[SETUP] Extra Flip Nightless

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:16 pm

Post by the worst »

this reminds me a lil of secrets of the anuket topaz, which is like high-key one of my favourite setups

i suppose in lots of ways that shares similarities with 6:3 in this setup. it is higher scum agency and (i think) probably deliberately a bit closer towards balanced.

In post 9, usesPython wrote:It's nightless, mafia can't kill

The setup's really swingy and pretty much forces scum to powerwolf for the d2 win, might be more interesting to have the IC be granted if town gets limmed on d1 only to let scum bus as well as give town a chance for a comeback
this is worth remembering, to an extent, but it's a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy kinda situation too. scum are forced to make wild risky plays to get that coveted "deepwolf" position to catch an early win. but diligent town should be on the lookout for wild plays. so maybe that person overplaying is just, like, a worried townie

i do kind of abstractly agree that you avoid gameplay limitations by varying the core mechanic or introducing another mechanic. idk exactly how though!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:18 pm

Post by the worst »

suggestion which might get us a bit closer to that 50-55% sweet spot, and also increases agency... what if it were 7:3, and on the first mafia goon's flip, they had to IC a townie & had a choice to make a single nightkill?

note this could be used to remove perceived "weak link" scum from the game
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #19 (isolation #2) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:27 pm

Post by the worst »

oh rad!

we've tended to balance closed setups very slightly in favour of town, historically
totally personal opinion but i think opens are probably better balanced towards 50%, but with a slight preference for town ev
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #21 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 15, 2023 2:30 pm

Post by the worst »

oh of course - just mentioning for ev% context

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”