Mafia 2301: Angels and Demons (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:05 am

Post by Phir »

In post 1122, Greeting wrote:
In post 1081, Phir wrote: Greeting, how do you feel bout that Enchant vote?
I don't really care. I've played with
Enchant
numerous times and he's always hunting me for whatever reason so his vote on me is probably NAI. He has never been very useful in game-solving either. Kinda like a slightly more talkative Not_Mafia.
I have been in situations where both enchant and not mafia's reads as town have been exactly right, uncannily so, but that's meta so whateber to each their own. A lot has happened so love to jear more but im out for now.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:07 am

Post by Enchant »

Broken clocks are right once per day.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1124, Greeting wrote: For the record, I am against whomever gave me the one-shot Watcher power revealing themselves.
this can confirm you. if no one outs, then it could be a possibility that you're lying.
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
GrandpaMo
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
GrandpaMo
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Location: do people ever use this for their actual location lol

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:11 am

Post by GrandpaMo »

In post 1125, Phir wrote:
In post 1122, Greeting wrote:
In post 1081, Phir wrote: Greeting, how do you feel bout that Enchant vote?
I don't really care. I've played with
Enchant
numerous times and he's always hunting me for whatever reason so his vote on me is probably NAI. He has never been very useful in game-solving either. Kinda like a slightly more talkative Not_Mafia.
I have been in situations where both enchant and not mafia's reads as town have been exactly right, uncannily so, but that's meta so whateber to each their own. A lot has happened so love to jear more but im out for now.
this is very true haha
"With grandpa in the game the postcount goes up and up and up and up...." - T3 | I have a GTKAS page now. Feel free to ask me questions here!
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:27 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1127, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1124, Greeting wrote: For the record, I am against whomever gave me the one-shot Watcher power revealing themselves.
this can confirm you. if no one outs, then it could be a possibility that you're lying.
You know what could also confirm me? Voting out
Meuh
. I will be conftown and dead on Night 2 and whomever gave me the power will not be outed.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:45 am

Post by mykonian »

They're pretty witless, but they have their fun,
They drink a lot, and like small cats they run
In circles chasing their own tails - and then
Next day they have a hangover again.

Votecount

Greeting (2): Meuh, imaginality
Meuh (2): Greeting, Doctor Drew
phir (1): biancospino
No Elimination (1): Phir

not voting (3): Whemestar, GrandpaMo, Enchant

with 9 alive it is 5 to eliminate.

In post 1053, GrandpaMo wrote: @mod does that mean in a hypothetical situation, if person x gave something to person y mid game, will you notify person y as soon as possible during midgame?

I will resolve day actions as soon as I get to them.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:46 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1048, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1042, Meuh wrote:
In post 1041, Enchant wrote:
In post 1040, Meuh wrote:
In post 1033, imaginality wrote: Aside from anything else if the power giver was town then there should be one player who believes Greeting (presumably they would give the shot to someone they townread).

It doesn't seem anyone does believe Greeting though so either the power giver is non-town or (more likely) Greeting is just lying.
I don't think Phir or Wheme have showed up yet so while I think Greeting is outright lying, we should probably leave some benefit of the doubt until then
What benefit of doubt
To it being some wacky bastard situation that somehow ended up with Greeting having false info
ur not even confident yourself either.

i just dont see the benefit of greeting doing this play as scum.

UNVOTE:
I just don’t see why we wouldn’t at least let people speak up in case there’s some weird bullshit going on cause I’ve seen weirder things than an incorrect watcher check in the past :lol:
It benefits scum!Greeting by looking like a mime, and therefore not getting voted. Plus it gets me out of the picture. Setup seems pr heavy enough that numbers are the main thing that matters and mislimming me here could fuck things up massively
I’m not down for a 1 for 1 with Greeting unless you guys pinky promise you’ll vote him tomorrow and even then, promises like that are often not even followed through with
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:47 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1054, Greeting wrote:
In post 1053, GrandpaMo wrote:
In post 1052, Doctor Drew wrote: Lol, check the wording of that answer.

Told you,.you can't trust the mod.
@mod does that mean in a hypothetical situation, if person x gave something to person y mid game, will you notify person y as soon as possible during midgame?
Why does this even matter?
Okay Greeting’s just scum, fuck the benefit of the doubt
Any sort of want to clarify on his supposed watcher check gets pushed back on, all he wants is me dead and nothing more
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:48 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1055, Greeting wrote:
In post 1029, biancospino wrote:
In post 1024, Greeting wrote: If something is wrong with the result that I got then I might as well just vote myself out on Day 3, because a power that would give me a wrong Watcher shot, or a power that somehow falsifies the result (given that whomever falisifed that shot knew that I received the shot) would mean the setup is broken, even for a bastard game.
What's up with the defeatism?
Oh, I was just greatly annoyed by the fact that for once I made great use of
my role
by catching scum red-handed and some of the town want to eliminate me for this.

I can understand
Meuh
trying to save herself, but not players like
imaginality
or the rest who seem completely unimpressed by my result.
???
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:55 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1076, Enchant wrote: Incorrect.

If we hit mime, we lose. Of course.

But considering all my experience of playing with jesters, EVERYONE drop tells they are jester, including town. In one game it was so fucking annoying, basically every wagon dismantled out of it.

We never win by fearing.
Enchant town on 43-44 and I like the way this post lines up with my mentality here
Nolim seems bad here and while hitting mime is a scary prospect, it’s a chance we’ll take with whoever we lim and I don’t think nolimming actually does anything for us
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:59 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1079, biancospino wrote:
In post 1071, Enchant wrote: Claiming guilty after realisation of mime game is what i do as mafia like 9 out of 10 and then just coast in hopes people will think i am mime and won't vote me.
And a mime that, as you, rekons that a scum would do that, would do the same in a bid to let us conclude they must be scum by this very token.

