The Amazing Race 2 - July 3rd

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

The Amazing Race 2 - July 3rd

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Firestormer »

So last year I hosted The Amazing Race, which was a very experimental test to see if the format could even work on a forum, and more importantly if it could be done while being entertaining for both players and hosts. And the game ended up being such a success and was the most fun I've ever had hosting, and I had so many ideas for a second game that I had to make another one!

And here we are, with The Amazing Race 2!

Much like the first game, this ORG will attempt to recreate the show as best as possible in an org setting! It's sure to be a fun and memorable time, so don't miss it! Idk if I'll host a third because it was a massive struggle making a new race of mostly different challenges and idk if I have a third race of different concepts in me, so join before the fad is over!

The format will be The Amazing Race! What that means is every round will be done in the form of a "Leg" and that leg will have you do various tasks to continue.

Every leg will have at least one team eliminated (assuming I get enough teams cast), and the eliminations will be purely based on your performance in the leg. There will be other elements like Yields and U-Turn votes that we'll get into, but that's the general idea of it. Some legs were very close in the first race, like one team losing by under 5 minutes, the finale top 2 being 6 mins apart (after the leading team went from being way ahead in the very final task to ending in 3rd) or another team getting eliminated via the Yield, and then some ended in a team spiraling out and ending up hours behind the rest of the cast :oops: It's a completely unpredictable format and I think even those who aren't the best at challenges can last longer than they'd expect.

Every leg you and your partner will race in a NON-LIVE leg. You will have 3 or 4 days to compete in each leg (results on Wednesday and Sunday each week), and the legs will hopefully take one to two hours per leg, or maybe longer if you mess up. The tasks in each leg will be the following:

Route Info tasks will involve a wide range of tasks, and are the most common of the game. These can be searching for objects, completing mazes, picking the right path to make it to your next destination etc. Each leg will also include a kind of interactive puzzle. Other tasks will require you to alternate posts as a team to progress, but you can do these tasks alone with a time penalty to account for the lack of teamwork if you wish.

A Detour is a choice between two tasks. One may be a luck task, while the other might be counting objects. It is up to you to decide which task will play more to your strengths. You are allowed to switch Detours once choosing one, but it will be a 5 minute penalty in addition to whatever time you have taken before switching.

A Roadblock is a task that only one player may perform. Throughout the race, teams will be able to do half the Roadblocks each, and will receive a harsh penalty if the one player attempts any more once they have run out. Players are NOT allowed to help each other in these, and if any teams switch who is attempting the Roadblock or show it to their partner while attempting it, it'll result in a one hour penalty.

This race, however, there will be the option to quit Roadblocks and take a 90 minute penalty, to account for them being stumbling blocks for people last race. I plan on reducing the difficulty a bit, but just for these tasks the option will be there so that if I do make a challenge that some teams are unable to do, they have an option to advance without it.

Transport tasks will be a simple choice you make each leg, and will be how the Money is implemented into this game. Whenever a Transport task appears, you will click on it and decide how you want to get to your next destination and how much you wish to spend to get there. It will ALWAYS be the same four options available, with the following elements:

Taxi: A Taxi is the quickest method to get to your destination, and will cost the most money.
Bus: A Bus is the second quickest method to get to your destination, and will be less expensive than the Taxi.
Bike: A Bike is slower than the methods above, but will not cost you any money at all.
Walk: Walking is the slowest method of all, but you will gain money if you choose this option.

For this race you'll start with $400, and the only way to earn money after this is via these transport tasks. There will be some elements in play to stop teams from hoarding cash all game in the form of a limit of $700 for each team can have at any given time. This is so there isn't the risk of a team having enough money to just steamroll the second half of the race.

Every leg will include the Yield, which will apply a penalty to one team each time. The Yield will always be somewhere after the first task of the leg, and every team is allowed to use the Yield in each leg in order of who got there faster.

The first team to use the Yield per leg will be successful, and will Yield the team of their choice. This will be different from the first game in that you will be able to Yield a team ahead of you this time, so long as you are the first one to use it. So if the Blue team used the Yield 20 minutes into the leg, while the Yellow team used it 30 minutes into their leg, it will only be successful for the Blue team against whoever they chose.

The Yield can only be used by each team once in the race.

Every round the teams will make a PUBLIC VOTE on the team they wish to be U-Turned for the leg. Once the leg is over, the votes will be tallied and the team with the most votes will be U-Turned that leg. This game, however, they will not have to do both sides of the Detour, and will instead have a 10 minute time penalty at the beginning of the leg.

However, to account for how the first race went, a team can only be U-Turned a maximum of two times in the race. So if a frontrunner team is U-Turned in legs 2 and 3, they're safe from the U-Turn for the rest of the season unless every remaining team has already received 2 U-Turns before the end of the race.

A change this game will be the addition of the Fast Forward! Each leg (until a certain point, you will be told if it is the final Fast Forward when you get the clue) will have a Fast Forward available to the teams at some point, and teams can attempt to aim for it if they wish. There will be a set time for travel to this task, and then a quick task to complete in order to finish the leg! However, due to this being non-live, teams will still need to complete the leg after attempting the Fast Forward just in case they were not the fastest to complete this task. If a team goes for the Fast Forward and another team gets it first, I'll only add the time for travel to their final time and will remove whatever time they took to do the task here.

---

And those are all the tasks that you may encounter in the race! I will also reveal that there are
NO MESSAGES OR ROOMS
this game! You will have a forum to discuss things with your teammate, but like the first race this will only be the public forums each round.

Legs are fully automated in this game, so the only way to progress will be to type the correct word filter and trigger the next clue.

I'm hoping for a cast of
15 Teams!
This was the cast size of the first game and it worked very well, so I'm aiming for the same once again. I could add more if that somehow happened, and I'd just add some double boots in that event.

As this will be teams, you WILL know the ID of your team partner for this race, however I ask that players apply as individuals unless you already have a team and partner in mind. Anyone who played in the first game is welcome to play in this, however I have decided that there won't be any repeat teams this race, so if you paired up with someone last race and want to play in this, it'll need to be with a different person for a little freshness.

If you and your partner know you wish to play together, sign up as a team, but otherwise don't go around asking everyone to be your partner. Just sign up as an individual and tell me your timezone and I will attempt to give you a partner from the other applications. I do plan on advertising to a few sites, so the goal is to have a somewhat wide variety of teams here from different sites and origins. I'll try to assign people someone they already know or at least are from the same site unless there are no others left.

This game will also be Closed-ID, meaning you can't reveal to other people that you're in the game or who you are, otherwise you will be removed from the game :cry

This is an OPEN REP GAME! So long as the reps you and your partner chose are connected and have usable source pics, I'll accept them. Just make sure it's nothing too uncomfortable, I will veto it if the pair is something that I'm just not willing to search an avatar for like a pair with Dahmer in it or something, I think I had a team originally ask for a real life serial killer last game and it was a little out of my comfort zone. But if you'd like to be two tv characters, a celebrity couple, anime girls, sports legends, go for it.

And this is what the avatars will look like:

ImageImage

That's just an example pair and not a pair any team has taken, but that's an idea on how they'll look! I'm very happy with how these turned out and it fits the same general avi structure as the first game with the backgrounds connecting, so I'm going to stick with them!

The goal is for there to be TWO legs per week, for this to be a game that lasts roughly 5 or 6 weeks. This game will be set to start on
Wednesday, July 3rd!
The first leg will go up the next day after you all meet, but will not need to be completed until Sunday.

This will be on Australian time, however as it is entirely non-live you will not need to worry about that, and all legs are 100% automated. All you have to do is complete the legs within the 3-4 day period each round. I will reveal results and the eliminated team each night of the deadline at 10pm AEDT.

If you'd like to sign up for this game, send me a message and I'll reply as soon as I can. Good luck!

Last edited by Firestormer on Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Firestormer »

So I have been casting for this game for a bit, but was originally asked to wait until closer to the start date to make an official thread for this game. But since I'm closing signups in a few weeks from now, it's time to get the thread out there so that whoever wishes to join can join!

Currently I have over the required cast size for this, so we're actually fully cast already! The goal was 30 people for 15 teams, and we're at 41 people! So this game is 100% happening, and all the legs are already made. I've got a few signups from here, but if anyone else is interested in joining I'd be happy to keep the signups open a bit longer to get any interested players or teams from MS into the game. It'll be a more relaxed pace for this game, and you only need to do the legs twice a week, with the players who place last being automatically eliminated.

If you'd like to join, either message me on discord theghostoffirestorm or fill out the form below!

https://forms.gle/BWTL2jRAjmja5KXX6
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:43 am

Post by Firestormer »

Hi girls, just a quick update on how this is going to show that it's still a thing that exists!

So we have 24 teams signed up for this game, and we're well underway to start the game! Currently I'm just waiting on two more teams to decide their reps, but one team is likely to have a replacement so I've gotten a backup ready there. I'm not gonna send confirmation messages or anything because I think 48 chains will be too much to keep track of, but I think this game is going to be really good and hopefully go off without a hitch

The game will start Wednesday July 3rd, 8pm AEST! But the first leg will not be due until Sunday (and likely with an extension as a team requested it when they signed up). This is on Aussie time, but the only thing that will ever require you to be online at that time is the live placement reveals and ID reveals for eliminated teams each leg, should you be interested in seeing that happen live.

If anyone wants to be a lurker lmk and I can set that up if I get enough interest, but otherwise I think this is all until the game start!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Firestormer »

And these are the 24 teams in The Amazing Race 2!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The race will begin Wednesday, July 3rd and logins will go out at around 8pm AEST! It may be a little delayed because it's gonna be one person giving 48 logins, but the first leg won't be due until Sunday so it'll be fine. Best of luck to all the racers!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Firestormer »

The game is set to begin in 24 hours from now!

I do want to just make a note here so there is warning, I'm gonna be doing all the logins on my own, and since there's 48 people signed up it may take a little bit for them all to go out. But you'll have until Sunday 8pm AEST (or whatever time on Sunday it is as of this message in your timezone), so there's plenty of time for it.

Also, a few teams never specified who was playing which rep, so for those I just went off vibes. If you have a big preference on which rep you take and didn't tell me before, lmk before the logins go out I guess!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 pm

Post by Firestormer »

All the logins have been sent out, The Amazing Race 2 has begun! Everyone's login from here was sent via Discord as that's where we talked about the game, so check in there!

If you haven't received your login or the password doesn't work please send a message and I'll fix it asap. There's a chance I fuck something up with 48 logins at once lol
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 1

Spoiler: Teams

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

24 teams began their race around the world! They were all dropped off in a random plain, and using information hidden in the field would have to locate the city they were in! All teams quickly understood they were in Copenhagen, Denmark, and the race began!

Upon arriving in Copenhagen, they took a train and began a tracks puzzle to navigate their way to the Marble Church! Some teams flourished at the task, while a few others were forced to quit their efforts and ask a local train conductor to give them directions instead.

Once inside, teams put together a tapestry of words to symbolize unity and togetherness, but some teams found this to be too foreign and argued the entire time instead. One team in particular had a crisis of faith and LEFT the Church as their partner screamed for them to return, and when they did return they were only met with silence.....

But eventually all teams put their tapestry together and continued with the race! The next clue they received was for the Fast Forward, and would take the racers to Aalborg Zoo!

