BooneyToonz Discussion

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 224, Gamma Emerald wrote: What would y’all call a role that only works if it would get a positive/negative Motion Detector result? Can also expand this to Reporter/Inspector.
that's an interesting idea for a modifier.

I'd call them
Oblivious
(fails if motion is not detected) and
Inertial
(fails if motion is detected).

as for reporter or inspector results, those could just be MUTATED versions of those modifiers? don't really know good names for those modifiers, though
Distracted
(fails if target has not acted) and
Sedentary
(fails if target has acted) could work maybe (or maybe they could work as names for the motion detector-based modifiers)?
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think make one for Reporter + one for Inspector and the MD one can just be those two combined actually
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:16 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 226, Gamma Emerald wrote: I think make one for Reporter + one for Inspector and the MD one can just be those two combined actually
maybe these could be the names for the modifiers then?

Distracted
- Action only succeeds if the target has acted
Sedentary
- Action only succeeds if the target has not actged
Oblivious
- Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else
Inertial
- Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else

I kind of think the motion detector result-based modifiers are the most interesting setup-wise though.
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Those look good I think
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 228, Gamma Emerald wrote: Those look good I think
should I add these to the wiki?

my preference would be to have names for the motion detector-based modifiers though idk a good third set of names

maybe these may work?

Oblivious
- Action only succeeds if the target has targeted someone else or been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector negative result)
Inertial
- Action only succeeds if the target has not targeted someone else nor been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector positive result)
Distracted
- Action only succeeds if the target has acted (action fails on a reporter negative result)
Sedentary
- Action only succeeds if the target has not acted (action fails on a reporter positive result)
Inattentive
- Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector negative result)
Unconfident
- Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector positive result)
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I like Inattentive. Maybe Relaxed instead of Unconfident?
<Embrace The Void>

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:34 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 230, Gamma Emerald wrote: I like Inattentive. Maybe Relaxed instead of Unconfident?
yeah that works

not sure if it'd make sense to create articles for all 6 of these modifiers on the wiki though

edit: apparently the Modifier Ideas thread named the inspector result based modifiers
Shy
(as opposed to
Relaxed
) and
Extroverted
(as opposed to
Inattentive
)
time will end
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:24 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 223, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 218, Bingle wrote:
In post 217, TemporalLich wrote: alternately, a jester-like role could be similar to hunter and hunted, but I feel that doesn't give much player agency to the one that needs to block the jester elimination
The jester/hunted could need to specifically get elimmed and the hunter/antijester could have a one shot day kill.

Or: mimes.
is the mime flavor what does it for ya, the gameplay of it, or the combination of both?
Mime is an established Jester faction. Mimes win if ALL mimes are elimmed (and not nk'd).
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:34 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 229, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 228, Gamma Emerald wrote: Those look good I think
should I add these to the wiki?

my preference would be to have names for the motion detector-based modifiers though idk a good third set of names

maybe these may work?

Oblivious
- Action only succeeds if the target has targeted someone else or been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector negative result)
Inertial
- Action only succeeds if the target has not targeted someone else nor been targeted by someone else (action fails on a motion detector positive result)
Distracted
- Action only succeeds if the target has acted (action fails on a reporter negative result)
Sedentary
- Action only succeeds if the target has not acted (action fails on a reporter positive result)
Inattentive
- Action only succeeds if the target has been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector negative result)
Unconfident
- Action only succeeds if the target has not been targeted by someone else (action fails on an inspector positive result)
I think I'd change which is which for some of these, tbh. Like, distracted gives me the idea that other things happening will fuck with the result and oblivious makes me think the target needs to act to make things obvious. Like an oblivious cop wouldn't get a guilty unless the mafia were actually killing someone when they were investigated.

Motion Dependent
Distracted
Oblivious
Time-Lapse
Inattentive
Unconfident
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:52 am

Post by TemporalLich »

considering this is the BooneyToonz thread, I'd want to know how Flavor Leaf feels about these modifiers

speaking of modifiers, I feel the modifiers Unwell, Sleeper, and Brave would be good additions to BooneyToonz.

also, I think Shield is a good role to add.
time will end
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:36 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Yeah, I think I’ll put some time updating some stuff here. I like everything that’s been going on here a lot, and I want to get BooneyToonz in a really solid position going forward.

