adorable asked this question, it was one of the first things that came to my mind when i saw the powerup, it is surprising he would not consider it

further, it feels like setting up a 1v1 where he knows i'm town but has an excuse to kill me and then the flip on RR is very, very easy. in this kind of gamestate scum are usually going to try to not be too aggressive ad keep their hands clean most of the time. i
hate
making this read but usually when someone is trying to repeatedly 360 tomahawk dunk on a player when town has a ML, like RR has been doing to me, they are town who is simply so blinkered they don't realize how they're coming off.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (isolation #242) » Wed May 10, 2023 10:45 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1734, Radical Rat wrote: Why didn't I do that today then?
idk, it'd be less credible if you had to argue a full strongman

you amending your claim unprompted is actually one of the stronger points in your favor just because i think town more often than not are the ones that make that type of play unless you're operating on some second-tier guilty conscience shit anticipating being guiltied

but being paranoid hpe is fakeclaiming backup tracker is very out there and not a thought that occurs naturally to most scum players because they don't have the mindset of doubt
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1740 (isolation #243) » Wed May 10, 2023 10:54 am

Post by petapan »

anyway i am entirely in favor of killing me today, wgeurts protects adorable, adorable protects HPE, RR protects wgeurts. (you can shuffle the latter two if you have a different comfort level just firm it up before ending the day)

i assume scum can take a workaround to this plan but it'd be foolish to not at least try it. town threw hollow knight because they got ants in their pants and couldn't bother to wait out a mechanical autowin. this isn't quite that but you get protection on the 3 most consensus town players. maybe scum have a way to get past the protection (or RR is an ol' lyin' scum), maybe they shoot into the POE and wild out on Day 4, but i'm not gonna rest on that assumption the game is a lock, so let me just review and get things in order in case something goes wrong.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (isolation #244) » Wed May 10, 2023 11:45 am

Post by petapan »

(and yeh i said i wanted to keep calling jingle town a very short while ago but i have to evaluate dynamically)
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (isolation #245) » Wed May 10, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by petapan »

i have been given a conflicting opinion in team chat that RR is scum but nothing to elaborate why

my attention is occupied a little bit elsewhere atm but i wanna full reread because there's some interesting stuff
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1755 (isolation #246) » Thu May 11, 2023 2:39 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1747, Jingle wrote: Are we agreed that "I failed my protection due to strongman" gets instantly elimmed?
yeah sure, i turned it over in my head and strongman with a full rb is kind of absurd b/c it'd be invalidating, like, every single power source in the setup

i don't want to rush the day tho
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1779 (isolation #247) » Fri May 12, 2023 6:06 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1778, Jingle wrote:
In post 1776, Radical Rat wrote: Does Koba disagree with you that it's auto-win?
Koba thinks there’s a chance that someone will vote adorable or HPE over peta in 3p.
HPE is literally never scum and i'd contemplate an evil setup where cakez gave mafia a ninja over that (which i think is basically impossible to be clear)

anyway, not feeling the best but gonna try to reread stuff today. i hate this part of games but i realize i gotta do it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1785 (isolation #248) » Fri May 12, 2023 3:12 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1784, Jingle wrote:
In post 1763, Jingle wrote:
Like... legitimately fine with being the lim today, but explicitly it's RR tomorrow and peta after that. No deviations no reevaluations. Just go for it. If the locktown agree I'll self vote right now to mitigate the paranoia.
In post 1740, petapan wrote: wgeurts protects adorable, adorable protects HPE, RR protects wgeurts. (you can shuffle the latter two if you have a different comfort level just firm it up before ending the day)
i feel like i'm more of a liability tbh
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1786 (isolation #249) » Fri May 12, 2023 3:13 pm

Post by petapan »

like unless i get agreement to be treated as an ic i feel uncomfortable being in that spot
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1829 (isolation #250) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:45 am

Post by petapan »

we really should not have been rushing this

sorry for being so useless but the game has lost the spark for me and that makes it harder to get motivated to reraed
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (isolation #251) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:55 am

Post by petapan »

i will say that while i'm willing to get very mean as scum, i am town this game

my (very brief) discussion with my team had me say something felt wrong, i hope that's not the case and it's just RR, the evidence points that way w/r/t the claim being suspect, but my brain gets very paranoid

regardless i'll be rereading, i've no intention of rushing
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (isolation #252) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:25 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1111, Radical Rat wrote: So, I find it incredibly unlikely that Porkens had a pure wagon.

Removing CSF and myself, leaves peta, Fate, HPE, and Adorable.

Fate I'm pretty damn sure is Town at this point. peta I WAS coming around on, but not sure anymore. HPE and Adorable have been gentle townleans up to this point.

So I'll be ISOing people later, but today's elimination should be in that pool for sure
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (isolation #253) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:26 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1182, Radical Rat wrote: Anyway, I need the power up, and here's why.

I'm Donkey Kong, and I'm a rolestopper. Basically a reverse roleblocker if you're not familiar. If I also can block things on myself, I cannot be interfered with and that guarantees that two of us (myself, and my target) are fully protected for at least one night.

