Song Contest 203 (Results posted)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 7:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

One day I will submit something that isn't a woman showing off her voice.

But it is not this day.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

I accidentally submitted the wrong votes the first time and had to re-do the submission, I hope that doesn't mess things up. The form didn't save my answers, surprisingly.

Spoiler: I'm pretty sure it's cheating to submit a song by a recently deceased artist

eSwatini: Sinéad O'Connor & The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew

:o
You targeted this one at me, didn't you, whoever you are.
How have I never listened to Sinéad O'Connor before? This will shortly be remedied.
I want to go look up more stuff by these people NOW, not listen to the rest of the contest songs, my listening mood been spoiled.

Mount Celeste: Ben Prunty - Old Site (Black Moonrise Mix)

Solid chiptune, very atmospheric.

Wales: Raye - Black Mascara.

Impressive and engrossing audio effects- having the sound go from one ear to the other is one way to keep your attenion. I was a little concerned at first about the autotune but fortunately it featured real singing as well. Only the more spoken-words part kind of lost me- I can't understand what's being said that well but really don't want to hear about your cocaine, thanks.

Vatican City: Rapunzel's Tangled Adventure Cast - Nothing Left to Lose

Well this was obviously from a musical. I like musicals. Even without any context I could kinda get what was going on.

Mali: Self Esteem - Prioritise Pleasure

I probably wasn't quite in the right mood for this one (thanks eSwatini!) but I think I could've appreciated the trance-energy more in the right frame of mind.

Uqbar: Underscores - Spoiled Little Brat

I probably should've taken more of a break in between listening to Sinéad and this one. Talk about tonal shift. Bouncy and energetic that I could normally get into a little better but was still a little too overwhelmed.

Chile: OK Go - This

Not nearly as interesting as watching them collaborate with the Muppets, but not bad. It didn't quite keep my attention but it's a fine cheerful piece.

Peru: Andy Shauf - Try Again

Upbeat little bop, nothing fancy and felt a little repetitive but pleasant.

Wilber, Nebraska: Hardy ft. Jeremy McKinnon - Radio Song

Interesting concept, I'd have enjoyed it more if the metal part was more than just screaming an obscenity repeatedly.

Sweden: Ethereal Shroud - Chasmal Fires

After a minute of pretty much nothing but crackling I realized this was going to be the 28 minute one, opened my eyes to confirm it, then turned the lights off and started browsing imgur while listening. It didn't do anything to re-focus my attention on the track.

Chad: Emarosa - I Am Waves

Thank goodness it was short. Even so I was just about ready to break off before it finished and start writing about how I'd tuned out of the screaming in favor of wishing I was listening to Smells Like Nirvana instead.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance

Return to “General Discussion”