Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz [ENDGAME]

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:56 pm

Post by biancospino »

Votecount 2-FINAL

With 3 alive, it takes 2 to hammer.

votes
Aureal (2 =
EXECUTED
):
Enchant (1 = E-1):

~~~A victory condition has been achieved~~~
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by biancospino »

Aureal walked the plank! She was a
Spoiler:

Spoiler: Suspence...

Spoiler: Drum Roll...

Spoiler: .........

Werewolf simultaneous (night 1 lazy compulsive combined Vigilante Bodyguard) (night 1 compulsive Fruitvendor) (night 2 compulsive Visitor)

Congratulations to the
Spoiler:
Village
pf Enchant, JacksonVirgo and (postumously) Doctor Drew!
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:02 pm

Post by biancospino »

I'll post the role PMs, actions and PTs momentarily.

The thread is open for post-game discussion.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:03 pm

Post by Aureal »

I really have no damn clue what Leaf was doing, other than failing to pay attention to the setup despite me breaking it down right away. And deciding he was doomed immediately because lolwagon??? I shouldn't have even listened to him about staying on to bus but I didn't know he didn't understand until he started talking about who I should kill and it's like, bruh...
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

There is an awful lot I want to say and a lot of it is probably a bad idea and also not things I really want to say at this point but really wish I could
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:09 pm

Post by biancospino »

Setup:

WOLVES

1 simultaneous (night 1 lazy compulsive Shield) (night 1 compulsive Fruitvendor) (night 2 compulsive Visitor)
1 simultaneous (night 1 lazy compulsive combined Vigilante BodyGuard) (night 1 compulsive FruitVendor) (night 2 compulsive Visitor)

VILLAGE

1 night 1 Informed
(There are no Village-aligned FruitVendors)

2 Villagers

PUBLIC INFO
  • The game cannot end before D2.
  • The Werewolves/Village ratio is 2:3.
  • Inherent multitasking is off.
  • All Werewolves have compulsive actions during the first two Nights.

Role PMs:

Spoiler:

Flavor Leaf:

Welcome to Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz, Flavor Leaf!

You are a
Werewolf simultaneous (night 1 lazy compulsive Shield) (night 1 compulsive Fruitvendor) (night 2 compulsive Visitor)

You know that the Wolves' faction is composed of you and Aureal.

You have the following factional abilities:
  • Wolf Chat
    — You can talk with the other members of the Wolves' faction at any time here.
  • Maul
    — Each Night, if no other member of your faction is using this ability, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
You have the following nonfactional passive abilities:
  • simultaneous
    — You may use any number of active nonfactional abilities each phase.
You have the following nonfactional active abilities:
  • night 1 lazy compulsive Shield
    — The first Night, if more than one wolf is alive at the start of the Night, you
    must
    target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will block your target's kill actions and you will be killed instead.
  • night 1 compulsive FruitVendor
    — The first Night, you
    must
    target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, your target will receive a piece of fruit.
  • night 2 compulsive Visitor
    — The second Night, you
    must
    target a player. This action has no effect.
You win when at least one Werewolf is alive and all non-Werewolves are dead, or if nothing can prevent the same.

The game thread is located here.
Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role, or by posting the same in your factional PT.

Aureal:

Welcome to Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz, Aureal!

You are a
Werewolf simultaneous (night 1 lazy compulsive combined Vigilante Bodyguard) (night 1 compulsive Fruitvendor) (night 2 compulsive Visitor)

You know that the Wolves' faction is composed of you and Flavor Leaf.

You have the following factional abilities:
  • Wolf Chat
    — You can talk with the other members of the Wolves' faction at any time here.
  • Maul
    — Each Night, if no other member of your faction is using this ability, you may target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, that player will die.
You have the following nonfactional passive abilities:
  • simultaneous
    — You may use any number of active nonfactional abilities each phase.
You have the following nonfactional active abilities:
  • night 1 lazy compulsive combined Vigilante Bodyguard
    — The first Night, if more than one wolf is alive at the start of the Night, you
    must
    target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, you will attempt to kill your target, and you will protect your target from one kill that Night, but you will die in their place.
  • night 1 compulsive FruitVendor
    — The first Night, you
    must
    target a player. Assuming no interference with your action, your target will receive a piece of fruit.
  • night 2 compulsive Visitor
    — The second Night, you
    must
    target a player. This action has no effect.
You win when at least one Werewolf is alive and all non-Werewolves are dead, or if nothing can prevent the same.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role, or by posting the same in your factional PT.

Welcome to Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz, Enchant!

You are a
Village night 1 Informed

You have the following passive abilities:
  • night 1 Informed
    — During Night 1, you will receive additional information about the setup.
You have no active abilities.

You win when at least one Village-aligned player is alive and all players not aligned with the Village are dead.

Confirm by replying to this PM with a summary of your role.

Doctor Drew

Welcome to Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz, Doctor Drew!

You are a
Villager

You have no passive abilities.

You win when at least one Village-aligned player is alive and all players not aligned with the Village are dead.

JacksonVirgo

Welcome to Micro Theme 1098 — PicoBlitz, JacksonVirgo!

You are a
Villager

You have no passive abilities.

Links:

Game thread: viewtopic.php?t=92270
Werewolf lair:
viewtopic.php?t=92271
Cemetery:
viewtopic.php?t=92280
Mod PT:
viewtopic.php?t=92269

Actions:

FL
VENDS to
JV
--> JV receives fruit
FL
SHIELDS
Au
--> FL dies
Au
VENDS to
En
--> En receives fruit
Au
SUICIDES before
En
--> blocked!
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:11 pm

Post by Gypyx »

ok so question : wasn't it better for town to nolim day 1 actually? didn't read the thread so didn't know if that got suggested or not
