Song Contest 200 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:03 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Apologies, I got super-tired shortly before I had to start listening, so I might not be as diplomatic or expressive as usual.

Spoiler: Reactions
Sweden // Lavin - Vintersorg

Always a bad sign when people start scream-growling. Thought the intro was harmless enough and some of the less chuggy guitar lines later on were alright, but ultimately this is way out of the zone of stuff that I enjoy and I definitely couldn't do seven minutes of it again.

Slovenia // 18+ - Scene Queen

Enjoyed the fiery lyrics; I too am fucking tired of people that I used to respect turning out to be total shitheads (cough cough Win Butler). Musically, I did not like it.

eSwatini // Catch the Wind - The Irish Descendants

I do like a traditional Irish folk sound. This was simple and sweet, though obviously nothing revolutionary.

Mali // Standing at the Sky's Edge - Richard Hawley
(my entry!)

Hawley was one of the first artists that I really loved when I was expanding my musical horizons for the first time properly in my late teens, and one who's stuck around better than most of his contemporaries at the time. He's a very foundational presence in my library, and this is one of his best-ever tracks, the highlight of the album of the same name - which I would rate as his second-best behind Coles Corner, whose title track I put into SC1. Sky's Edge is a much rockier album than Coles Corner, exemplified by this song which has still has some of my favourite absolutely filthy guitar breaks.

Israel // Emotional Echoes - Sunhiausa

I liked the bits that weren't hyperactive electric screeching. Unfortunately, most of the bits were that.

Alpha Centauri // The Mirror Stage - Adagio

Are all prog metal bands required by law to use the same lead vocalist? I didn't enjoy myself with this one.

Peru // Brats - Liars

R̶͙͗̄i̴̼̪͝g̷̡̳͊͐h̵̩̮̊ṭ̴̑̋ ̴̞̪̏́a̸̳͠͝b̷̞́o̸͎̜̿͘ȕ̸̥t̶̞͎͋ ̸͙̍̄n̵͎̜̎͒o̵̪̺͝w̴̝̖̕,̴̖̑ ̶̟̇̈́t̶̲͕̀͝ḣ̶̬̆ê̷̱̱ ̷̧͓̇̈́f̴͈̄ũ̷̥͗n̶̟̘̈k̸̈́̃ͅ ̶̣͈̔s̵̨̬̈́͝o̴̹̾̿u̴̽̔͜l̷̗̔̇ ̸̠͒̔ͅb̶̗́̚r̶̻̽̒o̴͈̓t̴̛͙̐h̴̖̓̅e̵̩͝ř̷̘ ̸̙͕͒/̷̯̒͜ ̵̻̥̄̋C̷͉̣̔h̸̨͕̄̓e̴̼̣͊c̶̠̈́̾k̵̬̿̚ ̶͖̓̕i̵̛͓t̵̢̬́̃ ̶̼͊̀ô̵̜͙̚ŭ̸͙͉̇t̶̨̿̉ ̴̼͍̊̅n̵̯̖͑ö̸̤̳́ẃ̷͈,̴̟̿ ̶̤̕t̵͉̿h̴͚͓͒̑e̷͈͈̓ ̴̺̟̚f̴͕͚̓u̶̹̇n̵̦̾̈́k̶̙͋ ̷͇̑͆s̵̘͌̅ȍ̶̡̲͗ü̶̺̪̓ĺ̸̹̲̓ ̴͚̐̕ͅb̶̨̔͝r̷̝̿o̸̘̔t̷̝͠h̷̖̤̓̾ȅ̷̱r̴͚͉̚

I didn't hate it by any means but I basically could never stop thinking about how it sounded like it would break into The Rockefeller Skank at any second and how I'd probably like to just be listening to that instead.

Canada // Telecaster Stripe - Polkadot Stingray

As with a lot of Japanese rock, I kinda wish that the drums were about half as busy as they are, but the guitar and bass here are extremely on point. Not entirely convinced by the vocalist, who a few times dropped some breathy notes that sounded like they were scraping across the mic quite uncomfortably. But there's plenty to like here.

Iran // Get Out - Circa Survive

I've bought a couple of Circa Survive and Anthony Green tracks over the years (the Song Contest could easily be to blame for that, come to think of it) but I doubt that I'll be following up on this one. Green regularly toes the line between spine-chilling and just plain whiny and he falls on the wrong side of it here, I think; pairs less well with the crash-and-boom drums and general pace because it conjures the air of a spoilt child.

