DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

hi sorry this thread got buried
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:34 pm

Post by DkKoba »

can u just make the tracker lazy and its probably fine?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by DkKoba »

tracker in micros are incredibly strong and swingy in a way that makes it almost impossible for scum to recover off a day 1 scum death
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #20 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:42 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 19, Alisae wrote: wait no lazy isn't a simple modifier
wtf lmao
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

i did not even catch lazy being excluded from simple, this complicates things
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #23 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 21, Alisae wrote:
In post 20, DkKoba wrote:
wtf lmao
what about a jailkeeper instead of a tracker?
same problem xd
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #24 (isolation #7) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

ok how about this:

Novice Tracker
Odd Night Neapolitan

reintroduce the roleblocker
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #25 (isolation #8) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

oh we axed the neap
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #27 (isolation #9) » Tue Nov 07, 2023 2:48 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Mafia Roleblocker
Mafia Goon

Town 1-Shot BP
Town Novice Tracker
Town Odd-Night Neapolitan
VT x4

probably a bad setup tbh

alternatively:

Mafia Goon x2

Town 1-Shot BP
Town Even Night Tracker
VT x5
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (isolation #10) » Wed Nov 08, 2023 12:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 32, Ausuka wrote:
In post 20, DkKoba wrote:
wtf lmao
I do not think tracker as a role needs nerfing. BP + full tracker vs goons has about 40% town winrate
as an open
, statistically.

I would strongly advise you do not pass a more scumsided version of that, frankly, especially for a game we are advertising as suitable for new players, although I am not a reviewer here.
And it's also swingy in the wrong way, I'm more concerned about swing
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #42 (isolation #11) » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

It's almost certain that mafia will lose off a day 1 elimination, essentially, which would just lead to an incredibly frustrating experience.

(Tracker just isn't a great 9p role imo for this reason)
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #48 (isolation #12) » Wed Nov 08, 2023 2:11 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 44, Ausuka wrote: Like if mafia get eliminated d1 and get tracked n1 and also don't kill the tracker, in the nicest way possible that is kind of their problem?
Moreso suddenly you have PoE slots getting cleared

Snowball effect etc.

Guess just my own personal philosophy not to allow snowball mechanics that kick an alignment while they're down
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #13) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:47 am

Post by DkKoba »

I expect a town stomp if they get mafia d1 in an ungated tracker 9p with just 1 poe clear off the track but eh

yes mafia is expected to CC a pr in a 9p tho, that is true. Im of the belief that 9p = ccing pr is necessary
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #53 (isolation #14) » Thu Nov 09, 2023 8:55 am

Post by DkKoba »

It goes against my soul of mafia design philosophy but theres no tools to alleviate it in simple so just hope mafia knows to claim a PR here and not in a silly way

/pass 2 goons 1 tracker 1 bp
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #58 (isolation #15) » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

EV is not a good metric for balance
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #59 (isolation #16) » Sat Nov 11, 2023 2:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

It's a start but completely ignores reality of how roles interact and how players use those roles
retired

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”