Orca? This! is! Dance of the Title Fairy!

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Orca? This! is! Dance of the Title Fairy!

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by Thok »

Thok is the current Title Fairy and is the sole judge on who gets a title and what it shall be. See the wiki for Title Fairy policy.

You may make suggestions for titles for people other than yourself here. I will be keeping a list of approved titles in the first post, as an easy reference for admins to update periodically.

I will ignore any request for a title for a person with less than 100 posts. Titles in general should be mafia related.

If you are thinking about suggesting a title based on an ongoing mafia game, please wait until the game is over. If it's a good title, it will still be good a few months later.

In general having three or more people show support for a title is sufficient for me to consider it. A post whose only purpose is to fifth or higher a title will be deleted. (Posts that continue discussion of the title, by either suggesting possible tweaks, or giving further reasons for the title will not be deleted.)

Previous versions of this thread can be found here and here and here.

Approved Titles-Jeep can update these.

farside-Mafia Mum

QUEUED (Add new ones above this. I'll be updating and deleting these soon.)

COMPLETED: (Delete these if they check out ok)
Last edited by Thok on Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 49 times in total.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by Thok »

After 92 pages this seems like a good time to start a new Title Fairy thread. Jeeps updated the last batch of titles.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:28 pm

Post by Thok »

Maybe " Getting lots of action" for CKD?

Guardian ought to have a title by now, as he's done enough crazy things. Both "Still here, still /out" [referencing the two Screw the Players games in Mish-Mash] or "Two scum with one post" [referencing Guardian's replacement into Mountainous Multiball] could work.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #35 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm not a fan of the Peers nominations, but Stoolpigeon might work better.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #51 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:56 am

Post by Thok »

Tamuz was clearly making a joke (rogue-rouge is one of the more common spelling mistakes.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #73 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:55 am

Post by Thok »

Awesome Pants' title has been approved.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #78 (isolation #6) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Thok »

If I mention the Dethy where 3 of the 4 players other than myself claimed "Thok guilty" as a result on Day 1, do I get a prize?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #107 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Thok »

Mafia Minstrel?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 7:44 am

Post by Thok »

Perhaps
Drunken Piper
Poetry Typer

works well?

My feeling is that if Yos2's title is changed, it should be changed to "Agree with me" or "Agree with (shrug)"

Could I get an explanation for "Furry" for Mizzy (preferably something mafia related)?

So win>Elvis Impersonator

Titles I think are good
Dead Rikimaru-Full of Flavor
Sarcastro-More like SarcastPOPE
Ether-Lyrical Rampage (although part of me wants to do a KOL reference and call her an Accordion Thief.)
NabakovNabakov-My lovely lovely Lalita (yes, no self-nom's, but everybody want a reference similar to this)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #154 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:56 am

Post by Thok »

Split the 300 stuff to GD.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #161 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Shouldn't we be basing titles on more then 11 pieces of data? Talk to me when he's 40-10 as scum and 25-25 as town.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #163 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 4:59 am

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:With the pace of games on this site, I think 21 is a significant sample.
Pace is completely irrelevant as to whether or not it's a large enough sample.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #166 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:11 am

Post by Thok »

Don't make me beat you people with a statistics book.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #171 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Thok »

JDodge wrote:how many games as SK do you have to merit your title, anyways? surely you must be at least 0-50 for a title to be based on whether or not you're a disgrace to SKs
My title isn't simply "Thok is bad at being an SK" (in fact I'm 0-2-1 as an SK, with a draw in Muppets, a loss in a Minvational where I was NK night 1, and the game where my title comes from, which is a reasonable standard for success for most SK's), but rather recognizing a particularly memorable event, that among other things won CA a scummy.

If Elias didn't keep track of his stats in his sig, would we be having this discussion at all? That's my standard for being significant.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #172 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:05 pm

Post by Thok »

If we assume scum winning percentage is 50%, there's about a 1/200 chance of having a scum record of 10-1 or 11-0 in their games (and really, since we'd have this discussion but backwards if the records were flipped, I should include the possibility of 1-10 or 0-11 and make is about 1/100.) That's good but we have a lot of people on this site, and I wouldn't be shocked if a person randomly was 10-1 or 11-0 or even better.

There's also the question of whether Elias's is actually good, or getting somewhat lucky. (Probably the answer is a combination of both.)

