Ausuka ranks Pokémon starters (COMPLETE)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Fri Oct 06, 2023 12:04 am

Post by Isis »

Are we counting Pikachu

Whoa we are it's int the post
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #50 (isolation #1) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:51 pm

Post by Isis »

the fire type is vulpix because you wouldn't betray us by picking any less cute fire type for this top toppy list
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #52 (isolation #2) » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:55 pm

Post by Isis »

at whose feet shall we lay the blame for that
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #107 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:53 pm

Post by Isis »

popplio is such a dark horse
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #125 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Isis »

Gen1 has a unique thing where a couple types "needed to" be together unless you rebutted the presumption they shouldn't be

Rocks needed to be ground unless you soaked them or threw them in the air (golem line, Onix)

Grass needed to be poison, unless you were big brain, or had buggy little pincers, or you.. wore shoes? Tangela was this fascinating exception in a game that usually seemed pretty willing to throw a second typing onto pokemon if it made sense, and Tangela still learned poison powder. Tangela feels so mildly out of place in gen1 and it's kind of delightful. (Venusaur, Vileplume, victreebel lines for grasspoison)

Ice needed to also be water if you aren't an avian manifestation of the ice element or a frigid psychic. This is the one where both of the designs are somewhat more, yeah, the repeated typing makes some sense, dewgong, Cloister, and Lapras. I think it's still slightly odd. If Ice did not need a typing quota, and ghost didn't seem to, Lapras would work rather well as a pure water type.

Lastly, flying types were normal unless they were Jurassic, buggy, legendary, or dragonesque (Pidgeot, fearow, farfetched)
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #128 (isolation #5) » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:19 am

Post by Isis »

!
"Well, I..."

Return to “General Discussion”