Only three teams jumped at the opportunity, and when those teams arrived they found that they had to create a mural of an animal, one row of pieces at a time! At the end of the challenge this was their creation:

Pretty! I stole it from a Legoland org! Two of the three teams put it together, but in the end only one team had the winning time and would be able to quickly check in to the Pit Stop and finish the leg early! :o

The remaining 23 teams still racing then headed to the Tivoli Gardens, their next task of the race! While most chose the scenic route by walking, a few souls were getting a little antsy and rushed to the taxi rink to save some time, worried that this could be their first and last day in the race :o The transport would ultimately not matter though, as it was a single elimination leg and this was the perfect time to save money before the real close legs begin. But all arrived in Tivoli Gardens to find...

The Roadblock for this leg of the race! This roadblock would be a 3-in-a-row challenge, my personal fave challenge of them all <3 Players would need to find which spaces were flowers and which were empty, and use that to trigger a code and advance with the race! Some leapt at the task and finished within a few minutes, one posted the roadblock in their team thread by mistake and added an hour to their time, and some more even decided the pressure of the children watching and judging was too much, and were forced to quit the roadblock in shame :(

With the roadblock finished or quit, the teams continued racing! They then came across the Yield for this leg of the race! But nobody used it so we move on.

From here, teams made their way to the Viking Ship Museum, answering questions on the way! They were then tasked with a Detour, to either solve a logic path of keys to unlock a viking ship, OR to find the fake ships amongst a sea of viking ships. Both tasks had their struggles, and some teams began booking an eye test that very same night... :(

But with the Detour complete, all 24 teams checked in to the Pit Stop in the Kingdom of Elleore, ready to find out their placement...

And also the Emerald Team and the Pearl Team were U-Turned! They had to wait an extra 10 minutes at the end of the leg.

---

Love reusing the pit stop info to get a recap post done quickly <3 We had our first leg of the race, and all 24 teams competed and finished the leg! Can we believe it, 48 active people in 2024?

The winning team after claiming the Fast Forward was!

ImageImage

Jasper Team!

The Jasper Team found themselves in the top spot and would begin the next leg in the lead! The rest of the teams trickled in, until only four remained...

1:37:30 - Jasper Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:04:40 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:14:00 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:14:12 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:20:23 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:21:14 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:21:47 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:43 - Peridot Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:17 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:52 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:38:33 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:08 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:46:33 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:00:40 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:06:20 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:19:12 - Tourmaline Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:21:13 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:25:41 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:59:50 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:05:55 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And our bottom 4 teams this leg were the Pearl Team, Quartz Team, Spinel Team and Zircon Team! Luckily for them, this was a single elimination leg (the only one for the next month), and so only one of these teams would be taken out. They were all an hour and a half behind 20th place though <3

5:30:21 - Spinel Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:43:59 - Pearl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Spinel and Pearl Teams made it through, and we were down to two! Quartz was forced to quit the roadblock after an hour and took the penalty within, as well as their team deciding to walk for some extra cash, while the Zircon Team were also forced to quit a task but chose to Taxi to make up for it. But would that matter in the long run? The final safe team was:

6:04:37 - Quartz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Quartz Team!

And so it was that the Quartz Team survived, their 6 hour time just barely getting them through! And so we said goodbye to the Zircon Team with their ICONIC 11 hour time somehow <3 They quit many tasks and had many struggles, along with just a 3 hour gap of no tasks being done at all <3

ImageImage

Zircon Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 1 Begins
0:12:39 -
Zircon Team
arrives in Denmark!
3:23:39 -
Zircon Team
takes the train! (2:04:00 penalty)
7:24:17 -
Zircon Team
puts together the tapestry! (12 minute penalty)
7:38:13 -
Zircon Team
goes for the Fast Forward! (10 minute penalty)
7:48:12 -
Zircon Team
TAXIS to Tivoli Gardens! (7 minute time)
7:51:24 -
Ochiba
begins Roadblock!
10:42:25 -
Ochiba
quits Roadblock! (104 minute penalty)
10:42:25 -
Zircon Team
arrives at Yield!
10:56:53 -
Zircon Team
TAXIS to the Viking Ship Museum! (10 minute time)
11:09:28 -
Zircon Team
arrives at Viking Ship Museum! (2 minute penalty)
11:12:22 -
Zircon Team
begins BLIND IT!
11:28:09 -
Zircon Team
completes BLIND IT!
11:31:37 - Zircon Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And with that, it was time to unmask the losing team! The Zircon Team was revealed to be none other than...

ImageImage

RosePower and boomdidi! RosePower is from CTS, while boomdidi is from both CTS and ORGY!

And with that, we were one leg and one team down, and the next leg will be a double elimination!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 2

The race continued, and all 23 remaining teams made an unspoken pact to not let their times goes into the double digit hours this leg! Luckily this would be a much easier leg than the first..... for some Image Unfortunately, we would not be going to the Land of Fire this leg. Eventually all were able to complete the task, and we were off!

Upon arriving in Maputo, the teams quickly made their way to Kruger National Park in South Africa! Here they participated in the Detour for this leg of the race!

At the detour, the teams chose between Obtain It, which would make them do a ball sorting game to sort food for the animals, or Observe It, a reverse maze where players needed to add blocks to a grid to delay a lion from reaching the end goal for as long as possible.

Upon completing the detour, teams found themselves with the next Fast Forward! Only two teams went for this, and the winning team of this Fast Forward saved themselves from elimination through using it, as they would have come 23rd had they not! A game changer, they went from last to first and proved the power of the Fast Forward and validated the twist's existence! Image

But the other 22 teams that didn't win the Fast Forward found themselves LOST in the middle of the safari, with hungry lions all around! Even the lion team wasn't safe from their hunger! Teams were made to alternate posts to escape the lions and return to safety, in a task that was half trial and error, half communication, though some teams were able to use logic to understand how long it may be and avoid a lot of unneeded extra time and turns as a result! Some were not so fortunate, and proceeded to try and find an exit on the first possible move each time.

But all escaped, and none were eaten by the lions! Production could continue the race! The teams then raced to Marcado Central, the biggest street market in Maputo! They were given a list of items to purchase from, and told that exactly three of the prices listed were FAKES that needed to be removed. Some solved this under 10 minutes, most around 20... and one team took a whole 50 Image Math was not the strong suit for all teams, but eventually they DID find the fake items and were able to continue on!

With the Yield once again being ignored, we edited it out of the episode and continued to the Roadblock!

The Roadblock this leg was a Four Colour Theorem challenge, but in the form of one with only one solution!

Most teams solved this easily and moved on, but there were some with STRUGGLES this leg! The greatest of which was to be edited out as they won the Fast Forward, but involved the player deciding they needed to type the letters by the order they coloured in letters and not alphabetically? I'm still not sure on the thought behind that Image

Teams finally found themselves doing a surprise THIRD Transport task for the leg, with this transport taking them to Bela Vista, the Pit Stop for this leg of the race! Once teams answered a couple simple trivia questions, they were able to check in and complete the leg!

ImageImage

Except for these two teams, who had to wait an extra 10 minutes as they were U-Turned! But once their time was done, they and all other teams could check in and finish the leg to see if they'd be part of the special top 21!

---

And the recap for Leg 2 was done, and I could use it to avoid having to come up with much new myself! There had, however, been a pretty good level of activity on the mains boards too! Elizabeth B had set up betting for which teams would be elimed, various teams were making pitches for others to be U-Turned (and some wanted to be U-Turned themselves so they could take one of the two U-Turn attempts now before it got to the tougher legs), and some quite simply wanted world domination Image
ImageImage

Peridot Team!

Peridot Team had an all time disaster Roadblock, and because of their winning the Fast Forward all that was revoked and they could claim first instead of last! Image And the bottom 4 teams were:

ImageImage
ImageImage

The next safe team, in 20th place was....

4:47:44 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Opal Team!

And only one safe team remained. Amethyst and Pearl were both convinced they were the ones out, for good reason too Image
ImageImage

Amethyst Team!

The Amethyst Team was safe, and continued in the race! Image But this meant we had to say goodbye to:

ImageImage

Pearl Team!

0:05:15 - Leg 2 Begins
0:08:24 -
Pearl Team
arrives in Mozambique!
0:25:59 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Kruger National Park! (17 minute time)
0:27:58 -
Pearl Team
begins OBTAIN IT!
1:43:17 -
Pearl Team
completes OBTAIN IT!
1:44:47 -
Pearl Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:20:04 -
Pearl Team
escapes the safari!
2:40:32 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Marcado Central! (20 minute time)
2:56:43 -
Pearl Team
gathers items at the market! (2 minute penalty)
2:56:43 -
Pearl Team
arrives at Yield!
2:58:03 -
Michael
begins Roadblock!
5:21:02 -
Michael
quits Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
5:39:31 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Bela Vista! (18 minute time)
5:41:38 - Pearl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Spinel Team!

0:05:00 - Leg 2 Begins
1:07:03 -
Spinel Team
arrives in Mozambique! (18 minute penalty)
1:26:39 -
Spinel Team
BIKES to Kruger National Park! (17 minute time)
1:27:39 -
Spinel Team
begins OBTAIN IT!
1:50:30 -
Spinel Team
completes OBTAIN IT!
1:51:04 -
Spinel Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:23:30 -
Spinel Team
escapes the safari!
2:39:46 -
Spinel Team
BUSES to Marcado Central! (15 minute time)
3:18:59 -
Spinel Team
gathers items from the market! (4 minute penalty)
4:20:37 -
Paris
begins Roadblock! (1 hour penalty)
5:55:35 -
Paris
QUITS Roadblock! (90 minute penalty)
6:15:46 -
Spinel Team
BIKES to Bela Vista! (18 minute time)
6:28:55 -
Spinel Team
begins U-Turn! (10 minute time, 6 minute penalty)
6:38:55 - Spinel Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Pearl and Spinel Teams ImageImage

And so it came time to unmask these next two teams, and they were:

ImageImage

ImageImage

Josh is from AusStranded, while Lawls is from ORGY and AusStranded!
(Lawls was also Mr. Mattel in Barbie for anyone here who took part in that!)

Nh and TV are both from ORGY and Stranded (the US Stranded but I've never played in it)!

And with that, we were down to just 21 teams! Next leg will be a TRIPLE BOOT, and things are sure to get exciting as teams struggle to stay afloat when three more are taken out of the game!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 3

Spoiler: Remaining Teams
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The race continues, and 21 teams rushed to escape a TRIPLE elimination, fearful of the extra pressure that this would add! Answering a collection of trivia questions about the world, players wondered: was The Buddha REALLY born in India? With several teams deciding the answer was YES and typing that in, production decided we needed to teach the cast the truth and sent our teams there for some enlightenment!

And then they all began the Roadblock and screamed in horror!

This challenge was a Diamonds challenge, aka one I made up! It was intended as a quick logic puzzle, but instead turned into a task of deductive understanding and seeing who could learn new concepts on the fly. Several couldn't! Image With a quarter of the cast quitting the roadblock and more suffering through until they solved it, all were left wondering why they had to suffer for Beau's new love of logic games? But with that question pushed to the side, we moved on.

Because we were at the Fast Forward for this leg!