You'll have better luck finding some particularly cool scum gambit that Elias pulled off and basing a title off of that. It would likely give a more interesting title also.

I can't help it if people fail basic statistics.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #176 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:Scum win % is almost NEVER 50%. Are you purposefully being obtuse?
Have you even bothered collecting data for this? 50% is a good approximation.

Just for the record, 5 of those games are as an IC in Newbies in the C9 era, where I'd expect an IC scum to have something like a 80% winning percentage (so Elias was 5 for 5 as opposed to 4 for 5. Big deal.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #180 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:No, because given that the balancing meta is that town have a 50% chance of winning weighted against ALL other factions, instead of each given faction having a equal win probability means that the actual probability of a given scum group winning is MUCH lower than 50%. In addition, each scum screw up is bigger than each town mistake, therefore it is harder to win as scum, and therefore the % is even lower. You're just being dumb now.
Except that Elias only plays Mini's, where we're typically talking one mafia group, or one mafia group and an SK.

Of all the times Elias has been mafia, he's had to deal with multiple scum groups twice: Mini 365, (which he lost) had an SK, and Mini 417 had a 6-3-3 distribution. So Elias probably only had a 35-40% chance of winning as opposed to a 50% chance of winning.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #182 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:Anyway, thok, I have NEVER seen a title have a threshold of "statistically significant" set for it before. If you're really going to be that big of a stickler, then half the titles on the site would be gone. He
wins an insanely high amount as scum
, and a normal amount as town, and has done so for a long time. THAT is title worthy. YOU are being a douchebag.
The bolded test is why statistical significance is necessary. We're trying to quantify if Elias's win percentage is really "insanely high". If it's not, then the title will seem silly when Elias has a cold streak as scum/hot streak as town.

I'm going to stop commenting about this until people actually suggest a title.

Edit: Actually, something like "TSQ says you're good scum" might work for Elias and works on enough levels that I wouldn't complain about it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #189 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm OK with this if Elias is.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #202 (isolation #19) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Thok »

Nominated Kison for "Got Power Role?"

A sample explanation from Pirates v. Ninjas
Kison wrote:I have for some time now complained that I am cursed with either scum roles or vanilla townie roles(or close to vanilla). There was a 1 in 26 chance I got that one vanilla role. I think we call can agree that I am, in fact,
fucking cursed
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #238 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:25 am

Post by Thok »

Added a bunch of titles to the first post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #241 (isolation #21) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Post by Thok »

PokerFace wrote:
Kison
sould just be
"Cursed"
. You don't really need the townie part too much considering popular opinion.
Personally, I think including the Townie part makes it easier for newcomers to get. But if people prefer removing the Townie, I'll change it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #255 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:52 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:I think UA's was
Self-Voter Extraordinaire
. He didn't refuse it though, so I don't know what happened to it.
I sort of ignored it, since it seemed like only a couple people were in favor of it. Are there references to the various self-voting? (I assume UA isn't as frequent a self-vote as Lloyd.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #261 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Lloyd? Since when does Lloyd self-vote? We must hang out in different circles. With the exception of, I believe, exactly one game, UA constantly self-votes to open every game he plays, including scumchat games.
Um, there was a period of time he literally self-voted in every game. That would have been about a year back or so.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #266 (isolation #24) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:
nominate: Killah Nine for "chocolit townee"

ed: for correct spelling. :)
Killah Nine doesn't have 100 posts in mafia games yet. Otherwise it's a good idea for a title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #299 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:I'm not sure 17 games is statistically significant. O.o
17 is more then 11. :P

Assuming a 75% chance to be protown (which is probably high), the relevant probability is .7517, which is about 7/1000. Make it 66% chance to be protown, and you get about 1/1000.

That's a surprisingly high probability (I'd have intuitively guess a number off by several magnitudes.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #304 (isolation #26) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Thok »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I've played 11 Newbie games and been pro-Town in every one. Probability = (5/7)11. Is that statistically significant? More importantly, is it of the slightest interest to anyone?
Not that significant (it occurs for about 1 out of 50 people),

I'm amused that people actually feel that complaining about mathematical calculations being boring has any useful value. (Possibly it's a need to mock me about a part of my personality that I've already accepted even though it may not make me popular, which is even funnier IMHO.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #310 (isolation #27) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Thok »

Adel wrote:what is the threashold for significance? 1/500? 1/250
Unclear. Plus, in my opinion a good title isn't just about numbers. There's also humor/appropriateness. (The first part is about making people laugh when they see it, the second is if a title is honoring something that people actually care about with respect to that person.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #338 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:00 am

Post by Thok »

Rishi wrote:It seems I don't get a title either. Poor meerkat.
Thok's had a bad week. Thok will try to catch up on this thread tomorrow.

