Survivor: Barbie! (agreenparrot as Narrator Wins!)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:46 am

Post by Firestormer »

~Round 20~

ImageImage
ImageImage

Can you believe it? It's the FINAL round of the game, and I even managed to get all the updates done in time! I'm so proud of me :cry Let's get into the final events of the game before FTC!

This challenge was HIDDEN for the players until they attempted it because it was originally designed as a live challenge, but we moved the final 4 vote to its own day due to a request for the FTC to start Sunday instead of over the weekend, so it was instead a challenge they could only see once they started their time!

It was a Quotes challenge!

Spoiler: Challenge Rules
The movie ends, and the credits roll. A movie, and an org is at an end!

We're at the final challenge of the game! The credits have rolled, and on it you see some familiar names... President Barbie.... Midge... Stereotypical Ken... Sasha? Who is Sasha???

This is a Quotes challenge! It wouldn't be right to finish the game without saying Bye Barbie to all those who have fallen along the way, so come in quick for this challenge!

You will receive a thread with 27 quotes, one for each player in the game including yourselves! You will have a 15 minute time limit to make your guesses as to who each quote belongs to, and the player with the most correct answers will win the final immunity and make it to the final three with a chance to WIN Barbie! How exciting!

Just post your answers like this:

etc.

I will post the list of players by order of elimination with the post showing all the quotes. All the posts are posts made in public spaces, so any of these main boards you can all see.

And the results were in!
Ruth wrote:hello
Narrator wrote:
Said Ruth. not knowing that this would be the challenge when the Narrator finally pulled ahead :wine
Writer Barbie wrote:#notme
Ruth wrote:#probablynotme
We revealed the scores, and in 3rd and 4th were...

ImageImage

Meaning that the elderly would continue their reign in the challenges for one more time :<3 It came down to Narrator and Ruth, one was going to be the first member of our final three!
Ruth wrote:At least the old bat immunity run continues :<3
Narrator wrote:
The questions on everyone's mind: who was the Goldenest Golden Girl?
And the winner was!

Narrator! She scored a perfect 27/27 in this challenge and would be immune for the final Banishment! Ruth came close with a 25/27, though Narrator's time was also the fastest of everyone so it was never in doubt.
Writer Barbie wrote:Narry, you beast! 27/27?! Congrats, girl.

Valiant effort, Ruth.
Ruth wrote:Excellently done, Narrator
Stereotypical Barbie wrote:
And just like that, Narrator takes home yet another win for the prehistoric folks of Barbieland.

Congratulations, Narry! :mattel :<3

27 our of 27 is Godly by the way, but like this was rigged for you as usual! Of course the Narrator would know what everyone had to say, she was basically explaining it to the rest of us the entire time! :gay
Narrator wrote:
Indeed the tyranny of Ruth's challenge run had reached a screeching halt. The Narrator would no longer sit idly by narrating someone else's success today was her turn.

Seeing those scores the Narrator did have to ponder if no one else had thought to use the Search feature... :unsure:
Ruth wrote:Tyranny?? Gosh!
Ruth wrote:The truth comes out!!!
Narrator wrote:
The Narrator may have been taking some dramatic liberty for the sake of telling a good story :cry
And the story had been told. But now it was time for the final Banishment! And we quickly read the votes....

ImageImage

ImageImage

3 Votes Ruth
1 Vote Stereotypical Barbie

But it was to be a foregone conclusion, as the final member of the President Barbie side of the house lost the final immunity and took the fall.
Narrator wrote:
And thus after a game of unpredictable swerved, we reached a calm unsurprising resolution.

While the Narrator and Ruth may have never truly reached the status of Old Lady Allies as the pregame theories had expected, the Narrator always appreciated her role in the story, keeping a level head and bringing some sanity to the warzone. All the respect was deserved for Ruth, and she put up a worthy fight. Now..the IRS awaits....
Writer Barbie wrote:Farewell, Auntie RuRu! You were amazing here and a FORCE :<3
Stereotypical Barbie wrote:Oh my Gloria, sometimes I wish her dark thoughts didn't intrude so much that it made me human...

