Deck of Astral Roles: Reopened [Completed]

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:31 am

Post by Skygazer »

town edward snowden
(
town
/ edward snowden)

each night, you may target another player. assuming no interference with your action, any non-factional private topics your target belongs to will be made public and linked to by the moderator in the game thread. masonries are not considered factional topics.
Last edited by Skygazer on Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by Skygazer »

mod chooses after picks rainbow
(
mod chooses after picks
/ rainbow)

hello you beautiful intangible refractions. you may use each of these abilities once per game, at any time (when useable). you are multitasking.

random
- pick a player; every time they vote for the following day phase, the moderator will instead randomize their vote. this may only be used at night.

occult
- neighborize a dead player before they join the dead thread. they will not have access to the dead thread. you get a chance to do this after each death.

yuck
- select a player. that player will be hated for the following day phase; they will have publicly have an extra vote on them at all times from a nonexistant player named "yuck." this vote counts against them but should not affect the player count. this may only be used at night.

gladiate
- pick a target. only you or your target may be voted out today (unless one of you dies before the day ends). you may only use this during the day. the moderator should reset the vote count and announce the gladiation but not what prompted it.

bellow
- if you post in all caps for an entire day phase, you gain the ability to kill a player at any time. this kill will occur instantly during the day, or at the end of the night at night. this kill is unpreventable.

implicate
- give a player a "miller" modifier as defined by normal guidelines. this may be used at any time.

vendor
- give a player a noun of your choice (examples: fruit, pancake, bees, Lisinopril, or mud). they will not know you sent it. this may only be used at night.
Last edited by Skygazer on Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:56 am

Post by Skygazer »

mod chooses after picks fructophobe
(
mod chooses after picks
/ fructophobe)

you will reflexively attempt to kill any player that sends you fruit.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #81 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Skygazer »

mod chooses after picks fructophile
(
mod chooses after picks
/ fructophile)

if someone gives you a fruit, you'll become a lover with the sender of that fruit. this means that if they die, you die; additionally, if you die, they die.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #824 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town swingy shady shopkeeper
(
town
/ swingy shady shopkeeper)

you are a town swingy shady shopkeeper. hopefully you can figure out your win condition, because i'm not going to put it here. if you don't know what town means: 1) this is a bold first game choice and 2) good luck.

every player, aside from yourself, starts with $100. you start with zero dollars :
(

each night, while you are still alive, every living player can forgo their night action (unless they are multitasking) to purchase and immediately use one of the abilities listed below. they pay you, but they do not learn of your identity. you, however, learn of each player's purchases.

starting on night two, all of the money you earned on the previous night will be used to randomly purchase abilities from your shop and randomly target a single player with all of them. the randomization process is as followed: while you have money, any of the abilities you can afford will be purchased at random. when you are out of money, i will randomly select one player that went into the night phase alive for each purchased ability. after that i will target them with said ability. you are eligible for selection, and players are eligible to be selected more than once. you will be informed of the abilities, targets and any results.

everything below the line will be sent to the other players each night, with "x" equaling the amount of money they currently have.

hello! this is the town shop. the shopkeeper is a player and can see your purchases, but you can't make out their identity for some reason. all proceeds may fund questionable deeds. you can make purchases any night while the shopkeeper is still alive, but your funds will never replenish. you may target any player, including yourself. you may only purchase one ability per night, and you may not use this with any other night actions (unless you have the multitasking modifier). the percentages dictate the odds of each action's success.

your cash:
$x

ability / price

10% alignment cop / $100
50% vigilante / $100
50% rolecop / $75
50% alien / $75
50% doctor / $50
50% roleblock / $50
90% motion detector / $25
100% neighborizer / $25
1% vigilante / $2
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #827 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town multitasking compulsive poisoner
(
town
/ multitasking compulsive poisoner)

each night, you must target another player. assuming no interference, you can choose to either
poison
them or
fake-poison
them. poisoned targets will die when the next night phase starts. fake-poisoned targets won't die. all targeted players will be told they will die at the start of the next night, however. you may use this ability alongside any other abilities you may have.

the moderator should decide how they want to handle the compulsive modifier in the event you don't submit an action, and describe their solution below (if this is blank, congrats! you are no longer compulsive!):
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #828 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 27, 2023 5:11 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town traitor
(
town
/ traitor)

you are aligned with the town, but none of your teammates know your alignment at the start of the game. if you are the last town-aligned player alive, you and your faction lose, and you exit the game.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #855 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:19 am

Post by Skygazer »

town skill-swapper
(
town
/ skill-swapper)

each night, you may target two players (including yourself!). assuming no interference, the selected players will swap roles with each other (but not alignments). the selected players will not know what prompted the swap, uhhh unless they check this thread i guess.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #866 (isolation #8) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:06 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town hurt tag enabler
(
town
/ hurt tag enabler)

at the beginning of the game, the moderator will announce an unnamed player has received this card.