Thok on, fellow scummers.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #346 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:
Nominate thok for "Disgrace to Jews everywhere."
I'm not interested in having my title changed. I'm actively against having my title changed to that.

I personally don't get why people want to change MOS's title every three months or so. I'll bug MOS about it, although I think his post 330 makes his feelings about the new title suggestions clear.

Added Rishi's title to the list

Nominate K-Scope for "Math is boring" ;)

The following seem like good ideas but I personally think they could use more discussion
Claus-Making a list
Sarcastro-More like SarcastPOPE
Guardian-Cross Killah
Lawrencelot-Mafia Scuum

I'm not personally a fan of Self-Stoofer for Mr. Stoofer. Maybe something about how his mafia games always seem to have some sort of twist?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #401 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:19 pm

Post by Thok »

Glork wrote:THIRDED!
[TSQ]Stop trolling.[/TSQ]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #420 (isolation #31) » Sun May 04, 2008 5:44 am

Post by Thok »

Alabaska J wrote:Hey something very funny happened in an ongoing game that will almost certainly end up in a tag for Haschel Cedricson. What are the rules for showing what happened b/c it's ongoing? Can I post a link to the thread?
Wait until the game is over. If it's that funny, it will still be funny when the game is over.

Also, Quag's title is approved.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #423 (isolation #32) » Sun May 04, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Thok »

Quagmire in a PM to me wrote:since i can't post, i am PMing you to let you know that i don't want my title at all. shadowlurker and shea both misquoted me. i don't want a title at all.

thanks.
Front page updated appropriately.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #427 (isolation #33) » Mon May 05, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Thok »

Alabaska J wrote:When will people actually get their titles?
When jeep updates them. This happens roughly once or twice a year. (One of those times is typically after the scummies.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #432 (isolation #34) » Tue May 06, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Thok »

Calm down the ABR bashing. You don't want to encourage him to start arguing with you, do you?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #442 (isolation #35) » Tue May 06, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:Who's ABR bashing? I find this all rather endearing.

Creepo #2 is acceptable if and only if we also
change MoS's title to "Creepo"
(let's call that a nomination).
ABR has said he's not interested in having his title changed. So it's staying as it is.

MOS has repeatedly denied interest in having his title changed also.

Perhaps you guys can try find people without titles to suggest titles for.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #502 (isolation #36) » Sat May 10, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Thok »

Killah Nine's title has been added to the front page.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #504 (isolation #37) » Sat May 10, 2008 7:20 pm

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:
Thok wrote:Killah Nine's title has been added to the front page.
what about zonefaces
Who's zonefaces? :wink:
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #528 (isolation #38) » Wed May 14, 2008 8:28 am

Post by Thok »

ZONEACE wrote:could i get some sort of acceptence or veto on mine?
I'm pondering doing the sanitized version of yours (which would be Laming Airy.) You may like/approve Ucking Aggot, but others may have serious problems with it.

(Also, personally I think your current title has a better joke, even if it doesn't have anything to do with your sexuality. I do realize that to some extent the joke is out of date.)

I'd like to hear an explanation for dahill's. Xdaamo's seems poor to me, as it doesn't implicitly distinguish him from the multitude of people who post /in for games on the forum each day.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #544 (isolation #39) » Wed May 14, 2008 11:56 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Ucking Aggot is clearly censored, so there shouldn't be any problem using it.
It's only censored for people who are clueless.

It seems to me like a title that just asking for Zoneace 2.0 to show up as a newbie, look at the title, think Zoneace is a homophobe and start getting violent with him. Maybe I'm wrong.

dahill's is rejected unless it starts showing up on Mafia Scum: in my opinion scumchat jokes aren't good titles. (See Zoneace's reaction to the comment, for example.) Use this as an excuse to bagel dahill in mafia games.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #550 (isolation #40) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Thok »

JDodge wrote:
Oman wrote:Thok I think you're getting pre-reactionary.
The correct terms are "power-mad" and "anal".
You keeps using those words. I do not think they mean what you think they mean.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #552 (isolation #41) » Wed May 14, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:Out of curiosity, why the hell does Yos's title have nothing to do with people agreeing with him?