VOTE: Power up: Radical Rat
at the same time, eh
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (isolation #254) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:34 am

Post by petapan »

i think a lot of the angst and frustration is probably because we have in fact locked into a false worldview

call this setting up for tomorrow if you want, i don't care. it's very possible this game is just lost but i want to find myself a solution anyway

RR deathtunneling me is problematic but i don't really see scum in the iso
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (isolation #255) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:40 am

Post by petapan »

i'm not sure at what point cerb realized his number was up but it's stuck in my craw that he did that longass iso of RR and came away with solidly town conclusion which just isn't the move i expect from scum that's under the microscope - smells like bait if anything. i need to see if earlier game behavior gels with that to be sure but reading cerb's iso is a pain in the ass which is why i kept procrastinating yesterday
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (isolation #256) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1844, Radical Rat wrote: I'm willing to talk through it. If I'm wrong I want to know too.

Why do you think scum holstered last night?
if you're not scum, it's because they want to keep the narrative that scum is between us and couldn't kill last night without shooting into the POE

(hypothetically in this scenario i might kill you as scum and argue it's a move i would never do but WIFOM etc etc)

so let's just imagine a magical scenario - you get voted out and flip town, and then i die day 5 and town loses the game. in that scenario, who would be the scum who got away? what did we miss?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1847 (isolation #257) » Wed May 17, 2023 6:47 am

Post by petapan »

it just hit me that scum shooting at fate could have been intended to prevent HPE from getting a useful result at all - hypothetically if RR is town they'd have been expecting the protection on fate and so a tracker result of no action isn't even meaningful if there was no kill
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1850 (isolation #258) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:00 am

Post by petapan »

fate's role is so weird lol
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1851 (isolation #259) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:01 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1848, Radical Rat wrote: In the case that neither of us is scum, shooting into the PoE is good, because a successful kill ends the game earlier, and everyone else is townreading each other enough to probably believe we made a WIFOM kill over any alternative scenarios.

And if scum has a way of mitigating protection, wgeurts should be dead.

Holstering means scum wants me to be the elimination, as that was the plan in place, and I likely lack the charisma to change that plan, but doesn't want to kill you for some reason.

In your magical scenario though... what we missed would be HPE, probably.
really? why lol
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1852 (isolation #260) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1848, Radical Rat wrote: In the case that neither of us is scum, shooting into the PoE is good, because a successful kill ends the game earlier, and everyone else is townreading each other enough to probably believe we made a WIFOM kill over any alternative scenarios.

Holstering means scum wants me to be the elimination, as that was the plan in place, and I likely lack the charisma to change that plan, but doesn't want to kill you for some reason.

well, what would be your reaction if i'd been NKed last night?

or let's look at it from anther angle: what would you have done as scum?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1855 (isolation #261) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:13 am

Post by petapan »

i'm meh on trying to solve by roles and i don't get why HPE makes that claim as scum, in my estimation it's -EV

i also think what jingle said about HPE's play not coming from an informed perspective is more or less correct, this is in addition to cerb treating HPE very opportunistically on day 1
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1857 (isolation #262) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:16 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1854, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1852, petapan wrote:

well, what would be your reaction if i'd been NKed last night?

or let's look at it from anther angle: what would you have done as scum?
If you were killed, my vote's locked on HPE today.

If I were scum in this situation, I kill wgeurts, and double down on my redirector theory, with my primary defense being "Why the fuck would I frame myself?" and park on you.
yeah i'd have expected the latter tbh, it makes sense as a hail mary because you just need to convince people to deviate once and win, holstering here seems -EV for you because even if you convince people to lim me today i dunno what you're doing tomorrow
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1859 (isolation #263) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1858, Radical Rat wrote: So let's turn the question on you then. If I'm Town, and it's not HPE, I presume your choice would be Adorable, yeah? Why?
i think it's possible, if you held a gun to my head and asked me to give an answer right now i'd say that but it's based purely on a hunch

i don't think the roleclaim is inherently clearing. cakez provides mafia with flavor safeclaims and writes PMs for them. having a bodyguard and a rolestopper in the same setup, to me, is a stretch. an in my brief glances none of the interactions between adorable and cerb fell outside the realm of what i'd consider as scumdistancing

like i said though, i need to reread first
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1862 (isolation #264) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:32 am

Post by petapan »

in general imo in small games scum win by having good positioning around each other - unless they're both strong players who can post well, their best bet for winning the game is to look unaligned. that doesn't mean flat-out throwing a teammate under the bus day 1, ideally they want to survive, but the goal of scum is to look good when their teammate flips. cerb wasn't really playing like he planned to endgame.

i have a p extensive track record as scum, i'm more willing to cut a bad partner loose than most, which is kind of why my play around cerb is just antithetical to how i've played as scum, because it looks surface-level bad and buys me nothing. if i'm scum with cerb and he's posting like he was day 1 i make it a point to call him scummy, and if he gets wagoned we have a claim to help him get out of it

that's not a self defense post (though i'd appreciate it if folks itg reflected on it!), it's more a statement on
what i am looking for
in finding cerb's partner

people don't always fit this mental model sometimes someone plays differently because their approach to the game is different but in general it's a reliable framework, you need to assess whose play makes sense from an informed mindset
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1864 (isolation #265) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:34 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1861, Radical Rat wrote: When I say has a way of mitigating protection, I mean present tense.

