The Amazing Race 2 - July 3rd

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

The Amazing Race 2 - July 3rd

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:46 pm

Post by Firestormer »

So last year I hosted The Amazing Race, which was a very experimental test to see if the format could even work on a forum, and more importantly if it could be done while being entertaining for both players and hosts. And the game ended up being such a success and was the most fun I've ever had hosting, and I had so many ideas for a second game that I had to make another one!

And here we are, with The Amazing Race 2!

Much like the first game, this ORG will attempt to recreate the show as best as possible in an org setting! It's sure to be a fun and memorable time, so don't miss it! Idk if I'll host a third because it was a massive struggle making a new race of mostly different challenges and idk if I have a third race of different concepts in me, so join before the fad is over!

The format will be The Amazing Race! What that means is every round will be done in the form of a "Leg" and that leg will have you do various tasks to continue.

Every leg will have at least one team eliminated (assuming I get enough teams cast), and the eliminations will be purely based on your performance in the leg. There will be other elements like Yields and U-Turn votes that we'll get into, but that's the general idea of it. Some legs were very close in the first race, like one team losing by under 5 minutes, the finale top 2 being 6 mins apart (after the leading team went from being way ahead in the very final task to ending in 3rd) or another team getting eliminated via the Yield, and then some ended in a team spiraling out and ending up hours behind the rest of the cast :oops: It's a completely unpredictable format and I think even those who aren't the best at challenges can last longer than they'd expect.

Every leg you and your partner will race in a NON-LIVE leg. You will have 3 or 4 days to compete in each leg (results on Wednesday and Sunday each week), and the legs will hopefully take one to two hours per leg, or maybe longer if you mess up. The tasks in each leg will be the following:

Route Info tasks will involve a wide range of tasks, and are the most common of the game. These can be searching for objects, completing mazes, picking the right path to make it to your next destination etc. Each leg will also include a kind of interactive puzzle. Other tasks will require you to alternate posts as a team to progress, but you can do these tasks alone with a time penalty to account for the lack of teamwork if you wish.

A Detour is a choice between two tasks. One may be a luck task, while the other might be counting objects. It is up to you to decide which task will play more to your strengths. You are allowed to switch Detours once choosing one, but it will be a 5 minute penalty in addition to whatever time you have taken before switching.

A Roadblock is a task that only one player may perform. Throughout the race, teams will be able to do half the Roadblocks each, and will receive a harsh penalty if the one player attempts any more once they have run out. Players are NOT allowed to help each other in these, and if any teams switch who is attempting the Roadblock or show it to their partner while attempting it, it'll result in a one hour penalty.

This race, however, there will be the option to quit Roadblocks and take a 90 minute penalty, to account for them being stumbling blocks for people last race. I plan on reducing the difficulty a bit, but just for these tasks the option will be there so that if I do make a challenge that some teams are unable to do, they have an option to advance without it.

Transport tasks will be a simple choice you make each leg, and will be how the Money is implemented into this game. Whenever a Transport task appears, you will click on it and decide how you want to get to your next destination and how much you wish to spend to get there. It will ALWAYS be the same four options available, with the following elements:

Taxi: A Taxi is the quickest method to get to your destination, and will cost the most money.
Bus: A Bus is the second quickest method to get to your destination, and will be less expensive than the Taxi.
Bike: A Bike is slower than the methods above, but will not cost you any money at all.
Walk: Walking is the slowest method of all, but you will gain money if you choose this option.

For this race you'll start with $400, and the only way to earn money after this is via these transport tasks. There will be some elements in play to stop teams from hoarding cash all game in the form of a limit of $700 for each team can have at any given time. This is so there isn't the risk of a team having enough money to just steamroll the second half of the race.

Every leg will include the Yield, which will apply a penalty to one team each time. The Yield will always be somewhere after the first task of the leg, and every team is allowed to use the Yield in each leg in order of who got there faster.

The first team to use the Yield per leg will be successful, and will Yield the team of their choice. This will be different from the first game in that you will be able to Yield a team ahead of you this time, so long as you are the first one to use it. So if the Blue team used the Yield 20 minutes into the leg, while the Yellow team used it 30 minutes into their leg, it will only be successful for the Blue team against whoever they chose.

The Yield can only be used by each team once in the race.

Every round the teams will make a PUBLIC VOTE on the team they wish to be U-Turned for the leg. Once the leg is over, the votes will be tallied and the team with the most votes will be U-Turned that leg. This game, however, they will not have to do both sides of the Detour, and will instead have a 10 minute time penalty at the beginning of the leg.

However, to account for how the first race went, a team can only be U-Turned a maximum of two times in the race. So if a frontrunner team is U-Turned in legs 2 and 3, they're safe from the U-Turn for the rest of the season unless every remaining team has already received 2 U-Turns before the end of the race.

A change this game will be the addition of the Fast Forward! Each leg (until a certain point, you will be told if it is the final Fast Forward when you get the clue) will have a Fast Forward available to the teams at some point, and teams can attempt to aim for it if they wish. There will be a set time for travel to this task, and then a quick task to complete in order to finish the leg! However, due to this being non-live, teams will still need to complete the leg after attempting the Fast Forward just in case they were not the fastest to complete this task. If a team goes for the Fast Forward and another team gets it first, I'll only add the time for travel to their final time and will remove whatever time they took to do the task here.