Iceland / Get Out of My House - Kate Bush

I haven't explored much of Bush's catalogue before, and I really should. She's super-distinctive and interesting, and gets a lot of leeway to explore when the results can sometimes be things like Running Up That Hill. I'd normally expect something like a recurring, vaguely atonal chant of "get out of my house" to get on my nerves, but it really works here with a kind of hall-of-mirrors vibe. That turmoil paired with very Police-y Walking on the Moon riffs makes for a fascinating contrast.

Wales // Is This How You Feel? - The Preatures

Hey, The Preatures - could you please decide whether or not your song has a question mark at the end of its title and make that consistent between the YouTube labeling and the on-screen text at the start of your music video? Sincerely, a proofreader.

With that out of the way, this is a funky little number, innit? Those restrained, bass-heavy verses are pretty infectious, making plenty of space for the moments when the lead guitar gets to shine. Yeah, I'm going to want to bop around to this again. Wriggly and satisfying.

Gibraltar // 2007 - JID

I feel like I would have got more out of this if I had more context about the wider rap scene - there are a lot of names and references here that mean nothing to me. There are a lot of things about the song that I like intellectually - particularly actually having a verse from his actual dad (am I right about that?) - but in practice it was seven-and-a-half minutes of stuff that didn't really deviate much in terms of style and structure, and the broad themes of 'I didn't have very much but I worked hard and I'm talented and now here I am' are probably quite effective if I have more context about his work but quite meat-and-potatoes in more general terms.

Chile // Love Guarantee - Young Gun Silver Fox

A well-executed throwback, although I now regret having had the temerity to criticise the previous song for having rote lyrical themes. It's pleasant enough, but has serious hotel-lobby energy.

Ireland // Praying - Kesha

That big squealy note at the end was the moment that the song turned from unthrilling but tolerable to actively getting on my nerves. I'm glad you're doing better, Kesha, but oof.

Jupiter // Achilles Come Down - Gang of Youths

I like Gang of Youths fairly well and this is probably in my top half of tracks from Go Farther in Lightness. Probably. The band's biggest hindrance is their determination to go as big as possible at all times - they like a track that runs 90 seconds longer than it probably needs to (like this one does, IMO) and they reeeeally like an album that runs at least 15 minutes longer than it needs to, a problem that holds back both this record and its slightly superior (IMO) successor, Angel in Realtime. That said, I absolutely forgive that kind of ambition and swinging for majesty when it can result in tracks like Do Not Let Your Spirit Wane or the ability to devastate in sparse contrast with the likes of Brothers.

Poland // Gladiator - Jann

This one mostly just bounced off me - not annoying or anything but the vaguely industrial goth style just didn't move the needle.

Malta // Rattling the Keys to the Kingdom - Hilltop Hoods

I don't normally fall for hip-hop on first listen, especially not brag tracks (I generally need an artist to earn the right to drop one of those on me through solid work on other subjects) but I gotta say that I dug this. Enjoyed the slightly sludgy synths and a super-solid earwormy hook.

Lithuania // Beleza Pula - Masayoshi Takanaka

A fun, chill vibe at first but, by golly, I did not need eight entire minutes of it when it switched things up that little.

USA // Big Bird - AJJ

I'm not completely on board with yer man here's voice but it not being very good arguably works in the song's favour; it helps things to feel raw and lost and desperate for confidence. Frankly, in that pursuit, the song seriously fucking works. Fair play. I think that I might be thinking about this one for a while.

Namibia // Kites Are Fun - The Free Design

I appreciate that it chooses 'put yourself in the perspective of your younger self' to express its themes of youth and childhood naivety but that approach does have the in-built problem of sounding like I'm listening to something that a child wrote. I just can't really take it seriously.

West Saturn // Synthesizers - Butch Walker

I mean, this is a little bit of the indie-pop equivalent of a brag track but, eh, I'll allow it. It's pretty fun and does kind of sneak up on you. A little more self-aware than I'd like but there's a real danger that I'll listen to it again so I've got to hold up my hands to that.

The Moon // Melocoton (The Donka Donk Song) - Subwoolfer

I did not, in fact, have any need for a sequel to a one-joke song.

