Mini Normal 2326 | Everything has exploded !

Normal Games (With basic roles and standard mechanics) Signups Here
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3050 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:37 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Anyway I need to have breakfast, though it's a miracle I can even fucking feed myself, apparently.
User avatar
Naerys
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Naerys
she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2997
Joined: November 11, 2019
Pronoun: she
Location: Czech Republic

Post Post #3051 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:38 am

Post by Naerys »

In post 3049, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Why do you want to yeet him? What specifics can you point to that make him seem yeet-worthy?
i think town gob usually spouts some nonsense
but this gob feels rather manipulative
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3052 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:53 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3051, Naerys wrote:
In post 3049, SuperfluousNinja wrote: Why do you want to yeet him? What specifics can you point to that make him seem yeet-worthy?
i think town gob usually spouts some nonsense
but this gob feels rather manipulative

Can I ask you to set aside some time, whenever is convenient for you, and make a better and more thorough case than this?
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3053 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:00 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

@Oats

If it is true, as you say, that a person should never get frustrated with the person they are talking to
when they suspect that person is scum
, then shouldn't that make you suspicious of Darth? Though he dropped a post excluding Luca from his scum pool, he then followed it with a post saying Luca is so clearly scummy, he's "appalled" anyone would think otherwise (which is a different issue I'll address otherwise). He is pretty clearly frustrated with both Grack and Luca, and he scumreads them both.

If you say that that sort of behavior is a scum tell, does that mean you now scum read Darth?
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3054 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:01 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

In post 3037, DarthPunk wrote: I’m thinking grack/gob/vivax for the last mafia slot.
In post 3039, DarthPunk wrote: It’s going to be really fun reading Luca try and backtrack from mislimming me if I flip.

Probably he will just push oats. This guy has not adjusted a scum read since early day one when he didn’t have scum reads.

He is just mafia.

I’m appalled at the play of everyone who town reads him.

These posts contradict each other. You exclude Luca from your scum pool, but then you say you are APPALLED that anyone could town read him!

Explain?
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3055 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:03 am

Post by Luca Blight »

To be fair, Darth is saying the 'last mafia slot' there. He 'thinks' me and Hu Tao are the other two.
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3056 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:06 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

Ah okay, I read it as a Grack / Gob / Vivax team.
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3057 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:12 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

I hope you have a good day Luca. Thank you for being nice to me lol
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3058 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:15 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3033, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3031, outoforder wrote: Why are you not scumreading gob, Luca?
If you know you are town you should know there is simply no reason why mafia should vote for Dunn D1 over you. You should be the first one to suspect gob's post on who he wants to yeet D2.

I'm not sure what to make of Gob.

I've already explained why it benefits scum!Darth for Dunn to be voted out instead of me D1.

Can you be more specific about what you mean regarding Gob's post?
Yes i can.

gob groups up four people on "who to vote for today" based on reasoning "they were last to vote for Dunnstral". Now why this makes no sense is because he doesn't think Luca is mafia. If Luca is mafia in his mind, then his reasoning
could
make sense. Otherwise, and especially, without any further reasoning, grouping those four people doesn't make any sense.

Just saying "one of the mafias voted Dunnstral in the last 4 people who voted" doesn't mean anything. For instance you (and Grack) have given reasoning why specifically DP's vote makes him mafia. That's fine. gob however doesn't give any reasoning at all, and without any further reasoning it shouldn't matter to him whether mafia votes for Luca or Dunnstral, because if both of the wagons are town, mafia simply doesn't care who to vote. Sure there are other factors that might affect this, but like simply just creating an arbitary situation where some arbitary group of players MUST have mafia in them is just straight out scummy. Especially considering that:
- He doesn't think youre mafia
- He doesnt include Ninja here, since it didn't really matter which one of Dann / Ninja voted Dunnstral since both were going to hammer if the other one didn't based on the thread.
- In fact Ninja should look more suspicious to gob as based on his story he has created from the situation. It could be argued that Ninja didnt want to take the responsibility from the hammer, while Dann did (to not look bad taking part into a misyeet)

Now why i find it weird for you, is because aside from mafia, you are the player who knows youre town (in case youre town). You should be the one who gets red flags from this for sure.
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3059 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:17 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3055, Luca Blight wrote: To be fair, Darth is saying the 'last mafia slot' there. He 'thinks' me and Hu Tao are the other two.
I dont understand how DP thinks HT is mafia with you. That doesn't make any sense that she claims investigative role just to backpedal from it and come to a conclusion that you are mafia. It just doesn't make any sense at all to go through all that just to start bussing a teammate.
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3060 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:21 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3058, outoforder wrote:
In post 3033, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3031, outoforder wrote: Why are you not scumreading gob, Luca?
If you know you are town you should know there is simply no reason why mafia should vote for Dunn D1 over you. You should be the first one to suspect gob's post on who he wants to yeet D2.