That's, like, the biggest in-site meme ever.
Because nobody can agree on a good format for the joke? This topic has been brought up about 20 times, and nobody agrees on a good version of the title, not even Yosarian2.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #587 (isolation #42) » Thu May 15, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by Thok »

Personally, I like either "Agree with (shrug)" or "(shrug) I agree".
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #597 (isolation #43) » Thu May 15, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:Words like Sh*t, F*ck, C*nt, *ss, and C*ck are all only censored for clueless people, too, yet the more...
sensitive members of this community seem to generally think it's an appropriate measure of censorship.
Why should this be any different?
Bolding mine.

a. I'd like to see evidence that they think this is an acceptable measure of censorship.

b. Are they using these versions commonly, or just in threads where they are discussing profanity and need to come up with some version of the word so that people know what they are talking about? Context matters.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #615 (isolation #44) » Fri May 16, 2008 11:25 am

Post by Thok »

MafiaSSK wrote:If I can nominate myself
Nomintate: Annoying Lurker
for myself because every person whose played with me would agree with it.
Self-Nominations are frowned on.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #629 (isolation #45) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Thok »

pickemgenius wrote:it should be noted I said something completely awesome in this thread last night, so much so that Thok himself was ashamed of its truth, and therefore deleted all the posts related to that subject.
I don't know who removed the posts from last night, but I know for certain it wasn't me. I'm sure the relevant party will back me up on this.

(Among other things, my innuendoish posts was deleted. I'm pretty sure I went to sleep fairly soon after my post [which was at 1 in the morning West Coast time], and never even saw whatever PEG considered to be a clever response. I'm fairly clear all PEG did was miss the point of my post in the first place.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #632 (isolation #46) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by Thok »

So, PEG's demonstrated a complete inability to read. Great.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #633 (isolation #47) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:Thok, why did you just edit your post to change your story?
My story didn't actually change, except to add the fact that I was asleep when PEG put up his post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #636 (isolation #48) » Fri May 16, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Thok »

pickemgenius wrote:
Thok wrote:So, PEG's demonstrated a complete inability to read. Great.
Who else would delete the posts...

They weren't harming anyone or volatile in nature...
I assume it's either Mith or Stoofer, and they erased the posts for containing a high level of profanity and offensiveness. I'm sure the relevant person will admit to it if it is an issue.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #658 (isolation #49) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:37 am

Post by Thok »

JDodge wrote:How do you know what time these posts were put up to thus know that you were asleep at the time if you had nothing to do with them?

How do you know the content of the post that you supposedly never saw?
Why are you assuming that I don't know when I put up my post and what the contents of my post are? I know that it got deleted while I was asleep and was potentially really offensive. It doesn't take a genius to deduce what sort of reply PEG's post would have been, and given that I never saw the post but know it was in response to my post, and I know when my post was made and deleted, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what time period it would have been posted if it was posted.

Protip: I generally never deleted/move stuff without actually saying that I've deleted or moved stuff. (I think I even made a post in the old Title Fairy thread discussing when I deleted SL's thread about making a new title fairy thread: if not, that's the only exception I can think of.) Believe it or not, I tend to leave a trail of accountability for myself.

(Edit: changed SL's post to SL's thread.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #661 (isolation #50) » Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Thok »

ShadowLurker wrote:No, you told me over AIM that you would like full dictatorial control over the Title Fairy thread or something.
Look, a post that proves you don't know what you are talking about.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #682 (isolation #51) » Sun May 18, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by Thok »

hasdgfas wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:nominate all self-nominators for
Mafia Scum
actually, they should get
Scum
instead, just to punish those who actually do self-nom.
No, you see we're actually setting the title to Mafia Scum, as opposed to the default. That means if they get over the SUPER-SEKRET number of posts that would normally get the fourth level of titles, their title won't change.

(Note, don't spam trying to find the SUPER-SEKRET number. I hear it's OVER 9000.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #706 (isolation #52) » Mon May 19, 2008 7:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:I assumed "100 posts" really meant 100 posts; not just 100 game posts, and also that you had a sense of humor.