At this point I think it is plausible that scum had a one shot strongman or other such role that they wasted thinking Fate would be protected, but if they still had a way to do that, there's no reason for them not to kill here is my point.
also not implausible but at the same time a strongman feels ~weird~ with the powerups given it could seemingly potentially nullify them which would be...i don't want to say bad design but it'd be a little bit of a slap in the face to have this public vote that scum can completely work around

although i guess the roleblocker could do that as well but then the question is how much power do scum need
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1868 (isolation #266) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:46 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1865, Adorable wrote:
In post 1859, petapan wrote:
In post 1858, Radical Rat wrote: So let's turn the question on you then. If I'm Town, and it's not HPE, I presume your choice would be Adorable, yeah? Why?
i think it's possible, if you held a gun to my head and asked me to give an answer right now i'd say that but it's based purely on a hunch

i don't think the roleclaim is inherently clearing. cakez provides mafia with flavor safeclaims and writes PMs for them. having a bodyguard and a rolestopper in the same setup, to me, is a stretch. an in my brief glances none of the interactions between adorable and cerb fell outside the realm of what i'd consider as scumdistancing

In a world where I am scum, my approach on Cerb that's not how I treat a scum buddy.
okay, humor me. why not?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1871 (isolation #267) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1641, Radical Rat wrote: Well, I was hoping not to have to claim this, but... it'll probably just detail the whole day if I don't, so.

I targeted no one last night. I only have two shots, and thought it would be prudent to save one for later, since I expected to be the kill target.

I figured Adorable would be protecting me, in which case she dies even if I protect her, and scum should have been expecting me to protect Fate so wouldn't "waste" a kill there. And then I'd be able to ACTUALLY protect Fate tonight
mrrgle
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1872 (isolation #268) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:13 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1870, Adorable wrote:
In post 1868, petapan wrote:

In a world where I am scum, my approach on Cerb that's not how I treat a scum buddy.
okay, humor me. why not?
I prefer to be a team player when I'm scum and try to avoid bussing and distancing. Reason why I try avoid bussing and distancing as scum is because I worry when I do vote a buddy, town will catch onto this and will sheep me. Losing a scum buddy makes it hard in later game to eliminate town and starts to get nervewrecking.

You can see my progression on day 1 I voted Fate for being scummy and since he got voted I sheeped, after seeing Fate post more I came to the conclusion Fate plays for entertainment and these kind of players play scummy no matter what alignment they are and I shelved him as null. Afterwards I decided to vote Cerb because I also had him as a scum read.

For me to be scum I would have left my vote on Fate or changed my vote to Porkens instead of voting Cerb. I went to all this effort on looking through some of your completed scum games last day to see how you treat your scum buddies and your treatment on Cerb did not look like how you play as scum from your completed scum games I skimmed through. For you to think I am scum then you would have to think I am hard town siding which I can't even pull off.
okay

thank you for the answer
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1875 (isolation #269) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:19 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1697, Radical Rat wrote: Thoughts Time:

My first guess for scum here is peta. He was on Porkens, but off Cerb, I've been scumreading him off and on throughout the game, and judging by end of day, Fate would have agreed.

Jingle is a source of mild paranoia for me. In general, I'd trust him more than myself on mechanical matters, but when he's saying my role shouldn't exist, and I have my role... at the very least, he's wrong. I also think that if there was scum bussing peta, Jingle is the most likely to be that scum.

Adorable is probably just Town. We know she's Loved, and she was the swing vote for Cerb, probably could have turned it onto me instead if she'd wanted to.

HPE scares me a lot, because while I'm leaning Town presently, if it is scum we're kinda fucked. Was also on Porkens but off Cerb, was frankly bizarrely trusting of his claim, the kill makes the most sense in this world, and I'm not 100% convinced Daisy makes sense as a UB... but also willingly generating conftown is something scum usually avoids, and there were a couple angles that could have been taken to mislim me instead... but also doing things this way is safer and no one's going to want to lim it in MeLo... but I don't know if I'm willing to give up a potential cop shot going into ELo.

Wgeurts is IC now, because even if HPE is lying, they can't both be scum, but I was strongly townreading them anyway.

Conclusions: I don't fuckin' have any
this is the first post in rr's iso i'd say i find outright scummy. my brain hates the over the top burial of cerb day 2 but that's a bit of a silly thought

not analysis just saying i think it's a slick game overall if scum
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1876 (isolation #270) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:20 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1873, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1869, Radical Rat wrote: Well, best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

HPE, obviously track peta tonight, Adorable protect wgeurts.
Wouldn't it be better to protect me and ensure the track goes through? This one knows you kinda suspect me but that seems like the better option, mechanics wise.
yeah lol adorable should absolutely be protecting you if the game doesn't end
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1880 (isolation #271) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:33 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1877, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1873, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1869, Radical Rat wrote: Well, best of luck to everyone tomorrow.

HPE, obviously track peta tonight, Adorable protect wgeurts.
Wouldn't it be better to protect me and ensure the track goes through? This one knows you kinda suspect me but that seems like the better option, mechanics wise.
It's better to make sure we have conftown alive in ELo. If scum shoots you to prevent the track, that removes unnecessary paranoia, and if they keep you alive to maintain that paranoia, you get the result anyway. And even if they holster, you should still see Adorable visit wgeurts, which reinforces her claim.
HPE would have to out a result anyway which would result in a conftown
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1885 (isolation #272) » Wed May 17, 2023 8:44 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1870, Adorable wrote:
In post 1868, petapan wrote:

okay, humor me. why not?
I prefer to be a team player when I'm scum and try to avoid bussing and distancing. Reason why I try avoid bussing and distancing as scum is because I worry when I do vote a buddy, town will catch onto this and will sheep me. Losing a scum buddy makes it hard in later game to eliminate town and starts to get nervewrecking.

