Mafiascum Wrestling Federation (The Road To ScummerSlam!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Well well well, what do we have here, Ari?

Why, I think it's a foolish mortal who wants to take our titles!

It's somehow even dumber than that. It's
eight
foolish mortals.

Wait, I recognize some of them. Two of them have different partners than I've seen them with in the past. Not much of a chance to build team chemistry!

Well that should make things easier for the veteran team, right? Ari, how many victories does Sports! have?

I'd have to check my notes but I'm pretty sure it's zero!

Zero? That can't be right. Surely they won their last match, since there was nothing but sports equipment under the ring.

You'd think that would be like a golden elevator to the top... but for some reason they decided to take the stairs!

Well, even with no victories they still have more experience than Lee Radicals. It's a bold move to have their first match be in a #1 Contender bout.

Bold and stupid, I'd say!

Listen, mortals! We have conquered the summit of Olympus, and never shall we allow you lot into the Elysian Fields of Victory! So by all means, put on a good show for the fans. At ScummerSlam, Ari and I will give the fans an even better one - a show that ends once again with the Flim and Flam Memorial Belt around our waists.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:36 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

In post 99, Gregor M. Silverclaw wrote: A true, honest warrior is not one who kneels when told to kneel, begs when told to beg, or gives up at a moment's notice. It is one who fights with all they have and does not look down at or belittle another. What you do is use your title belt as a means to cruelty and power.

You and your clan have not been tested by a Silverclaw at this point, but you
will
know what it is like to falter by our hands. Count your days, for they are numbered.

Silverclaw is right, none of the champions in Raid: Shadow Legends give up. They continue to fight until you rise through the ranks to get premium prizes!
George Bailey
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:10 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

(Ego)
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

Gregor M. Silverclaw
Gregor M. Silverclaw
Not She/Her
Townie
Gregor M. Silverclaw
Not She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: Not She/Her

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:07 pm

Post by Gregor M. Silverclaw »

ATTENTION MISTYou are not the person I wanted to be addressing right now. But it's you that I must. And for that, I apologize. I commend you in your ability to take down the champion AniX, who through his own grandiose sense of ego created a new belt out of thin air to suit AniX's own needs. This is the true work of a hero. And you've clearly shown your abilities in other areas as well because your fight against Shea proved your true worth as a competitor.

However, I will not let the MWF succumb to T-Bone and his reign. If this is my only path towards the cleansing of our arena then this is the path I will take. You are the obstacle in front of me, and so it is with a heavy heart I will have to take you down. My deepest and most sincere apologies for having to strip this title from you that you rightfully earned. I wish you all the best, but I must.

I challenge you for the UPick Championship Belt. May the best competitor win.
If the only path forward is difficult, it's still better than none. I'll meet you there.

Headmate within
The Den
. When one is not enough, there are always more.
Silverclaw
is the main account.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:03 pm

Here's the Road To ScummerSlam!

Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:07 pm

kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:32 pm

Post by kdowns »

Oram pulling double duty. Hopefully oram isn’t dead by the title match
ORAM
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
ORAM
She/Her
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:33 am

Post by ORAM »

It's alright, the league needs its jobbers too
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:46 am

Post by T-Bone »

That it does
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:12 am

Post by Black »

In post 106, kdowns wrote: Oram pulling double duty. Hopefully oram isn’t dead by the title match
Meanwhile I'm not even on the card. Sigh
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 10:53 am

ORAM has been replaced with Shea for the Battle Royal.

Black will definitely be in the first post-PPV show. The roster has grown since Showdown at the Speakeasy and doing another “everyone is here!” would make the show go on even more ridiculously long than it will be, especially with the number of 1-on-1 matches we have to have.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:49 am

Post by PokerFace »

Was a fun stream to watch last friday. I look forward to scummer slam
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:43 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

Work made me miss my own debut :(
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:11 pm

In post 112, Radical Rat wrote: Work made me miss my own debut :(
If it makes you feel better, your debut was actually last week!

Anyway, ScummerSlam is up on YouTube!

A few notes:

1) Now that my summer vacation is over and I'm working again, I suspect that a full show every week is not going to be sustainable. Instead I am going to try for two-week blocks with Nightkill every other Friday and then Clash maybe every other Sunday or some point relatively close to the Nightkills. The point is I'll have two weeks instead of one.