---

And those are all the tasks that you may encounter in the race! I will also reveal that there are
NO MESSAGES OR ROOMS
this game! You will have a forum to discuss things with your teammate, but like the first race this will only be the public forums each round.

Legs are fully automated in this game, so the only way to progress will be to type the correct word filter and trigger the next clue.

I'm hoping for a cast of
15 Teams!
This was the cast size of the first game and it worked very well, so I'm aiming for the same once again. I could add more if that somehow happened, and I'd just add some double boots in that event.

As this will be teams, you WILL know the ID of your team partner for this race, however I ask that players apply as individuals unless you already have a team and partner in mind. Anyone who played in the first game is welcome to play in this, however I have decided that there won't be any repeat teams this race, so if you paired up with someone last race and want to play in this, it'll need to be with a different person for a little freshness.

If you and your partner know you wish to play together, sign up as a team, but otherwise don't go around asking everyone to be your partner. Just sign up as an individual and tell me your timezone and I will attempt to give you a partner from the other applications. I do plan on advertising to a few sites, so the goal is to have a somewhat wide variety of teams here from different sites and origins. I'll try to assign people someone they already know or at least are from the same site unless there are no others left.

This game will also be Closed-ID, meaning you can't reveal to other people that you're in the game or who you are, otherwise you will be removed from the game :cry

This is an OPEN REP GAME! So long as the reps you and your partner chose are connected and have usable source pics, I'll accept them. Just make sure it's nothing too uncomfortable, I will veto it if the pair is something that I'm just not willing to search an avatar for like a pair with Dahmer in it or something, I think I had a team originally ask for a real life serial killer last game and it was a little out of my comfort zone. But if you'd like to be two tv characters, a celebrity couple, anime girls, sports legends, go for it.

And this is what the avatars will look like:

ImageImage

That's just an example pair and not a pair any team has taken, but that's an idea on how they'll look! I'm very happy with how these turned out and it fits the same general avi structure as the first game with the backgrounds connecting, so I'm going to stick with them!

The goal is for there to be TWO legs per week, for this to be a game that lasts roughly 5 or 6 weeks. This game will be set to start on
Wednesday, July 3rd!
The first leg will go up the next day after you all meet, but will not need to be completed until Sunday.

This will be on Australian time, however as it is entirely non-live you will not need to worry about that, and all legs are 100% automated. All you have to do is complete the legs within the 3-4 day period each round. I will reveal results and the eliminated team each night of the deadline at 10pm AEDT.

If you'd like to sign up for this game, send me a message and I'll reply as soon as I can. Good luck!

Last edited by Firestormer on Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:52 pm

Post by Firestormer »

So I have been casting for this game for a bit, but was originally asked to wait until closer to the start date to make an official thread for this game. But since I'm closing signups in a few weeks from now, it's time to get the thread out there so that whoever wishes to join can join!

Currently I have over the required cast size for this, so we're actually fully cast already! The goal was 30 people for 15 teams, and we're at 41 people! So this game is 100% happening, and all the legs are already made. I've got a few signups from here, but if anyone else is interested in joining I'd be happy to keep the signups open a bit longer to get any interested players or teams from MS into the game. It'll be a more relaxed pace for this game, and you only need to do the legs twice a week, with the players who place last being automatically eliminated.

If you'd like to join, either message me on discord theghostoffirestorm or fill out the form below!

https://forms.gle/BWTL2jRAjmja5KXX6
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Jun 06, 2024 11:43 am

Post by Firestormer »

Hi girls, just a quick update on how this is going to show that it's still a thing that exists!

So we have 24 teams signed up for this game, and we're well underway to start the game! Currently I'm just waiting on two more teams to decide their reps, but one team is likely to have a replacement so I've gotten a backup ready there. I'm not gonna send confirmation messages or anything because I think 48 chains will be too much to keep track of, but I think this game is going to be really good and hopefully go off without a hitch

The game will start Wednesday July 3rd, 8pm AEST! But the first leg will not be due until Sunday (and likely with an extension as a team requested it when they signed up). This is on Aussie time, but the only thing that will ever require you to be online at that time is the live placement reveals and ID reveals for eliminated teams each leg, should you be interested in seeing that happen live.

If anyone wants to be a lurker lmk and I can set that up if I get enough interest, but otherwise I think this is all until the game start!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Jun 24, 2024 2:56 pm

Post by Firestormer »

And these are the 24 teams in The Amazing Race 2!

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The race will begin Wednesday, July 3rd and logins will go out at around 8pm AEST! It may be a little delayed because it's gonna be one person giving 48 logins, but the first leg won't be due until Sunday so it'll be fine. Best of luck to all the racers!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Jul 01, 2024 11:09 pm

Post by Firestormer »

The game is set to begin in 24 hours from now!