You can see my progression on day 1 I voted Fate for being scummy and since he got voted I sheeped, after seeing Fate post more I came to the conclusion Fate plays for entertainment and these kind of players play scummy no matter what alignment they are and I shelved him as null. Afterwards I decided to vote Cerb because I also had him as a scum read.

For me to be scum I would have left my vote on Fate or changed my vote to Porkens instead of voting Cerb. I went to all this effort on looking through some of your completed scum games last day to see how you treat your scum buddies and your treatment on Cerb did not look like how you play as scum from your completed scum games I skimmed through. For you to think I am scum then you would have to think I am hard town siding which I can't even pull off.
I realize this was a very long time ago and your approach to playing the game can easily have changed, but you are on the record as saying differently. So I have to ask: when did your stance on distancing change?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1891 (isolation #273) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:12 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1890, Adorable wrote: This is an old game that is 4 years ago. I used to vote a scum buddy first and reason why is because I felt comfortable voting a buddy and I would get worried whichever town I vote they would omgus me and another player would sheep the town who omgus me. Over the years playing as scum I have been working on voting town instead of voting a buddy. Lately my recent scum games have all been multiball and I have been hunting the other team in the thread. It's been like 2 years since I have last played as scum that is not a multiball game and when I do play as scum that is not a multiball game I struggle on getting some players to town read me.
Could you link me a couple of your more recent games?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1892 (isolation #274) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:30 am

Post by petapan »

man if i'm not completely cooked as a mafia player RR just looks like bait from cerb's ISO
In post 1545, Cerberus v666 wrote: Also why the fuck is RR the closest thing to a counterwagon to me? HPE, peta, if this is based on the idea of there being one scum in the three of us, do you really think RR is the more likely scum there than fate is? Like, I get my own reasoning, and I know I said that fates specific behavior with regards to this claim is more likely to come from town!fate than scum!fate, but like - I certainly don't expect that line of reasoning to resonate with, like, anyone else lol.
unless someone is dogmatically anti-bussing this isn't what scum who's being run up says about his partner, not least while RR is repeatedly burying him - the whole argument they have feels like cerb is trying to persuade RR. sure, it could be scum theater but why do they only bother doing that whole charade on day 2, and is cerb being so non-confrontational toward RR? it bought them no points with anyone basically
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1895 (isolation #275) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1893, Adorable wrote:
In post 1891, petapan wrote:
In post 1890, Adorable wrote: This is an old game that is 4 years ago. I used to vote a scum buddy first and reason why is because I felt comfortable voting a buddy and I would get worried whichever town I vote they would omgus me and another player would sheep the town who omgus me. Over the years playing as scum I have been working on voting town instead of voting a buddy. Lately my recent scum games have all been multiball and I have been hunting the other team in the thread. It's been like 2 years since I have last played as scum that is not a multiball game and when I do play as scum that is not a multiball game I struggle on getting some players to town read me.
Could you link me a couple of your more recent games?
My recent games I play as another username and playing on this site I prefer to keep my other username identity hidden.
well i hope you understand it's kind of hard for me to take you at your word then, yeah?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1896 (isolation #276) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:37 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1894, Adorable wrote: If you want I can link you a game of mine from 2 years ago that is not multiball and I have a username I don't mind on revealing.
go for it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1898 (isolation #277) » Wed May 17, 2023 9:48 am

Post by petapan »

don't worry i can read fast, thank you for the link
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1899 (isolation #278) » Wed May 17, 2023 10:03 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1113, Adorable wrote: I don't have confident town reads and players I think are town are Jingle and Cerb. Rest of the players are in my poe.
Adorable, can you talk to me about why you thought Cerb was town at the start of Day 2 after you suspected him on Day 1?
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (isolation #279) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1904, Radical Rat wrote: I'll reiterate that I believe wgeurts is the correct protection target, as the only zero information flip scum has available. Whether you choose to actually do that or not is up to you.

In the meantime, I'll be preparing to face my ghosts in hell tonight
adorable should be protecting hpe and hpe should be tracking me, end of story

that is beyond obvious
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (isolation #280) » Wed May 17, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1901, wgeurts wrote: Yeah we flip RR today
so did you just give up on rereading the game or are those your conclusions
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (isolation #281) » Wed May 17, 2023 4:57 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1911, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 1905, petapan wrote:
In post 1904, Radical Rat wrote: I'll reiterate that I believe wgeurts is the correct protection target, as the only zero information flip scum has available. Whether you choose to actually do that or not is up to you.