The fast forward for this leg involved teammates simply alternating turns until they reached 100 with a dice roller! Only three teams took this, and ALL of them quit the roadblock, meaning that even with this win the player who won it wouldn't end up winning the leg Image But the rest of the teams raced on to see the beautiful Taj Mahal!

Here teams all put together a maze, where players had to alternate posts to create a full maze and then use those parts they passed through to trigger a filter! A simple task in concept, not so much when we looked at the images teams made Image Eventually the hosting panel sighed and just let all the cursed images pass through as long as they were valid, see below:

Spoiler: Beautiful Mazes

From here, the teams went inside the palace and began the Detour for this leg of the race!

The tasks this leg were versed to those who were good, and those who weren't good at logic. Surprisingly, most of the people not good at logic decided the luck was scarier and took an extra 30 minutes of time for no reason Image

Scribe It was a simple logic puzzle, where players needed to clue together info for five skydivers. While Spot It was a luck task, where teams had to keep posting and guessing sets of names until they found the matching pair! It is very easy to discover who took what task by looking at the post counts right now Image

But all teams got this finished, and then took part in the YIELD! Which, for once, was actually used!

And the Tourmaline team was YIELDED this leg! Adding insult to injury for their upcoming U-Turn as well Image

But we moved on, and went to the next task! Our next task had teams travel to the Kingdom of Dreams amusement park, where they would help escort a collection of children via a pattern task because the initial task I had was too confusing even for me and made the diamonds look normal and sane! Image Be thankful girls.

Some teams struggled, but most got this done quickly!

And finally, the teams went to the Pit Stop for this leg of the race in Mumbai, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! Here they did a tracks puzzle of sorts, where they had 81 tracks hidden behind image links, and had to put together the tracks to decide where the trains were heading and what spaces were unused. Some teams decided to share the gird with each other, some knowing doing so to get the penalty and move on quicker, some deciding it wouldn't give a penalty to share the whole grid... somehow? Image But all teams completed this and checked in at the Pit Stop to see if they'd be one of the three removed from the game!

ImageImage

However, the Sapphire and Tourmaline teams would be U-Turned this leg, and would have an extra 10 minutes added to their final time!

---

And we were in leg 3, ready for a TRIPLE! Image Finally the cast would begin to be cut down to a somewhat manageable size, and the board was popping off over the week Image Several teams were fighting in the U-Turn thread because the teams that wanted to be U-Turned now instead of later were being ignored, while Daphne specifically was pissed that the teams (like her own) that did NOT want U-Turn votes kept getting them all Image The betting on which team would be eliminated continued, and some teams even made threads mocking their own partners Image The board was alive and well in The Amazing Race 2....

But that's not what I'm recapping, I don't have the time to quote every post with everything else going on for that game. No, we had a race to track! The teams all lamented how painful the Roadblock was for them, and it became a bit of a dividing feature of the round as it became very clear that more than a couple people quit the task entirely Image But one team did NOT, and were able to beat out even the Fast Forward users (who did quit the FF but only 3 teams went for the FF, all of whom were in the bottom 5 when they attempted it) to take home the win this round!

ImageImage

Morganite Team!

The Morganite team had taken the win this round, and with our first sub-2 hour time without a FF use too! The cast scoffed at me saying leg 3 was an easier one, but the times don't lie :o

Most of the cast was again very competitive with their times, as something as small as a 20 minute gap sent teams down a half dozen spots. And so all of 2nd to 15th place trickled in:

1:54:48 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

1:56:00 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

1:57:08 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:17:46 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:42 - Garnet Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:28:19 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:28:47 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:29:19 - Jasper Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:32:50 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:04 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:26 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:42 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:48:53 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:09:50 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:12:32 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And then there were only 6 left, and half would be the boots this round Image

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The crowd publicly cheered for their faves (mainly Quartz and Peridot), while James took the time to fight Mal instead Image But the next two teams to be safe won safety by a very wide margin, as only the bottom 4 were ever truly in the running to leave:

3:35:57 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:39:12 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And it was the bottom 4, only one safe team remained! The safe team and first eliminated team were in a dead heat in this leg, both making it to the final task on the same minute

3:42:12 - First elim tours the amusement park!
3:42:47 - Final safe team tours the amusement park!

35 seconds apart! But it would be the final task that made all the difference, as the final safe team would steam ahead, and that was...

4:20:43 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Jade Team!

The Jade Team! Weevil's RB disaster was not to end their game just yet! Image But with this, it meant we had to say goodbye to three more teams Image

ImageImage

Peridot Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 3 Begins
0:42:31 -
Peridot Team
arrives in India! (6 minute penalty)
0:43:34 -
Terriermon
begins Roadblock!
2:33:39 -
Terriermon
quits the Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
2:52:40 -
Peridot Team
BUSES to the Taj Mahal! (17 minute time)
2:52:52 -
Peridot Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
3:13:39 -
Peridot Team
explores the palace!
3:14:59 -
Peridot Team
begins SCRIBE IT!
3:31:49 -
Peridot Team
completes SCRIBE IT!
3:31:49 -
Peridot Team
arrives at Yield!
3:42:12 -
Peridot Team
tours the amusement park!
3:59:51 -
Peridot Team
BIKES to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! (15 minute time)
4:58:01 - Peridot Team arrives at Pit Stop! (2 minute penalty)

ImageImage

Quartz Team!

0:03:00 - Leg 3 Begins
0:20:33 -
Quartz Team
arrives in India! (2 minute penalty)
3:30:16 -
Quartz Team
QUITS the Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
3:41:58 -
Quartz Team
TAXIS to the Taj Mahal! (10 minute time)
3:52:40 -
Quartz Team
goes for the Fast Forward! (10 minute time)
4:13:42 -
Quartz Team
explores the palace!
4:14:59 -
Quartz Team
begins SPOT IT!
4:20:13 -
Quartz Team
completes SPOT IT!
4:20:13 -
Quartz Team
arrives at Yield!
4:43:01 -
Quartz Team
tours the amusement park! (4 minute penalty)
4:53:55 -
Quartz Team
BUSES to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (10 minute time)
6:28:03 - Quartz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Tourmaline Team!

0:04:30 - Leg 3 Begins
0:24:27 -
Tourmaline Team
arrives in India!
0:25:40 -
Julie
begins Roadblock!
4:31:03 -
Julie
quits Roadblock! (2:10:00 penalty)
4:41:17 -
Tourmaline Team
TAXIS to the Taj Mahal! (10 minute time)
4:41:34 -
Tourmaline Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
5:08:03 -
Tourmaline Team
explores the palace!
5:09:36 -
Tourmaline Team
begins SCRIBE IT!
6:04:42 -
Tourmaline Team
completes SCRIBE IT! (4 minute penalty)
6:14:42 -
Tourmaline Team
is Yielded! (10 minute penalty)
6:27:00 -
Tourmaline Team
tours the amusement park!
6:34:09 -
Tourmaline Team
TAXIS to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! (6 minute time)
6:59:25 -
Tourmaline Team
waits out the U-Turn!
7:09:25 - Tourmaline Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Peridot, Quartz and Tourmaline teams Image The players were especially crushed over Daphne's exit, who had been the main face of the boards the entire game thus far and was fighting the good fight against people U-Turning the lower placing teams Image

But it was time to unmask these three teams, and they were:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MikeVG and Punx are from ORGY!

pon and repo are from CTS and ORGY! pon was also Physicist Barbie in Barbie!

Balki B and Thomith are from MafiaScum! Thomith is also on the CTS Discord!

And with that, we were 3 legs down and a quarter of the cast had been eliminated Image But there was ANOTHER triple boot to come next round, the second and final triple boot of the game!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:38 am

Post by T-Bone »

Just want to post to say I am following along with the updates and appreciate them! In case you were wondering if you were updating into the void
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 4

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

A quarter of the cast had been eliminated, but another triple elimination was on the horizon! Without any teams left to quit the roadblocks, the race was sure to get more competitive from now on! Our 18 teams ran through the streets of India searching for letters and a clue box to continue with the race! The teams mostly made their way through quickly, expertly avoiding the temptation to use the source code, and lucky they did because we had an anti-cheat method in the form of a fake page with the letter O that couldn't be found by clicking Image However, one team fell behind the pack and spent an hour looking for the clue box as their hopes began to dwindle Image

Eventually, all teams found the next clue box and were able to continue with the race, heading to Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Upon arriving in Argentina, teams drove to Caseros Prison and took a tour of the abandoned former prison site, in a cellblocks challenge! All but a couple teams did this without incident and moved on Image

From here, teams were to take a Taxi to their next location, Obelisco! However, this transport task was unlike others in that it fit the central point of this leg: who was willing to take a risk to survive! Most teams were not and chose the medium option to yawns everywhere, but a select few took the chance and went for the biggest risk taxi, only to learn both of the biggest risk ones were good! A few teams also chose the medium risk taxi, but somehow every one of those people chose Taxi D and lost the 1/4 chance of a bad option Image

But regardless of the taxi speed, all taxis eventually made their way to their destination, where teams participated in the Detour for this leg!

This Detour continued the feeling of risk vs avoidance for the leg, with the choices being an easy task that sounded scary, and a scary task that sounded easy Image

Blocks was a challenge where players had a grid of numbers, and had to find all the options where there were not duplicate numbers around it. While Paths was a Tile Maze, a concept that brought fear into those who knew the evils of it! Except the Blocks challenge was harder for some than expected, where half the teams took forever while the other half did the task in the 10ish minutes I expected from the task :gp And teams were rewarded for taking on the scarier sounding (or unfamiliar if they'd never heard of a tile maze) Paths, as it was fairly quick to complete!

From here, the remaining teams all looked at the Fast Forward.... and promptly ignored it, deciding they either had no use for it or someone else would get there faster. However, one team decided they had nothing to lose and went for it! Despite being in 17th place when they arrived at the Fast Forward, this team was able to claim it for themselves and walk all the way to first, saving themselves as they would've been eliminated otherwise Image

But the teams who ignored the Fast Forward all travelled to the Teatro Colon instead, to find a hidden actor in a crowd through the use of questions! It was cute! One team thought his pants were green and another said he wasn't wearing a coat until their partner ran out of dresses to ask! And one special team forfeited the task entirely, having accidentally posted the guesser role in their team thread by mistake and taking the 40 minute penalty instead... :(

But we moved on. Because next was the Yield!

And the Sugilite Team found themselves Yielded this leg and had to wait an extra 10 minutes before they could continue Image

But we continued with the race, where teams made their way to Iguazu Falls to check in to the Pit Stop! They answered some trivia on the way, before coming face to face with the Roadblock for this leg of the race!

The Roadblock required teams to go from one side of a bridge to the other to collect a clue and check in at the Pit Stop, and had to do so in the smallest amount of turns! Most understood this immediately and got to work, while a couple struggled with the instructions and wondered what the numbers meant or how you could get across when there are numbers in the way? Others had their own disaster performances as they were forced to build a spreadsheet, and one final team posted the Roadblock in their team thread by accident and were forced to complete it together to finish the leg :gp

(if anyone who didn't do the rb wants to try it now, get from left to right with a score of 60)

But with the Roadblock completed, the players returned to their partners and checked in for the end of the leg, hoping they'd make it to the final 15 and out of the triple boots stage!