I do want to just make a note here so there is warning, I'm gonna be doing all the logins on my own, and since there's 48 people signed up it may take a little bit for them all to go out. But you'll have until Sunday 8pm AEST (or whatever time on Sunday it is as of this message in your timezone), so there's plenty of time for it.

Also, a few teams never specified who was playing which rep, so for those I just went off vibes. If you have a big preference on which rep you take and didn't tell me before, lmk before the logins go out I guess!
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Jul 02, 2024 11:13 pm

Post by Firestormer »

All the logins have been sent out, The Amazing Race 2 has begun! Everyone's login from here was sent via Discord as that's where we talked about the game, so check in there!

If you haven't received your login or the password doesn't work please send a message and I'll fix it asap. There's a chance I fuck something up with 48 logins at once lol
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Jul 07, 2024 12:42 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 1

Spoiler: Teams

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

24 teams began their race around the world! They were all dropped off in a random plain, and using information hidden in the field would have to locate the city they were in! All teams quickly understood they were in Copenhagen, Denmark, and the race began!

Upon arriving in Copenhagen, they took a train and began a tracks puzzle to navigate their way to the Marble Church! Some teams flourished at the task, while a few others were forced to quit their efforts and ask a local train conductor to give them directions instead.

Once inside, teams put together a tapestry of words to symbolize unity and togetherness, but some teams found this to be too foreign and argued the entire time instead. One team in particular had a crisis of faith and LEFT the Church as their partner screamed for them to return, and when they did return they were only met with silence.....

But eventually all teams put their tapestry together and continued with the race! The next clue they received was for the Fast Forward, and would take the racers to Aalborg Zoo!

Only three teams jumped at the opportunity, and when those teams arrived they found that they had to create a mural of an animal, one row of pieces at a time! At the end of the challenge this was their creation:

Pretty! I stole it from a Legoland org! Two of the three teams put it together, but in the end only one team had the winning time and would be able to quickly check in to the Pit Stop and finish the leg early! :o

The remaining 23 teams still racing then headed to the Tivoli Gardens, their next task of the race! While most chose the scenic route by walking, a few souls were getting a little antsy and rushed to the taxi rink to save some time, worried that this could be their first and last day in the race :o The transport would ultimately not matter though, as it was a single elimination leg and this was the perfect time to save money before the real close legs begin. But all arrived in Tivoli Gardens to find...

The Roadblock for this leg of the race! This roadblock would be a 3-in-a-row challenge, my personal fave challenge of them all <3 Players would need to find which spaces were flowers and which were empty, and use that to trigger a code and advance with the race! Some leapt at the task and finished within a few minutes, one posted the roadblock in their team thread by mistake and added an hour to their time, and some more even decided the pressure of the children watching and judging was too much, and were forced to quit the roadblock in shame :(

With the roadblock finished or quit, the teams continued racing! They then came across the Yield for this leg of the race! But nobody used it so we move on.

From here, teams made their way to the Viking Ship Museum, answering questions on the way! They were then tasked with a Detour, to either solve a logic path of keys to unlock a viking ship, OR to find the fake ships amongst a sea of viking ships. Both tasks had their struggles, and some teams began booking an eye test that very same night... :(

But with the Detour complete, all 24 teams checked in to the Pit Stop in the Kingdom of Elleore, ready to find out their placement...

And also the Emerald Team and the Pearl Team were U-Turned! They had to wait an extra 10 minutes at the end of the leg.

---

Love reusing the pit stop info to get a recap post done quickly <3 We had our first leg of the race, and all 24 teams competed and finished the leg! Can we believe it, 48 active people in 2024?

The winning team after claiming the Fast Forward was!

ImageImage

Jasper Team!

The Jasper Team found themselves in the top spot and would begin the next leg in the lead! The rest of the teams trickled in, until only four remained...

1:37:30 - Jasper Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:04:40 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:14:00 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:14:12 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:20:23 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:21:14 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:21:47 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:43 - Peridot Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:17 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:52 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:38:33 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:08 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:46:33 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:00:40 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:06:20 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:19:12 - Tourmaline Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:21:13 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:25:41 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:59:50 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

4:05:55 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And our bottom 4 teams this leg were the Pearl Team, Quartz Team, Spinel Team and Zircon Team! Luckily for them, this was a single elimination leg (the only one for the next month), and so only one of these teams would be taken out. They were all an hour and a half behind 20th place though <3

5:30:21 - Spinel Team arrives at Pit Stop!

5:43:59 - Pearl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Spinel and Pearl Teams made it through, and we were down to two! Quartz was forced to quit the roadblock after an hour and took the penalty within, as well as their team deciding to walk for some extra cash, while the Zircon Team were also forced to quit a task but chose to Taxi to make up for it. But would that matter in the long run? The final safe team was:

6:04:37 - Quartz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Quartz Team!

