he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:01 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 14, T-Bone wrote:
Community Contributor
2023/25/02 T-Bone TemporalLich Since 2021 Lich has been the lead contributor of the mafiascum wiki. Lich has done a lot of the legwork to overhaul how the wiki works and has been my go-to person when I need things on the Wiki updated. Lich has been diligent in making sure the front page gets regular updates, adding new set-ups to the wiki, and updating new roles as they are created (even offering new roles too). Lich has also done a lot of the wiki specific work that most people don't have the skills to do, such as templates and page designs. I think of Lich as the de facto MafiaScum Wiki administrator right now. This nomination is long overdue
Nth.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #1) » Mon Apr 03, 2023 5:50 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 39, Aisa wrote:
Hannibal Lecter
2023/04/03
Imaginality won this game with an admirable performance as a 1-shot Bulletproof SK. He did attract some early attention (1, 2), but it was nothing he couldn't shake off, and it positioned him well to slip unnoticed through Days 2 and 3. In a game with 3 killing roles besides himself and a Jailkeeper, he managed to dodge all Night Actions.

On Day 3, two townies had both softed power roles, one of them claiming they could clear a third town slot. Luck was definitely involved, but Imag managed to predict which PR we would kill as scum and killed off the other PR, putting us in one of the few scenarios that was not an auto-loss for Mafia and SK alike.

The masterstroke was definitely his play on Day 4, in 3v1v1. Imag took control of the narrative, for example advocating that we let the confirmed townie suggest the elimination. He correctly identified my slot as the remaining scum slot and cased us relentlessly in a way that had me completely paralysed. He made us look bad enough that I'm not sure I could have gotten an elimination through on him even if I had realised he was the SK. Which I didn't; I suspected both the two other unconfirmed townies of being the 3rd party above him.

It's clear Imag put a significant amount of thought into the game. I had the help of two hydra partners and still personally found it exhausting, at times, to push miseliminations and optimise Night Actions. Imaginality did it all by himself and made it look easy.

Conflict of interest: still shocked outraged and bedazzled by him being the SK.
Nth.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Fri May 12, 2023 12:10 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 45, T-Bone wrote:
Community Contributor
2023/05/04 T-Bone Thestatusquo Shea pushed forth an initiative that was long overdue, sending out an email to our member list inviting them back to the site. I think this was ultimately a success as countless users have returned to the community in some capacity, either via the discord, and even some mafia games. This was especially helpful because many returning players signed up for Team Mafia. Without Shea's skills in this task, it would not have gotten done because no one on the current mod team had the necessary skills or knowledge to push this through.
Nth.

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:20 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 202, mastina wrote:
Paperback Writer
2024/5/1 mastina Datisi Datisi's University Datisi delivered again with a wonderfully flavored game.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:21 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 201, mastina wrote:
Rube Goldberg
2024/5/1
mastina Korina Weird Dreams Mafia redux Korina's previous game, Weird Dreams Mafia I, would've likely been worthy for this award if not for its tragic end at the hand of a griefer, but Korina did a wonderful job completely reinventing the concept used in the previous game and running the successor to the game with an equal level of craziness and insanity to the first. The game featured lovers-traitors who were able to win together and were each aligned with different factions (masons and mafia), as well as a limited cultafia. Truly the genius of a weird dream.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:22 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 197, Dannflor wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/01/04 Dannflor Ydrasse and RCEnigma Toriel's Patience This was a bit of a grueling game, as mountainous games can often be. With town choosing the "spare" route, but being unsuccessful in eliminating scum earlier in the game. The game came down to two consecutive days where
all the town
needed to find each other. Ydrasse and RCEnigma had previously been scum reading each other, but managed to successfully find each other as town over a series of three pages. This successful connection between two townies, managing to see through the noise the scum team was attempting to generate, was all that was needed to win the game. In fact, this 3 page back and forth between Ydrasse and RCEnigma was exactly what won the game for town in the end. In Ydrasse's words, this was a "rare town blitz."