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:21 pm

Post by biancospino »

First of all, there were a number of minor modding mistakes toward the beginning of the game; I hope they didn't sour the game experience too much.

The setup was probably at least considerably townsided. It definitevely was quantitatively (with an EV ranging from 40% to 46.66...% depending on whether people would realize that, if the game progressed to 1:3, only a single Village player could truthfully claim fruit). I though that the scumteam having a very large presence in thread could possibly balance it down a little bit but clearly there's no way of testing that with only one run.
Notably, removing the FVs entirely would give a somewhat reasonable 33% EV, but the problem there is it would've made D1 almost entirely useless and I specifically wanted that not to happen, and to give the Village a bit of a reward if a scum would've been limmed D1.

In post 456, Gypyx wrote: ok so question : wasn't it better for town to nolim day 1 actually? didn't read the thread so didn't know if that got suggested or not
Yes. Which I did initially overlook for some reason and then scrambled to institute a rule mid-D1 to forbid that
Gypyx
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Gypyx
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by Gypyx »

I think 3 town vs 2 scum is a cool idea, but i don't think it should be ran as a normal game lol
White Flag : Carebear Edition is in signups ! (10/13) sign up if you want a low pressure, high friendliness game !

bottom text
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Aureal »

I will say this: for all my complaining about my never-ending town PMs, I did intensely guard myself against getting screwed out of my perfect record as Mafia- I typically scouted out games I considered replacing into to make sure it didn't look like a doomed scum slot because when that ended, I wanted it to be for good reason, not something someone else did that I had no control over. I guess that reason here was my decision- against my better judgment- to sign up for this game. I literally didn't even consider what it would do to me in this scenario if I somehow actually got a red PM because well, when you've rolled <REDACTED> town PMs in a row and just nothing but shit you have to solve constantly for the entire last fucking year, sometimes you just forget that's even a possibility?!? :?

I know my stupid record doesn't matter and even less so because 4 of them were 17 years ago and the other was multiball so reeeeeally nobody gives a shit

But still, it mattered to ME, you know. I get hung up on weird things sometimes. If I didn't have the fucking craziest luck getting no red PMs ever, it would've been over with sooner and I wouldn't have made it such a
thing
, I'm sure. But the longer it goes on the more it builds up.
-furtiveglance
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 453, Aureal wrote: I really have no damn clue what Leaf was doing, other than failing to pay attention to the setup despite me breaking it down right away. And deciding he was doomed immediately because lolwagon??? I shouldn't have even listened to him about staying on to bus but I didn't know he didn't understand until he started talking about who I should kill and it's like, bruh...
So he really did go off and do it on his lonesome?
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 458, Gypyx wrote: I think 3 town vs 2 scum is a cool idea, but i don't think it should be ran as a normal game lol
Tbh, I just wanted to see if such a thing as a '''''normal''''' 5p was possible. Which in the end it possibly wasn't, since I did actually need at least one special rule in place for eliminations.

Also, I don't really see much more possible designs to do this. Functionally, something must be done to guarantee a scum death before D2, and it's either this (or some functional equivalent, like the one that Enchant did propose inthread at some point) or possibly something messing around with gated Vigs and Vengefuls idk
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:30 pm

Post by Aureal »

I think I mostly went through the grieving process already like a day ago and am starting to maybe be able to anticipate being able to try to look forward to just signing up for whatever without consideration for how it might affect my record. But that pressure has been building up over like a whole year, excuse me for venting a little bit here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 460, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 453, Aureal wrote: I really have no damn clue what Leaf was doing, other than failing to pay attention to the setup despite me breaking it down right away. And deciding he was doomed immediately because lolwagon??? I shouldn't have even listened to him about staying on to bus but I didn't know he didn't understand until he started talking about who I should kill and it's like, bruh...
So he really did go off and do it on his lonesome?
Uh huh

I told you there's not a chance I wouldn't instantly veto a fakeclaim with a Multitasking modifier. Like he was even under any actual pressure at that point.
-furtiveglance
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Post by Enchant »

GG i was scum
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
DragonEater70
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
DragonEater70
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:11 pm

Post by DragonEater70 »

Good job on having a 5 game winstreak as scum, Aureal. Your grieving is very relatable (at least for me, because I also "get hung up on weird things sometimes").
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:40 pm

Post by Enchant »

I was caught in complexity trap, where overlooking simple solutions, i searched for something else.

Disaster. I probably should focus on mech more.
Wizard-Mercenary

You need replacement/players ASAP? PM me! I almost always accept.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Feb 15, 2024 11:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

Thanks DE

Black got 6 :?

Yeah, I know, nobody would even count games from 17 years ago to make it comparable

I actually have a several weird patterns in how my games go that I've noticed, like all the damn town PMs, which I logically know are too small a sample size to mean anything, but still I try to feel like they mean something because it amuses me I guess. And then I feel like I need to uphold the pattern for some reason. I'm probably slightly screwed up.

Okay, not 'probably': definitely screwed up, or I wouldn't even be here.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”