I'm not sure what to make of Gob.

I've already explained why it benefits scum!Darth for Dunn to be voted out instead of me D1.

Can you be more specific about what you mean regarding Gob's post?
Yes i can.

gob groups up four people on "who to vote for today" based on reasoning "they were last to vote for Dunnstral". Now why this makes no sense is because he doesn't think Luca is mafia. If Luca is mafia in his mind, then his reasoning
could
make sense. Otherwise, and especially, without any further reasoning, grouping those four people doesn't make any sense.

Just saying "one of the mafias voted Dunnstral in the last 4 people who voted" doesn't mean anything. For instance you (and Grack) have given reasoning why specifically DP's vote makes him mafia. That's fine. gob however doesn't give any reasoning at all, and without any further reasoning it shouldn't matter to him whether mafia votes for Luca or Dunnstral, because if both of the wagons are town, mafia simply doesn't care who to vote. Sure there are other factors that might affect this, but like simply just creating an arbitary situation where some arbitary group of players MUST have mafia in them is just straight out scummy. Especially considering that:
- He doesn't think youre mafia
- He doesnt include Ninja here, since it didn't really matter which one of Dann / Ninja voted Dunnstral since both were going to hammer if the other one didn't based on the thread.
- In fact Ninja should look more suspicious to gob as based on his story he has created from the situation. It could be argued that Ninja didnt want to take the responsibility from the hammer, while Dann did (to not look bad taking part into a misyeet)

Now why i find it weird for you, is because aside from mafia, you are the player who knows youre town (in case youre town). You should be the one who gets red flags from this for sure.
Furthermore this is one of the last posts from gob during D1:
In post 2192, gob wrote: Dunnstral, Dannfloor, DarthPunk

is the scum team.
I mean like he HIMSELF thought Dunnstral is mafia. There is simply no reason to make that arbitary group out of people who voted for his own scumread.
Being wrong doesn't make anyone mafia.
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
SuperfluousNinja
She/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1236
Joined: September 10, 2018
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #3061 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:25 am

Post by SuperfluousNinja »

If you all want me to sheep on a Luca vote, I probably will at this point. It seems like the most informative flip we could be making right now.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3062 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:38 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3061, SuperfluousNinja wrote: If you all want me to sheep on a Luca vote, I probably will at this point. It seems like the most informative flip we could be making right now.

What will your view of the game be after I flip town?
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3063 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:42 am

Post by outoforder »

Grackaroni can you explain to me why your case on DP makes him mafia?
Because i know if i was mafia i would definitely, in his position, get rid of (or try to) Luca rather than Dunn, since it has already been shown that Luca can and will articulate and at least tries to defend himself (aka has a higher chance of getting townread than Dunnstral). Just "he can continue pushing Luca D2 and that's why he joined Dunn lynch" is not good enough. DP is better than that, he would most likely look much better (being consistent) if he just kept his vote on Luca instead of swapping -- and he would most likely be able to make that prediction as mafia at EoD1.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3064 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:44 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3058, outoforder wrote:
In post 3033, Luca Blight wrote:
In post 3031, outoforder wrote: Why are you not scumreading gob, Luca?
If you know you are town you should know there is simply no reason why mafia should vote for Dunn D1 over you. You should be the first one to suspect gob's post on who he wants to yeet D2.

I'm not sure what to make of Gob.

I've already explained why it benefits scum!Darth for Dunn to be voted out instead of me D1.

Can you be more specific about what you mean regarding Gob's post?
Yes i can.

gob groups up four people on "who to vote for today" based on reasoning "they were last to vote for Dunnstral". Now why this makes no sense is because he doesn't think Luca is mafia. If Luca is mafia in his mind, then his reasoning
could
make sense. Otherwise, and especially, without any further reasoning, grouping those four people doesn't make any sense.