In the meantime, I'll be preparing to face my ghosts in hell tonight
adorable should be protecting hpe and hpe should be tracking me, end of story

that is beyond obvious
Why? You've said yourself you expect the tracker to do nothing because scum holsters. Did you change your mind about respecting the scumteam's intelligence? What benefit is there to keeping HPE alive over wgeurts otherwise?
in the event scum DOES submit a NK then HPE will have a result of no action on me, this is obviously good

if they don't submit a NK then we're at MELO and the actions won't matter

from my pov if adorable is protecting wgeurts and you're not scum it opens up the possibility of whoever is scum shooting hpe and taking me to a 1v1, and i actually do not want that

you're kind of talking in circles here, it's not hard - in the event that scum submits a kill, i want a 100% guarantee hpe has to claim a result on me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (isolation #282) » Wed May 17, 2023 5:03 pm

Post by petapan »

i'm signing off for the night but i just want to say

Radical Rat, I was way too harsh in my rhetoric toward you the previous game day. I shouldn't have gone there and I apologize, it was inappropriate.

if you're town, i got there on you being town, and i wish you could have done the same on me because it probably would have averted a loss. if you're scum gg you got me orson welles clap dot gif i should probably retire again lmao
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1941 (isolation #283) » Thu May 18, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1924, wgeurts wrote: Actually, I think there's a way to force the scum to kill someone too.

Adorable, I'm so confident you're town that I want you to randomly target either me or HPE. I need HPE to track adorable and claim who they targeted last night. If HPE doesn't call it correctly, we know they're fakeclaiming. Otherwise, Adorable dies tonight. Leaving three and just a minor possibility of a factor less.
dunn is screaming at me that this is a bad plan
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1942 (isolation #284) » Thu May 18, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by petapan »

this will sound absolutely absurd but he is suggesting the possibility that based on fate's role, the last mafia is boo, a ghost, and would therefore be unable to be caught by the tracker

that might come across as baselessly paranoid but the alternative is that fate's role exists in the setup for no reason

however if that was the case i think mafia would have kept him alive because him giving bad/decoy results can only be beneficial

that's my 2 cents
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1943 (isolation #285) » Thu May 18, 2023 12:23 pm

Post by petapan »

i am very very confident in HPE's alignment being town and trust jingle's read there because my reasoning is near identical and do not believe in a need to trust it with any mechanical play, as long as i'm alive i'm not voting it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1950 (isolation #286) » Mon May 22, 2023 8:20 am

Post by petapan »

I'm going to ask if you're town here to take a minute to hear me out rather than instaly voting me. I know there was a plan set in motion and it was agreed upon by dead townies that we'd follow through with it. But it was obvious to me even yesterday that something was wrong and someone was being miscleared. People refusing to think and playing on autopilot is how games are lost.

I will remind you that
i was perfectly okay with dying on Day 3
. I recignized that my play to that point had made me a liability and it would be difficult to get people to trust me.
I am not okay with being the game-losing mis-elim
. If you wanted to kill me, you should have done it then. That was the moment you could turn your brain off because we had the kill to spare. Instead, you need to actually evaluate my alignmnt here. And I don't think it's impossible to find me as town here - the reasons people have given for me being town on previous days are all more or less true still. You just need to open your mind to realize someone is being incorrectly written off.

So this is what I am proposing:

First of all, give me time to talk.
It doesn't cost you anything - we have plenty of time this day phase. I would appreciate the courtesy. If, at the end of my time, I am unable to be convincing, then I am willing to accept that faailure. All I ask is to be given a chance.

I'm going to start off with towncasing myself. I normally never do anything like this, because I think it's mostly a waste. I didn't bother doing it when I was on the block Day 3. But the fact I am town is the one thing I'm absolutely sure of, and so I want to start off establishing why that is. I really think that anyone even remotely familiar with my play could see I don't play this game the way I have as scum.

After that, I am going to try to solve the game and point toward the last scum. I don't know who that is yet. I explicitly discouraged my team from trying to help with reads overnight, because I flat out was not sure I would be given a chance here. But if you're willing to give me the floor, I want to try to get an answer, even if it's solely for my own gratification. I was able to figure out Radical Rat. I believe I can figure out who the last scum is.

You don't have to worry about me pulling some kind of trick here.
Let me be the first one to vote
. If absolutely nothing else, I want to say I got it right, for personal pride where everyone else failed.

Again, just hear me out here. It literally costs you nothing.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (isolation #287) » Mon May 22, 2023 8:23 am

Post by petapan »

i'm going to talk things over with my team but they have some ideas. waiting for people to check in.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (isolation #288) » Mon May 22, 2023 11:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1954, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1950, petapan wrote: But it was obvious to me even yesterday that something was wrong and someone was being miscleared.
This one is interested by this comment because it feels like the obvious takeaway is "HPE sus" but it also can easily posture towards wgeurts...? Like some kind of Ninja theory? Dunno, waiting for wgeurts and peta before this one really tries to get into the thick of things.
i'm assuming you did in fact track adorable, then
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (isolation #289) » Mon May 22, 2023 12:21 pm

Post by petapan »

my team has been of the opinion that it's wgeurts, them changing the plan yesterday in twilight ensured that i wasn't tracked to absolutely no benefit to the town. in theory this would set up a me vs. you situation which is obviously beneficial to them. they wanted that plan supposedly to confirm both you and adorable but if they were actually confident in their reads if you two it wouldn't matter. i should have been the logical target in any world and changing it there was a huge red flag to my team

additionally to emphasize this, wgeurts was trying to direct and control yesterday. they were playing for a win, trying to set things up into a scenario that was ideal for them. meanwhile, i've had literally no agency in this game. i've been on the chopping block for days, i've had no value to my input beyond suggesting adorable be protected by the doctor. LLD is saying there were machinations behind the scenes to set me up as the final mischop. you have to understand that scum are
setting up for a win
, and my play for...basically the entire game has been not doing that, especially seeing as i've had almost no agency this game

meanwhile, if i'm scum, what is my path to victory supposed to even be? set up a plan that makes my life harder and double back and second guess, offer to die in the hope no one calls my bluff? that's not a way to win or how anyone expected to win. of course i was suspecting adorable yesterday, but that is because i am town, i am coming from a place of being uninformed, and in that spot i get paranoid. it does me no goddamn good to start paranoia'ing someone if i'm just going to nightkill them anyway. i could have slammed home the hammer on radical rat within minutes on Day 4 and I didn't, when extending the day there as scum only increases the likelihood things go bad for me.