And so it was that the Quartz Team survived, their 6 hour time just barely getting them through! And so we said goodbye to the Zircon Team with their ICONIC 11 hour time somehow <3 They quit many tasks and had many struggles, along with just a 3 hour gap of no tasks being done at all <3

ImageImage

Zircon Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 1 Begins
0:12:39 -
Zircon Team
arrives in Denmark!
3:23:39 -
Zircon Team
takes the train! (2:04:00 penalty)
7:24:17 -
Zircon Team
puts together the tapestry! (12 minute penalty)
7:38:13 -
Zircon Team
goes for the Fast Forward! (10 minute penalty)
7:48:12 -
Zircon Team
TAXIS to Tivoli Gardens! (7 minute time)
7:51:24 -
Ochiba
begins Roadblock!
10:42:25 -
Ochiba
quits Roadblock! (104 minute penalty)
10:42:25 -
Zircon Team
arrives at Yield!
10:56:53 -
Zircon Team
TAXIS to the Viking Ship Museum! (10 minute time)
11:09:28 -
Zircon Team
arrives at Viking Ship Museum! (2 minute penalty)
11:12:22 -
Zircon Team
begins BLIND IT!
11:28:09 -
Zircon Team
completes BLIND IT!
11:31:37 - Zircon Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And with that, it was time to unmask the losing team! The Zircon Team was revealed to be none other than...

ImageImage

RosePower and boomdidi! RosePower is from CTS, while boomdidi is from both CTS and ORGY!

And with that, we were one leg and one team down, and the next leg will be a double elimination!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Jul 10, 2024 12:56 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 2

The race continued, and all 23 remaining teams made an unspoken pact to not let their times goes into the double digit hours this leg! Luckily this would be a much easier leg than the first..... for some Image Unfortunately, we would not be going to the Land of Fire this leg. Eventually all were able to complete the task, and we were off!

Upon arriving in Maputo, the teams quickly made their way to Kruger National Park in South Africa! Here they participated in the Detour for this leg of the race!

At the detour, the teams chose between Obtain It, which would make them do a ball sorting game to sort food for the animals, or Observe It, a reverse maze where players needed to add blocks to a grid to delay a lion from reaching the end goal for as long as possible.

Upon completing the detour, teams found themselves with the next Fast Forward! Only two teams went for this, and the winning team of this Fast Forward saved themselves from elimination through using it, as they would have come 23rd had they not! A game changer, they went from last to first and proved the power of the Fast Forward and validated the twist's existence! Image

But the other 22 teams that didn't win the Fast Forward found themselves LOST in the middle of the safari, with hungry lions all around! Even the lion team wasn't safe from their hunger! Teams were made to alternate posts to escape the lions and return to safety, in a task that was half trial and error, half communication, though some teams were able to use logic to understand how long it may be and avoid a lot of unneeded extra time and turns as a result! Some were not so fortunate, and proceeded to try and find an exit on the first possible move each time.

But all escaped, and none were eaten by the lions! Production could continue the race! The teams then raced to Marcado Central, the biggest street market in Maputo! They were given a list of items to purchase from, and told that exactly three of the prices listed were FAKES that needed to be removed. Some solved this under 10 minutes, most around 20... and one team took a whole 50 Image Math was not the strong suit for all teams, but eventually they DID find the fake items and were able to continue on!

With the Yield once again being ignored, we edited it out of the episode and continued to the Roadblock!

The Roadblock this leg was a Four Colour Theorem challenge, but in the form of one with only one solution!

Most teams solved this easily and moved on, but there were some with STRUGGLES this leg! The greatest of which was to be edited out as they won the Fast Forward, but involved the player deciding they needed to type the letters by the order they coloured in letters and not alphabetically? I'm still not sure on the thought behind that Image

Teams finally found themselves doing a surprise THIRD Transport task for the leg, with this transport taking them to Bela Vista, the Pit Stop for this leg of the race! Once teams answered a couple simple trivia questions, they were able to check in and complete the leg!

ImageImage

Except for these two teams, who had to wait an extra 10 minutes as they were U-Turned! But once their time was done, they and all other teams could check in and finish the leg to see if they'd be part of the special top 21!

---

And the recap for Leg 2 was done, and I could use it to avoid having to come up with much new myself! There had, however, been a pretty good level of activity on the mains boards too! Elizabeth B had set up betting for which teams would be elimed, various teams were making pitches for others to be U-Turned (and some wanted to be U-Turned themselves so they could take one of the two U-Turn attempts now before it got to the tougher legs), and some quite simply wanted world domination Image
ImageImage

Peridot Team!

Peridot Team had an all time disaster Roadblock, and because of their winning the Fast Forward all that was revoked and they could claim first instead of last! Image And the bottom 4 teams were:

ImageImage
ImageImage

The next safe team, in 20th place was....

4:47:44 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Opal Team!

And only one safe team remained. Amethyst and Pearl were both convinced they were the ones out, for good reason too Image
ImageImage

Amethyst Team!

The Amethyst Team was safe, and continued in the race! Image But this meant we had to say goodbye to:

ImageImage

Pearl Team!

0:05:15 - Leg 2 Begins
0:08:24 -
Pearl Team
arrives in Mozambique!
0:25:59 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Kruger National Park! (17 minute time)
0:27:58 -
Pearl Team
begins OBTAIN IT!
1:43:17 -
Pearl Team
completes OBTAIN IT!
1:44:47 -
Pearl Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:20:04 -
Pearl Team
escapes the safari!
2:40:32 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Marcado Central! (20 minute time)
2:56:43 -
Pearl Team
gathers items at the market! (2 minute penalty)
2:56:43 -
Pearl Team
arrives at Yield!
2:58:03 -
Michael
begins Roadblock!
5:21:02 -
Michael
quits Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
5:39:31 -
Pearl Team
BIKES to Bela Vista! (18 minute time)
5:41:38 - Pearl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Spinel Team!

