Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 02, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Kop »

Hi

I'm Kop.

I will need to fully read up before I can contribute properly.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 03, 2023 8:55 pm

Post by Kop »

Sorry I'm late to the party, work has been quite hectic.

I've read up to page 8.

The whole argument between FL and RN is TvT over the course of the 8 pages. It feels like genuine frustrated townies in how they are trying to sort through the confusion and getting there points across when both are being stubborn and not listening.

I'm going to read the rest of the pages when I wake up, and haven't got my head planted on the keyboard.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 287, bugspray wrote: Didn't read anything since the Mason claim just wanna put into zeitgeist that if someone other than the Masons dies tonight there should be a very good reason
I don't like that it's been mentioned several times up to this point, that it was a fake claim, and he still hasn't seen it.

Feels like he is trying to put shade on it when it's actually false.
In post 295, TheHoldSteady wrote: This feels like its going nowhere. I'm tempted to just hammer Enchant and see what happens. At least we'd get plenty of information from the flip.
I dislike that he is willing to hammer at this point when there is days left into this phase. Yeah the game may be not going anywhere, but there is still time that things can happen and posts made. Hammering at this point is just devoiding time for others to get involved, IMO. If it was 1 or 2 days before deadline, I'd expect it to be at the end or thereabouts, but not several days. I think this was made Friday nearly 5 days ago.
In post 308, Enchant wrote: Eh.

My prediction that newbie flaked. If not it's extremely suspicious, as newbie would be excited to play and would bother to post.

I forgot name but i called them mason.

... atleast i was excited to play even when i rolled mafia first time.
Something doesn't feel right with this post. I can't quite put my finger on it right now, but I'll leave it here and I'll eventually find the point I'm thinking of.
In post 346, TheHoldSteady wrote: Sorry not , I mean . Frankly I'm still seeing at as more.of a town rage quit than a scum rage quit but wondering if anyone has different views.
I don't look into these in that sort of fashion. It's NAI in my opinion, and we don't know what is really going on in there life beyond the mafia game.

I'm still catching up, hopefully I'll have the last few pages done by the morning when I've finished work.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #464 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:27 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 356, Enchant wrote: Bugspray

Reads until mason claim
Stop reading
Say "wow if masons are not killed it's sus"
Refuse to elaborate
Leave

At first i was pissed, then i wondered that it's great opportunity to kill me and if bug is mafia, partner most likely suggested to pile up or atleast informed so bug probably would react about it in thread. It's not like they gonna eat flak for "Enchant lied" or anything.

So bugspray looking bad is somehow good for them.

... did too scum to be scum work for once huh?

Pretty much Bugs, it's hard to form a read on a player who play is based on this. It kind of reminds me a bit like Not Mafia at times.

I'm not going for low hanging fruit, but bug is not a player I'd want around towards the end of the game because those doubts are never going to be eased. So I'm not sure, if he's town, what do we gain from it information wise? And if he flips scum, can we draw any associates to who his partner could possibly be?

THS made a post or two that struck me coming from town. But that doesn't account for his earlier posts that put him in the spot light and one or two posts aren't exactly considered to be redeemable.

In post 406, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 402, Nautical Dawn wrote: My preferred lims for the day are Steady, Enchant, bugspray. Preference for Steady, other two have been flipping back and forth in my head a bit.
In post 385, Enchant wrote:
In post 384, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 383, Enchant wrote: What figure to

I am obviously town
You haven't said anything about my case and then you voted me. What are your actual thoughts on it?
That if we don't want to wagon someone at last day of deadline just to run in panic when they claim innocent child, we gonna start deciding already.

I want to vote kitty yet no one else cares so i am voting you cuz big wagon.
I don't know that this makes Enchant town but I like them bringing it up, we don't want a deadline scramble.
a little paranoia that that happens to be my 3, but I'm afraid of going Bugspray because it feels like an easy out, but i do see how they could be scum. I think they played a lurk game if scum, and it worked for the reasons being I cant see a good reason to vote them over one of the other two.

I'm in the same sort of mindset in regards to Bug but to what I posted above this quote, Bug isn't going to be one of those players that I'd want to have at the back end of the game, unless he has 100% been confirmed by investigation that he is town.

But I don't want to be the player that eliminates someone because they seem to be the easiest way out without any ramifications after it.

---------------------------

I'm going to quickly ISO and I'll be having my vote down.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #4) » Wed Oct 04, 2023 8:46 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 164, Nautical Dawn wrote:
In post 162, Random Nurse wrote:
Nautical Dawn:
I DO find it curious why she placed her vote there, devoid of reasoning, and has left it there ever since. I wonder if she's lining up lims, considering she's already mentioning who she's wanting to lim Day 2.
I put it there as a joke and didn’t bother to move it because I haven’t decided where I want to vote for real. I can unvote for now though.

UNVOTE:

Took me a minute to figure out where you got the Day 2 thing, by “tomorrow” I meant irl-tomorrow and not D2.