2) I am going to let the computer suggest some storylines/rivalries/bookings. My plan is that each show will have one "storyline" that I curate, room for storylines that emerge from promos people do or lore that is suggested to me, and then let the computer do the rest so we can see what sort of dynamic wackiness the AI has in store.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 01, 2023 7:45 pm

Post by kuribo »

I'll have a promo once I don't sound like a congested mess and I'm not chugging cough syrup
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:21 am

Post by kuribo »

Live from the covid cave, I address the results of scummerslam and put the tag teams of this industry on notice
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Sep 05, 2023 11:15 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I would like to thank my SDC member Kuribo for being at ring side watching my DISMANTLING of Shadoweh... And providing my revenge for that cheap attack the previous week. The chair shots will ring and echo for any who want to fight the Phoenix Ascendant. The Queen of Flame.

If you step in a fight with me, don't expect to walk back out the same woman.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 3:32 am

Post by PokerFace »

In post 113, Haschel Cedricson wrote: 2) I am going to let the computer suggest some storylines/rivalries/bookings. My plan is that each show will have one "storyline" that I curate, room for storylines that emerge from promos people do or lore that is suggested to me, and then let the computer do the rest so we can see what sort of dynamic wackiness the AI has in store.

Is that a built in game feature now? Last time I bought a wrestling game was No Mercy and before that Wrestlemania 2000.
(No mercy had better mechanics while WM2000 had better story mode)

If that's a feature now, that makes the create a character experience even better. Are any of the spirit mechanics from back then still around? Any story mode like the one in Wrestlemania 2000 where you rise through the ranks fighting on cards to get wins and belts as you build your career?
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 5:03 am

In post 117, PokerFace wrote: Is that a built in game feature now? Last time I bought a wrestling game was No Mercy and before that Wrestlemania 2000.
(No mercy had better mechanics while WM2000 had better story mode)

If that's a feature now, that makes the create a character experience even better. Are any of the spirit mechanics from back then still around? Any story mode like the one in Wrestlemania 2000 where you rise through the ranks fighting on cards to get wins and belts as you build your career?
I have no idea what the spirit mechanics are so I'm going to say no.

As for story mode, there are actually three! One of them is a retrospective where John Cena reflects on some of his most iconic losses, and you play as his opponent in each one. During the match it will sometimes ask you to do specific moves, and then when you land it the game seamlessly transitions to the real TV footage for a cutscene. This is how you unlock Kurt Angle, Rob Van Dam, and retro versions of a whole bunch of other wrestlers.

The other two modes are called "The Lock" and "The Legacy" and are gated depending on your custom wrestler's gender. In The Lock, you play as a complete asshole who gets mad that WWE won't give him a title shot fast enough, gets fired, and then has to work his way back by dominating indie wrestling circuits until Shawn Michaels has no choice but to allow him back. In The Legacy, you play as a talented rookie wrestler who everybody assumes was a nepotism hire because your aunt is a retired women's champ.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 09, 2023 9:00 am

Post by PokerFace »

Those story modes sound pretty cool. In "No Mercy" you earned titles by fighting as wrestlers in various storylines that actually existed in the WWE at the time the game came out. Storylines that featured The Rock, Nick Foley, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Chris Jericho, Stone Cold, etc. You could play as them or as a create a character which could cause some weirdness pending what events you unlocked and who had what title at the time. It was completely possible for you to be playing as The Rock asking for a Hell Yeah, while Steve Austin asked you to smell what Stone Cold was cooking. You could really warp the storylines that existed back then so that anyone could be a heal or face with any storyline. The John Cena mode you are describing sounds like a better version of this with less possibility for inconsistency

In Wrestlemania 2000 you were a rising wrestling star regardless of who you played as. You fought on fight cards against wrestlers whose difficulty grew over time pending on who you beat, who you challenged, what titles you earned, and who you selected as your tag partner. This story mode was better in my eyes since you had more choice and thus it felt like you were creating your own tales and not just participating in what was going on in the WWE at that time. It sounds like The Lock and The Legacy Modes could be like this. I think I would find those modes fun.

What are Spirit Mechanics you ask? There were a few wrestling games that Aki/Thq created back in the N64 console era. Two were for WCW vs NWO and two were for WWF. The 2 WCW vs NWO games (World Tour and Revenge in that order) came out first. And sometime later because money talks, the two WWF games came out (Wrestlemania 2000 and No Mercy in that order). All 4 of the games had similar button configs and mechanics. Your "health" was represented by a "spirit" bar. You could taunt or deal damage to your opponent to raise your spirit. When this bar was at its longest, it would flash red intensely. You could then taunt to unlock your special attack. Special attacks were usually a wrestler's finishing move. You would press and hold A to grab your opponent and then move the joystick to perform the finisher. You could do your special as many times as you want as long as your spirit bar was flashing the word "SPECIAL!". No mercy being the last of the 4 games had more moves, less glitches (outside the story), and the most refined mechanics of the games.

Return to “General Discussion”