I love you all!
100 posts=100 posts in mafia games. This dates back to the days of bigbenbw[/teach]
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #708 (isolation #53) » Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 am

Post by Thok »

Cogito Ergo Scum wrote:
ChannelDelibird wrote:Nominate Cogito Ergo Scum for "Mafia Sum".

I just like it.
Heh, I actually like it too.
Added to the first post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #775 (isolation #54) » Mon May 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Thok »

dahill1 wrote:
Pie_is_good wrote:nominate xyzzy for /ignore
second
Can I use this as post facto support for "nothing happens"?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #793 (isolation #55) » Tue May 27, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:I think the best title for Natirasha would be "Bible Thumper"

I
could be
am certainly wrong, though.
Fixed that for you.

Remember back in the day when people wanted to give hasdgfas a title about his repressing homosexual thoughts? Remember how much worse those titles would have been than "Moo"?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #813 (isolation #56) » Fri May 30, 2008 9:40 am

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:My hope is that it will get people who dont know me to stop saying it. I don't mind when people who I actually know say it.
Lighten up, Dammit.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #826 (isolation #57) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 pm

Post by Thok »

Pokerface's title has been added to the first post.

I like either of the non-WIFOM choices for shaft.ed, if there's agreement on which one.

The one suggested for Hasdgfas is cleverer than the typical title suggestion. This is an acknowledgment that the suggestion exists.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #827 (isolation #58) » Sat May 31, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm likely to change TSQ's title to Titles: Serious Business, unless people have a a major objection to it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #849 (isolation #59) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by Thok »

Guardian wrote:Is there a specific reason that Cross Killah doesn't work for me, Thok? It was not the first notion of me being nominated for a title that I remember, but was by far the most hilarious and memorable for me. I was nominated and thirded... and generally don't get why it has been ignored.

(shrug).
Adel wrote:I hate that for Guardian... he is so much more than that. It bugs me to no end that I can't think of a better title for him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #854 (isolation #60) » Sun Jun 01, 2008 7:27 pm

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:Nominate gaurdian for "So much more than a cross Killah"
"So Much More" works better, IMHO.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #868 (isolation #61) » Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Thok »

xyzzy wrote:Wait, are you implying that Brandi is my alt?

lol!
More that you're trying to sleep with Brandi, I think.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #897 (isolation #62) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:11 am

Post by Thok »

ChannelDelibird wrote:Think that kills both jokes, really.

I marginally prefer abridg.ed to dem.agogue.
So do I. Which is why I've put it in the first post.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #898 (isolation #63) » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:13 am

Post by Thok »

Added a title for TSQ in the first post.

Nominate Brandi for "Not an Alt".
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #946 (isolation #64) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:30 am

Post by Thok »

Split Brandi's Art Stuff to a thread in GD.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #956 (isolation #65) » Wed Jun 04, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by Thok »

It seems like one of mith or jeep (probably mith) decided to give TSQ a new title. :P
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1005 (isolation #66) » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:35 pm

Post by Thok »

Random comments:

1. I've added a comment about titles based on ongoing games to the first post, mainly because people keep asking about the topic.

2. I assume TSQ is happy with his current title. Also, I've added a couple titles to the first post (and I'm sending a PM to Johoohno and Erg0.)

3. How about "Hug Thug" for Brandi?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1009 (isolation #67) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Thok »

Glork wrote:I still want "Needs moar hugz" for TSQ.
I'm not giving TSQ a title that it's obvious he doesn't want.

(The next person who wants to discuss possible TSQ title's better appreciate the irony of the situation. Appreciate it!)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1034 (isolation #68) » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:51 pm

Post by Thok »

TSQ, you've clearly broken site guidelines (specifically the ones about not making posts with an intent to specifically insult other people.) I'm going to ask you politely to back away from this discussion. Consider this a warning from a "mod appointed by Mith." (Do not bother arguing whether or not I actually have this power, as I've actually specifically asked Mith to clarify what powers I have.)

I know that you are unhappy with the situation, and my suggestion is to stop talking about it for a couple days. I'd also like everybody else to let the situation go. Most of us have had a laugh at the situation, now let it go.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1046 (isolation #69) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Thok »

Pie_is_good wrote:
Thok's Signature wrote:People mistakenly seem to believe I have
significant
power in this forum. If you are suffering from this delusion, please take two Aspirin and PM Mith or Jeep in the morning.
The key word is significant. The point of my sig is to deal with people who ask me to lock threads in GD or delete posts in ongoing mafia games or expect me to snap my fingers and make their new title appear overnight, none of which I can do.