0:05:00 - Leg 2 Begins
1:07:03 -
Spinel Team
arrives in Mozambique! (18 minute penalty)
1:26:39 -
Spinel Team
BIKES to Kruger National Park! (17 minute time)
1:27:39 -
Spinel Team
begins OBTAIN IT!
1:50:30 -
Spinel Team
completes OBTAIN IT!
1:51:04 -
Spinel Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:23:30 -
Spinel Team
escapes the safari!
2:39:46 -
Spinel Team
BUSES to Marcado Central! (15 minute time)
3:18:59 -
Spinel Team
gathers items from the market! (4 minute penalty)
4:20:37 -
Paris
begins Roadblock! (1 hour penalty)
5:55:35 -
Paris
QUITS Roadblock! (90 minute penalty)
6:15:46 -
Spinel Team
BIKES to Bela Vista! (18 minute time)
6:28:55 -
Spinel Team
begins U-Turn! (10 minute time, 6 minute penalty)
6:38:55 - Spinel Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Pearl and Spinel Teams ImageImage

And so it came time to unmask these next two teams, and they were:

ImageImage

ImageImage

Josh is from AusStranded, while Lawls is from ORGY and AusStranded!
(Lawls was also Mr. Mattel in Barbie for anyone here who took part in that!)

Nh and TV are both from ORGY and Stranded (the US Stranded but I've never played in it)!

And with that, we were down to just 21 teams! Next leg will be a TRIPLE BOOT, and things are sure to get exciting as teams struggle to stay afloat when three more are taken out of the game!

Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Jul 14, 2024 6:01 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 3

Spoiler: Remaining Teams
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

The race continues, and 21 teams rushed to escape a TRIPLE elimination, fearful of the extra pressure that this would add! Answering a collection of trivia questions about the world, players wondered: was The Buddha REALLY born in India? With several teams deciding the answer was YES and typing that in, production decided we needed to teach the cast the truth and sent our teams there for some enlightenment!

And then they all began the Roadblock and screamed in horror!

This challenge was a Diamonds challenge, aka one I made up! It was intended as a quick logic puzzle, but instead turned into a task of deductive understanding and seeing who could learn new concepts on the fly. Several couldn't! Image With a quarter of the cast quitting the roadblock and more suffering through until they solved it, all were left wondering why they had to suffer for Beau's new love of logic games? But with that question pushed to the side, we moved on.

Because we were at the Fast Forward for this leg!

The fast forward for this leg involved teammates simply alternating turns until they reached 100 with a dice roller! Only three teams took this, and ALL of them quit the roadblock, meaning that even with this win the player who won it wouldn't end up winning the leg Image But the rest of the teams raced on to see the beautiful Taj Mahal!

Here teams all put together a maze, where players had to alternate posts to create a full maze and then use those parts they passed through to trigger a filter! A simple task in concept, not so much when we looked at the images teams made Image Eventually the hosting panel sighed and just let all the cursed images pass through as long as they were valid, see below:

Spoiler: Beautiful Mazes

From here, the teams went inside the palace and began the Detour for this leg of the race!

The tasks this leg were versed to those who were good, and those who weren't good at logic. Surprisingly, most of the people not good at logic decided the luck was scarier and took an extra 30 minutes of time for no reason Image

Scribe It was a simple logic puzzle, where players needed to clue together info for five skydivers. While Spot It was a luck task, where teams had to keep posting and guessing sets of names until they found the matching pair! It is very easy to discover who took what task by looking at the post counts right now Image

But all teams got this finished, and then took part in the YIELD! Which, for once, was actually used!

And the Tourmaline team was YIELDED this leg! Adding insult to injury for their upcoming U-Turn as well Image

But we moved on, and went to the next task! Our next task had teams travel to the Kingdom of Dreams amusement park, where they would help escort a collection of children via a pattern task because the initial task I had was too confusing even for me and made the diamonds look normal and sane! Image Be thankful girls.

Some teams struggled, but most got this done quickly!

And finally, the teams went to the Pit Stop for this leg of the race in Mumbai, the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! Here they did a tracks puzzle of sorts, where they had 81 tracks hidden behind image links, and had to put together the tracks to decide where the trains were heading and what spaces were unused. Some teams decided to share the gird with each other, some knowing doing so to get the penalty and move on quicker, some deciding it wouldn't give a penalty to share the whole grid... somehow? Image But all teams completed this and checked in at the Pit Stop to see if they'd be one of the three removed from the game!

ImageImage

However, the Sapphire and Tourmaline teams would be U-Turned this leg, and would have an extra 10 minutes added to their final time!