anyway let me try to self-towncase here
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1957 (isolation #290) » Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by petapan »

i will again be upfront with saying i've played absolutely terribly this game and i have to own that - i've been aggressively wrong at basically all turns.

the thing is, though, i am generally speaking competent as scum, and my play this game is completely and totally against any kind of scum win condition. can point to my established history of any scumgame i've played in the last 3 years to demonstrate this.

in general, on day 1 i pushed,suspected a ton of people, and was abrasive as hell. in general, as scum, you want people to actually
be on your side
and playing like i did achieves the opposite of that. as town i push a lot of people because i believe in applying pressure to get better reads, but also just because i'm very paranoid.

For a very recent example of my scumgame that had a game play out similarly to this, reference my ISO in Newbie 2104, as well as the accompanying scum PT. In that game, my partner came under suspicion early, and had an absolutely terrible reaction to it. While at first I tried to downplay the push against him, because losing a partner Day 1 is bad, and also because I wanted to help him out rather than immediately bussing him, it soon became clear he was a complete fucking idiot (he ate a permaban for transphobia so i'll talk shit). To that end, I eventually moved my vote onto him, and pushed weakly. I wanted to be on the wagon early in case he died that day, which ended up being what happened. To that end, I used the towncred from bussing him to avoid being targeted by the game's PR, and was able to carry to endgame, getting 3 mis-elims. The only time a player had serious suspicion on me I worked to discredit him and debate every point he made.

So, what is the takeaway from this? In general, in a game with 2 scum, if one gets in trouble early, the other needs to
position themselves well
in order to win the game. They need to at least be seen as having a handin scum's death, because people are less likely to suspect someone who does that. In general, I tend to err on the side of caution and will cut a teammate loose if they are likely to get in trouble.

Meanwhile,
if you look at my play this game, it is the opposite of that
. It makes no logical sense from the perspective of a scum win condition.

while i briefly suspected cerb early (), i turned around to defending him after the claim on Day 1. the thing about this is that scum that gets run up and claims PR on Day 1 is, more often than not, a dead man walking. They might make it a day or two, but in general they are going to run into some obstacles: people will question why they're alive, and they will find that player's role doesn't fit when the town mass claims. Similary, at the start of Day 2 i come around to thinking Cerb might be scum (), only to turn around and start defending him and wagoning Radical Rat, when it is clear the majority of the game is against him.

this is basically completely illogical and anti-win condition as scum - in both instances, if i was scum with Cerb, i would have the setup to bus/distance, only to pass it up and defend a partner who was never going to endgame. in particular on day 2 my play would be completely nonsensical - with the elimination on cerb being
fait accompli
, trying to push a wagon on town radical rat there would be outright throwing - radical rat was never dying that day and i looked like a fool for trying. even if they did, the whole thing likely comes back on my head the next day, and cerb clearly was not trying to save himself. That's another thing - cerb clearly gave up and stopped trying sometime after i defended him, where if i'm in a PT with him i would know he was probably going to give up and not stick my neck out like a fucking idiot. i would have entered the day primed to throw him under the bus, it makes no sense for me as scum to set that up and back out of it at the last second. it's the opposite of a good plan.

meanwhile, cerb didn't really speak to me like a partner:

Spoiler:
In post 304, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 299, petapan wrote: cerb mostly comes across as null in everything he's posted so far. but maybe scummy given the lack of solid stances in all that posts. (i have an instinctive bias against quote stripes that has little basis in reality though)
Perfect. Play is coming across exactly as intended to those who don't know me! ^^ If you could just hold me right there in the "just scummy appearing enough that scum will never NK me" zone I would appreciate it.
he starts off with trying to respond playfully to me to dismiss my suspicion of him. that in and of itself isn't telling but look where he goes after that:
In post 852, Cerberus v666 wrote: Hey Peta,I just skimmed your ISO because I couldn't recall anything you've done this game.

Where are you at with regards to Jingle? You stated earlier that Jingle/Porkens are your scum reads, which naturally implies that as a team, but later on you say that Porkens lack of presence, if scum, makes the game a bit harder because their teammate has abandoned them - thus implying that your other read isn't relevant/that you no longer scumread Jingles. What is the case there?
he goes from being cutesy to trying to pressure me
In post 925, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 890, Jingle wrote: VOTE: peta, btw
Oh, I'd also hammer this btw.

Especially because they're ignoring my question. But maybe they just didn't see it.
and suddenly that's enough to want to hammer me?
In post 929, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle position currently, to keep it simple. You had porkens and Jingle at the bottom of your reads list, but later on you said that porkens lack of associatives was going to make this harder, which implies that your read has changed on Jingle or that you don't think a jingle/porkens scum team is a thing.