Also, I haven't deleted any of your posts. Hopefully your bookie doesn't expect too much in payment for that bet.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1052 (isolation #70) » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Thok »

Erg0 wrote:
Oman wrote:HEY! IDEA!

Can we give Erg0 the title
Famewhore
after the "help, I'm a famewhore!" thread that is still funny to this day. The staying power deserves a title (must find link).
Not that anyone cares at this point, but I like this idea. Frankly I'd take almost anything, which is probably an indication that this is the correct choice.
Nominate Erg0 for "Almost Anything"
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1097 (isolation #71) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 6:10 am

Post by Thok »

I'll tell Gimbo about his Title nomination, although I won't be surprised if he rejects it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1100 (isolation #72) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Thok »

Also, I've added a title for dahill. It's been a month and it looks like it's actually staying around as a gag that's transcended scumchat.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1102 (isolation #73) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Thok »

Elias_the_thief wrote:whatever happened to dem-agogue (i may or not have failed at spelling but I dont care enough to get it right) for shafted?
abridg.ed is better.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1104 (isolation #74) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:35 am

Post by Thok »

Gimbo tells me that he's not interested in "Prod me!" as a title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1116 (isolation #75) » Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by Thok »

Elias_the_thief wrote:No. It really isnt. It's based on something that many players do and have done since before was here, and a useless reference to his screenname. It is in no way funny or interesting. Dem-agogue is the perfect expression of his unique personality in GD.
Doesn't shaft.ed not like dem-agouge?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1137 (isolation #76) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by Thok »

Why do people think insults are a good idea for titles? And why would you expect people to accept an insult as a titles unless it was clever?

Nominate Alabaska J for "Fail K?"
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1142 (isolation #77) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Thok »

Done a bit of tweaking to titles (dahill's and shaft.ed)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1170 (isolation #78) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Thok »

I prefer
EBWODP: Xtoxm
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1184 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Thok »

Thestatusquo wrote:How distracting would it be to have a long drunken ramble as HCs title? Like a paragraph.
The Title Fairy policy wrote:Titles should be a short phrase, generally of 5 words or less. If you want to reference a long quote, either summarize it or put it in your signature.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1217 (isolation #80) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Thok »

Catching up on this thread.

Brandi's title is meh to me. (Edited to change my mind about PMing her about it. If people insist, I will do so.)

Haschel Cedricson's and Xtoxm title's are approved. (Congrats Albaska: HC's title makes you 1 for 10 in nominating good titles.)

OGML and Ether's titles have already been dissed by OGML and Ether, respectively.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1250 (isolation #81) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Thok »

Simenon wrote:Is today "mock the greatness that is Simenon" day? :(

Because I am not a fan.
Nominate Simenon for "Not a Fan".

<<
>>

(Also, adding Jrammar Nazi)

(Also, Cicero, jeep will add the titles when he gets to them. That will definitely be when the next Scummy's happen, and possibly before then.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1274 (isolation #82) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Thok »

I think "Moar Hugz" would be a good title for Brandi. I'll retract that if TSQ objects.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1318 (isolation #83) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by Thok »

Alabaska J wrote:This is the best post in the history (and future) of MafiaScum.
Don't make me hunt down a roflcopter for you.

Also,
Title Fairy Policy wrote:Similarly, avatar related titles are generally frowned upon unless the avatar in question has not changed in a significant period of time (at least a year).
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1339 (isolation #84) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Thok »

I still like
Fail, K?
for Alabaska J. That may be too clever for him.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1358 (isolation #85) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 pm

Post by Thok »

Alabaska J wrote:
Posthumously (perhaps, we'll see what mith decides) Nominate Gimbo for
Prodding Gimbo
complete with italics a la Blackberry's title.
Nah. (I probably should make my standard joke about giving Gimbo an
A
as a title.)