ImageImage

The Opal and Sphene teams found themselves U-Turned! They would need to wait an extra 10 minutes before being able to complete the leg. But complete the leg everyone did, and it was time for results...

---

And we were in the next triple! Once again a team had used the Fast Forward and skyrocketed themselves to first place from what would otherwise have been an elimination position, and yet nobody was thinking to use the twist for themselves Image This leg proved to be a VERY competitive leg, as the top 5 teams (outside of the FF user) all ended within 70 seconds of each other! Of course, two of those five got U-Turned, but it's still impressive. And then one team ended up posting both their teamwork task and their Roadblock in their team forum and had to add an hour and 40 minutes to their time, so maybe not entirely competitive Image

Winning the fast forward and coming first, we had:

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

The Sapphire Team! The polls had them listed as a boot for the last two legs (and next leg too), but they continue to scrape through and escaped what would have been an elimination by two minutes to claim first!

The rest of the cast all filed in, having pretty close times!

2:00:53 - Sapphire Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:01 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:21 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:30 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:27:24 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:29:54 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:13 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:18 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:52 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:36:09 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:10 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:53:55 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And six teams remained, with only 3 moving on to the next leg :o

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

All of the Amethyst, Jasper and Sugilite teams began making "rip us :( " posts, expecting the worst, but when it came down to it our first two safe teams were:

2:54:41 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:06:38 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Topaz and Onyx teams! They finished with some time to spare over the other four teams, and the final safe team would be safe by only 10 minutes! And that final safe team was:

3:24:52 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sugilite Team!

The Sugilite Team! They were just barely able to survive due to picking faster transport than all their opponents, as 16th place spent 14 more minutes on regular travel and lost by 11 minutes as a result Image But these teams were all knocked out:

ImageImage

Amethyst Team!

0:03:00 - Leg 4 Begins
0:28:07 -
Amethyst Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:49:10 -
Amethyst Team
visits the cells!
1:10:40 -
Amethyst Team
picks TAXI D! (20 minute time)
1:13:23 -
Amethyst Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:46:45 -
Amethyst Team
completes BLOCKS! (8 minute penalty)
1:46:55 -
Amethyst Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:08:17 -
Amethyst Team
BIKES to Teatro Colon! (21 minute time)
2:31:20 -
Amethyst Team
finds the hidden actor!
2:31:20 -
Amethyst Team
arrives at Yield!
2:52:05 -
Amethyst Team
BIKES to Iguazu Falls! (20 minute time)
2:56:17 -
Amethyst Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls!
2:58:58 -
Taylor
begins Roadblock!
3:35:14 -
Taylor
completes Roadblock!
3:35:14 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Ruby Team!

0:02:45 - Leg 4 Begins
0:13:18 -
Ruby Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:32:47 -
Ruby Team
visits the cells!
0:54:59 -
Ruby Team
picks TAXI D! (20 minute time)
0:55:56 -
Ruby Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:19:06 -
Ruby Team
completes BLOCKS! (4 minute penalty)
1:19:18 -
Ruby Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
1:40:49 -
Ruby Team
BIKES to Teatro Colon! (21 minute time)
1:56:23 -
Ruby Team
finds the hidden actor! (2 minute penalty)
1:56:23 -
Ruby Team
arrives at Yield!
2:17:28 -
Ruby Team
BIKES to Iguazu Falls! (20 minute time)
2:28:08 -
Ruby Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls! (4 minute time)
2:29:14 -
Kyle
begins Roadblock!
3:38:23 -
Ruby Team
completes Roadblock! (2 minute penalty)
3:38:23 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Jasper Team!

0:01:45 - Leg 4 Begins
0:13:09 -
Jasper Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:43:00 -
Jasper Team
visits the cells! (2 minute penalty)
0:58:55 -
Jasper Team
takes TAXI E! (15 minute time)
0:59:39 -
Jasper Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:55:52 -
Jasper Team
switches to PATHS! (15 minute penalty)
2:04:22 -
Jasper Team
completes PATHS!
2:04:30 -
Jasper Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:16:46 -
Jasper Team
TAXIS to Teatro Colon! (12 minute time)
2:59:51 -
Jasper Team
skips the actor! (40 minute penalty)
2:59:51 -
Jasper Team
arrives at Yield!
3:10:20 -
Jasper Team
TAXIS to Iguazu Falls! (10 minute time)
3:18:08 -
Jasper Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls!
4:18:53 -
Gracie
begins Roadblock! (1 hour penalty)
4:32:32 -
Elizabeth B
completes Roadblock!
4:32:32 - Jasper Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Amethyst, Ruby and Jasper teams were eliminated Image The players were all very shocked by the Jasper team leaving, as they thought they were one of the teams to watch out for, but one bad leg can cost it all Image

We unmasked these teams, and they were:

ImageImage

Nihi and zach are from ORGY and CTS!

ImageImage

tomato is from CTS! penguin_mango is tomato's friend who is uninvolved in any community I'm in but I thought it was camp to add someone I had no contact with until rep choices came in

ImageImage

Teighteen and Snoopz are from ORGY!

And so the triple boot era was over, and the players were at the final 15! The same point that the first game started on, in leg 5 Image This cast is obscenely large I put myself through SUFFERING girls. From now on the legs would all be double boots until we reached the endgame, and it's anyone's guess who will leave next Image

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:05 am

Post by Firestormer »

The last two weeks have been hectic for me, and also I had to redo like 6 or 7 tasks to block solvers for future legs after an incident (they were allowed before then, but it'll be clearer when I talk about leg 6), so recaps took a backseat for a hot minute oops. But we're on leg 9 now and at the final 9, so things are still progressing!

Leg 5

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

15 teams departed Argentina, ready to experience a less stressful leg without the fear of a triple boot looming. And they instantly returned to stress, as the first task for this leg was a cryptogram! Luckily, this cryptogram involved a word bank of country names and was relatively easy to decode, and decode it they did! Some did trigger a filter of shame for doing the list alphabetically, but all moved on.

But as they collected their first clue box, all the teams were given the info that at the end of this leg, their current money would drop to $400 and any unspent money would be discarded! Several teams heeded that advice, one team risked it all and walked twice to get to $400 and be on an even playing field, and then a few teams just never read any of the flavor text I write for these legs and missed it entirely Image How would they react upon realising they threw away $300, we shall soon find out...

But before we could worry about that, the teams found out they had the Roadblock! So early too!

The teams competed in a variant of Triple Triad, where they had to put together a design so that all the links matched! It was surprisingly a lot easier with the colours than the numbers, and none of the teams had any major struggles! This is my pitch for this to be the meta instead of the numbers from now on.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

With all teams quickly getting the Roadblock done, they next found the details for the Fast Forward!

And FOUR teams went for the Fast Forward this leg! However... one finished the Fast Forward and then forgot to post the final image to complete the Fast Forward, skipping it and moving on to the next task :gp And another team did the task... but when asked to reverse each row they did the entire grid in reverse and failed it, and so somehow this Fast Forward defeated two teams. The other two teams, however, were a close match, and the winner of the Fast Forward was decided by less than a minute! :o

The remaining 14 teams all travelled to the Ubud Monkey Forest, and began searching for their next clue! While some teams zoomed through, others were left monkeying around and could NOT find their way through! Image After an age of search, however, eventually the teams were able to find the clue, which made them retrace their steps which some teams did NOT do while trying to run through the challenge Image

Leaving the Monkey Forest, teams opened their clue to find strips of paper, which needed to be put together to determine their next location! A couple teams did this in about 5 minutes, while others took over 20... and others proceeded to just give their partner the order or tell their partner the next move each time, believing that this would not give them the penalty for doing it themselves. It did :(

But all the teams learned their next location, the Istiqlal Mosque, and drove there to find the Yield for this leg of the race!

And the Onyx Team found themselves Yielded for this leg of the race! With the U-Turn also approaching, would they be able to survive?

From here, the teams went to the Detour for this leg of the race!

And they had to choose between a logic puzzle or a word search!

Found It was a basic word search, but players could work together to solve it with a list of 40 words related to Indonesia! Fun fact, it was supposed to have 4 words missing that would trigger the filter to end the task, but I accidentally forgot to remove any of the words so we had to shift it last second Image And Round It was a slitherlink, a type of logic puzzle that was pretty unknown to people playing... except those who took it and solved it within a few minutes as I sobbed into my hands at the balancing Image My cohosts thought it was harder than the players in a rare change of fate.

But there was no time to dwell on that, because the final tasks of the leg approached!

The teams all quickly solved some trivia as they made their way to the Pit Stop, in Nusa Lembongan! But once there they had to board a boat to check in, and came face to face with terror: a Battleships puzzle.

Some teams solved it within a few minutes. Others... did not :gp One team decided that I must have a mistake and there must be multiple solutions, before finding out 30 minutes later they just forgot a square to add to the filter Image Some simply did not solve it for 40ish minutes, and one special team SUNK their battleship as the camera crew looked on in fear! But what could that mean???? How could production fix the broken boats???

We will soon find out, but before we do, we saw which teams had been U-Turned...

ImageImage

The O-Teams found themselves U-Turned! With Opal being the FIRST team to receive a second U-Turn, if they survive this leg they will be IMMUNE for the rest of the race to it! :o But would they? And would Onyx survive their double hit of a U-Turn and a Yield in the same leg? We're about to find out, because it's time for results!

---

With an equalizer money task thrown in, most teams would be on an equal playing field after this leg! Resident broke girls Jade and Sapphire would remain in the trenches of money, but almost everyone else was on the comfortable $400 at the end of the leg! But who would survive long enough to make use of this?

Well, our Fast Forward winners absolutely would, having used the Fast Forward from one of the back spots in the game! They won the Fast Forward by only 30 seconds too! And our winners were:

ImageImage

Onyx Team!

The Onyx Team! Despite being U-Turned AND Yielded this leg, the Fast Forward basically negated both these things and allowed the Onyx Team to net the win for this leg of the race! Image

The rest of the teams began to file in, until there were only five left...

1:42:50 - Onyx Team checks in at the Pit Stop!

1:59:51 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:23:09 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:24:00 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:38:28 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:38:56 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:40:02 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:47:36 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:59:12 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:07:46 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And so only five remained:

ImageImage
ImageImage

All five completely fell apart on the Battleships Task Image Opal Team became convinced they had found an alternate solution, only to figure out 40 minutes later they had solved it correctly all along but missed one square in the filter every time they attempted the filter. The Citrine Team was headed by Ryan while Sharpay jetsetted her way on her luxury cruise Image The Sphene and Sugilite teams went for the Fast Forward, taking a vital 10 minute penalty in a leg where it would come down to only a couple minutes on who would leave. And Sapphire was just stumbling along, not having any major blowups besides the Battleships but still being near the bottom in every task. But when it came down to it, our first teams was safe...

3:28:10 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And Sapphire was safe for the round. Only ONE MINUTE behind them was the next safe team in...

3:29:13 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Sphene Team!! Their Fast Forward attempt (that they lost by only 30 seconds) almost cost them the race, but they narrowly escaped the bottom 3.

And only three teams remained. Citrine, Opal and Sugilite. And the final safe team was...

3:30:38 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Opal Team!

The Opal Team! They survived their second U-Turn and would be IMMUNE to it for the remainder of the game, and became the final survivors of the night! Which meant...