---

And we were in leg 3, ready for a TRIPLE! Image Finally the cast would begin to be cut down to a somewhat manageable size, and the board was popping off over the week Image Several teams were fighting in the U-Turn thread because the teams that wanted to be U-Turned now instead of later were being ignored, while Daphne specifically was pissed that the teams (like her own) that did NOT want U-Turn votes kept getting them all Image The betting on which team would be eliminated continued, and some teams even made threads mocking their own partners Image The board was alive and well in The Amazing Race 2....

But that's not what I'm recapping, I don't have the time to quote every post with everything else going on for that game. No, we had a race to track! The teams all lamented how painful the Roadblock was for them, and it became a bit of a dividing feature of the round as it became very clear that more than a couple people quit the task entirely Image But one team did NOT, and were able to beat out even the Fast Forward users (who did quit the FF but only 3 teams went for the FF, all of whom were in the bottom 5 when they attempted it) to take home the win this round!

ImageImage

Morganite Team!

The Morganite team had taken the win this round, and with our first sub-2 hour time without a FF use too! The cast scoffed at me saying leg 3 was an easier one, but the times don't lie :o

Most of the cast was again very competitive with their times, as something as small as a 20 minute gap sent teams down a half dozen spots. And so all of 2nd to 15th place trickled in:

1:54:48 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

1:56:00 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

1:57:08 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:17:46 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:42 - Garnet Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:28:19 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:28:47 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:29:19 - Jasper Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:32:50 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:37:04 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:26 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:42 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:48:53 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:09:50 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:12:32 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And then there were only 6 left, and half would be the boots this round Image

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

The crowd publicly cheered for their faves (mainly Quartz and Peridot), while James took the time to fight Mal instead Image But the next two teams to be safe won safety by a very wide margin, as only the bottom 4 were ever truly in the running to leave:

3:35:57 - Sapphire Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:39:12 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And it was the bottom 4, only one safe team remained! The safe team and first eliminated team were in a dead heat in this leg, both making it to the final task on the same minute

3:42:12 - First elim tours the amusement park!
3:42:47 - Final safe team tours the amusement park!

35 seconds apart! But it would be the final task that made all the difference, as the final safe team would steam ahead, and that was...

4:20:43 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Jade Team!

The Jade Team! Weevil's RB disaster was not to end their game just yet! Image But with this, it meant we had to say goodbye to three more teams Image

ImageImage

Peridot Team!

0:00:00 - Leg 3 Begins
0:42:31 -
Peridot Team
arrives in India! (6 minute penalty)
0:43:34 -
Terriermon
begins Roadblock!
2:33:39 -
Terriermon
quits the Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
2:52:40 -
Peridot Team
BUSES to the Taj Mahal! (17 minute time)
2:52:52 -
Peridot Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
3:13:39 -
Peridot Team
explores the palace!
3:14:59 -
Peridot Team
begins SCRIBE IT!
3:31:49 -
Peridot Team
completes SCRIBE IT!
3:31:49 -
Peridot Team
arrives at Yield!
3:42:12 -
Peridot Team
tours the amusement park!
3:59:51 -
Peridot Team
BIKES to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! (15 minute time)
4:58:01 - Peridot Team arrives at Pit Stop! (2 minute penalty)

ImageImage

Quartz Team!

0:03:00 - Leg 3 Begins
0:20:33 -
Quartz Team
arrives in India! (2 minute penalty)
3:30:16 -
Quartz Team
QUITS the Roadblock! (94 minute penalty)
3:41:58 -
Quartz Team
TAXIS to the Taj Mahal! (10 minute time)
3:52:40 -
Quartz Team
goes for the Fast Forward! (10 minute time)
4:13:42 -
Quartz Team
explores the palace!
4:14:59 -
Quartz Team
begins SPOT IT!
4:20:13 -
Quartz Team
completes SPOT IT!
4:20:13 -
Quartz Team
arrives at Yield!
4:43:01 -
Quartz Team
tours the amusement park! (4 minute penalty)
4:53:55 -
Quartz Team
BUSES to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (10 minute time)
6:28:03 - Quartz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Tourmaline Team!

0:04:30 - Leg 3 Begins
0:24:27 -
Tourmaline Team
arrives in India!
0:25:40 -
Julie
begins Roadblock!
4:31:03 -
Julie
quits Roadblock! (2:10:00 penalty)
4:41:17 -
Tourmaline Team
TAXIS to the Taj Mahal! (10 minute time)
4:41:34 -
Tourmaline Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
5:08:03 -
Tourmaline Team
explores the palace!
5:09:36 -
Tourmaline Team
begins SCRIBE IT!
6:04:42 -
Tourmaline Team
completes SCRIBE IT! (4 minute penalty)
6:14:42 -
Tourmaline Team
is Yielded! (10 minute penalty)
6:27:00 -
Tourmaline Team
tours the amusement park!
6:34:09 -
Tourmaline Team
TAXIS to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus! (6 minute time)
6:59:25 -
Tourmaline Team
waits out the U-Turn!
7:09:25 - Tourmaline Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Peridot, Quartz and Tourmaline teams Image The players were especially crushed over Daphne's exit, who had been the main face of the boards the entire game thus far and was fighting the good fight against people U-Turning the lower placing teams Image

But it was time to unmask these three teams, and they were:

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

MikeVG and Punx are from ORGY!

pon and repo are from CTS and ORGY! pon was also Physicist Barbie in Barbie!