#greenshirtthursdays
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:59 am

Post by Pink Ball »

Spoiler: Solid contest overall
Sweden

Vintersorg - Lavin

Did I really hear a 1 minute build-up intro to that shout? Jokes aside, it's a bit over extended in all of its parts, but I really like the transitions between them, and the chord sequence is well rounded. The song could have ended at the 4 minute mark but decided to start again to prove a point that was already proven, making it redundant rather than convincing me that there was something more to add. Less is more.
Score: 3,5 out of 10
Slovenia

Scene Queen - 18+

Oh I have a lot of words about this kind of 'in your face' message, but I'll let her be the one being controversial on purpose.
Score: 1,5 out of 10
eSwatini

The Irish Descendants - Catch the Wind

Fantastic voice, simple and easy to listen song. Gets a thumbs up from me and makes me want to listen more about the band.
Score: 6,5 out of 10
Mali

Richard Hawley - Standing at the Sky's Edge

I zoned out while listening it and it ended way earlier than I thought it would end, really short 7 minutes if you're doing something else at the same time. I guess that was the objective? It's a really low frequency leitmotif that if you listen as a main feature you will certainly get bored, but I didn't mind it.
Score: 5,5 out of 10
Israel

Sunhiausa - Emotional Echoes

Ah Israel, what do you bring me this time. The image scares me a little bit, is someone going to shout on my ear when I open the link? Oh no shouting, but the equivalent of it via bpms. To be honest I didn't mind the first 2 minutes of the song, but it got worse after that.
Score: 1,5 out of 10
Alpha Centauri

Adagio - The Mirror Stage

Nothing bad but nothing good, not too memorable to me from a style that I don't usually listen.
Score: 3,5 out of 10
Peru

Liars - Brats

Dude this was AMAZING, is like Bugs and Elmer were on acid instead of cocaine. I laughed during the entire video, and the song's beat is really really good.
Score: 7 out of 10
Canada

Polkadot Stingray - Telecaster Stripe

Good one in terms of quality, both the basist and the guitarist steal the show. Only thing that I didn't like was the falsettos from the vocalist.
Score: 7,5 out of 10
Iran

Circa Survive - Get Out

The song per se is not really doing anything to me, but the vocalist has an endearing voice.
Score: 5 out of 10
Iceland

Kate Bush - Get Out of My House

Way better than the one that got popular again because of Stranger Things. That's not too much to say, though. I liked this one! But for listening once in a lifetime. Oh I spoke too soon, the 4 minute mark is so bad it's actually funny.
Score: 6 out of 10
Wales

The Preatures - Is This How You Feel?

This one I like a lot. It has a certain je ne sais quoi that makes it so… interesting to me. The voice and instruments seem to compliment each other in such a way that make me want to listen it on repeat.
Score: 9,5 out of 10
Gibraltar

JID - 2007

I told myself I would try to keep my opinions PG-13 this time but I guess that means I get a pass with one curse word without censoring. And that being said: FUCK dude this was amazing.
Score: 10 out of 10
Chile

Young Gun Silver Fox - Love Guarantee

My submission. Heard this song on a café in Mexico during my honeymoon. Nostalgic vibes all around, was amazed when I realized they released this on 2018 by a couple of brits and not like 50 years ago by a west coast band.
Score: Vibes out of 10
Ireland

Kesha - Praying

Wait this is not Ke$ha then? Oh she is. Good, didn't know she had what it takes to actually sing! Very emotional, lovely build up, nothing to hate about it, lyrics are a little simple but I don't that's a bad thing in this case.
Score: 7 out of 10
Jupiter

Gang of Youths - Achilles Come Down

So much to unpack, so much to focus on and so little time to do it in only one listen. Great storytelling, absolutely stunning. Impossible not to think about GoT's "Light of the Seven".
Score: 9 out of 10
Poland

Jann - Gladiator

Decent song from someone who seems to be very, very modern and talented. Not my style, though.
Score: 6,5 out of 10
Malta

Hilltop Hoods - Rattling the Keys to the Kingdom

As Tolkien said to Lewis about Chronicles of Narnia: this isn't it, fam.
Score: 2 out of 10
Lithuania