ImageImage

Sugilite Team!

0:03:30 - Leg 5 Begins
0:30:09 -
Sugilite Team
arrives in Indonesia! (2 minute penalty)
0:30:22 -
Villanelle
begins Roadblock!
0:41:02 -
Villanelle
completes Roadblock!
1:12:07 -
Sugilite Team
WALKS to the Ubud Monkey Forest! (30 minute time)
1:22:27 -
Sugilite Team
1:44:15 -
Sugilite Team
plays with the monkeys! (2 minute penalty)
2:16:15 -
Sugilite Team
drives to Istiqlal Mosque! (1 minute penalty)
2:16:15 -
Sugilite Team
arrives at Yield!
2:17:35 -
Sugilite Team
begins FOUND IT!
2:37:17 -
Sugilite Team
completes FOUND IT!
3:00:03 -
Sugilite Team
BUSES to Nusa Lembongan! (22 minute time)
3:09:05 -
Sugilite Team
arrives at Nusa Lembongan! (4 minute penalty)
3:34:42 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Citrine Team!

0:02:45 - Leg 5 Begins
0:20:39 -
Citrine Team
arrives in Indonesia!
0:20:54 -
Ryan
begins Roadblock!
0:31:46 -
Ryan
completes Roadblock!
0:51:32 -
Citrine Team
BUSES to the Ubud Monkey Forest! (19 minute time)
1:01:44 -
Citrine Team
1:22:56 -
Citrine Team
plays with the monkeys! (2 minute penalty)
1:52:18 -
Citrine Team
drives to Istiqlal Mosque! (10 minute penalty)
1:53:09 -
Citrine Team
begins ROUND IT!
2:03:18 -
Citrine Team
completes ROUND IT!
2:33:50 -
Citrine Team
BIKES to Nusa Lembongan! (30 minute time)
2:40:56 -
Citrine Team
arrives at Nusa Lembongan! (2 minute penalty)
4:44:08 - Citrine Team SINKS THEIR BOAT! (1:08:00 penalty)

The Sugilite and Citrine teams had been eliminated from the race Image The Citrine boot had been a shock to players until they learned of Sharpay's cruise adventure (and Ryan needing to do the leg mostly alone as no images loaded for Sharpay on the cruise wifi), as they had won a prior leg (or come 2nd to a Fast Forward user) so this was a big hit to a dark horse team! And the Sugilite team could no longer escape, their attempt to save themselves with the Fast Forward surprisingly becoming their undoing. The twist keeps getting production value.

We unmasked these teams, and they were:

ImageImage

reilly queens and mfan are from CTS!

ImageImage

Mist and mallowgeno are from MafiaScum!

And two more teams fell! With the race at the halfway point with 13/24 teams, things were going to be heating up in this later portion of the race! And the next leg to come was... an unfortunate one that we'll need to weather to continue with the remainder of the race!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Fri Aug 02, 2024 1:24 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 6/7

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Previously, on The Amazing Race!

13 teams set off on a race around the world and found themselves in Romania, where anything that could go wrong DID go wrong! First, teams attempted to solve a Rotation Circle challenge!

*shot of a team posting all 8 filters at once, gaining a 14 minute penalty*
*shot of another team doing the same thing*
*shot of two more teams doing the same thing*
*shot of one team just skipping the math circle and moving on one minute after the leg started, earning a 90 minute penalty for skipping tasks and the bragging rights of knowing Romania is the only country with 7 letters and a 9 letter capital?*

From there, they attempted the Roadblock!

*shot of a team member doing both the sitout code and the roadblock code in their confessional*
*shot of a team using a solver which was legal but also caused disaster for the challenge and meant the roadblock was cancelled and solvers were banned and future legs would be remade to be solverless*
*shot of Jessie's 50 minute 2000 scoreboard*

And various other tasks!

(mud task from the Pemberley game where each red square has a cumulative score the more you pass through in a row, so going through 1 is 1, 2 in a row is 3 (1 + 2), 3 in a row is 6 (1 + 2 + 3) and so on, this determines your time and penalties for the task)

*shot of one team also skipping an ABC Path as their partner looks on in confusion*
*shot of the people who kept going "I'm going left next!" in a sliding path task where you can't talk*
*shot of Onyx crying over the Bridges*

And some teams even decided to battle it out with production!

*shot of the player who kept making "how can I trust the rules after this???" posts in response to the solver removal despite being unrelated to the solver issue that I was fighting for my life to not eject for the sake of their partner*

And when it came down to it, the race was being held on by a thread. The people were tired, and it was time to rest. And so it was that the leg would be cancelled and Leg 7 would continue the race as normal. And onto our regularly scheduled programming!

---

13 Teams departed Romania, convinced the last three days had been a fever dream! Who was given a second lease on life, who can say? Not even the cohosts knew who was going to be booted there, but they DID know that the race had to go on! Image But with all teams looking at their maps for the country the right distance away, all were off!

And quickly found the most impactful task of the leg, the Detour!

Teams had to choose between Place It and Build It!

Place It was a simple game of Mahjong Solitaire, but every shuffle the players made would add 5 minutes to their time. This could either be a very fast or very slow challenge depending on their ability! Build It was a task of following instructions, with one of the five instructions in each set being fake! Keen eyed players may have noticed we can't actually use punctuation in our filters or it'll break the filters, but nobody did in the moment :sadtorch

And this Detour had a HUGE array of times from great to terrible on both sides. Some teams ended the Mahjong with 10 mins of penalty or less (added to the task that takes like 10 minutes), while others took 40! Image And the Build It detour... well I didn't know I could add penalties to a task without penalties for wrong guesses, but some players were eager to get as many guesses in per post as they could! While some simply did not follow the rules correctly and were left scrambling. It was a true breaking point for some teams.

But eventually, all completed the task and moved on! Next, the teams all headed to the Fast Forward, where they learned this was the FINAL Fast Forward of the race!

And nobody went for it because they assumed a bunch of other teams would, meaning it went fully unused this leg Image Image Image Farewell to a twist that was surprisingly impactful but also surprisingly pointless.

Next, the teams answered trivia about Camaroon in the town of Akonolinga! This was solved without incident for the most part, barring the teams that skipped questions...

And so the teams went to search the forest next! Every team agreed on the same two types of option to pick from the large forest, and that being either the 15 minute time or the 20 minute time with $100 added. But one adventurous team looked even further and managed to find the 10 minute advantage! This was again solved without incident, but it was a cute nod to the show because this was a task on TAR5 that I always wanted to add.

From there, teams found themselves at the Yield for this leg of the race!

And the Lapis Team found themselves Yielded! Would this matter, or would a big name find themselves unceremoniously cast aside? :o

But there was no time to worry about that, as the Roadblock was next!

The Roadblock had teams investigate for clues among a list of songs, and most solved this in an okayish time! Some players rose to the occasion and got it done in under 10 minutes, and then the back of the pack had around a 30 minute time. Everyone was able to solve the task without much disaster though, and they were able to look at a lot of songs they had completely forgotten about and forgot again as soon as the task ended!

From here, the teams all raced to the finish by moving around the streets of Yaounde to find the next clue and finish the race! This was a logic puzzle where teams could fill as many of the tiles as they could, so long as they didn't go to the same colour again until landing on two other colours! Some teams were even able to solve the full 100 fairly quickly which I was NOT expecting! Others.... struggled a lot more Image All had correct submissions, but it would have felt like failure in the moment. At least everyone got over 80/100 Image

The teams then made their way to the Bandjoun Art Station, where some teams decided to save a little money while others blew everything they had left for the hope of survival, but would it be enough? And after completing a final task of Logic Gems (aka the Bento Boxes from iconic legend Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge), they checked in to the Pit Stop to see if they survived! All but one team solved this fairly quickly, but the team that struggled... really struggled :(

Once arriving at the Pit Stop, the teams learned the U-Turn hit

ImageImage

Sapphire and Topaz! With Sapphire hitting their second U-Turn, could they survive to be immune in future? And would the lions be able to keep going for their pride? We'll soon find out...

---

So that leg 6 was a disaster, and we quickly moved past it and onto a new leg! It was also a neon sign to me that I'm ready to stop hosting for a long time after this game ends Image But leg 7 was here to save us, and after an ignored final Fast Forward, we were ready to see the results of everyone's regular times from now on! Winning this leg was none other than:

ImageImage

Aquamarine Team!

The Aquamarine Team were in 1st for about 90% of the leg, winning with a clear first place! The other teams began to trickle in, until there were only four left:

2:23:08 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:37 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:51:37 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:06:18 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:08:12 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:20:02 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:26:08 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:31:47 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:35:59 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And then there were four.

ImageImage
ImageImage

The Emerald Team had 40 minutes of additional time at the end of the Mahjong, along with the slowest Streets time of the cast. The Onyx Team did great this leg! Except they forgot the "one filter per post" rule and went filter-happy in the detour, they would have been in 4th otherwise Image The Opal team had the slowest Roadblock time and the slowest Instruction detour time barring the Onyx filters. And finally Sapphire had the same Mahjong problems and the 2nd slowest Logic Gems times, and the U-Turn hit them too Image

But who will live? Only three minutes separate 11th place from 13th place, so it could be anyone!

In 10th place, with a clear survival over the others, we had:

3:39:16 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Opal Team!

The Opal Team were safe! They were about 20 minutes ahead of the bottom 3, but safety still counts! And they had made it all the way to the top 11 without ever having a single digit placement Image

But only three teams remained, and it would all come down to 3 minutes. The safe team in 11th place took 2:58:23, while 13th place took 4:01:58.

3:58:23 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

The Sapphire Team, resident underdogs of the game, barely made it through another round! Which means...

ImageImage

Onyx Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 7 Begins
0:03:54 -
Onyx Team
arrives in Cameroon!
0:06:43 -
Onyx Team
begins BUILD IT!
1:53:58 -
Onyx Team
completes BUILD IT! (66 minute penalty)
2:13:13 -
Onyx Team
BIKES to Akonolinga! (18 minute time)
2:13:36 -
Onyx Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:31:50 -
Onyx Team
answers the trivia! (4 minute penalty)
2:52:29 -
Onyx Team
chooses Option 5! (15 minute time)
2:52:29 -
Onyx Team
arrives at Yield!
2:55:58 -
Elizabeth
begins Roadblock!
3:06:24 -
Elizabeth
completes Roadblock!
3:28:38 -
Onyx Team
gets a score of 92! (4 minute penalty)
3:51:27 -
Onyx Team
BUSES to Bandjoun Art Station! (22 minute time)
4:00:58 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Emerald Team!

