Micro 1082 - I’m the Real Tracker (Day 4)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by Abnegation »

Spoiler: pages 10-15

this is going to be a very select few posts that i comment on. the rest of what i have to say is more general/vibes-based and i'll address it in a bit.

i don't feel like reading don's walls but pc's reasons to vote them aren't very strong.
In post 224, Political Clout wrote:I also think donempire is slight scum for saying what he said about no lim being the worst option and not voting kowah.
advocating a bad play doesn't necessarily make someone scummy or warrant a vote.
In post 226, Political Clout wrote:
In post 175, Donempire wrote:
In post 56, Merlyn wrote:
Delta, why did you answer Invis's question and not mine?

But my statement is backed up by something- Kowah doing this as town in our previous game together. You were actually there too, though you replaced out pretty early, but I think you were still around when Kowah started advocating a D1 no lim policy there too.
I don't like meta reading someone if they are used to doing scummy things as town. The reason people including me were suspect on his no-lim gameplan was because it would be forcing town into hibernation. Playing the game simply in mechanical terms would only benefit scum here. If that is how he plays as town!kowah, then we need to warn him that this helps scum and be suspicious of him anyways as the facts of the matter dont change. And fwiw, i don't buy meta reads, so i'm plainly reading people as per their actions, not their intentions.

I don't believe spitballing ideas itself is scummy. However i don't believe kowah has done enough to convince us of his game plan, which also with him abandoning his no-lim idea as he votes bingle makes it seem as though he wasn't that committed to it in the first place and was just saying it to get some content out.
why didn't you warn kowah then that his actions were helping scum?
and I feel like you are assuming a lot in kowah's intentions like he did x so y must be true it doesn't follow logically. In fact his inconsistency does give me pause let me do y but do x instead. I think that itself is worth exploring. at what point does someone go from 'spitballing' to advocating?

@ kowah how attached are you to no limming day 1?
as they said, they did.

and i don't really get the assumption thing.
In post 228, Political Clout wrote: I'm not going to clutter by quoting a lot but I find it interesting that don says he likes invisibilities post and goes into a huge post about mechanical talk with kowah. feelweirdman.
and why is this weird?

good post.
In post 242, Kowahbunga wrote:
In post 163, Bingle wrote: I can kind of understand why Kowah thinks that discussion doesn't hurt the proposed no lim, fwiw, and at this point I agree that the belief is a genuine one.

Kowah, what do you think about Merlyn's meta defense of you? Reasonable, unreasonable, banana?
I don't believe meta exists. I am fine with people using it if they feel they must, but to me it's usually coming from an egotistical mind set that "I'm able to solve this game when it can't be solved because of this other game". No one wants to admit that Day 1 is a crap shoot at best so someone invented meta reads as a way to act like they're special.

From my experience with them, this is not a reflection on Merlyn as they do not seem like an egomaniac or anything and this is just my opinion of the general use of meta.

The only real game thought I had from Merlyn making that post is that it was scummy from them and it was an over correction from the previous game we were in. It felt like an attempt to buddy me because they spent most of that game attacking me (scum!merlyn trying a different approach to me since I caught them at the end in that game), so
they decided to mention a meta read from that game where I was town and (I felt) give me a soft town read, but then double backed and said it wasn't even a town read, which really didn't make any sense because all the wording really made me think it was, but then when they started seeing how many people picked up on it they wanted it to go back to neutral OR realized they were linking a game to this thread where they were scum and maybe they rolled scum again and didn't want anyone being able to use the same thing on them. It felt like they made the post and brushed it under the rug soon after.
Like I get this is a huge stretch, but I am just opening up my thought process to put the thoughts into words. The meta read felt scummy to me, but I also think I'm overreacting to it. I also feel like I'm getting too close to letting meta guide my thoughts a bit here by using a previous game to support a reason someone is scum this game.
were you saying what you thought then or do you still believe these things? because merlyn didn't actually do any of that. she said you advocating for no-execution wasn't scum-indicative (in other words, didn't make you look scummier), not that it was town-indicative. she didn't change her stance on you at all. there was no tr there to double back on or brush under the rug.

In post 286, Doctor Drew wrote:Also I do love repping into Jason's spot, gives me some much needed real time insight into their town game lol.
this might be a tinfoily reason to townlean someone, but i think this is a real thought. nobody from those last couple of games was in this game at the point in time doc said this, so unless there's more context i'm not aware of, i don't see what would prompt him to fake this thought as scum.
In post 353, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 304, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 303, Political Clout wrote:
In post 301, Black wrote:
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: This post really seems like you are trying to make a case when it isn't there Black.
How? There's a contradiction in Kowah's words and his actions. I don't think I'm fabricating anything about that
In post 298, Doctor Drew wrote: And I do like PC's question here.
I don't understand why...I think it's pretty obvious how I feel about Kowah
I don't think you should discount your original position Dr. if how you felt is x it is incorrect for black to say well I felt y a long time ago it doesn't change the fact of the interaction in fact it makes your observation more relevant imo.
Don't try and manipulate me.
I felt like they were trying to stear me in a direction and doing in a way like 'hey buddy, have some confidence in yourself', if that makes sense. Like they were doing me a favor.