Balki B and Thomith are from MafiaScum! Thomith is also on the CTS Discord!

And with that, we were 3 legs down and a quarter of the cast had been eliminated Image But there was ANOTHER triple boot to come next round, the second and final triple boot of the game!

T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Jul 15, 2024 2:38 am

Post by T-Bone »

Just want to post to say I am following along with the updates and appreciate them! In case you were wondering if you were updating into the void
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019
Firestormer
Firestormer
Goon
Firestormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Fri Jul 19, 2024 3:29 pm

Post by Firestormer »

Leg 4

Spoiler: Remaining Teams
ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

A quarter of the cast had been eliminated, but another triple elimination was on the horizon! Without any teams left to quit the roadblocks, the race was sure to get more competitive from now on! Our 18 teams ran through the streets of India searching for letters and a clue box to continue with the race! The teams mostly made their way through quickly, expertly avoiding the temptation to use the source code, and lucky they did because we had an anti-cheat method in the form of a fake page with the letter O that couldn't be found by clicking Image However, one team fell behind the pack and spent an hour looking for the clue box as their hopes began to dwindle Image

Eventually, all teams found the next clue box and were able to continue with the race, heading to Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Upon arriving in Argentina, teams drove to Caseros Prison and took a tour of the abandoned former prison site, in a cellblocks challenge! All but a couple teams did this without incident and moved on Image

From here, teams were to take a Taxi to their next location, Obelisco! However, this transport task was unlike others in that it fit the central point of this leg: who was willing to take a risk to survive! Most teams were not and chose the medium option to yawns everywhere, but a select few took the chance and went for the biggest risk taxi, only to learn both of the biggest risk ones were good! A few teams also chose the medium risk taxi, but somehow every one of those people chose Taxi D and lost the 1/4 chance of a bad option Image

But regardless of the taxi speed, all taxis eventually made their way to their destination, where teams participated in the Detour for this leg!

This Detour continued the feeling of risk vs avoidance for the leg, with the choices being an easy task that sounded scary, and a scary task that sounded easy Image

Blocks was a challenge where players had a grid of numbers, and had to find all the options where there were not duplicate numbers around it. While Paths was a Tile Maze, a concept that brought fear into those who knew the evils of it! Except the Blocks challenge was harder for some than expected, where half the teams took forever while the other half did the task in the 10ish minutes I expected from the task :gp And teams were rewarded for taking on the scarier sounding (or unfamiliar if they'd never heard of a tile maze) Paths, as it was fairly quick to complete!

From here, the remaining teams all looked at the Fast Forward.... and promptly ignored it, deciding they either had no use for it or someone else would get there faster. However, one team decided they had nothing to lose and went for it! Despite being in 17th place when they arrived at the Fast Forward, this team was able to claim it for themselves and walk all the way to first, saving themselves as they would've been eliminated otherwise Image

But the teams who ignored the Fast Forward all travelled to the Teatro Colon instead, to find a hidden actor in a crowd through the use of questions! It was cute! One team thought his pants were green and another said he wasn't wearing a coat until their partner ran out of dresses to ask! And one special team forfeited the task entirely, having accidentally posted the guesser role in their team thread by mistake and taking the 40 minute penalty instead... :(

But we moved on. Because next was the Yield!

And the Sugilite Team found themselves Yielded this leg and had to wait an extra 10 minutes before they could continue Image

But we continued with the race, where teams made their way to Iguazu Falls to check in to the Pit Stop! They answered some trivia on the way, before coming face to face with the Roadblock for this leg of the race!

The Roadblock required teams to go from one side of a bridge to the other to collect a clue and check in at the Pit Stop, and had to do so in the smallest amount of turns! Most understood this immediately and got to work, while a couple struggled with the instructions and wondered what the numbers meant or how you could get across when there are numbers in the way? Others had their own disaster performances as they were forced to build a spreadsheet, and one final team posted the Roadblock in their team thread by accident and were forced to complete it together to finish the leg :gp

(if anyone who didn't do the rb wants to try it now, get from left to right with a score of 60)

But with the Roadblock completed, the players returned to their partners and checked in for the end of the leg, hoping they'd make it to the final 15 and out of the triple boots stage!

ImageImage

The Opal and Sphene teams found themselves U-Turned! They would need to wait an extra 10 minutes before being able to complete the leg. But complete the leg everyone did, and it was time for results...

---

And we were in the next triple! Once again a team had used the Fast Forward and skyrocketed themselves to first place from what would otherwise have been an elimination position, and yet nobody was thinking to use the twist for themselves Image This leg proved to be a VERY competitive leg, as the top 5 teams (outside of the FF user) all ended within 70 seconds of each other! Of course, two of those five got U-Turned, but it's still impressive. And then one team ended up posting both their teamwork task and their Roadblock in their team forum and had to add an hour and 40 minutes to their time, so maybe not entirely competitive Image

Winning the fast forward and coming first, we had:

ImageImage

Sapphire Team!

