Amnesiac Mafia: The Movie! That's a Wrap!

For Team Mafia 2023 Games and Information
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6700 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Feysal »

So, this is finally open for comments? I suppose I have two things to explain.

First, why was I so convinced about Dragon being scum? When this game started, I was playing with Dragon in another ongoing game. He was the only player here I had recent meta for, having already done that research for the other game. That is why his entrance here immediately caught my attention. And later on, when he disappeared from this game for a while and claimed real life reasons, I was certain he was lying, because I was seeing none of that in my other game with him, where he was turning into a leading force of the town, driving discussion and posting his own theories. I was stunned when he flipped town.

The second is of course what led to the cryptography incident? I made an effort to explain to T-Bone what I was planning, and thought it was cleared, but apparently there was a miscommunication. At first the thread was locked because I'd suggested using an external tool, which I found odd, since I was not aware of any rule against that. I then went to reread the rules in detail, and that is when I realized the issue. I continue to believe that cryptography is allowed by rule 10, if and only if the agreement is made within the game and does not rely on outside information. But the problem was actually rule 9, which specifically forbids trying to prove the existence of private communication. I think that in my discussion with T-Bone, we both focused on the interpretation of rule 10, and the more pertinent rule 9 slipped both our minds.

It took me some time to figure out why rule 10 is written the way it is, and why cryptography would ever be allowed, but I did dream up a scenario where it would make sense. Imagine you're playing a Star Wars themed game, where one player is posting in some machine language. I'm sure everyone would assume that the player was R2-D2, and that there had to be a C-3PO in the game who could read it. It would just make sense. But, the players could in fact be masons, who came up with the post restriction charade to make sure one of them would survive to endgame. Or, they could be scum pretending to be neighbors, trying to give one of them the perfect excuse to never contribute or explain anything.

I've only seen something like this twice. Once was off-site, in a Futurama themed game, where I think the robot Calculon had a genuine post restriction. Once was here, where hasdgfas faked a post restriction and used it to coast through the game after dayvigging his partner in cold blood for town cred. Why would scum ever kill the conftown who can't even talk properly, right? It was all fake, and everyone ate it up. The best mindfuckery I've ever witnessed.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6701 (ISO) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:26 pm

Post by kuribo »

Yeah BlueSnakelet and I basically had posted, oh, if you end up in this PT, make a post calling out to us using three of these ten words.

TBone and I discussed it after the game, and it fell under his interpretation of not quoting private communications, which when put that way, he's right. I did say I could have asked a future player to *paraphrase* and Bone agreed that would have been legal. So I could have asked something like, what movie did I reference when I spoke to ircher at the end of day one? (It was Thelma and Louise) But I wouldn't have felt comfortable asking someone to paraphrase by that point since we had already been chastised in our previous attempt. I just didn't think it would be fair to the mod to toe back up to the line again.
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6702 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:31 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Well I knew PB and FA were scummy af, but I am shocked that TSQ was scum. And actually also surprised about Dunn.
Sorry for flaking this game TWICE, leading to my miselim.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6703 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:36 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

In post 6700, Feysal wrote: First, why was I so convinced about Dragon being scum? When this game started, I was playing with Dragon in another ongoing game. He was the only player here I had recent meta for, having already done that research for the other game. That is why his entrance here immediately caught my attention. And later on, when he disappeared from this game for a while and claimed real life reasons, I was certain he was lying, because I was seeing none of that in my other game with him, where he was turning into a leading force of the town, driving discussion and posting his own theories. I was stunned when he flipped town.
Well there's a big difference, for me at least, between engaging a game with 1-2 pages a day and engaging a game with like 20 pages a day. Anyway, I do feel truly sorry for the low activity level here.
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Post Post #6704 (ISO) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

I knew you were town. :(
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6705 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 6704, Thestatusquo wrote: I knew you were town. :(
And convinced me of it!

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #6706 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:25 am

Post by kuribo »

I feel like this years Team Mafia should disabuse everyone of the notion that low activity = scum

Experienced scum simply do not lurk on a more regular basis than town who simply haven't the time. It's used nearly site wide as a reason for scum reading people and I'd be willing to bet it hits town most often.

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #6707 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:42 am

Post by T-Bone »

My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #6708 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:36 pm

Post by Firebringer »

scum chat was enjoyable
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Team Mafia 2023”