It was a snap judgment that I immediately felt after reading it.
i liked the vibe of the original post and the follow-up here and in is pretty good.

also i have no idea what pc is doing and i mean that in a sus way, not a null way.
Show
lowercase alt of alianna.

i will be my undoing if i become my obsession.
i will forget the ones i love if i do not serve them.
i will war with others if i refuse to see them.
therefore i choose to turn away from my reflection,
to rely not on myself
but on my brothers and sisters,
to project always outwards
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:16 pm

Post by Abnegation »

unofficial vc so i don't hammer anyone:

donempire (e-2): political clout, kowahbunga, doctor drew
kowahbunga (2): black, donempire
political clout (2): invisibility, appearance
doctor drew (1): bingle

not voting (1): abnegation
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:30 pm

Post by Abnegation »

alright, so here's where i'm at.
bingle/dr. drew/invis/kowah are all townleans of various degrees and i wouldn't vote them today.
black is a bit of a complicated read. i don't find her scummy, but i also know she's good at scum and i don't expect scum!her to play in a scummy way. might be better to give this one some time.
don is null because i'm too lazy to read his wallposting. appearance is null due to lack of content.
i'm fine with pc wagon.

VOTE: political clout

e-2.
also, mech question. is there a benefit to having people claim at e-1/intent in this setup?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:17 am

Post by Alianna »

i had a dream that invis was mafia.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 22
On hiatus from playing.
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 4:18 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 403, Alianna wrote: i had a dream that invis was mafia.
I SWEAR I SIGNED INTO ABNEGATION BEFORE I TYPED THAT.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: No pref

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:39 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 284, Black wrote:
In post 273, Donempire wrote: I would also say that political clout is a townlean for now. I might elaborate if needed.
This is the only read I don't get. PC's reads don't really mesh with mine and I also don't really like how he jumped on your wagon
So uhh.... i think you two would be mad if i said i forgot, and i swear i had a post in his iso i was going to show, but i can't find it now so...

Weathers mighty fine isn't it? It's been raining here in Ankara non stop for about 2 weeks now. I live in whats essentially steppe climate and even here we had really lush greens due to the constant raining. Pretty cool right?
Age of Empires Elo: 1500 something in DE, 1800 in HD
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Donempire »

Also welcome abne!
Formerly Dongempire
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Alianna »

In post 405, Donempire wrote:
In post 273, Donempire wrote: I would also say that political clout is a townlean for now. I might elaborate if needed.
This is the only read I don't get. PC's reads don't really mesh with mine and I also don't really like how he jumped on your wagon
So uhh.... i think you two would be mad if i said i forgot, and i swear i had a post in his iso i was going to show, but i can't find it now so...

Weathers mighty fine isn't it? It's been raining here in Ankara non stop for about 2 weeks now. I live in whats essentially steppe climate and even here we had really lush greens due to the constant raining. Pretty cool right?
i wish it would rain here. canada is being ravaged by wildfires and the air quality is terrible.
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 22
On hiatus from playing.
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 293, Political Clout wrote:
In post 273, Donempire wrote: Scumread.

VOTE: Kowah

I act like i am waiting on kowahs explanation on how he is town here, but i'm afraid that ship sailed after his last few posts. I was waiting on their action following me pressing them on their strategy to vote them, and they did pretty much what i expected.

I would also say that political clout is a townlean for now. I might elaborate if needed.
Black i would say hasn't posted enough for me to get a definite read, but if i had to i would also put them at a townlean.
Bingle and JW have been too caught up in mechtalk for me to get a good read on them.
Appearence.................... hasn't made an appearence in a long time :cool: so i have no read on them either.

All my other reads haven't changed.
after this much mech talk I'm incline to believe it's alignment indicative but to me the jason mech talk he was content to leave it at his first post on mech talk and was merely answering questions about it that struck me as town bingle has actively and openly engaged in it I think it replaces a lot of content this is just my opinion but that's how I see the situation. do you think it's alignment indicative? what I also don't like is that bingle agreed with me about playing it like an all vanilla game and then continued to do it that is my highest gripe with the mech talk I think.
I already said its not alignment indicative. Even if i didn't play with jingle before he himself said that he does his mech-analysis the same regardless of his role.