Mhm, you're right about that, Ruthie! It was absolutely marvelous navigating the real world, but I can't pretend it's all been perfect. :sosad You're technically my mother after all, and every time we disagreed or played against each other, I couldn't help feel like a disappointment to you. :cry

Thank you again for all your kindness' and understanding, even among the chaos! And gosh, Ruthie, I meant what I said too, you were an incredible force here and played an amazing game. I've got tons of love and respect for you, Ruthie and I always will. :<3

Yours truly, Barbara Handler. :mattel
Ruth wrote:Age needed to catch up with me at some point. It was a pleasure playing with you all :<3

3 Barbies remain!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:49 am

Post by Firestormer »

ImageImageImage

And with that, a final 3 was decided! Narrator, Stereotypical Barbie and Writer Barbie overcame all the odds to make ftc despite being down 5-3 at one point, and all have clawed their way back into the game! One of these three will be the WINNER of Barbie!

The FTC will begin Sunday night, and the winner reveal and cast reveal will be on Monday! I hope everyone enjoyed playing or even just reading the updates, but now we must say Bye Barbie...
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:11 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Narrator (agreenparrot) defeated Stereotypical Barbie (Beezilla) and Writer Barbie (Epica) to win Barbie in a 5-3-2 vote!

Cast:

WINNER: agreenparrot as Narrator
2nd Place: Beezilla as Stereotypical Barbie
3rd Place: Epica as Writer Barbie
4th Place: DeasVail as Ruth
5th Place: Burton27 as Judge Barbie
6th Place: bml1980 as Bus Woman
7th Place: pon as Physicist Barbie
8th Place: Ramyen10 as Beach Ken
9th Place: WWYD-chan as Journalist Barbie
10th Place: Ambic as Stereotypical Ken
11th Place: Taterman as Tourist Ken
12th Place: ohmyheck as President Barbie
13th Place: Kyle as Gloria
14th Place: Mist as Mermaid Barbie
15th Place: Crazyalexi as Weird Barbie
16th Place: farswell7 as Midge
16th Place: Gypyx as Teen Talk Barbie
18th Place: dezignjk as Artist Ken
19th Place: Skygazer as Basketball Ken
20th Place: Espeonage as Diplomat Barbie
21st Place: dno as Dr. Barbie
21st Place: SalTheBard as Aaron
21st Place: legend only puke stan as Allan
24th Place: MistressTara as Lawyer Barbie
25th Place: Madhack as Kenmaid
26th Place: Hellion as Sasha
27th Place: Lawls93 as Mr. Mattel

Congratulations to agreenparrot, whose inventive shtick and great positioning was able to get her through some perilous spots and into the finals where her stellar FTC won over the voters and secured her the win! She was a great winner and I'm so glad agp finally nabbed that win after the final juror x3 - finalist arc. A great showcase from a great player!

Also congrats to Beezilla and Epica, who both played so well and were both so much fun in this game. BZ was an entertaining star and truly embodied the spirit of ST Barbie in all her main glory, while Epica was a fierce social force from day 1 and never let up! This ftc was so close and all three had a real shot at the win in this ftc.

I'm still opening the board, but click the link below to enter!

pon
pon
he/him
Townie
pon
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:40 am

Post by pon »

i love meeting new people and the scummers were great, thanks to firestorm and to everyone else who made this happen Image
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Firestormer »

And now that the game is over, I wanted to make one quick post about this game and the casting!

So there are quite a number of people you all may not recognise from the cast list here, and that's because I cast the game mostly from two sites! Here was one, obviously, but the other place was a site called ORG Yuniverse, which has been an ORG/LSG site on jcink since 2014, but been around doing them since the 2000s. The admin of that site was also the runner up for this game! So if anyone would like to check that site out, go ahead and take a look! It does require a signup to be able to view the board, but as long as you make the account and reply to your validating thread (you don't have to have played or anything, just saying you saw the link from this post is enough) you should be approved.

http://orgyuniverse.jcink.net
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:15 am

Post by Thestatusquo »

In post 28, pon wrote: i love meeting new people and the scummers were great, thanks to firestorm and to everyone else who made this happen Image
Thanks so much for stopping by!
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:41 am

Post by DeasVail »

In post 28, pon wrote: i love meeting new people and the scummers were great, thanks to firestorm and to everyone else who made this happen Image
It was a pleasure playing with you!
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:16 pm

Post by T-Bone »