Masayoshi Takanaka - Beleza Pula

It's not bad, but there are a bunch of songs way better than this that depict samba how it has to be. I actually stopped the song at the 4 minute mark just to go and listen those songs instead to reaffirm my opinion and it still stands. Go listen to Joe Vasconcellos.
Editor's note: I'M SORRY SKY I'm way too critical to music that I grew with because of being latino
Score: 3 out of 10
USA

AJJ - Big Bird

I'm afraid that I can't relate too much with the energy of this song.
Score: 4 out of 10
Namibia

The Free Design - Kites Are Fun

I don't know why it's so funny to me to think that this song was released the same year as Strawberry Fields Forever.
Score: 5 out of 10
West Saturn

Butch Walker - Synthetizers

Nice surprise to see that almost every Youtube comment were in spanish 'cause this song got popular via AuronPlay at some point it seems? I'm glad I'm listening it for the first time here and not via AuronPlay! Good transitions, Come On Eileen vibes at some point.
Score: 8 out of 10
The Moon

Subwoolfer - Melocoton (The Donka Dong Song)

Wow this made me feel so old for a solid minute 'cause it didn't even get a smile out of me, until they got horny for the grandmas and they took one pair of sunglasses just to reveal another pair. I'm safe y'all my immature humour is still intact. Thank you for the breath of fresh air, not the best song in the world, but fun nonetheless.
Score: 4,5 out of 10
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:09 pm

Post by Skygazer »

hahaha i mean to be fair i guess so far i've submitted non-Colombian cumbia and non-Brazilian samba. i was thinking next i should try to find an icelandic corrido
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:11 pm

Post by Pink Ball »

I think it's great when musicians explore different genders like Paul Simon in Graceland, these just hits too close to home! I'd love to hear someone trying to make a non-Argentinian tango and show it to an Argentinian
emrysmoonchild
emrysmoonchild
Townie
emrysmoonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by emrysmoonchild »

Oh shit I still need to vote. Ahhh I was focused all week on going to a wedding this weekend. Okay, okay, okay, I'll do this tomorrow.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:12 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

ty everyone for all the music over the last forever years this has been going on.

lotsa longer songs this contest (mine has 1.5 minutes of skippable bird noises at the end oops), and some i dug, some i didn't but i can say for certain even when i was making rant videos on how samey i thought some of the stuff was, it's never been boring.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 12:08 am

Post by Song Contest »

Deadline approaches! Get those votes in.
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:04 am

Post by toolenduso »

On it
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
toolenduso
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
toolenduso
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:08 am

Post by toolenduso »

In post 32, Aristophanes wrote:
Iran: Circa Survive - Get Out
See, now this is a voice that is harsher and makes the rockiness of this song so much harder, not to mention the screechy electric guitars and pounding drums.
It's definitely not my thing. I don't know how to say that this would be better if it want fuller emo and less metal and have it make sense, but it's like right in the middle and doesn't feel right for either. If it leaned into the emo side a but more, I'd probably like it. It's just not quite right where it sits.

Funny enough, this probably means you'd like the rest of the band's first three albums quite a bit (everything since then I haven't been too fond of). This song is pretty different from how they usually sound imo.
"Half of the game is figuring out who the scum is. The other half is convincing everyone else that you're right." -- PlaysWithSquirrels, in Newbie 437
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 58, toolenduso wrote:
In post 32, Aristophanes wrote:
Iran: Circa Survive - Get Out
See, now this is a voice that is harsher and makes the rockiness of this song so much harder, not to mention the screechy electric guitars and pounding drums.
It's definitely not my thing. I don't know how to say that this would be better if it want fuller emo and less metal and have it make sense, but it's like right in the middle and doesn't feel right for either. If it leaned into the emo side a but more, I'd probably like it. It's just not quite right where it sits.