I think with the Normal Game queue change changing so much, BooneyToonz can also start further going down its own path.

My mind’s still processing Thaumaturge.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I think Sleeper could make for some spicy set ups
<Embrace The Void>

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:12 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

I kind of agree with Jingle with mixing some around like that, but overall, that looks to add a lot of depth to the roles.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:16 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 234, TemporalLich wrote: considering this is the BooneyToonz thread, I'd want to know how Flavor Leaf feels about these modifiers

speaking of modifiers, I feel the modifiers Unwell, Sleeper, and Brave would be good additions to BooneyToonz.

yeah, these are good. I'm going to have to edit in the wiki links for everything instead of doing spoilered for Boon Bank, I think. Mass overhaul coming with this. i think we add most of these roles, i think most are normalish, and haven't been used too often.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:56 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 238, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 234, TemporalLich wrote: considering this is the BooneyToonz thread, I'd want to know how Flavor Leaf feels about these modifiers

yeah, these are good. I'm going to have to edit in the wiki links for everything instead of doing spoilered for Boon Bank, I think. Mass overhaul coming with this. i think we add most of these roles, i think most are normalish, and haven't been used too often.
Let me know if I should create wiki pages for any of the action-dependent modifiers, as I'm not sure what the action-dependent modifiers should be named
time will end
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:08 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz Guidelines Update: V3

Role Change:

Made
Magical Fairy
it’s own role instead of being called Inverted Voyeur. It now acts like an Inverted Visitor. Magical Fairy should now take the place in combination roles.

Role Book Additions:

Disabler
Disables an action.
Buccaneer
At night, target a player. If that person is being targeted with an action, you will be targeted instead. If the action was a kill action, you die taking down your killer.
The Brig
Combined Jailkeeper Neighborizer.
Herbologist
- Removes Miller from Role

Boon Bank Additions:

Omni-Fruit Vendor
- CURES DISEASE and sends an Omni-Fruit. Added to Boon Bank. (Adding DISEASE mechanic to the Glossary)
Dreaming God
- Added to Boon bank.
Band Wagoning Modifier
- Your action will target the player who is targeted by the most actions that phase.

Collection of Modifiers added because of the Motion Detecting Roles:

Motion Dependent
Distracted
Oblivious
Time-Lapsed
Inattentive
Unconfident

Additional Added Modifiers:

Unwell
- Fails if targeting someone who is protected from kills.
Sleeper
- Mutated Backup, role is enabled when a pre-determined player dies.
Brave
- If player targets a player unaligned with Town, you will self-protect.
Procrastinating
- Can't act unless there's only 1 anti-town left. Opposite of Lazy.
Confabulating
- Action will only succeed if target is in a PT.

From the Normal Guidelines Update:

Modifiers:

Lazy
Personal
Strongwilled
Roaming
Role Immune

Roles:

Modifier Cop
Shield
Checker
Finder
Reporter
Inspector
Role Guard
Visionary
Security Guard
Role Watcher

Name Changes:

Changing Strongman -> Juggernaut
Changing Voyeur -> Observer
Last edited by Boonskiies on Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:09 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I will update all the posts on the first page as well right now. Probably will still have some technical stuff to work out on the front pages, but little by little.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

BooneyToonz XVIII:

Lights, Faeries, Action!

Co-Designed and Reviewed by: TemporalLich and Bingle

A 9p Micro Experimental

All BooneyToonz Rules apply.

Plurality Voting

Town Faction:
Patrons

Players will vote to
Enlighten
one another. When a Patron is
Enlightened
, they will leave the game, and the
Level of Enlightenment
will raise by 1.
Patrons win when the
Level of Enlightenment
is 3.

Anti-Town Faction:
Dark Jester Troupe

Dark Jesters goal is to have the entire team become
Enlightened

If a Dark Jester is
Enlightened
, they will leave the game, and the
Level of Enlightenment
will decrease by 1.
Dark Jesters win when the entire Dark Jester Troupe is
Enlightened
Dark Jesters do not have a Factional Kill By Default. Instead, they have a collection of abilities that each Dark Jester can use.