As for jason, he replaced out, so any reads i would have had for his spot (which wasn't comprehensive) are irrelevant.
Formerly Dongempire
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:45 am

Post by Abnegation »

i should just rep in on my main at this point. i'm comically bad at alting lol.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:48 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 407, Alianna wrote:

i wish it would rain here. canada is being ravaged by wildfires and the air quality is terrible.
/oog
My condolences! I have friends in the DC area and they told me the fires even reached where they were living so i can't even imagine what it is for someone living in Vancouver or Montreal. Apparently western canada also had some wildfires a few months back and now its stabilized, hopefully everything gets better for you soon.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:53 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 300, Political Clout wrote: i like voting don empire because jason was voting don empire I don't like voting donempire because kowahbunga is voting him makes me want to get off the wagon. I don't like that don empire suddenly voted kowah back after all the hemming and hawwing about the slot. that is a bit about what im feeling right now.
Lol. Can you quote where i hemmd and hawwd on kowah? I didnt vote him until he explained himself, and i voted him after he did and i was unconvinced. You did this with Black and before this you also claimed i didn't tell kowah his nolim strat was bad, stop putting words in my mouth.
Formerly Dongempire
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:55 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 410, Donempire wrote:
In post 407, Alianna wrote:

/oog
My condolences! I have friends in the DC area and they told me the fires even reached where they were living so i can't even imagine what it is for someone living in Vancouver or Montreal. Apparently western canada also had some wildfires a few months back and now its stabilized, hopefully everything gets better for you soon.
i'm in western canada, it's unfortunately still on fire.

i feel slightly less lazy today so maybe i'll actually read your iso.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:02 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 336, Political Clout wrote:
In post 325, Black wrote: PC what is your mafia experience?
let's say i'm a newer player what would you say and let's say i'm an experienced player what would you say? because I'm going to be open and tell you right now that I think you are going nowhere with this question and i'm going to circle it back around and say just like with kowah you didn't go anywhere and didn't take it anywhere. ultimately how does it help you solve my slot?
What kind of answer is this? Just answer the question, i can ask the same question to you, what are you going to do with how he solves your slot? This kind of behaviour not only brings unnecessary hostility, it also abruptly stops conversation. You asked me questions you could have found the answer by ctrl f'ing, when have i told you your questions were pointless? Let her answer decide that.
Formerly Dongempire
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:16 am

Post by Abnegation »

@don - your reasons to vote kowah are fair, i just disagree with them. i don't think it's lack of conviction in a no-execution plan that's causing them to abandon the idea and vote people anyway. my impression of their posting is that they see their plan is highly unlikely to go anywhere and find it pointless to keep pressing the issue. to me, that's a plausible mindset to have as town. kowah, feel free to correct me on any of that if i've misread your posting.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:17 am

Post by Abnegation »

also, what's your read on pc right now?
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Donempire »

Okay, i'm not going to clutter the thread with political clout posts because thats what would happen if i tried responded to every one of his problematic posts. I was somewhat town leaning on him before but i haven't seen such a crazy turn in my life, it's like there are two different players on the account. The posts are uncooperative, hostile and seems to be attempting to stop discussion at all costs. It's like he has his mind set on every slot. Its so bad that i think scum wouldn't be this abrasive, but it doesn't change the tone of his posts. I don't know if you have your period or what, but this shit doesn't look good.

VOTE: PC
Should be l-2 if the unofficial vc is correct. I'd like to warn people anyway.

Btw, don't take this as an indicator that my view on kowah has changed(political might try doing it with his track record), it's just that this is a worst slot in my eyes right now.
Formerly Dongempire
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:31 am

Post by Abnegation »

that's actually e-1 because i voted.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:41 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 414, Abnegation wrote: @don - your reasons to vote kowah are fair, i just disagree with them. i don't think it's lack of conviction in a no-execution plan that's causing them to abandon the idea and vote people anyway. my impression of their posting is that they see their plan is highly unlikely to go anywhere and find it pointless to keep pressing the issue. to me, that's a plausible mindset to have as town. kowah, feel free to correct me on any of that if i've misread your posting.
It's one way to read it. But i believe post 243 contradicts your logic, as he says he "doesn't want to ruin 8 people's game" for his pushing this plan. If your theory is right and he is town pushing an idea he finds plausible, why would he be worried pushing this further would damage the game? The way he talks about it, it's a strategy that would break open the game, his exact words in his second post. So why would he not be steadfast on such a good strategy? For me, the pressure was starting to mount on him with a small wagon forming, so he tried to go back to tried and truth mafia gaming instead of raising too much eyebrows by having to defend his idea. As scum, you wouldn't want to be put under the spotlight, as town though it shouldn't matter being on e-1 if you were sure of your strategy and wanted it implemented.