0:00:45 - Leg 7 Begins
0:02:20 -
Emerald Team
arrives in Cameroon!
0:04:29 -
Emerald Team
begins BUILD IT!
0:21:37 -
Emerald Team
switches to PLACE IT! (7 minute penalty)
1:33:42 -
Emerald Team
completes PLACE IT! (40 minute penalty)
1:52:03 -
Emerald Team
BIKES to Akonolinga! (18 minute time)
1:52:50 -
Emerald Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:16:52 -
Emerald Team
answers the trivia! (14 minute penalty)
2:36:05 -
Emerald Team
chooses Option 11! (15 minute time)
2:36:05 -
Emerald Team
arrives at Yield!
2:36:54 -
Toad
begins Roadblock!
2:46:27 -
Toad
completes Roadblock!
3:26:09 -
Emerald Team
gets a score of 94! (3 minute penalty)
3:53:03 -
Emerald Team
BIKES to Bandjoun Art Station (26 minute time)
4:01:58 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Onyx and Emerald teams had been eliminated from the race! Emerald in particular had been a team of frontrunners who just had one bad leg, and as the elimination was being revealed summarised the thoughts with this post:
Frog wrote:"Let's just bike," Frog said

"it barely loses time."
Choosing Bus instead of Bike when he made this post during the leg would have saved 4 minutes, saving them from the race Image Meanwhile Onyx had gone from 1st to eliminated, having most likely been saved by the cancelled leg because of their 2 hour time on the Bridges detour the leg before, only to be cut down anyway due to not noticing the rules against multiple filters to avoid brute forcing challenges and then doing a Detour five filters at a time for 33 extra penalties by the end Image

But it was now time to reveal our next boots, and they were:

ImageImage

gunnaka and Josh are from ORGY and NDIM! Also yes there were two Josh signups and they signed up the same day on different boards it was beyond confusing Image

ImageImage

Sheebshib and Conrad are from ORGY and Stranded!

And with these next eliminations, we were at the final 11! Two more teams would be cut next leg to take us down to single digits, and it could happen to anyone at this point!

mallowgeno
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
mallowgeno
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sat Aug 03, 2024 12:05 am

Post by mallowgeno »

Tragic
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:42 am

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 8

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

11 teams departed Cameroon for the 8th leg of the race, all vying for the chance to be part of that illustrious single digits club! After using a number path to determine the coordinates of Shanghai Pudong International Airport, all the teams made their way to Shanghai, China!

And once they landed, all the teams made their way to the China Art Palace to help assemble a collection of dragon heads for a new exhibit! However, they would need to tell their partners the descriptions of the heads and the locations of them to recreate this!

Some teams thrived, making great use of their communication to get through the task quickly and finishing the task in under 30 minutes. Some teams... didn't! One team had their partner on a phone and unable to give the info quickly, forcing them to take the penalty. And one final team posted both sides of the task in their team thread instead of their confessionals Image Somehow, neither of those teams were the slowest in this task.

Upon completing this task, all teams made their way to Yu Gardens!

And at the gardens, teams would need to solve a Dominos challenge! Usually these are with numbers, but I changed it to letters. This task had a WIDE variety of times taken, with a few taking under 30 minutes, a lot taking between 30 minutes and an hour, and then the final stragglers taking over an hour Image Oh, and the player who was forced to quit the task Image

With this Roadblock completed, the teams then solved a sliding puzzle that told them to go to Longmen Grottoes, which is where the Yield for this leg of the race could be found!

And the Opal team found themselves Yielded! With Louie also being forced to do the leg on his own while Olimar cheered him on via his phone, would the two survive? Or would this be the end for them?

We kept that in our minds as we continued to the Detour for this leg of the race, a Detour I think can be best described as jank. I made it at 2am the night of the leg going out I did my best Image

But this Detour tested players awareness in reading and in a maze! Both tasks created unspeakable horrors for teams!

Stack It was a Maze, and as players traversed the maze they would need to type the letter corresponding to the area they went through! This sounded simple enough, and everyone who did the challenges finished the mazes without issue, but the real struggle came from noticing every time they passed through an area, and one team amassed over 30 minutes of penalties alone from this task as a result. And then other teams did it fast and had no issues at all, such is life.

Combine It was a Word Insert challenge, where players had two crosswords and had to add the names of one player per team to the grid to fill it out! The first grid had no issues, but unfortunately we did not have time to do the regular round of cohost testing, so the lions became unwitting sacrificial lambs and had to discover that there were in fact multiple solutions to the puzzle and had to be given a credit for when they solved the puzzle with an alternate answer. We changed the puzzle after that to simply give the code, while asking players to post a completed image of that puzzle to make sure they do it right.... which some teams did, while others just skipped the puzzle :(

A lesson learned, don't post a leg before you do the extra host testing.

But with that Detour out of the way, the players had to make their way to the Forbidden City in Beijing for the Pit Stop!

To complete the leg, players would need to solve two ESCAPE ROOMS to find keys and check in to the Pit Stop! The players would need to turn on tvs, light candles, mix potions and do whatever they could to advance and complete the leg! The most notable task being to turn on a tv using the codes from a nearby vending machine to unlock a coin and escape the room! Players also navigated a haunted house, finding candles across four rooms and bringing them all to the center room to light them, perform an incantation and create a key of escape! Some players had a LOT of penalties during this room, but all eventually solved it and were able to complete the leg! It did take some teams well over an hour though :(

ImageImage

But the Morganite and Topaz Teams found themselves U-Turned! For Topaz it would be the second time in a row, meaning they would be immune for the final three U-Turns should they survive this leg. But would they? And would Morganite survive their first hit? We're about to find out...

---

And so the 8th leg of the race was done, and we would be finding out which teams made it to single digits! One team was so dominant that no other teams stood a chance, ending the leg almost an hour ahead of 2nd place!

ImageImage

The Aquamarine Team were once again victorious, winning back to back legs and everyone openly said they'd be U-Turning them the final 2 legs before finale as the biggest threat Image And then the remaining cast also checked in

3:09:37 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:57:26 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:04:49 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:05:22 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:06:33 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:01:16 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:06:44 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage
ImageImage

The Jade Team had the slowest Teamwork time, along with the longest transport as they tried to use a Taxi without enough money to buy a taxi Image The Morganite Team were forced to quit the Roadblock Image The Opal Team had Louie do the leg alone while Olimar tried in vain to help from his phone Image And finally, Sapphire had by far the longest Detour time because of extra spots on the mazes Image

But whose disasters were less severe....

5:26:39 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

The Sapphire Team once again barely survived the leg! Image The entire cast celebrated them, but then it was revealed that the difference between 9th and 10th place was only 5 minutes despite how long the leg took! Who would be the one to just barely fall, and who would survive? The final survivor was...

5:55:40 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Jade Team!

Which means...

ImageImage

Opal Team!

0:02:15 - Leg 8 Begins
0:26:25 -
Opal Team
arrives in China! (4 minute penalty)
1:30:36 -
Opal Team
places the dragons! (40 minute penalty)
1:59:57 -
Opal Team
WALKS to Yu Gardens! (29 minute time, no money gained)
2:00:10 -
Louie
begins Roadblock!
2:49:00 -
Louie
completes Roadblock! (10 minute penalty)
3:16:52 -
Opal Team
arrives at Longmen Grottoes! (15 minute penalty)
3:26:52 -
Opal Team
3:27:22 -
Opal Team
begins STACK IT!
4:02:35 -
Opal Team
completes STACK IT! (10 minute penalty)
4:21:59 -
Opal Team
BIKES to the Forbidden City! (19 minute time)
4:27:12 -
Opal Team
arrives at the Forbidden City! (2 minute penalty)
6:00:51 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop! (28 minute penalty)

ImageImage

Morganite Team!

0:00:45 - Leg 8 Begins
0:12:13 -
Morganite Team
arrives in China!
1:10:56 -
Morganite Team
places the dragons! (40 minute penalty)
1:32:10 -
Morganite Team
BUSES to Yu Gardens! (20 minute time)
1:32:34 -
Neeko
begins Roadblock!
4:17:15 -
Neeko
quits the Roadblock (90 minute penalty)
4:25:40 -
Morganite Team
arrives at Longmen Grottoes!
4:25:40 -
Morganite Team
arrives at Yield!
4:26:56 -
Morganite Team
begins STACK IT!
5:14:59 -
Morganite Team
completes STACK IT! (24 minute penalty)
5:25:19 -
Morganite Team
TAXIS to the Forbidden City! (10 minute penalty)
5:26:34 -
Morganite Team
arrives at the Forbidden City!
6:25:34 -
Morganite Team
waits out the U-Turn! (28 minute penalty, 10 minute penalty)
6:35:34 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Opal Team had been Yielded out of the race! :o And the Morganite Team, frontrunners the entire game, had a shock exit in 11th place! Lapis then asked Jade if they were the ones who used the Yield, prompting Rex to admit they had actually used their Yield on Lapis the round before Image Btw fun fact for Opal, despite coming 10th overall, they never had a single digit placement the entire game Image

But with our eliminations came unmasking, and our latest boots were:

ImageImage

ImageImage

AveryC is from ORGY and AusStranded! Cheery Dog is from ORGY, AusStranded and MafiaScum!

Lallama and Haters are from ORGY!

And we were at our final 9! The game popped off last round as players began fighting over the U-Turns and who were the biggest threats to take out in these late stages, and we're so close to the end now!

Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2024 11:00 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't think I like that fun fact, despite it being true. Would have somehow been better had we finished ninth with that statistic, but obviously that wasn't possible to achieve.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:16 am

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 9

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Now in single digits, our final 9 teams made their way to Ottawa, Canada! After completing a quick word search to see how many times Canada appeared in an image, they were off!

From here, the teams made their way to the Haunted Ottawa Jail Tour, where they were attacked by GHOSTS!!! Image Image Image The ghosts came in the form of text floating across the screen in the form of images!

But within these images were four words that could be used to create a filter and advance, and advance they did! All teams solved this without much issue, though one team was tripped up by only finding the first three words at first and took a lot longer to find the final one :(

After that, teams were asked to construct a mural with rotating pieces so that all the pieces fit together! Fun fact, this was actually based off a Blue's World game challenge and that challenge did NOT have the starting piece given to you, all of the pieces were all 4 options so I made this an easier version of the challenge concept Image

From here, all teams made their way to the Detour for this leg of the race!

This task had teams choose between either a longer but clearer task in Counting, or a faster but harder task in Studying!

Counting had players solve a Calculation Puzzle, which required them to solve basic math equations and link the answers to a cryptogram to get the instructions for a trigger! All teams that did this task solved it in around 20-30 minutes, so it had a pretty static time. Studying had players answer questions about the Periodic Table of Elements! And this had a wildly different result, with one team getting all questions right on the first go and ending in only 7 minutes, other teams taking roughly 20ish minutes, and then two teams got stuck for a while on a question about fountain pens, deciding to trust wikipedia with the info after last leg showed wikipedia was not the best source in this regard Image And finally, one team was able to solve everything... except for the planet question, becoming convinced the answer was Neptunium, Uranium or Plutonium and ignoring the answer of Mercury. They eventually decided to quit the task and switch to Counting after also deciding that Tin foil hats was probably a trick question and that it actually meant aluminium :(

But eventually all teams were able to escape this hurdle and continue with the race! And they found themselves at the Yield!

And the Beryl team found themselves Yielded! With them also being U-Turned, they'd have an uphill battle to survive the race!

The teams all made their way to the CN Tower, where they would need to make their way through nine differently coloured doors to advance with the race! Some teams immediately understood the "go through each door once" aspect of the task, others didn't. And so they were off! With one exception, all teams solved this within an hour, though some teams had one player that figured out the path while their partner was unable to figure it out, so they had to go until their partner figured out the answer too...