Modfather
2024/01/04 Dannflor Skygazer Skygazer is a prolific moderator whilst also lending a lot of her time to being a backup or co-mod to other users on the site. Skygazer posts frequent VCs, keeps games running smoothly, has great flavor, and generally does all the things one would expect from a great moderator and a great game. However, on top of the standard stuff, I want to highlight just the wide variety of kinds of games Skygazer runs for the community. Everything from Open games, Mini Themes, Micro Themes, Normal Games, and Newbie Games. Skygazer has run a truly staggering number of games this year, many of them with personally designed setups. I always feel comfortable joining a game moderated by Skygazer because I know it's going to a smooth experience with a personal touch of style.
nth both

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:24 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 182, DragonEater70 wrote:
Game of the Year
2023/12/24
This nom is slightly tongue-in-cheek (in the cheeky/flippant sense, not in the sarcastic sense), but bear with me.

Why does this game deserve the Game of the Year award?

1. Setup: this game was NewD3 which is
indisputably
the best setup on MafiaScum.net
/half-serious

2. Mods: great mods which I felt put in effort to make the game run well and who I enjoyed as mods.

3. Flavor: This game's flavor is definitely, one hundred percent, the best and most enjoyable flavor I've had in a Mafia game ever. I literally called Aureal a queen in my first post for making this game. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be a volcano gladiator??? The commentary by the show's hosts was very well written and funny as well.

4. Playerlist and gameplay: this game definitely had a hype playerlist with 2 Paragon nominees and a Don Corleone nominee, as well as some other cool people (including 2 site newbies and a long time returning player). It definitely did not disappoint - action started early in Day 1 and continued throughout nonstop. The cohesion of the town was remarkable, with most town players being able to find each other and shrink the PoE, resulting in a smooth elimination of scum on Day 1.
The game ended up being a mechanical win, but I want to stress that the way I see it, by the end of Day 1 a town victory was simply impossible to prevent even if the game had magically become mountainous, due to how confident town was in their reads of one another.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:25 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 144, Alianna wrote:
Paperback Writer
2023/11/21
biancospino clearly put a ton of effort into the flavour of this game. It included a number of news stories, daily weather reports, accounting records, Utopia-related crosswords, official communications, and more. She even took the silly article I wrote about murderous cats prowling the streets and edited it to perfection (or should I say
purr
fection?) to post in a VC. All of the flavour was incredibly well-written and brought the game's clearly-not-Utopian world to life.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 61, DragonEater70 wrote:
Don Corleone
2023/11/09
DragonEater70 Flavor Leaf
I'm nominating Flavor Leaf for two amazing, back-to-back scum wins, where he made himself practically conf town despite being scum.

In Micro Normal 1092, Flavor Leaf crumbed a role he didn't have since the beginning of Day 1, faked a soft inno, and then killed his inno to secure the claim's success. Additionally he masterfully pushed a mislim through on Day 2 in a way that looked like he was just tunneled town, and did it quickly enough so that the pocketed inno won't turn on him.

In Large Normal 245, Flavor Leaf rolled a rolecop traitor. He rolecopped Dannflor the Gunsmith, divined who he had a guilty on before he even said a word, and fakeclaimed a guilty on his scum partner. In his own words, he YOINKED the guilty from Dannflor. Then Flavor Leaf basically spent the rest of the game riding on the towncred of bussing his own partner, and every time a townie would start to suspect him, he would get them limmed. As several players noted, the game basically operated on a "townread Flavor Leaf or die" basis.
nth

v/la every weekend

RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 05, 2024 10:29 am

Post by RH9 »

In post 55, Thestatusquo wrote:
Rising Star
2023/21/8 thestatusquo Black In the last year black has taken the newbie queue by storm, amassing an impressive record that earned her (the somewhat tongue in cheek) nickname "the newbie scum queen" by willing a large number of scum games in a row. Black also jumped into the other queues on the site full force and even competed in team mafia, becoming a well known member of the site and the queues in a very short period of time. She has also integrated herself into the community side of the site, becoming a fixture in the discord as well as other parts of site culture. I've found her rise and her ability to integrate into the general meta of the site as a newbie to be impressive and think it deserves recognition.
nth

v/la every weekend

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”