Also the way he said 8 people is also suspect to me, as for town!kowah that also includes the 2 scum. Might be a personality thing, but if i had a button that revealed the 2 scum with no strings attached, i would press it as well as post mocking videos after the fact. So unless it's his conscience getting the best of him, why would he be afraid of ruining the game of scum? Maybe i'm overthinking it.

I understand your point. As scum you don't really have a benefit in pushing a dead on arrival strategy with such fervor. Since we've talked about his posts in detail already, i would also say it's important to consider how much of his posting has malice and how much of it has to do with ineptidute.
In post 415, Abnegation wrote: also, what's your read on pc right now?
:mrgreen:
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:42 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 417, Abnegation wrote: that's actually e-1 because i voted.
UNVOTE:

Consider PC e-1 anyway. I'll wait until more people join the conversation.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:55 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 341, Bingle wrote: I'm vaguely okay with Black's content at the moment, but that could be a playstyle thing. I think she's being pretty reasonable with her interactions with people, and also I've liked a few of her takes, but that could well be that I'm wrong about things and she's taking advantage of it.

I think JW arguing that something is simultaneously mechanically proscum to push me and mechanically protown to make the thing more mechanically proscum is scum indicative. I think that's pretty clear from my posting?

Honestly, I've been kind of glazing over your back and forth with Black tonight and if I were to try and give it a read atm I'd say it feels like a TvT, but that's also not fair at all to the interaction because I'm burned out from 11 hours at work and skipping lunch, so I'll get back to you when my brain is a little bit less of a pile of mush. If you want, you could give me a teal dear of what you're picking up and I can give you an impression, but I'm certainly going to read it more closely tomorrow.
Can you point out where JW did that? I'm isoing him and i couldn't find what you're talking about.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:04 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 355, Kowahbunga wrote: I think Black and PC are town. If one isn't, I would say it's Black. At least one is, but I'm thinking both are.
Can you tell me why you think that? Point out a few posts that stick out please.
Formerly Dongempire
Donempire
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Donempire
No pref
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Donempire »

In post 376, Political Clout wrote:
In post 374, GuyInFreezer wrote: Abnegation replaces Deltabreedy
welcome what do you think of black?

so far a lot of people that is my feeling has said it's town v town. I think I can institute wisdom of the crowds here and say I'm wrong I would like fresh eyes to look at the interaction and see what they say first.
Black pointed this out but i'd like to point it out again. You're voting for me, and your first instinct is to ask about black? Wouldn't you want to know the alignment of the person you're putting on the chopping block first, or do you really have to prepare your d2 elim? Sorry to burst your bubble mate, neither of us are dying today or tomorrow.
Formerly Dongempire
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:17 am

Post by Abnegation »

In post 418, Donempire wrote:
In post 414, Abnegation wrote: @don - your reasons to vote kowah are fair, i just disagree with them. i don't think it's lack of conviction in a no-execution plan that's causing them to abandon the idea and vote people anyway. my impression of their posting is that they see their plan is highly unlikely to go anywhere and find it pointless to keep pressing the issue. to me, that's a plausible mindset to have as town. kowah, feel free to correct me on any of that if i've misread your posting.
It's one way to read it. But i believe post 243 contradicts your logic, as he says he "doesn't want to ruin 8 people's game" for his pushing this plan. If your theory is right and he is town pushing an idea he finds plausible, why would he be worried pushing this further would damage the game? The way he talks about it, it's a strategy that would break open the game, his exact words in his second post. So why would he not be steadfast on such a good strategy? For me, the pressure was starting to mount on him with a small wagon forming, so he tried to go back to tried and truth mafia gaming instead of raising too much eyebrows by having to defend his idea. As scum, you wouldn't want to be put under the spotlight, as town though it shouldn't matter being on e-1 if you were sure of your strategy and wanted it implemented.

Also the way he said 8 people is also suspect to me, as for town!kowah that also includes the 2 scum. Might be a personality thing, but if i had a button that revealed the 2 scum with no strings attached, i would press it as well as post mocking videos after the fact. So unless it's his conscience getting the best of him, why would he be afraid of ruining the game of scum? Maybe i'm overthinking it.

I understand your point. As scum you don't really have a benefit in pushing a dead on arrival strategy with such fervor. Since we've talked about his posts in detail already, i would also say it's important to consider how much of his posting has malice and how much of it has to do with ineptidute.
In post 415, Abnegation wrote: also, what's your read on pc right now?
:mrgreen:
i was actually thinking of when i wrote that.
i think you're right that personality may have something to do with it, and i also think you're misreading some context, but i don't know what more to say that hasn't already been said.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto
Abnegation
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Abnegation
she/her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:18 am

Post by Abnegation »

it would probably be good for kowah to respond to this discussion themself.
Show

to rely not on myself
until i disappear.

- abnegation manifesto

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”