VOTE: Phir
I suspect voting no lim is a panic move to try to stop us from limming Greeting -- because Phir knows it will hit a Mime; which scum would if it's the case.

And yes, I see the hypocrisy
Hmm this is interesting
I think the way Bianco’s sticking to this mentality here is +town
You think it’s mime!Greeting and scum!Phir?
Not sure that fully clicks with me but I do agree that scum in a mime!Greeting world would be trying get votes elsewhere
Though why would scum not just push for me rather than trying to sell a nolim? I think that’s much simpler
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:00 am

Post by Meuh »

Not sure what to make of Phir’s posting today; it’s odd but I’m not sure what alignment it actually shows
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:01 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1080, Phir wrote: So let me get to it enchant:
*trust meuh
*'watcher' doesn't work with doc
*greeting scum totally does this
*no way greeting is mime(confident)

These are your reasons for this vote. You do not consider that there, in fact, exists a role that gifts one-shot abilities.

Thanks.
If there’s a role that gives 1 shot powers they should 1000% out, no one has said they have this ability
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:08 am

Post by Meuh »

Translation: “Don’t scrutinize me, don’t think about this, you don’t need to think about the details, just follow me and vote Meuh!”
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:09 am

Post by Meuh »

Greeting has 0 intent to actually help, to actually solve, to actually help us move the game forward, his only intent is to push this lim through
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:11 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1132, Meuh wrote: Any sort of want to clarify on his supposed watcher check gets pushed back on, all he wants is me dead and nothing more
I have not been interacting with your posts, because, unfortunately, based on the result that I have, you are 100% scum.

You are correct in that all I want today is you dead. And I do not want whomever gave me this ability to claim.

I have a red check on you which leaves no doubts, you are the only person who targeted
demona
last night. And she dropped dead.

The only possible reasons that this might be wrong is either the ability itself gives a wrong check or that my result was somehow falsified. None of which really make any sense. If we look at the ability that gives out wrong checks without considering which faction has this ability, it is very clear that it is far more likely to disproportionately harm town than mafia, which would make the game very unbalanced. If the result was somehow falsified, someone who did this must have known that I would be due to receive it or that someone would be giving it out. Which, overall, sounds very unlikely, especially if we are talking about Day 1.

The above is why, in , I said that if my result is wrong then the game setup is broken. Even for a bastard game, the game is supposed to be fair and winnable for all factions, and not present an inherent disadvantage to any faction.
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:15 am

Post by Phir »

In post 1135, Meuh wrote:
In post 1071, Enchant wrote: Claiming guilty after realisation of mime game is what i do as mafia like 9 out of 10 and then just coast in hopes people will think i am mime and won't vote me.
And a mime that, as you, rekons that a scum would do that, would do the same in a bid to let us conclude they must be scum by this very token.

I suspect voting no lim is a panic move to try to stop us from limming Greeting -- because Phir knows it will hit a Mime; which scum would if it's the case.

Hmm this is interesting
Not sure that fully clicks with me but I do agree that scum in a mime!Greeting world would be trying get votes elsewhere
Though why would scum not just push for me rather than trying to sell a nolim? I think that’s much simpler
Bianco is very much not town.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Greeting »

And, like a broken record, I am going to keep pushing for a
Meuh
elimination until either she is eliminated or I am voted out or killed, because that is the most pro-town thing I can do at the moment. Beyond reasonable doubt
Meuh
is mafia, period.
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:16 am

Post by Phir »

In post 1140, Greeting wrote:
In post 1132, Meuh wrote: Any sort of want to clarify on his supposed watcher check gets pushed back on, all he wants is me dead and nothing more
I have not been interacting with your posts, because, unfortunately, based on the result that I have, you are 100% scum.

You are correct in that all I want today is you dead. And I do not want whomever gave me this ability to claim.

I have a red check on you which leaves no doubts, you are the only person who targeted
demona

The only possible reasons that this might be wrong is either the ability itself gives a wrong check or that my result was somehow falsified. None of which really make any sense. If we look at the ability that gives out wrong checks without considering which faction has this ability, it is very clear that it is far more likely to disproportionately harm town than mafia, which would make the game very unbalanced. If the result was somehow falsified, someone who did this must have known that I would be due to receive it or that someone would be giving it out. Which, overall, sounds very unlikely, especially if we are talking about Day 1.

The above is why, in , I said that if my result is wrong then the game setup is broken. Even for a bastard game, the game is supposed to be fair and winnable for all factions, and not present an inherent disadvantage to any faction.
Why watch demona?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:20 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1143, Phir wrote: Why watch demona?
She was my strongest townread and I thought she would be most likely to get killed on Night 1.

-----

I am off for the night.
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:21 am

Post by Phir »

In post 1136, Meuh wrote: Not sure what to make of Phir’s posting today; it’s odd but I’m not sure what alignment it actually shows
Hmm ok.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1140, Greeting wrote:

demona

Which is why you’re just lying
There’s no falsified result, just lies
Which is why I want the supposed power giver to claim, because one of 3 things can happen
1. No one claims and it’s clear you’re lying (most likely)
2. Someone fake claims giving you the power and we can catch another scum off of it
3. We live in the world where you actually got a falsified result, in which case fuck that and I’m happy to lose
Phir
Phir
Goon
Phir
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:22 am

Post by Phir »

In post 1126, Enchant wrote: Broken clocks are right once per day.
Nah theres luck and there's skill, u and nm have skill.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:29 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 1141, Phir wrote:
In post 1135, Meuh wrote:

Hmm this is interesting
Bianco is very much not town.
Why?
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:30 am