Five teams solved this without incident or resetting except in the case of broken filters or dead ends. One team was doing it right, but then one player accidentally reset their partner's chain to give them the right answer, immediately understood their mistake and quickly solved it themselves to move on. And of the three teams that were intentionally resetting, one learned of their error midway through the leg and had a breakdown and came back a little bit later to finish the leg, one understood resetting 18 times to push their partner to the right answer warranted a penalty for helping, and one team simply got mad. The players intentionally resetting their chain when they had legal moves to make did receive the regular 2 minute penalty per offence though (this also applied to the one team that began intentionally doing broken filters to make their partner reset the chain once they solved the answer, but only when the intent was undeniably clear like typing YY as the 2nd move when their partner started with Yellow).

Finally, the teams made their way to Moraine Lake for the Roadblock of this leg of the race! This task was a Hexologic puzzle, where the grey hexagons equalled the total of all the non-grey ones of the same colour!

Some teams breezed through this task, most took an okayish time to complete. And then one team posted their task in their Team Thread halfway through and took an hour penalty for sharing info Image And then another took 2 hours to solve it normally, which was not something we expected at all Image But with all the teams solving this, they checked into the Pit Stop and completed the leg!

ImageImage

And the Beryl/Lapis teams found themselved U-Turned for this leg of the race! At this late stage in the game, could this prove fatal? We'll find out...

---

And it was the final 9! With only three legs left until the finale, anyone could fall now! We had seen shock boots in Emerald and Morganite the last two legs, so nobody was safe until their name was called Image The U-Turn became a huge deal this leg as there was a 5 page argument about which teams were best to use it on or to wait for later and whether the Blue Alliance and Villains Alliance that had been thrown around all game was a joke.... or something deeper :o

But the first team that WAS safe is!

ImageImage

Agate Team!

The Agate Team! Their first leg win, and their first podium finish in general!

The top 5 teams made their way in!

2:37:56 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:56:26 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:16:07 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:23:13 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:23:38 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage
ImageImage

The Garnet team killed most of the leg, but took a while in the Gates and took 2 hours on the Roadblock :( Jade Team restarted their chain or had other illegal moves made a total of 24 times (not including regular broken filters which we did not mark as penalties for any teams, only when they actually passed through and got the image), adding to the regular 40 mins for helping by doing this Image Lapis were forced to switch Detours, then had to also take a break mid-Gates :( And Sapphire never had any of these issues, but were simply the slowest team to not quit a task or take an incredibly large penalty in every single challenge, barring the Roadblock where they were 2nd last to Garnet Image

In 6th place, still in the competition was...

4:31:47 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Garnet Team!

The Garnet Team! Despite their 2 hour Roadblock time (the next slowest time, besides Sphene posting the Roadblock in her team thread by accident and adding an hour was Sapphire at just under an hour Image ) they were still in the race! The final boot would come down to about 10 minutes, and the final safe team was:

5:01:34 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

The Sapphire Team! Despite being at the bottom of every leg (except the leg they won via the Fast Forward, which they would have been eliminated in had they not won it then), they were safe and in the final 7!!!

And this meant we had to say goodbye to:

ImageImage

Jade Team!

0:02:00 - Leg 9 Begins
0:11:54 -
Jade Team
arrives in Canada! (5 minute penalty)
0:17:51 -
Jade Team
tours the haunted mansion!
0:34:16 -
Jade Team
TAXIS to the Art Gallery of Ontario! (15 minute time)
0:49:06 -
Jade Team
puts the mural together!
0:52:06 -
Jade Team
begins STUDYING!
1:25:59 -
Jade Team
completes STUDYING! (10 minute penalty)
1:25:59 -
Jade Team
arrives at Yield!
4:05:06 -
Jade Team
explores the CN Tower! (1:28:00 penalty)
4:28:55 -
Jade Team
WALKS to Moraine Lake! (23 minute time)
4:29:29 -
Rex
begins Roadblock!
5:03:54 -
Rex
completes Roadblock!
5:11:54 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop! (2 minute penalty)

ImageImage

Lapis Team!

0:00:15 - Leg 9 Begins
0:23:23 -
Lapis Team
arrives in Canada! (9 minute penalty)
0:41:01 -
Lapis Team
tours the haunted jail! (2 minute penalty)
1:04:25 -
Lapis Team
BIKES to the Art Gallery of Ontario! (23 minute time)
1:25:17 -
Lapis Team
puts the mural together!
1:26:09 -
Lapis Team
begins STUDYING!
2:16:33 -
Lapis Team
switches to COUNTING! (19 minute penalty)
2:46:53 -
Lapis Team
completes COUNTING!
2:46:53 -
Lapis Team
arrives at Yield!
4:30:06 -
Lapis Team
explores the CN Tower! (46 minute penalty)
4:40:38 -
Lapis Team
TAXIS to Moraine Lake! (10 minute time)
4:41:20 -
Lapis Team
begins Roadblock!
4:55:47 -
Lapis Team
completes Roadblock!
5:02:45 -
Lapis Team
waits out the U-Turn! (10 minute penalty)
5:12:45 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Jade and Lapis Teams Image The Jade Team had been bouncing back and forth through the placements the entire game, being the last to survive at some points and then the top of the game at others Image Meanwhile Lapis had been easily the second strongest team in the race to Aquamarine, having been in the top 3 on 4/7 prior legs, so this was a huge shock to the entire cast who thought they were a lock for the finale :o

But we had to unmask our newest boots, and they were:

ImageImage

Bad Asp and Aura are from ORGY!

ImageImage

Jyagaimasu is from ORGY and AusStranded! Desert is from ORGY! This was Desert's second org as well Image

And so we were down to our final 7, and I'm up to date on the recaps now omg! Only three more legs in the race remain!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:33 am

Post by Firestormer »

And since we're up to date, the placements leading up to the final 3 legs!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Aug 09, 2024 11:05 am

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 10

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The final 7 teams continued the race, all hoping to make it to the penultimate leg for their chance at victory! To start the leg, the remaining teams solved a directional maze! Some teams had the plan of going backwards from the start, while others decided to pick a random spot on the board and follow it until they were done.... and one final team misunderstood the rules for an hour and a half before solving it Image

From here, teams took part in the Detour for this leg of the race!

This Detour saw teams choosing between a logic puzzle, and a search.

Filler was a Grid Search, in which teams were given four grids and a collection of images, and needed to find which grids each item belonged to! Number was a Hex-Num puzzle, which is kinda like a hexagonal sudoku puzzle I found on a Flash game?

All teams took about the same time on each, it was balanced! Detours are a hellish concept btw, if anyone ever hosts a TAR game of their own my greatest advice is to abandon them and not even care about that piece of realism to the show. The country trivia too unless you want to make it the blandest questions possible, the immersion is cute but god is it the least important part of the leg but the most likely to go wrong Image

From here, every team continued to the Rewa River for their next task!

At the Rewa River, the teams had to kayak through the rapids to find clues at the end of their paths in the form of linear mazes, where they would need to go up or down the line every time they reached a vertical line!

Almost every team did this in about 20-30 minutes, with only a couple stragglers at the end Image But with this completed, the teams continued to Thurston Gardens for a Flood Fill challenge! Alternating posts, the teams needed to continuously change the colour of one corner of the grid and connect any connecting squares of the same colour to flood the board until eventually the grid was one singular colour! Every team solved this without any issue.

And upon completing this, the teams found the Yield for this leg of the race!

And the Aquamarine Team found themselves Yielded for this leg of the race! Would they survive this and the U-Turn to come? We'll find out...

And next came the dreaded...

A Roadblock I was worried was difficult, but when put under testing was told by my cohost it was "ridiculously easy" and solved in a few minutes Image I deleted a puzzle from it and cut it down to two anyway just to be safe. It was not nearly enough Image

This Roadblock was a basic Match Three puzzle, in the same vein as Bejeweled or Candy Crush! Players would shift an item one to the side and try to cause a match of three or more, and would need to clear the board in the lowest number of turns!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

And only two teams were able to solve it :gp The teams quit in various times, but hilariously it seemed like the quit times actually had no effect on who was booted this round! All that mattered was who DID quit... but this challenge definitely fuelled more "this was hellish! evil!" comments that added another point onto the growing tally of reasons I won't host a third game of this Image

But with the two successes and five quits down, every team was in a RUSH to get to the end safely! After answering some trivia, the final teams completed a few combination lock puzzles before landing at the U-Turn for this leg of the race!

ImageImage

And it was the Aquamarine and the Garnet Teams that found themselves U-Turned for the first time! We'll soon find out if that will spell the end of the race for either of them.....

---

And our next leg was complete! Literally all 7 teams were convinced they were eliminated after this leg Image But the winning team was!

ImageImage

Beryl Team!

The Beryl Team! They were at the top spot in the leg in every single task, along with being one of only two teams to solve the Roadblock without quitting. Well, the partner of one team did try it after they finished the leg and solved it faster than any team in the game, but that doesn't count.

Our top four teams came in!

3:58:02 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:08:28 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:34:47 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:45:48 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And then there were three.

Sapphire SOLVED the Roadblock in a true moment of triumph for Jessie Image But they were also the slowest or within a couple minutes of the slowest in every other task Image Sphene and Topaz both fell to pride, with both Lottie and Kovu deciding to wait 2 hours before finally quitting the Roadblock Image

And the final team, the team that would be moving on to the final 5 and have a shot at the finals, was...

5:59:36 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Topaz Team!

The Topaz Team! They had solved the rest of the leg faster than anyone, so despite this huge delay in the Roadblock, they were narrowly able to make up the difference with the rest of their leg.

Which means:

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

0:01:30 - Leg 10 Begins
1:21:05 -
Sapphire Team
arrives in Fiji! (4 minute penalty)
1:23:24 -
Sapphire Team
begins FILLER!
1:54:14 -
Sapphire Team
completes FILLER! (2 minute penalty)
2:17:35 -
Sapphire Team
BIKES to the Rewa River! (23 minute time)
3:23:03 -
Sapphire Team
braves the rapids! (6 minute penalty)
3:46:01 -
Sapphire Team
paints the garden!
3:46:01 -
Sapphire Team
arrives at Yield!
3:50:19 -
Jessie
begins Roadblock!
5:08:25 -
Jessie
5:31:30 -
Sapphire Team
BIKES to the Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple! (22 minute time)
5:40:06 -
Sapphire Team
arrives at the temple! (4 minute penalty)
6:10:38 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sphene Team!

0:00:45 - Leg 10 Begins
0:33:45 -
Sphene Team
arrives in Fiji! (2 minute penalty)
0:34:23 -
Sphene Team
begins NUMBER!
1:16:35 -
Sphene Team
completes NUMBER!
1:37:16 -
Sphene Team
BUSES to the Rewa River! (20 minute time)
2:19:21 -
Sphene Team
braves the rapids!
2:45:09 -
Sphene Team
arrives at Yield!
2:46:11 -
Lottie
begins Roadblock!
6:16:01 -
Lottie
quits Roadblock! (92 minute penalty)
6:30:45 -
Sphene Team
TAXIS to the Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple! (14 minute time)
6:37:11 -
Sphene Team
arrives at the temple! (2 minute penalty)
7:04:06 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop! (2 minute penalty)

The Sapphire and Sphene Teams were eliminated from the race Image Image Image Sapphire had been the resident underdogs all game, while Sphene had been the resident noobs and possibly least org expeirenced team of the whole cast? But with elims came reveals, and they were:

ImageImage

shadow0knight and author999 are from ORGY! shadow is also on CTS I think!