while you are alive, each hurt tag (HURT: playername or [hurt
]playername[/hurt
]) directed towards a living target has a 5% chance of killing the target and ending the day. hurt tags have a 24 irl-hour cool-down time. if a player uses hurt tags while in this cool-down period, the hurt tag has a 50% chance of backfiring, killing the player who used it. players may self-target.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #867 (isolation #9) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 4:13 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town compulsive scumbag
(
town
/ compulsive scumbag)

each night, you
must
target a player. the player you target will be so disgusted by your actions that they'll start the next day voting you, and not be able to change their vote for the rest of the day phase.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #879 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:00 am

Post by Skygazer »

town compulsive sporemonger
(
town
/ compulsive sporemonger)

you're like a warmonger but with spores, i guess? dangerous spores. but crucially, you mixed up your spores and don't know what's what. each night you must target a player, and they'll (unknowingly) have one of the following random toxin effects applied (these toxins are found in various fungi; every night, each toxin has an equal chance of being selected):

alpha-amanitin - dies at the end of the night
phallotoxin - can't vote for the following day phase
orellanine - dies at the end of the following day
muscimol - any targets and investigative results will be randomized that night (due to hallucinations)
coprine - dies at the end of the night if their role pm mentions alcohol
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #903 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:43 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town mead maker
(
town
/ mead maker)

on day one, you start fermenting your honey. if the game is still going in eight "irl" months, it will have aged well enough, and you'll gain the ability to vend mead (like how a "Normal" fruit vendor would vend fruit)
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #918 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 03, 2023 4:20 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town trader but people keep mispronouncing your name
(
town
/ trader but people keep mispronouncing your name)

you start with three berries. they do nothing. you may, at the moderator's discretion, target a player to trade your entire inventory for their entire inventory. if they do not have any items in their inventory, your action fails. your target will be notified of the trade but not who performed it. inventory includes: inventions, items that have mechanical use, ___ vendor items, items mentioned as flavor, and anything else that the mod might determine is an "item." any mechanical aspects of the items pass over as well when the trade occurs.

oh and also every kind of investigation acts as if you are a mafia traitor.

mod note: the tradeable items should be determined prior to the start of the game
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #940 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 04, 2023 12:59 pm

Post by Skygazer »

town banana phone sender
(
town
/ banana phone sender)

ring ring ring ring ring. each night, you may target a player. the moderator will send them a private message (subject: "listen to this. or else.") containing this link, and only this link: https://youtube.com/watch?v=j5C6X9vOEkU

the moderator will send frequent follow-up PMs (visible mod note: these are to be improvised by the moderator) until the player gives a definitive yes or no. if your target says yes, the moderator should stop bugging them. if your target says no, the moderator will immediately modkill your target.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #971 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:42 am

Post by Skygazer »

town co-moderator
(
town
/ co-moderator)

good news! you've been promoted! you won't get a raise, and you still have to do your old job (play this game), but you also have these fun new responsibilities (as long as you are alive):

- you will post every vote count. the moderator will post zero vote counts until your death. you must post at least one vote count every [length of prod timer], or you'll be prodded. your vote counts override reality, so any mistakes or intentional inaccuracies will be treated as fact. for example, if it takes five votes to execute, and Skygazer has zero votes, but you post a vote count that shows Skygazer has five votes, the moderator will process Skygazer's execution at their earliest convenience (you can also extend or shorten deadlines as desired).

- at the start of the game, you will submit a list to the moderator containing guesses for each player's role and alignment. you may update the list at any time. the moderator will use this to determine public flips. upon your death, the moderator will post the dead players' actual roles and alignments.

- days must last at least 72 hours

- if a majority of the players vote for you, you will be fired (and die in the game)
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #972 (isolation #15) » Mon Nov 06, 2023 9:47 am

Post by Skygazer »

town scrungly delinquent kitten
(
town
/ scrungly delinquent kitten)

you're just a cute lil annoying fella. some people love you, some people hate you. at the start of the game, the moderator will flip a coin for every player. for players that get heads, their votes won't count towards you. for players that get tails, their votes will count as two votes towards you. this will
not
be reflected in the vote count, and only the moderator will know who loves and hates you.
i have the most queues
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1001 (isolation #16) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 12:34 am

Post by Skygazer »

In post 979, Not Known 15 wrote:
Vanilla Townie

In post 971, Skygazer wrote:
town co-moderator
(
town
/ co-moderator)

good news! you've been promoted! you won't get a raise, and you still have to do your old job (play this game), but you also have these fun new responsibilities (as long as you are alive):

- you will post every vote count. the moderator will post zero vote counts until your death. you must post at least one vote count every [length of prod timer], or you'll be prodded. your vote counts override reality, so any mistakes or intentional inaccuracies will be treated as fact. for example, if it takes five votes to execute, and Skygazer has zero votes, but you post a vote count that shows Skygazer has five votes, the moderator will process Skygazer's execution at their earliest convenience (you can also extend or shorten deadlines as desired).

- at the start of the game, you will submit a list to the moderator containing guesses for each player's role and alignment. you may update the list at any time. the moderator will use this to determine public flips. upon your death, the moderator will post the dead players' actual roles and alignments.
That's going a bit too far - there's
nothing
townies without vanillaizers or killing roles can do against you.
ye I'll tweak soon to allow for town mutinies whoops
i have the most queues

Return to “Mafia Discussion”