Song Contest 200 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Sun May 14, 2023 4:17 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

/in
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:37 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Just voted. Took me a solid whole afternoon to listen everything with detention
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:13 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Wait Sky... is the samba yours?
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:18 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Omfg the feedback I wrote for that song is almost exactly the same I wrote for the last one LOL I'M SORRY
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #46 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Pink Ball »

I laughed at that pig noise sequence
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #48 (isolation #5) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:08 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

Oh I tend to post it closer to the deadline to make the thread go up
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #51 (isolation #6) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: Solid contest overall
Sweden

Vintersorg - Lavin

Did I really hear a 1 minute build-up intro to that shout? Jokes aside, it's a bit over extended in all of its parts, but I really like the transitions between them, and the chord sequence is well rounded. The song could have ended at the 4 minute mark but decided to start again to prove a point that was already proven, making it redundant rather than convincing me that there was something more to add. Less is more.
Score: 3,5 out of 10
Slovenia

Scene Queen - 18+

Oh I have a lot of words about this kind of 'in your face' message, but I'll let her be the one being controversial on purpose.
Score: 1,5 out of 10
eSwatini

The Irish Descendants - Catch the Wind

Fantastic voice, simple and easy to listen song. Gets a thumbs up from me and makes me want to listen more about the band.
Score: 6,5 out of 10
Mali

Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge

I zoned out while listening it and it ended way earlier than I thought it would end, really short 7 minutes if you're doing something else at the same time. I guess that was the objective? It's a really low frequency leitmotif that if you listen as a main feature you will certainly get bored, but I didn't mind it.
Score: 5,5 out of 10
Israel

Sunhiausa - Emotional Echoes

Ah Israel, what do you bring me this time. The image scares me a little bit, is someone going to shout on my ear when I open the link? Oh no shouting, but the equivalent of it via bpms. To be honest I didn't mind the first 2 minutes of the song, but it got worse after that.
Score: 1,5 out of 10
Alpha Centauri

Adagio - The Mirror Stage

Nothing bad but nothing good, not too memorable to me from a style that I don't usually listen.
Score: 3,5 out of 10
Peru

Liars - Brats

Dude this was AMAZING, is like Bugs and Elmer were on acid instead of cocaine. I laughed during the entire video, and the song's beat is really really good.
Score: 7 out of 10
Canada

Polkadot Stingray - Telecaster Stripe

Good one in terms of quality, both the basist and the guitarist steal the show. Only thing that I didn't like was the falsettos from the vocalist.
Score: 7,5 out of 10
Iran

Circa Survive - Get Out

The song per se is not really doing anything to me, but the vocalist has an endearing voice.
Score: 5 out of 10
Iceland

Kate Bush - Get Out of My House

Way better than the one that got popular again because of Stranger Things. That's not too much to say, though. I liked this one! But for listening once in a lifetime. Oh I spoke too soon, the 4 minute mark is so bad it's actually funny.
Score: 6 out of 10
Wales

The Preatures - Is This How You Feel?

This one I like a lot. It has a certain je ne sais quoi that makes it so… interesting to me. The voice and instruments seem to compliment each other in such a way that make me want to listen it on repeat.
Score: 9,5 out of 10
Gibraltar

JID - 2007

I told myself I would try to keep my opinions PG-13 this time but I guess that means I get a pass with one curse word without censoring. And that being said: FUCK dude this was amazing.
Score: 10 out of 10
Chile

Young Gun Silver Fox - Love Guarantee

My submission. Heard this song on a café in Mexico during my honeymoon. Nostalgic vibes all around, was amazed when I realized they released this on 2018 by a couple of brits and not like 50 years ago by a west coast band.
Score: Vibes out of 10
Ireland

Kesha - Praying

Wait this is not Ke$ha then? Oh she is. Good, didn't know she had what it takes to actually sing! Very emotional, lovely build up, nothing to hate about it, lyrics are a little simple but I don't that's a bad thing in this case.
Score: 7 out of 10
Jupiter

Gang of Youths - Achilles Come Down

So much to unpack, so much to focus on and so little time to do it in only one listen. Great storytelling, absolutely stunning. Impossible not to think about GoT's "Light of the Seven".
Score: 9 out of 10
Poland

Jann - Gladiator

Decent song from someone who seems to be very, very modern and talented. Not my style, though.
Score: 6,5 out of 10
Malta

Hilltop Hoods - Rattling the Keys to the Kingdom

As Tolkien said to Lewis about Chronicles of Narnia: this isn't it, fam.
Score: 2 out of 10
Lithuania

Masayoshi Takanaka - Beleza Pula

It's not bad, but there are a bunch of songs way better than this that depict samba how it has to be. I actually stopped the song at the 4 minute mark just to go and listen those songs instead to reaffirm my opinion and it still stands. Go listen to Joe Vasconcellos.
Editor's note: I'M SORRY SKY I'm way too critical to music that I grew with because of being latino
Score: 3 out of 10
USA

AJJ - Big Bird

I'm afraid that I can't relate too much with the energy of this song.
Score: 4 out of 10
Namibia

The Free Design - Kites Are Fun

I don't know why it's so funny to me to think that this song was released the same year as Strawberry Fields Forever.
Score: 5 out of 10
West Saturn

Butch Walker - Synthetizers

Nice surprise to see that almost every Youtube comment were in spanish 'cause this song got popular via AuronPlay at some point it seems? I'm glad I'm listening it for the first time here and not via AuronPlay! Good transitions, Come On Eileen vibes at some point.
Score: 8 out of 10
The Moon

Subwoolfer - Melocoton (The Donka Dong Song)

Wow this made me feel so old for a solid minute 'cause it didn't even get a smile out of me, until they got horny for the grandmas and they took one pair of sunglasses just to reveal another pair. I'm safe y'all my immature humour is still intact. Thank you for the breath of fresh air, not the best song in the world, but fun nonetheless.
Score: 4,5 out of 10
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #53 (isolation #7) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I think it's great when musicians explore different genders like Paul Simon in Graceland, these just hits too close to home! I'd love to hear someone trying to make a non-Argentinian tango and show it to an Argentinian
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #71 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 70, Nexus wrote: I think I chose the wrong Scene Queen song, but nevermind! Didn't come last!
I liked the energy, disliked everything else. Any other song you reccomend from her?

Return to “General Discussion”