EXT. DESOLATE WOODLAND CARNIVAL - BRIGHT, STARRY EVENING SKY

An eerie, slightly flat whimsical yet charming melody plays as the light fades in. A circus tent, dilapidated in color and structure, shows a desaturated red and white striped pattern.

Through an aisle of trees, lights flickering on and off from twisted rides spinning in both design and motion with hollowed empty shouts of cheer and terror fill the opening in the distance.

A row of hanging orange lanterns brings us to a circus tent, opening in the front to allow in guests, and inside a RINGMASTER talks through a shrieking megaphone stands in the center atop a star shaped podium, shouting to the hopeful short of a dozen crowd acting as an AUDIENCE.

RINGMASTER:
Welcome to the Carnival of FOOLS! What’s going to happen at the carnival? Well allow me, Colonel Boon Gambles to enlighten. We are going to take you on a journey through history of time itself. On this journey, you will be met with characters of all kind, good and bad. These characters will…ENTERTAIN you…GUIDE you…MURDER you….ho ho, don’t worry, that’s my little joke. They won’t
guide
you. But the Carnival of Fools can be a dangerous place. You never know who will be lurking…in the darkness.

The lights go out, and turn back on in a matter of seconds. The Ringmaster appears on a stage behind the audience inviting cheers from the crowd, amazed in wonder of the Ringmaster’s trick.

Close up on Ringmaster smirking.

Cut.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:45 am

Post by Jingle »

Modifier idea:

Band Wagoning: Instead of choosing your target, you will instead target the player who has been targeted by the most other players that night. Your target is random between all players who are 'most targeted' in the event of a tie.
This is a Parachute.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:46 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

I like that one a lot. Might need to make it Compulsive in certain scenarios, but there's definitely ways to make that work in a bunch of different ways.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 1:28 pm

Post by Jingle »

Inform the town that there's a Band Wagoning Elite Bodyguard, and all of a sudden people have to wonder if they *should* act. Especially when there's 3 vigs.
This is a Parachute.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:22 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Let's try it. I'll add Band Wagoning to the Boon Bank for now, give it the option somewhere.

And then I was also looking into the Cologne Wars event from years back, and found Confabulating modifier, which makes it so your action only succeeds if your target is in a PT.

I'll add it to the update post up there.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:47 am

Post by TemporalLich »

some more roles to consider if they are in the BooneyToonz spirit:

Menacing - Protected from all abilities if targeted only once that night.
Prideful - Protected from all abilities if targeted more than once that night.
Enforcer - Allows factional abilities to roleblock.
Racketeer - Allows factional abilities to rolestop.
Vaporizer - Allows factional abilities to roleblock and rolestop.
Wraith - Allows leaving town when using factional abilities.
Nullifier - A roleblocker that also roleblocks passive abilities.
Isolator - A rolestopper that also rolestops passive abilities.
Alignment Cop - Learns a player's exact alignment.
Alignment Watcher - Learns what alignments targeted a player.
Last edited by TemporalLich on Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Jan 02, 2024 7:05 am

Post by TemporalLich »

There's another Normal Game update now: Normal Game New Year 2024 Update

the roles and modifiers added by that update:

Action Detector - A Combined Reporter Inspector, learns if a player acted that night or not and learns if a player was targeted by anyone else that night or not.
Goon Cop - Learns if a player is a Mafia Goon (or vanilla Werewolf) or not.
Masonizer - Adds a town player to their Mason PT, informs the Mason PT that that player is aligned with the town, and is informed the Masonizer is aligned with the town. Non-town players will never be added to a Mason PT, and a Masonizer targeting a non-town player will die. (a Loyal Masonizer will not die when targeting non-town)
Universal Finder - Learns if a player is a chosen role or not.

Companion - A mutated Informed for the purposes of BooneyToonz games, a Companion is informed a player is aligned with the Town.

Stealthy - Ninja used to be both a role and a modifier - Ninja now refers to the role that makes factional abilities invisible, while Stealthy is the modifier that makes abilities invisible.
Simultaneous - Allows the use of multiple personal abilities during the night. This is the modifier replacing the Multitasking modifier in Normal Games, where the ability to use factional abilities with personal abilities is now a game mechanic known as Inherent Multitasking.
time will end

Return to “Mafia Discussion”