I don't like this unvote manner, it feels too much like trying to appease.
In post 174, Nautical Dawn wrote:
In post 172, Flavor Leaf wrote: Why THS over Nuclear if you scum read them both?
I scumread them about equally, THS is just where my focus is right now, plus they haven't had much pressure yet and I'm curious how they react to it.

If you scum read them equally, surely you push all slots in order to try gain a better read, rather than sitting on one waiting to see how they react to pressure?
In post 304, Nautical Dawn wrote:
In post 185, TheHoldSteady wrote:
In post 151, Nautical Dawn wrote:
In post 48, Skellen wrote:
In post 45, TheHoldSteady wrote: You all are looking at this at the wrong angle. I was scraping at something to help us get out of RVS because everything posted before the table told us absolutely nothing.

I saw someone else voted RN before me, but I didn't realize it was the same person voting twice. That's why I was like "RN is already at E-2, I'd better unvote to make sure we don't end this prematurely."
Figured that you counted both bugspray votes, my question was more concerning what made you think RN could have gotten voted out already at page 2 at alleged E-2? Felt iffy with bugspray's vote or something else?

It's just a bit odd that you said like three times on this page how you have to scrape something to get out of RVS when you did the instant backwards roll, even doubling down with which kind of weakened your attempt immediately.
+town and I like what you're getting at here. Once is nothing out of the ordinary, three times is overkill.
This is bewildering to me

You all kept asking "THS, why the table?" and I kept re-explaining and then I'm scum for explaining it too much?
In post 219, TheHoldSteady wrote: I don't know what differently you want me to have done here. Dawn's only case against me was that I responded to the same question three different people asked me three times? That I stopped your seemingly incorrect push on Nuke and asked the people who weren't contributing to post so we had more content? Should I have just ignored the repeated questions? What difference would that have made?
I don't scumread you for "explaining it too much," I scumread you because you made a series of posts that looked to me like you were overly concerned with looking towny.

You've also made it out like a bunch of people were questioning you when that's not what happened. For example, all I said was that the table was NAI, but the response was this:
In post 47, TheHoldSteady wrote: It might not be but you have to start somewhere or else we're going to waste several days not doing anything.
This response feels defensive as you've already explained your view and my post wasn't even saying anything about you.

I guess the timing of kind of looks like it was directed at you? Did you think it was? It wasn't. It makes a little more sense if you did think that though.
In post 230, TheHoldSteady wrote: Dawn's case was basically "hmm, doing TOO MANY town things here"

Like God, I'm scum read for knowing what I need to do to win the game.

It was a laughably weak case and I think you're scum for calling it good.
Literally no one bases a scumread on "they did too many town things" and this isn't a good-faith representation of my case even if you are town.

What does towny look like? I've seen cases pushed based on he's trying to hard to look towny and it's not a good enough reason for me personally to think their scum because they are trying too hard to look towny.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 05, 2023 3:22 am

Post by Kop »

VOTE: Bugspray
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:25 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 484, Flavor Leaf wrote: I think both scum are on that Bugspray wagon. If I’m wrong on that, the Nautical Dawn + 1 on Bugs.

I’m leaning RN for sure. They TMI’d Holdsteady hard.

Kop I’m in the middle. They look townie on paper, but I can see potential for scum play there. Solid scum play, though.

Skellen hopped from Holdsteady onto Bugs. Kind of a weird kill if scum. Kind of a weird kill overall, but it implies scum didn’t want to misfade there.

Enchant was a potential counter wagon, so it could make sense to move to Bugs early to try and avoid counter wagon on themselves.

I don’t see Kitty as scum here.

Nautical is planning to come after me if they are scum, I feel, so I’ll be able to figure that out.

Gut is saying it’s RN/Kop right now.
In my thinking, it's kinda similar to yours on this.

RN pocketed THS, and I'd guess killed THS knowing that there is no connection or suspicion around it.

Skellen I can't see being scum, THS would be a weird kill because he I would think would have kept THS alive and hope that he can get the wagon going again on THS the next day.

Enchant was a wagon that would have been considered and now that I read back, I felt that she was pushing Bug over THS because it had less resistance.

I'd go for Enchant/RN personally at this moment.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:59 pm

Post by Kop »

It looks bad that I'm the last person to claim, but I'm a VT.

Everything may point to me, because I haven't exactly set the world alight in showcasing that I am actually town. But I am town.

I was kinda shocked that Enchant actually flipped town, but maybe I got into the conf bias from FL and not seeing the wood for the trees.

However, with the current claims that have been published, I'm slightly worried about RN claim. You suspect Skellen, surely after the first roleblock you'd look elsewhere? I mean looking through your ISO, you never really pushed Skellen as much as you make out you suspect him.

It doesn't give me confidence after you asking the question who has claimed so far.