Fate: I count 3 for Peta, 4 if you include survivalist vote from porkens, 5 for the same from adorable, and a number of undecideds who would probably be equally willing to go to there as porkens.
In post 931, Cerberus v666 wrote:
In post 929, Cerberus v666 wrote: Jingle position currently, to keep it simple. You had porkens and Jingle at the bottom of your reads list, but later on you said that porkens lack of associatives was going to make this harder, which implies that your read has changed on Jingle or that you don't think a jingle/porkens scum team is a thing.

Fate: I count 3 for Peta, 4 if you include survivalist vote from porkens, 5 for the same from adorable, and a number of undecideds who would probably be equally willing to go to there as porkens.
Unsure if momentum if there though I suppose, but just noting that the game is far more willing to go for peta than you're trying to say Fate.
In post 938, Cerberus v666 wrote:

Holy shit peta fucking read. Lol. What is your position on Jingle/explain that progression above. Thank you.

if you look at the end of Day 1, Cerb was actively trying to push against me because I missed a question of his, and trying to argue there was more support for eliminating me than people thought. he comes off as weirdly aggressive toward me. meanwhile, i'm totally deferential in my responses to him, i don't really fight back. If distancing is supposed to be a dance, I'm playing like I have two left feet - I'm clearly not on the same page as Cerb at all. I can't really say how viable it was that I would actually die Day 1, but in a hypothetical world where I'm scum with Cerb, him pushing me over Day 1 would mean we automatically lose. And again, in response to all of this, I don't push back on him at all. It doesn't make any sense as a scum gameplan.

Again, I will admit my reads this game have been atrocious, easily the worst out of anyone, by no stretch can i claim to have played well, but this is all a product of me being informed - I don't know anyone's alignment, and so I've been incredibly fucking wrong for the majority of the game. If you actually stop to consider "does this person's play make sense as furthering a scum win condition", I don't fit that mold, at all.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1958 (isolation #291) » Mon May 22, 2023 1:30 pm

Post by petapan »

that came out longer than i thought it would
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1959 (isolation #292) » Mon May 22, 2023 1:58 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1957, petapan wrote: Again, I will admit my reads this game have been atrocious, easily the worst out of anyone, by no stretch can i claim to have played well, but this is all a product of me being
*uninformed
- I don't know anyone's alignment, and so I've been incredibly fucking wrong for the majority of the game. If you actually stop to consider "does this person's play make sense as furthering a scum win condition", I don't fit that mold, at all.
silly typo but the intent was clear
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (isolation #293) » Mon May 22, 2023 3:08 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1961, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Also: You make a fairly compelling case but this one also literally tracked wgeurts. Ninja isn't impossible considering the signs pointing towards King Boo, but it just seems unlikely to have lined up on the night this one ended up tracking them pretty much at random, unless it's like constant ninja which would be absolutely miserable.
i think it's entirely plausible and you need to contemplate why roles exist in the setup

fate's role likely existed for a reason - i had thought it was possibly a red herring but my team told me that would have been bad design

we have
confirmed
info that fate got no result on the flipped scum. as a fact.

if we accept that fate's role existed in the setup for a reason, then it must be to get a result on the remaining scum.

if that is the case, it is highly unlikely that the setup would feature two roles that can get a guilty on that player - then scum would hardly stand a chance

look at the flips so far

even night tracker
ghost hunter
bodyguard
2-shot rolestopper

adding in your UB claim that is a lot of town power. scum solely having a roleblocker as a counter to that isn't enough.

but ultimately, it just makes
sense
- if town has a ghost hunter, the scum team must have a ghost. and flavorwise, it makes sense for the ghost to be track-immune - boo can turn invisible.

fate was killed
for a reason
- this was over the town bodyguard and the town rolestopper. ask yourself why that happened. it's because scum were most concerned with fate's role.

by the mechanics of the role, tracker results are intended to be ambiguous - a clear is not always a full clear, and that includes the possibility of a ninja. that's why the role gets used rather than having a full cop. you can't rely solely on the mechanics because they are
intended to be unreliable
. even if you have a result, you have to actually make social reads before deciding whether to trust it. and again if you bother to actually make socal reads, my play just does not make sense as being from scum
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (isolation #294) » Mon May 22, 2023 3:44 pm

Post by petapan »

like i'm just saying don't blame the mod because you chose to trust in an unreliable mechanic
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1968 (isolation #295) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:22 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1965, wgeurts wrote: Yeah Petas only option is to go for me as there's no world I can be convinced to vote HPE, I'll read up, but Peta isn't town.
ok
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1969 (isolation #296) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:27 am

Post by petapan »

grim hilarity knowing there was in fact a scum in that d1 conflict that i ended up brushing off
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (isolation #297) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:18 am

Post by petapan »

In post 1822, wgeurts wrote: VOTE: Jingle

I dislike this because I have 20 pages left to go but there's no real point if we're just going to do this, undeniably scum is one of you three however and I think it's optimal as such.
In post 1907, wgeurts wrote:
In post 1906, petapan wrote:
In post 1901, wgeurts wrote: Yeah we flip RR today
so did you just give up on rereading the game or are those your conclusions
Last day I did but I'm giving it more time now, I'm not gonna lie I did not realise my vote was the hammer and won't be doing so until I have time to post not from mobile.
In post 1917, wgeurts wrote: Okay I really don't have a reason to drag this out.