Funny enough, this probably means you'd like the rest of the band's first three albums quite a bit (everything since then I haven't been too fond of). This song is pretty different from how they usually sound imo.
Ooo interesting! I'll have to give them a listen next time I get a chance then! :)
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
emrysmoonchild
emrysmoonchild
Townie
emrysmoonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:27 pm

Post by emrysmoonchild »

I've listened to almost half, gotta go make dinner, and then I'll finish the rest and vote!
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:49 pm

Post by Song Contest »

Iran

toolenduso

12 - Gibraltar
10 - Slovenia
8 - USA
7 - Canada
6 - Alpha Centauri
5 - Wales
4 - Malta
3 - Ireland
2 - Chile
1 - Namibia

The Moon

Searl

12 - Canada
10 - Poland
8 - West Saturn
7 - Ireland
6 - Jupiter
5 - Chile
4 - Wales
3 - Malta
2 - Namibia
1 - Israel

Jupiter

cephrir

12 - Mali
10 - The Moon
8 - Poland
7 - Ireland
6 - West Saturn
5 - Wales
4 - Canada
3 - Israel
2 - Malta
1 - Namibia

Chile

Pink Ball

12 - Gibraltar
10 - Wales
8 - Jupiter
7 - West Saturn
6 - Canada
5 - Peru
4 - Ireland
3 - eSwatini
2 - Poland
1 - Iceland

Mali

ChannelDelibird

12 - USA
10 - Wales
8 - Iceland
7 - Malta
6 - Jupiter
5 - West Saturn
4 - Canada
3 - eSwatini
2 - Peru
1 - Gibraltar

Current Scores:

34 Wales
33 Canada
26 West Saturn
25 Gibraltar
21 Ireland
20 USA
20 Poland
20 Jupiter
16 Malta
12 Mali
10 The Moon
10 Slovenia
9 Iceland
7 Chile
7 Peru
6 Alpha Centauri
6 eSwatini
4 Israel
4 Namibia
0 Iran
0 Lithuania
0 Sweden
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:54 pm

Post by Song Contest »

Ireland

emrysmoonchild

12 - Jupiter
10 - Poland
8 - USA
7 - West Saturn
6 - Namibia
5 - Wales
4 - Chile
3 - The Moon
2 - Gibraltar
1 - Slovenia

USA

pickemgenius

12 - Slovenia
10 - Iran
8 - Canada
7 - Gibraltar
6 - Malta
5 - West Saturn
4 - eSwatini
3 - Israel
2 - Jupiter
1 - Ireland

Gibraltar

Infinity 324

12 - Wales
10 - West Saturn
8 - Poland
7 - Lithuania
6 - Iceland
5 - Jupiter
4 - Mali
3 - The Moon
2 - eSwatini
1 - Canada

Malta

thestatusquo

12 - Canada
10 - Wales
8 - Iran
7 - Ireland
6 - Alpha Centauri
5 - Gibraltar
4 - West Saturn
3 - Chile
2 - The Moon
1 - Poland

Iceland

Aisa

12 - eSwatini
10 - West Saturn
8 - Mali
7 - Wales
6 - Namibia
5 - Iran
4 - Ireland
3 - Canada
2 - Jupiter
1 - Sweden

Current Scores:

68 Wales
62 West Saturn
57 Canada
41 Jupiter
39 Gibraltar
39 Poland
33 Ireland
28 USA
24 Mali
24 eSwatini
23 Slovenia
23 Iran
22 Malta
18 The Moon
16 Namibia
15 Iceland
14 Chile
12 Alpha Centauri
7 Lithuania
7 Peru
7 Israel
1 Sweden
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:59 pm

Post by Song Contest »

West Saturn

D3f3nd3r

12 - USA
10 - Wales
8 - Ireland
7 - Slovenia
6 - Malta
5 - Jupiter
4 - eSwatini
3 - Iran
2 - Chile
1 - The Moon

Slovenia

Nexus

12 - The Moon
10 - Ireland
8 - Mali
7 - Sweden
6 - Poland
5 - Wales
4 - Gibraltar
3 - Chile
2 - Jupiter
1 - Lithuania

Israel

Empathice

12 - Mali
10 - West Saturn
8 - Peru
7 - Iceland
6 - Chile
5 - The Moon
4 - Malta
3 - eSwatini
2 - Iran
1 - Lithuania

Lithuania

skygazer

12 - Iceland
10 - Chile
8 - Slovenia
7 - Gibraltar
6 - Canada
5 - Namibia
4 - USA
3 - Wales
2 - Peru
1 - West Saturn

Alpha Centauri

biancospino

12 - Sweden
10 - Mali
8 - Iceland
7 - Iran
6 - Israel
5 - West Saturn
4 - Poland
3 - Jupiter
2 - Peru
1 - Ireland

Current Scores:

86 Wales
78 West Saturn
63 Canada
54 Mali
52 Ireland
51 Jupiter
50 Gibraltar
49 Poland
44 USA
42 Iceland
38 Slovenia
36 The Moon
35 Iran
35 Chile
32 Malta
31 eSwatini
21 Namibia
20 Sweden
19 Peru
13 Israel
12 Alpha Centauri
9 Lithuania
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:10 pm

Post by Song Contest »

Wales

DeasVail

12 - Iceland
10 - Iran
8 - Jupiter
7 - Peru
6 - USA
5 - Poland
4 - Chile
3 - West Saturn
2 - Mali
1 - eSwatini

Sweden

MiniDeathStar

12 - Alpha Centauri
10 - Poland
8 - Jupiter
7 - Slovenia
6 - Malta
5 - Iran
4 - West Saturn
3 - Mali
2 - Iceland
1 - Ireland

Canada

Lady LambdaDelta

12 - Sweden
10 - Poland
8 - Malta
7 - Chile
6 - Mali
5 - USA
4 - Wales
3 - West Saturn
2 - Iran
1 - eSwatini

Peru

BS2000

12 - Lithuania
10 - Gibraltar
8 - Canada
7 - Iceland
6 - Wales
5 - Chile
4 - Namibia
3 - Ireland
2 - Jupiter
1 - Mali

eSwatini

Aristophanes

12 - Ireland
10 - Jupiter
8 - Wales
7 - Mali
6 - The Moon
5 - Chile
4 - Canada
3 - Lithuania
2 - Sweden
1 - Namibia

Final Scores:

104 Wales

88 West Saturn

79 Jupiter

75 Canada
73 Mali

68 Ireland
63 Iceland
62 Poland
60 Gibraltar
56 Chile

55 USA
52 Iran
46 Malta
45 Slovenia
42 The Moon
34 Sweden
33 eSwatini
26 Peru
24 Lithuania
24 Alpha Centauri
14 Namibia
13 Israel

Congratulations to DeasVail!

schadd_ (Namibia) and VashtaNeurotic (Poland) failed to vote! They take a 12-point penalty and will be visited by three spirits tonight to illuminate to them the error of their ways.
Song Contest
Song Contest
Townie
Song Contest
Townie
Townie

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:11 pm

Post by Song Contest »

Thanks everyone for making this anniversary contest feel like a special occasion even more for the extra participation. <3
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

my dream of getting last place with a song i actually Kinda like that isn't outright abrasive

SHATTERED
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:30 pm

Post by Skygazer »

guess i shouldn't have voted
i have the most queues
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:05 am

Post by schadd_ »

crap i had like 80% of the songs ranked last night and i fell asleep. And i would have won!!!
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:13 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

haha i actually liked your song
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:02 am

Post by Nexus »

I think I chose the wrong Scene Queen song, but nevermind! Didn't come last!
Trans rights are human rights.
Pink Ball
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Pink Ball
he/him
Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Pink Ball »

In post 70, Nexus wrote: I think I chose the wrong Scene Queen song, but nevermind! Didn't come last!
I liked the energy, disliked everything else. Any other song you reccomend from her?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Nexus »

I like all of them; Win Win is her newest, and Pink Panther is good.
Trans rights are human rights.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:27 am

Post by schadd_ »

Namibia / kites r fun

schadd_

12 - Slovenia
10 - Lithuania
8 - Gibraltar
7 - Canada
6 - Éire
5 - Iran
4 - Israel
3 - Iceland
2 - Wales
1 - Peru

Spoiler: heres what the scores would have been
Final Scores:

106 Wales

88 West Saturn

82 Canada

79 Jupiter
74 Ireland

73 Mali
66 Iceland
62 Poland
60 Gibraltar
57 Iran

56 Chile
55 USA
46 Malta
45 Slovenia
42 The Moon
34 Sweden
33 eSwatini
27 Peru
24 Alpha Centauri
24 Lithuania
17 Israel
2 Namibia
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

emrysmoonchild
emrysmoonchild
Townie
emrysmoonchild
Townie
Townie

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:39 am

Post by emrysmoonchild »

Yay 6th place! Super fun to participate in the 200th frickin song contest (well, also stressful because I barely had time to vote yesterday). On to the next one!

Return to “General Discussion”