The Sapphire Team! The polls had them listed as a boot for the last two legs (and next leg too), but they continue to scrape through and escaped what would have been an elimination by two minutes to claim first!

The rest of the cast all filed in, having pretty close times!

2:00:53 - Sapphire Team completes Fast Forward and arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:01 - Beryl Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:21 - Lapis Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:25:30 - Jade Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:27:24 - Morganite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:29:54 - Emerald Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:13 - Sphene Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:18 - Aquamarine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:35:52 - Agate Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:36:09 - Opal Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:43:10 - Garnet Team arrives at Pit Stop!

2:53:55 - Citrine Team arrives at Pit Stop!

And six teams remained, with only 3 moving on to the next leg :o

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

All of the Amethyst, Jasper and Sugilite teams began making "rip us :( " posts, expecting the worst, but when it came down to it our first two safe teams were:

2:54:41 - Topaz Team arrives at Pit Stop!

3:06:38 - Onyx Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Topaz and Onyx teams! They finished with some time to spare over the other four teams, and the final safe team would be safe by only 10 minutes! And that final safe team was:

3:24:52 - Sugilite Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Sugilite Team!

The Sugilite Team! They were just barely able to survive due to picking faster transport than all their opponents, as 16th place spent 14 more minutes on regular travel and lost by 11 minutes as a result Image But these teams were all knocked out:

ImageImage

Amethyst Team!

0:03:00 - Leg 4 Begins
0:28:07 -
Amethyst Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:49:10 -
Amethyst Team
visits the cells!
1:10:40 -
Amethyst Team
picks TAXI D! (20 minute time)
1:13:23 -
Amethyst Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:46:45 -
Amethyst Team
completes BLOCKS! (8 minute penalty)
1:46:55 -
Amethyst Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:08:17 -
Amethyst Team
BIKES to Teatro Colon! (21 minute time)
2:31:20 -
Amethyst Team
finds the hidden actor!
2:31:20 -
Amethyst Team
arrives at Yield!
2:52:05 -
Amethyst Team
BIKES to Iguazu Falls! (20 minute time)
2:56:17 -
Amethyst Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls!
2:58:58 -
Taylor
begins Roadblock!
3:35:14 -
Taylor
completes Roadblock!
3:35:14 - Amethyst Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Ruby Team!

0:02:45 - Leg 4 Begins
0:13:18 -
Ruby Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:32:47 -
Ruby Team
visits the cells!
0:54:59 -
Ruby Team
picks TAXI D! (20 minute time)
0:55:56 -
Ruby Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:19:06 -
Ruby Team
completes BLOCKS! (4 minute penalty)
1:19:18 -
Ruby Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
1:40:49 -
Ruby Team
BIKES to Teatro Colon! (21 minute time)
1:56:23 -
Ruby Team
finds the hidden actor! (2 minute penalty)
1:56:23 -
Ruby Team
arrives at Yield!
2:17:28 -
Ruby Team
BIKES to Iguazu Falls! (20 minute time)
2:28:08 -
Ruby Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls! (4 minute time)
2:29:14 -
Kyle
begins Roadblock!
3:38:23 -
Ruby Team
completes Roadblock! (2 minute penalty)
3:38:23 - Ruby Team arrives at Pit Stop!

ImageImage

Jasper Team!

0:01:45 - Leg 4 Begins
0:13:09 -
Jasper Team
arrives in Argentina!
0:43:00 -
Jasper Team
visits the cells! (2 minute penalty)
0:58:55 -
Jasper Team
takes TAXI E! (15 minute time)
0:59:39 -
Jasper Team
begins BLOCKS!
1:55:52 -
Jasper Team
switches to PATHS! (15 minute penalty)
2:04:22 -
Jasper Team
completes PATHS!
2:04:30 -
Jasper Team
SKIPS the Fast Forward!
2:16:46 -
Jasper Team
TAXIS to Teatro Colon! (12 minute time)
2:59:51 -
Jasper Team
skips the actor! (40 minute penalty)
2:59:51 -
Jasper Team
arrives at Yield!
3:10:20 -
Jasper Team
TAXIS to Iguazu Falls! (10 minute time)
3:18:08 -
Jasper Team
arrives at Iguazu Falls!
4:18:53 -
Gracie
begins Roadblock! (1 hour penalty)
4:32:32 -
Elizabeth B
completes Roadblock!
4:32:32 - Jasper Team arrives at Pit Stop!

The Amethyst, Ruby and Jasper teams were eliminated Image The players were all very shocked by the Jasper team leaving, as they thought they were one of the teams to watch out for, but one bad leg can cost it all Image

We unmasked these teams, and they were:

ImageImage

Nihi and zach are from ORGY and CTS!

ImageImage

tomato is from CTS! penguin_mango is tomato's friend who is uninvolved in any community I'm in but I thought it was camp to add someone I had no contact with until rep choices came in

ImageImage

Teighteen and Snoopz are from ORGY!

And so the triple boot era was over, and the players were at the final 15! The same point that the first game started on, in leg 5 Image This cast is obscenely large I put myself through SUFFERING girls. From now on the legs would all be double boots until we reached the endgame, and it's anyone's guess who will leave next Image

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”