Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition (Game Over)

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6550 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:34 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I just played the entire game in FireFox while leaving my main logged into Chrome. Made it real easy to know which account I was going to make any given post with before I even began writing it! (The different themes also helped.)
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kilgamayan
Kilgamayan
Goon
Kilgamayan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6551 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:44 am

Post by Kilgamayan »

In post 4, Kaguya Houraisan wrote: Daiyousei seems to think I'm Star Sapphire in the hood for some reason
You probably figured this out eventually, but it was a joke based on how extremely similar Kaguya and Star are in appearance. IIRC one of the unofficial one-shot comics attached to an official written work was a short story by Tako where Eirin kidnaps Star and Kaguya disguises herself in order to infiltrate the Sanyousei to have fun.
Well, this game happened.
~ Edible
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6552 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:48 am

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 6549, Sakura Hana wrote: Interesting that there was only one alt slip the entire game
We did it by putting all our other accounts to mafBlack so that it'd be really obvious if we're not posting on the right account
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #6553 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Bell »

Pure, unadulterated luck.
Kagerou Imaizumi
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Kagerou Imaizumi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6554 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:40 pm

Post by Kagerou Imaizumi »

I'm not proud of my performance this game. Due to reality and other issues, I don't think it helps either. I'll be staying hidden.
awoooo !
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Reisen Udongein Inaba
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6555 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:13 pm

Post by Reisen Udongein Inaba »

In post 6505, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Oh, and I'm sorry for my behavior this game. I need to learn not to snap at people or belittle them just because I'm frustrated, confused, or want them to show me that they're town.
just for the record: it's all good. i wasn't
truly
offended by what you said, i was scum, but i was playing the part and it would have offended me as town so i responded that way. i didn't really think my approach to the day through, just went with it at the spur of the mooment. i don't know why, i knew you weren't going to get swayed by AtE.

but yeah. while i think it's kind of rude i had no real reason to take offense. just wanted to clear that up.

(also, i had no idea who Kaguya was, i was talking out my ass, just felt like a thing to post to fake an "aha!" moment. which had the opposite effect of what i intended, but so it goes).
Kaguya Houraisan
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Kaguya Houraisan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6556 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:17 pm

Post by Kaguya Houraisan »

In post 6555, Reisen Udongein Inaba wrote:
In post 6505, Yuuka Kazami wrote: Oh, and I'm sorry for my behavior this game. I need to learn not to snap at people or belittle them just because I'm frustrated, confused, or want them to show me that they're town.
just for the record: it's all good. i wasn't
truly
offended by what you said, i was scum, but i was playing the part and it would have offended me as town so i responded that way. i didn't really think my approach to the day through, just went with it at the spur of the mooment. i don't know why, i knew you weren't going to get swayed by AtE.

but yeah. while i think it's kind of rude i had no real reason to take offense. just wanted to clear that up.

(also, i had no idea who Kaguya was, i was talking out my ass, just felt like a thing to post to fake an "aha!" moment. which had the opposite effect of what i intended, but so it goes).
We legit thought we were outed cause those posts were so obviously us and you had us pegged so hard on our scumgame
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #6557 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:17 am

Post by Alisae »

time to stay in a retirement home
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #6558 (ISO) » Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:25 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 6557, Alisae wrote: time to stay in a retirement home
You did great though!
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #6559 (ISO) » Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

Spoiler: Links to Noms
In post 34, Bell wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/04/24 Bell Lady Lambdadelta Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition Lady Lambdadelta had a full game solve and was personally responsible for 2 scum deaths. She had a redirector ability and correctly predicted that scum would try to shoot Koishi and redirected that shot toward the deep wolf on N1. Extra style points because she was role blocked but the mod gave her character the thematically appropriate priority action as part of her abilities (Aya is the fastest Touhou character). By successfully redirecting the shot, she cleared herself and the player she defended as both were fairly heavily suspected Day 1.Without this, town would have likely lost on day 3. Later down the line, in melo, she took control of the elimination and correctly killed the stronger of the two remaining scum players. This made it significantly less likely I would pick incorrectly in elo. She also pointed the finger at the last scum, Reisen before dying and had pretty much compiled a case for scum Reisen. Overall, just really solid play and some of her more subtle strengths came through in how she supported the town in melo, it shows up more often in her scum games usually
In post 36, Lukewarm wrote:
Moment of Brilliance
2024/05/02 Lukewarm Lady Lambdadelta as Aya Mini 2331 - Touhou UPick: Anonymous Edition LLD was the only reason that town managed to win this one. I think that this is the closest thing I have ever seen to a single player carry in the team game that is mafia.

LLD had a one-shot redirect ability. On night 1, in a thirteen player game she both guessed the scum kill target (1/12) and a member of the scum team (3/12), such that she was able to target the NK and redirect into the member of the scum team best positioned to be the deep wolf. She made a 1 shot redirect into a cop and doc on her first target, a vigilante that killed scum, and cleared herself. This was not a happy accident, this was her exact goal, and she nailed it.

All around her, town was eating itself alive. The town managed to mislim 4 days in a row, with zero scum eliminations. The game would have already been lost at that point, if not for her redirect play from night 1. But thanks to the redirect kill, the game was at 5p elo, with cleared LLD taking the reigns. And she promptly identified both remaining members of the scum team, declared which should die that day, and made the case on who was her partner.

LLD managed to strong arm an otherwise dysfunctional town into a victory that no one in the dead thread saw as possible.

I don't think I have ever seen a carry more deserving of a Moment of Brilliance award then LLD's from this game.

Bell and I both nominated her, but if you agree go nth!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”