ImageImage

Chimetime and Gabe Babe are from CTS!

And leg 10 was done, with only two legs left until the race concluded! Two more teams will fall and then we'll be at the FINALE Image

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2024 10:55 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 11

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Our penultimate leg began, and only five teams remained! The cast became entrenched in a debate over the U-Turn and who should take the final hit, but while they bickered they also raced! First they had to put together a collection of images to figure out which were altered in some way, and from there learned their next destination was Guatemala City in Guatemala! Every team did this in roughly the same time, barring one team who sped ahead.

From here, all teams landed and made their way to Esquilandia, the greatest amusement park in Guatemala City! Here they took notes of the rollercoaster path and plotted the course, typing the filter as they went!

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Three teams solved this in about 10 minutes as expected, while the final two teams fell behind with a 20 and 30 minute time.

Upon completing this task, the remaining teams all raced to the Children's Museum to warp across the building! Here they had to plot out the locations of every warp panel and determine which ones had a letter listed once and which had the letter listed twice! And with no teams having trouble, the race continued!

From here, the teams found themselves at the FINAL Detour of the race... in title only Image In reality, every team saw the word "Timing" on one of the options and promptly ran away and did the tile maze Spots instead. And good thing they did, because not a single team made any errors in this, TAR has truly become a boot camp for challenge skills because people always fuck these tasks up in the craziest ways normally Image The task that teams ignored, Plots, was a quick task to complete 5 tasks within 3 minutes each!

Upon completing the Detour, the teams came face to face with the final Yield!

And the Beryl Team found themselves Yielded, despite both remaining teams with a Yield promising they would not use it on the Beryl Team if they didn't U-Turn them Image But would Beryl survive this setback?

We'd have to wait to find out, as we had another task!

And it was the Roadblock for this leg of the race! Huh... feel like I've said that before. But all five teams overlooked this sense of deja vu and began the task, which was three Range puzzles! Which Rex said were Nurikabe puzzles while testing and I never knew! Cute! But these puzzles each had a twist of an extra rule to be added!

This puzzle could NOT have any 2x2 red squares! The times for this task were fairly similar, with three teams solving it in the 30-40 minute range, while the final two stragglers each took longer to solve it Image This task broke one player in particular, and who knows if they could recover!

But with that task down, we had another task!

And it was the Roadblock for this leg of th- wait. THREE Roadblocks in one leg??? That's right, EVERY remaining Roadblock remaining for each team was to be used up here, and so when we made it to the final leg all teams would be on an equal playing field. And this Roadblock required teams to solve a jigsaw puzzle of sorts based on clues provided!

And every team solved this task in roughly the same amount of time! Except one team, who fell far behind and took an hour to complete the task Image But with the final Roadblock finally over, the remaining teams made their way to Lake Atitlan to complete the leg and see if they'd become a finalist!

And this is where I mention the omnipresence of the transport woes, as every team was worried about having enough money for the final leg! The Aquamarine team were on a comfortable $700 with an extra $100 to come in, and so they raced ahead with a taxi, while the poorer teams were all forced to walk once or even twice to make back some funds and have a chance at the final leg.

But upon completion, teams only had one final task to go until they could check in. A Safe Spot challenge! Teams had to follow the direction of the letters (O is a circle around them, X is an X pattern, + is a + pattern, S is safe and blocks a letter path from progressing past it) and then mark whatever parts of the grid were not hit to complete the task!

Three teams excelled in this, while the final two had a real bad time thanks to a few too many penalties over early guesses. But with this final task completed, all five remaining teams checked in to the Pit Stop and waited to see if they'd be in the finals! But before they did, the results of the earlier U-Turn fight came to light, and:

ImageImage

Agate and Garnet found themselves U-Turned! With these two teams facing an extra 10 minute penalty, would this make an impact? Or would the difference between teams simply be too great, it's time to find out...

---

It's the final eliminations, and the girls were FIGHTING fighting! We truly had all the drama this final round of the U-Turns, as Garnet attempted to get Agate Yielded before Aquamarine to force Aquamarine as the other nominee, only for it to backfire and hit them instead while all teams except for Topaz argued their cases Image But with this all done with, it was time for the finalists!!!

Our first finalist, surging ahead of the pack, was...

3:18:39 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Aquamarine Team!

Having been in a podium spot for the past SIX legs, Aquamarine truly earned their spot in the finals Image

But two more finalists remained, and our second finalists were...

3:45:26 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Garnet Team!

Garnet! With their FIRST podium finish of the entire race (tho they came between 4th and 6th in 9 of the other 10 legs), they made it through and were our first F/F team in both races! The glass ceiling was finally broken...

And only three teams remained, with one spot left in the finals:

Betty had a fun time in the 2nd roadblock Image Sauron had a fun time in the 3rd roadblock Image And Topaz quite simply was the slowest in everything before the 2nd roadblock Image But one of these teams is about to be our final team through to the endgame!

And our 3rd team through to the finals is!

4:00:20 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Topaz Team!

The Topaz Team! Narrowly surviving as the final survivor again, they were through to the finals and had a shot at the title! Image

Which means we must say goodbye to:

ImageImage

Beryl Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 11 Begins
0:39:20 -
Beryl Team
arrives in Guatemala! (6 minute penalty)
0:40:14 -
Sauron
begins Roadblock!
0:51:11 -
Sauron
completes Roadblock!
1:11:48 -
Beryl Team
BIKES to the Children's Museum! (20 minute time)
1:33:18 -
Beryl Team
warps around!
1:34:29 -
Beryl Team
begins SPOTS!
1:51:03 -
Beryl Team
completes SPOTS!
2:01:03 -
Beryl Team
2:02:35 -
Night King
begins Roadblock!
2:30:17 -
Night King
completes Roadblock!
2:31:05 -
Sauron
begins Roadblock!
3:34:16 -
Sauron
completes Roadblock!
3:50:39 -
Beryl Team
BIKES to Lake Atitlan! (16 minute time)
3:53:53 -
Beryl Team
arrives at Lake Atitlan!
4:25:27 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop! (14 minute penalty)

ImageImage

Agate Team!

0:00:15 - Leg 11 Begins
0:34:11 -
Agate Team
arrives in Guatemala! (2 minute penalty)
0:34:44 -
Amanda
begins Roadblock!
1:02:58 -
Amanda
completes Roadblock!
1:26:47 -
Agate Team
WALKS to the Children's Museum! (23 minute time)
1:49:12 -
Agate Team
warps around!
1:49:56 -
Agate Team
begins SPOTS!
2:06:31 -
Agate Team
completes SPOTS!
2:06:31 -
Agate Team
arrives at Yield!
2:07:37 -
Betty
begins Roadblock!
4:13:03 -
Betty
4:13:03 -
Betty
begins Roadblock!
4:50:41 -
Betty
completes Roadblock!
5:11:59 -
Agate Team
WALKS to Lake Atitlan! (20 minute time)
5:14:57 -
Agate Team
arrives at Lake Atitlan!
5:26:56 -
Agate Team
waits out the U-Turn! (10 minute penalty, 2 minute penalty)
5:36:56 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Beryl and Agate teams were eliminated from the race! Image They were the final eliminations before the finale, and came so close to the end Image

We revealed our final boots, and they were:

ImageImage

SBOmega and JustJaking are from ORGY and AusStranded!

ImageImage

were and A2K2 are from ORGY! And CTS too kinda!

And this also meant we lost the final AusStranded and CTS team in the cast (tho there are still CTSers in the game, just not both in the same pair hehe), with our final three teams belonging to either ORGY or MafiaScum :o In just 24 hours we'll be revealing the WINNER of The Amazing Race 2, so if you're a player who was eliminated check in then and see the ending!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:21 am

Post by Firestormer »

ImageImage

With an underlion come from behind victory after being the final safe team the previous two legs, the
Topaz Team of Kovu (cephrir) and Kiara (Ethel)
won the final leg against the
Aquamarine Team of Ryuki (TheHappyOne) and Tama (GingaNinjaJack)
and the
Garnet Team of Coco (DisasterPrince) and Mallory (Kaleidoscope)
to win The Amazing Race 2!!!

1st Place: Ethel as Kiara
1st Place: cephrir as Kovu
2nd Place: TheHappyOne as Ryuki
2nd Place: GingaNinjaJack as Tama
3rd Place: DisasterPrince as Coco
3rd Place: Kaleidoscope as Mallory
4th Place: SBOmega as Night King
4th Place: JustJaking as Sauron
5th Place: Were999 as Betty
5th Place: A2K2 as Amanda
6th Place: shadow0knight as Jessie
6th Place: author999 as James
7th Place: Chimetime as Laura Lee
7th Place: Gabe Babe as Lottie
8th Place: Bad Asp as Rex
8th Place: Aura as Weevil
9th Place: Jyagaimasu as Mal
9th Place: Desert as Evie
10th Place: Cheery Dog as Louie
10th Place: AveryC as Olimar
11th Place: Lallama12 as Neeko
11th Place: Haters as Qiyana
12th Place: Sheebshib as Elizabeth J
12th Place: Conrad as Philip
13th Place: gunnaka as Frog
13th Place: Josh (ORGY) as Toad
14th Place: reilly queens as Villanelle
14th Place: mfan as Konstantin
15th Place: Mist7676 as Sharpay
15th Place: mallowgeno as Ryan
16th Place: Nihilego123 as Taylor
16th Place: zachheus as Travis
17th Place: tomato as Kyle
17th Place: penguin_mango as DeMar
18th Place: Teighteen as Elizabeth B
18th Place: Snoopz as Gracie
19th Place: MikeVG as Henry
19th Place: DarkPunxysaur as Terriermon
20th Place: pon as Daphne
20th Place: repo as Velma
21st Place: Balki B as Jeff
21st Place: Thomith as Julie
22nd Place: Josh (Aus) as Lincoln
22nd Place: Lawls93 as Michael
23rd Place: Nh4815 as Paris
23rd Place: TravelVersion as Nicole
24th Place: RosePower as Mariko
24th Place: boomdidi as Ochiba

Click the Topaz banner below to enter the board! It is not fully open yet, but you can at least see the main boards and look at the pretty backgrounds to the posts for each different team!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:24 am

Post by Firestormer »

Most of the teams from this game are from a place called ORG Yuniverse, aka ORGY! If you have any interest in checking out that site and what other games are available there, please do!

https://orgyuniverse.jcink.net/index.php

The place does require validation to be allowed in, but just say you got it from this post and the admins will let you in, a couple of the admins there were in this game and the lead admin was the runner up in the Barbie game last year!

Congrats again to cephrir and Ethel on a well deserved victory!
pon
pon
he/him
Townie
pon
he/him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2024 2:54 am

Post by pon »

gz lions!!
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2024 4:34 am

Post by Cheery Dog »

Great job Ceph and Ethel!

I was against you guys getting U-Turned as the most likely to be another MS team, glad you could pull it out in the end.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Wed Aug 14, 2024 5:51 am

Post by Cephrir »

<33
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games (The Mole: Ireland Now Accepting Sign-ups!)”