RED CROWN TOURNAMENT DAY SEVEN: The Contest of Bounty Hunters

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled
Pronoun: None

RED CROWN TOURNAMENT DAY SEVEN: The Contest of Bounty Hunters

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:11 pm

Post by AniX »

This one doesn’t need a lot of explanation to make sense: Zor’s out. I’m in. References need to be updated.

The Rules:
1. Search the forum for any official communications that are out of date. The most prominent (and probably most in dire need of correcting) are any references to Zoraster in his official capacity as Mafiascum Admin that need to be updated to instead direct users towards me, but it can be any reference, comment, direction, or other statement that is an official communication meant to be a resource or reference for users that is out of date.
2. Note this doesn’t mean “Someone called Zor admin on page 15 of GD” or “There is an announcement on page 2 of News that is no longer true”. It has to be something that a new user might inadvertently come across and believe to be true but which isn’t true any longer.
3. Once you have located these outdated reference, post a link to them here. You will be paid 4 points per outdated reference you find.
4. All subjective judgments will be made by the adminstrator of the Red Crown Tournament, otherwise known as me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!
DREAMER OF THE NE0N DREAM (SUPP 2021 LAST PLACE WINNER)!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Post by Ircher »

viewtopic.php?t=69388

I believe alt registration is now done via the UCP and isn't possible to do on the sign ups form anymore.
---
viewtopic.php?p=789343#p789343

Most of the references to zoraster got updated but this one didn't:

"If you believe a moderator is abusing their power, you may PM AniX directly, but you should only do so after you have attempted to discuss the matter with the moderator in question by PM. If after speaking to the discussion moderator and
Zoraster
, you feel that you have still been treated unfairly, you may discuss it with mith."

I think the image for reporting posts has also changed from what is in the post (you can see it if you look a little above):

"If you feel someone has crossed the line with regards to these rules, use the Report button (the [Image] button found on the upper right-hand portion of each post and PM)."
---
viewtopic.php?p=8911690#p8911690

The thread links to the old newbie queue:

"This thread is for moderators to announce requests for a replacement of a player in a game that they are moderating, and for interested players to find games in which to replace into. This thread is used for games ran through all queues with the exception of Newbie Games, for which replacements should be announced in the Newbie Game Queue."
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:47 pm

Post by schadd_ »

"the guide to appeals" viewtopic.php?t=71048

you edited the reference to it in forum rules & guidelines to say pm anix, but it's probably worth cannibalizing the OP of this thread and/or editing in something about how it's like you now and/or, you know, editing it to adapt to your own plans for how appeals are gonna work. theres posts #1 and #2 which is zor acknowledging his bias towards the articulate and equanimous and maybe you disavow that. MAYBE I AM POSTING SOMETHING YOU ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT

i just imagine some banned person mindlessly clicking through to the detailed appeals thread without noting that the person is anix now and then sending a message to zor who is, as i will now permanently imagine him doing, reclining on a beach in the bahamas and/or sitting while the queen has tea with him
Last edited by schadd_ on Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:54 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 0, AniX wrote: This one doesn’t need a lot of explanation to make sense: Zor’s out. I’m in.
also, reading the thread title and then these first sentences was very fun and exciting
free darius mccollum

AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:44 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 2, schadd_ wrote: "the guide to appeals" viewtopic.php?t=71048

you edited the reference to it in forum rules & guidelines to say pm anix, but it's probably worth cannibalizing the OP of this thread and/or editing in something about how it's like you now and/or, you know, editing it to adapt to your own plans for how appeals are gonna work. theres posts #1 and #2 which is zor acknowledging his bias towards the articulate and equanimous and maybe you disavow that. MAYBE I AM POSTING SOMETHING YOU ALREADY THOUGHT ABOUT

i just imagine some banned person mindlessly clicking through to the detailed appeals thread without noting that the person is anix now and then sending a message to zor who is, as i will now permanently imagine him doing, reclining on a beach in the bahamas and/or sitting while the queen has tea with him
I will give you half-points for this because it is something I've also thought about (and have a fix for, hush hush), but a bit different from what I'm looking for.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:20 pm

Post by schadd_ »

OP of feedback on moderation viewtopic.php?t=86636 which i assume is supposed to keep being a thread
In post 0, zoraster wrote:12. If you wish to complain about a specific moderator's conduct, report posts/PMs, contact another moderator or direct those to me either via PM or Discord DM (Zoraster#9525).
free darius mccollum

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 12:22 pm

Post by schadd_ »

i guess this is just a separate thing but it's probably worth getting rid of all the crossed out text at the top of that thread
free darius mccollum

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

He is still listed as an admin here, which might be confusing for new users.
AniX
AniX
None
UCalled
AniX
None
UCalled
UCalled

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:25 pm

Post by AniX »

In post 6, schadd_ wrote: i guess this is just a separate thing but it's probably worth getting rid of all the crossed out text at the top of that thread
Fair enough, I'll grant 2 points for this.
In post 7, Haschel Cedricson wrote: He is still listed as an admin here, which might be confusing for new users.
I will award 2 points for this because it IS technically true and will be something that will need to be changed, it is just something that is automatically generated. Zor will be removed from the list the moment he is removed from the Admin group, which will happen as soon as we are confident there isn't anything else he needs admin access to demonstrate or establish for me.
Official Gimmick List:
INVENTOR OF UPICK!
LORD OF THE 11TH HOUR!
ASEXUAL!
KING SCAR APOLOGIST!

I have donned the
RED CROWN
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Jul 26, 2023 4:24 am

Post by Cook »

viewtopic.php?p=12346736#p12346736

while an old communication, the list of staff has been updated in the past (2022), thus there is precedent for it.

not only is the list of admins inaccurate, i believe so too will the listmods list be inaccurate.
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
Cults With Guns //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//

Return to “General Discussion”