Just saying "one of the mafias voted Dunnstral in the last 4 people who voted" doesn't mean anything. For instance you (and Grack) have given reasoning why specifically DP's vote makes him mafia. That's fine. gob however doesn't give any reasoning at all, and without any further reasoning it shouldn't matter to him whether mafia votes for Luca or Dunnstral, because if both of the wagons are town, mafia simply doesn't care who to vote. Sure there are other factors that might affect this, but like simply just creating an arbitary situation where some arbitary group of players MUST have mafia in them is just straight out scummy. Especially considering that:
- He doesn't think youre mafia
- He doesnt include Ninja here, since it didn't really matter which one of Dann / Ninja voted Dunnstral since both were going to hammer if the other one didn't based on the thread.
- In fact Ninja should look more suspicious to gob as based on his story he has created from the situation. It could be argued that Ninja didnt want to take the responsibility from the hammer, while Dann did (to not look bad taking part into a misyeet)

Now why i find it weird for you, is because aside from mafia, you are the player who knows youre town (in case youre town). You should be the one who gets red flags from this for sure.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't surprise me from Gob - he has set himself a low bar, and I don't think any of his analysis this game has been well-considered at all.

I'm very confident on Darth Punk being scum, and I'm not going to get side-tracked on Gob, who for me is the kind of slot I regard as a 'coin-flip'.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3065 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:48 am

Post by Luca Blight »

Let's do a 1v1, me vs Darth, and if one of us flips town then the other is automatically the next day's elimination. I have full confidence in my read, and Darth seemingly does too.
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3066 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:59 am

Post by outoforder »

Can you poinst out to a case on DP from you, Luca? This is the closest thing that i can find in your filter and it doesn't really explain anything without further elaboration.
In post 2779, Luca Blight wrote: [...]Darth Punk's actions and statements don't align, which shows he doesn't actually believe what he is saying, as well as the fact his supposed confidence is based on such poor reasoning, when he is supposed to be a good player as town.[...]
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3067 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:01 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I elaborate more in
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3068 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:03 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3064, Luca Blight wrote: That's all well and good, but it doesn't surprise me from Gob - he has set himself a low bar, and I don't think any of his analysis this game has been well-considered at all.
You have to remember that mafia needs to post SOMETHING of value to even try to stay alive. Not all players are that talkative, and for instance with Naerys, i can see something going on in her head. This is just absolutely no thinking at all, and screams mafia to me.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3069 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:04 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3068, outoforder wrote:
In post 3064, Luca Blight wrote: That's all well and good, but it doesn't surprise me from Gob - he has set himself a low bar, and I don't think any of his analysis this game has been well-considered at all.
You have to remember that mafia needs to post SOMETHING of value to even try to stay alive. Not all players are that talkative, and for instance with Naerys, i can see something going on in her head. This is just absolutely no thinking at all, and screams mafia to me.

Darth Punk screams mafia to me. You can pursue Gob if you want - I see no value in pushing such a slot right now and letting Darth Punk off the hook. I did that D1 and look what happened.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3070 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:05 am

Post by Luca Blight »

I actually think both Darth and Oats are very likely Mafia.
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3071 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:11 am

Post by outoforder »

DP can you explain what was going through your head when you switched votes EoD1?
User avatar
outoforder
outoforder
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
outoforder
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1060
Joined: January 21, 2017

Post Post #3072 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 am

Post by outoforder »

In post 3070, Luca Blight wrote: I actually think both Darth and Oats are very likely Mafia.
I have to look at Oats again, i have honestly not read his posts very well D2.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3073 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3061, SuperfluousNinja wrote: If you all want me to sheep on a Luca vote, I probably will at this point. It seems like the most informative flip we could be making right now.

Btw, what sparked this comment anyway?

Wouldn't Darth be as informative a flip as my own, if not more so? I would definitely say more so, given his connections to other tl members, especially the likes of Oats who has been backing him up every step of the way. I also got the impression that you townread me more than Darth, so I'm just a little puzzled by this.
User avatar
Luca Blight
Luca Blight
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Luca Blight
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 10745
Joined: December 21, 2013

Post Post #3074 (ISO) » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:16 am

Post by Luca Blight »

In post 3072, outoforder wrote:
In post 3070, Luca Blight wrote: I actually think both Darth and Oats are very likely Mafia.
I have to look at Oats again, i have honestly not read his posts very well D2.

It makes for difficult reading. All he does is argue endlessly by moving the goalposts, deliberately missing the point, snipping sentences of posts and taking them out of context etc. He does not argue in good faith, and I have a hard time believing this kind of play comes from town.

I'd be voting him if I wasn't even more convinced on Darth being scum, but most likely they both are.
Post Reply

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”