VOTE: Radical Rat

No I haven't read all the pages, and I could have taken the time to give in-depth thoughts on the slots, but regardless of the result I'm always voting RR today. I'd rather get the result of this, base further analysis off the flip, and then talk to clean up the game from there.
i still honestly didn't mind wgeurts's day 1. the over the top attempted burial of hpe was something not many scum go for. i question if i was just getting pocketed because they were defending me though

i think while the falloff in later days isn't necessarily alignment related the constant promises to deliver and then just hammering days and sending them to close early bugs the hell out of me. it comes across as rushing to get through the days while barely putting in any sort of effort and i can see clear scum motivation in that scum being townread/mostly assumed clear is going to want to rush the game forward. this is the type of stuff my teammates have been screaming at me about
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (isolation #298) » Wed May 24, 2023 5:51 am

Post by petapan »

In post 614, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 611, Fate wrote: Not caught up myself either but wagoning an afk person doesn't seem this most productive course of action
Even porkens is better at this point
Yeah these Cerbs votes are fine imo but the timing is just a little... opportunistic, kinda?? But Cerb is either way a slot this one has had doubts about for a while because what he's offered in his posts when he's around feels kinda lacking.
this, on the other hand, is a fuckin post
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (isolation #299) » Wed May 24, 2023 6:03 am

Post by petapan »

hpe, talk to me about how and why you went from being suspicious of cerb to thinking he was town on day 2
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1976 (isolation #300) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:31 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1974, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1973, petapan wrote: hpe, talk to me about how and why you went from being suspicious of cerb to thinking he was town on day 2
Had to do some ISO skimming to refresh my memory.

But yeah to be honest, Cerb did just kinda... keep doing what this one was suspicious about him for? But it primarily just... believed the claim for the most part. Like, it made sense for Mario to be in a Mario game, after all. Beyond that and into tangible play, it also felt (at the time) like he was ramping his effort up a bit more i.e. with the ISOs, and this one was pretty sure RR was trying to get a Cerb/Fate miselim of some kind going which made Cerb look a bit more towny to it in that case. It was admittedly a kind of short-sighted belief in him but this one has kinda been running on fumes for a while honestly and he seemed like disinterested town at the time, as he claimed to be.
okay, thanks for that

i am somewhat apprehensive still, however

my team is unanimous on wgeurts being scum. i wanted to do due diligence and read things over however wgeurts entering the day and declaring it's always me gives me nothing to work with, if they are town, so i kind of have to hope for the best with you. my team also is telling me they think that's a scummy way to start the day in response to what amountd to a mild suspicion from me.
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1977 (isolation #301) » Wed May 24, 2023 4:39 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1966, wgeurts wrote: Although I must ask why you didn't track adorable
i was out walking and i thought about this post and it hit me

who the hell does wgeurts think you tracked?

you already had a no action taken result on wgeurts from night 2, so i can't imagine they think you tracked them again, because they would be going ballistic if you did (and so would i tbf)

but...if you'd tracked me, from a town perspective, wouldn't you expect...a different reaction? clearly you don't have a guilty or i'd be getting voted. but you getting a result of no action on me would be
surprising
, from a townie POV, because it would mean either you're self-incriminating or something has gone wrong with the mechanics leading to an impossible result. the default thing for a townie would be to assume if that i was tracked i'd be guilty and anything else would be a surprise

but wgeurts seems to be taking it as...natural???

this post really doesn't make sense to me
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1982 (isolation #302) » Thu May 25, 2023 4:29 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1978, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 1976, petapan wrote: i wanted to do due diligence and read things over however wgeurts entering the day and declaring it's always me gives me nothing to work with, if they are town, so i kind of have to hope for the best with you.
Yeah... this one wants to give wgeurts a chance to elaborate still but you're also painting a pretty clear picture of who it might be and this one is half-tempted to kick things into gear especially when wgeurts hasn't given us anything as of yet.
as a general matter of form i prefer everyone gets to say their piece, regardless of if anyone else has a strong opinion

bt uh yeah

nothing new so nothing else for me to say right now
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1984 (isolation #303) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by petapan »

well
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1985 (isolation #304) » Sat May 27, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by petapan »

i'll talk with my team tomorrow
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1989 (isolation #305) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by petapan »

sometimes it glitches and doubleposts by accident because it registers post message being submitted twice, it's w/e
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1990 (isolation #306) » Sun May 28, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by petapan »

anyway that being said, i asked my team, they said basically my hand is forced but they believe wgeurts is more likely mafia, so that's my intention to vote, being formally stated
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1992 (isolation #307) » Sun May 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Post by petapan »

In post 1991, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Still waiting a bit to let wgeurts try and explain themself, correct?
i'll give them a chance to post but this is the direction my team wants and i might as well be upfront about it
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1997 (isolation #308) » Mon May 29, 2023 4:22 pm

Post by petapan »

my team is leaning toward this being an intentional stall at this point, and time is winding down, so as promised:

VOTE: wgeurts

if you're scum, feel free to take it away. i'm probably a complete asshat for not following occam's razor here if so, but i've been given nothing to work with.

regardless of whether it's right or not, sorry for how i've played this game
free crypto
petapan
petapan
Survivor
petapan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2000 (isolation #309) » Tue May 30, 2023 3:43 am

Post by petapan »

sorry

i'm no good in these spots, i basically always lose. i think even if i vote correctly this is a loss but it still sucks. fakeclaim was well executed i guess
free crypto

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”