Mafiascum Wrestling Federation (The Road To ScummerSlam!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #85 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:06 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I have gotten a wrestling avatar and like it
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #94 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

The character Haschel sent me gives me million dollar man vibes. I will post it here shortly unless haschel would prefer i wait until after the fight. I will think of some cool intro and wrestling promo stuff when i get the chance for a post here later

When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #95 (isolation #2) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:41 am

Post by PokerFace »

The most coveted valuables in this world are time and money. I have a rather fortunate opportunity this Friday, that I will not squander. It will be a night 0 to remember. As the town sleeps, this reaper shall begin his ascent to the throne. A lottery of eliminations will play out where only I will remain. Are you... All /in?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (isolation #3) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was a fun stream to watch last friday. I look forward to scummer slam
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #117 (isolation #4) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 113, Haschel Cedricson wrote: 2) I am going to let the computer suggest some storylines/rivalries/bookings. My plan is that each show will have one "storyline" that I curate, room for storylines that emerge from promos people do or lore that is suggested to me, and then let the computer do the rest so we can see what sort of dynamic wackiness the AI has in store.

Is that a built in game feature now? Last time I bought a wrestling game was No Mercy and before that Wrestlemania 2000.
(No mercy had better mechanics while WM2000 had better story mode)

If that's a feature now, that makes the create a character experience even better. Are any of the spirit mechanics from back then still around? Any story mode like the one in Wrestlemania 2000 where you rise through the ranks fighting on cards to get wins and belts as you build your career?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #119 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Those story modes sound pretty cool. In "No Mercy" you earned titles by fighting as wrestlers in various storylines that actually existed in the WWE at the time the game came out. Storylines that featured The Rock, Nick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Stone Cold, etc. You could play as them or as a create a character which could cause some weirdness pending what events you unlocked and who had what title at the time. It was completely possible for you to be playing as The Rock asking for a Hell Yeah, while Steve Austin asked you to smell what Stone Cold was cooking. You could really warp the storylines that existed back then so that anyone could be a heal or face with any storyline. The John Cena mode you are describing sounds like a better version of this with less possibility for inconsistency

In Wrestlemania 2000 you were a rising wrestling star regardless of who you played as. You fought on fight cards against wrestlers whose difficulty grew over time pending on who you beat, who you challenged, what titles you earned, and who you selected as your tag partner. This story mode was better in my eyes since you had more choice and thus it felt like you were creating your own tales and not just participating in what was going on in the WWE at that time. It sounds like The Lock and The Legacy Modes could be like this. I think I would find those modes fun.

What are Spirit Mechanics you ask? There were a few wrestling games that Aki/Thq created back in the N64 console era. Two were for WCW vs NWO and two were for WWF. The 2 WCW vs NWO games (World Tour and Revenge in that order) came out first. And sometime later because money talks, the two WWF games came out (Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy in that order). All 4 of the games had similar button configs and mechanics. Your "health" was represented by a "spirit" bar. You could taunt or deal damage to your opponent to raise your spirit. When this bar was at its longest, it would flash red intensely. You could then taunt to unlock your special attack. Special attacks were usually a wrestler's finishing move. You would press and hold A to grab your opponent and then move the joystick to perform the finisher. You could do your special as many times as you want as long as your spirit bar was flashing the word "SPECIAL!". No mercy being the last of the 4 games had more moves, less glitches (outside the story), and the most refined mechanics of the games.

Return to “General Discussion”