So right now, I'm disbelieving your claim, because it's a claim that you can't really back up. And 3 PR's in a small micro, I find that unusual.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:51 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 639, Flavor Leaf wrote: I usually feel when I am in a pocket, though, and have a big sense of paranoia with the slot, i think if it's not you, it's probably ND/Kop.

Skellen killing Holdsteady and then not going for me or ND is really weird imo. Holdsteady town read Skellen heavily.

I guess so did you, though, so if you're town that was genuine.
Do you not think that would be a good reason for THS to be killed as it wouldn't draw as much suspicion as it would if he suspected him?

I mean I thought the kill never made sense at the time, as it felt a weird kill, but looking over it now, it would make sense from a POV that it was Skellen that put the idea of him to be killed N1.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by Kop »

I was getting paranoia that FL was scum because of the way the game has been dictated, and a lot of FL suspicions have flipped town, but that crumbs and roleclaim has put me off the whole idea that FL may have been scum in this game.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:55 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 635, Flavor Leaf wrote: UNVOTE: RN

this game is so good

i have absolutely no clue lol
What made you back off so easily?

I mean I don't have a clue right now, but you kinda backed off quite quickly.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:07 pm

Post by Kop »

Fair enough, I just get a little paranoid when at the rear end of the game, when someone votes and the person answers to that vote with that type of defence, then the person unvotes, it's like trying to showcase that your town to something you can point back too in the next phase.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:18 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 652, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 649, Kop wrote: Fair enough, I just get a little paranoid when at the rear end of the game, when someone votes and the person answers to that vote with that type of defence, then the person unvotes, it's like trying to showcase that your town to something you can point back too in the next phase.
why do i need to point back to anything but my claim
You've obviously misread my post, I was relatively speaking about a scenario.

I did see your vote, but never made a comment on it as I quickly glanced whilst I was at work, and did originally think to myself why is he voting as it'd give scum a chance to hammer if RN was town. And why were we rushing through without ND or Skellen having much of a say.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 654, Random Nurse wrote: It could be that you me and Kop are Town and Skellen and ND are just hunkered bacck in their bunker salivating for one of us to vote the other.
This could be a possible scenario, were they around at the time of the vote from FL?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #14) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:20 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 654, Random Nurse wrote: It could be that you me and Kop are Town and Skellen and ND are just hunkered bacck in their bunker salivating for one of us to vote the other.
This could be a possible scenario, were they around at the time of the vote from FL?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:22 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 657, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 655, Kop wrote:
In post 652, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 649, Kop wrote: Fair enough, I just get a little paranoid when at the rear end of the game, when someone votes and the person answers to that vote with that type of defence, then the person unvotes, it's like trying to showcase that your town to something you can point back too in the next phase.
why do i need to point back to anything but my claim
You've obviously misread my post, I was relatively speaking about a scenario.

I did see your vote, but never made a comment on it as I quickly glanced whilst I was at work, and did originally think to myself why is he voting as it'd give scum a chance to hammer if RN was town. And why were we rushing through without ND or Skellen having much of a say.
I was confident.

Now I'm not. I wouldn't have voted if I wasn't ready for the game to end in that moment.

It didn't end.

And it's interesting to me that you noticed it and chose not to say anything.
I generally read if I get two minutes at work, but don't like posting because the game wouldn't have my full attention.

I also don't like being in the rear end of the game when it's in the balance when at work as I rush decisions and end up costing us games because I rushed in halfheartedly.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #696 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:02 pm

Post by Kop »

Little bit frustrated with myself that I allowed myself to put my paranoia back in my box, than pushing it to see what would stick in regards to FL.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #697 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:05 pm

Post by Kop »

I didn't appear that I was going to push it, but as soon as I saw the claim, it kinda put me in the frame of my mind to look elsewhere.

Yeah I started to ease on RN but I was talking to myself different scenarios that I never put into writing or pushing it.

I should have just went for Dawn at the start when I pressed a little too, than switching to Bugs.

Ah well.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:13 pm

Post by Kop »

In post 699, Enchant wrote: Mafia claims have two edges.

They are either really poorly, something which town mindset never does.
... And "too perfect".

Exceptions exist obviously.
I think the issue with FL was the fact that he had crumbs to back up his claim, and that's what was throwing me that it's "too perfect".

If he hadn't crumbed anything then I may have seen it in a different light, like RN and the 2 attempts at RB Skellen it made me suspicious about the claim more than FL.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 7:18 pm

Post by Kop »

I have to add that whilst I wasn't a big contributor and my thought process may have looked scummy, was the fact that I joined in with 16 or so pages into the game, I was coming from behind and my motivation at times disappears as my working hours didn't allow me to read through and digest everything in one sitting, so it was done in stages.

I think if I joined in at the start of the game, my play might have been different as I'd have been able to keep up with play, and be able to keep up with the game play, rather than reading, break, reading more, break, then trying to keep up with the newer posts being made.
You'll Never Walk Alone!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”