Also updating Alabaska J's title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1362 (isolation #86) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:24 am

Post by Thok »

PokerFace wrote:Damn i am off my game as of late. I don't get that 'A' joke either.
It's the Scarlet Letter.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1372 (isolation #87) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Thok »

Cyberbob wrote:If only you put as much effort into finding a decent avatar as you do coming up with titles for people.
I was under the impression he put exactly as much effort into his avatar as he does for titles.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1463 (isolation #88) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by Thok »

Added curiouskarmadog's title. Otherwise, not much happening.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1466 (isolation #89) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by Thok »

Erg0 wrote:In these troubled times, can you really afford
not
to accept it?
Personally, I prefer investing in long term alternative title source to investing in short term titles that harm the environment.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1489 (isolation #90) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Thok »

Remember, this is the Title Fairy thread, not the make fun of Alabaska J thread or make jokes about Zoneace being gay thread.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1491 (isolation #91) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:Dictator.
:twisted:
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1548 (isolation #92) » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:29 pm

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:Ho ho, that was so droll.
Posts deleted.
Now I'm curious about what I missed.

Also, Xdaamno is given a title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1571 (isolation #93) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Thok »

I have no problem with the original title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1596 (isolation #94) » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:51 pm

Post by Thok »

I'm not personally fond of any title on this page. They all seem uninspired.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1614 (isolation #95) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by Thok »

Alabaska J wrote:Nominate Simenon for Cantankerous
Asshole
Fixed.

(The last part goes without saying, so there's no reason to say it. :P)

Do I need to explain why Thestatusquo's title isn't happening, or should I go through the motions and actually ask TSQ if he has any interest in this title?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1679 (isolation #96) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:58 am

Post by Thok »

Gives everybody in the thread a stern look. Don't make me drag mith in here to clean this up.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1682 (isolation #97) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Thok »

[quote="KaleiÃ
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1710 (isolation #98) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Thok »

Porochaz wrote:However moving past all this, I want to hear Thoks opinion on Adels suggestion.
In theory, I'm in favor of anything that gets people to discuss titles. In practice, I'm not sure how well it will work.

I still think somebody should get Weighted Companion Cube as a title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1738 (isolation #99) » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:33 pm

Post by Thok »

Alabaska's potential title has been changed.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1769 (isolation #100) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:43 pm

Post by Thok »

Tarhalindur wrote:How about "Arael"? (You know, the Angel... it rapes your mind with Handel's Hallelujah chorus...)
I prefer mafia references to relatively obscure Neo-Genesis Evangelion references (I'm not sure anybody remembers the names of the Angels on a consistent basis, and those names also clearly have Kabbalist meanings.)

Sadist could be punched up a bit (possibly Sadistic Mod would be more appropriate.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1786 (isolation #101) » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Thok »

PokerFace wrote:true dat,
fourth
. sumbody fifth it, yo!
Or don't. I've PMed Simenon about it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1813 (isolation #102) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Erg0 wrote:Nominate Simenon for
Entitled
Heh. If Simenon likes it I'd approve it.

Can I get a brief explanation of "meep meep"? It sounds like a good title, but I'd like to know why.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1850 (isolation #103) » Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Thok »

JDodge wrote:
Nominate Lord Gurgi for "Flimsy"
, based on his actions in high-pressure situations.
I'm pretty sure that Lord Gurgi has no interest in a title that insults him. Accept it.

If you want to reference the McCain thread, something like "Socialists are scum" strikes me as a better way to do it. And that's assuming Lord Gurgi wants a title based off of that thread.

Added titles for Simenon and Nocmen.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1907 (isolation #104) » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by Thok »

GTKA for Andycyca?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1917 (isolation #105) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by Thok »

Nobody likes
GTKA
(which would be short for "Get to know Andycyca")?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1932 (isolation #106) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:41 am

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:Sounds like
Thok's Padawan
, but that might be a bit obscure.
Ironically, in my most successful SK game (Muppets) it took me three tries to kill Pooky. I was never prevented from having a nightkill, it's just that two separate role mechanics redirected my kill from Pooky.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1958 (isolation #107) » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:09 pm

Post by Thok »

So, I've been ignoring this thread too long. Hence here are some thoughts, titles and other things.

Looks over the last 20 pages or so

And the only title I've added is for Lord Gurgi. (I prefer Mostly Harmless, as it seems to incoporate both the ideas of Flimsy and the inability to kill as an SK.)

Way to go people.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1969 (isolation #108) » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:26 pm

Post by Thok »

Lynchophiliac
?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #1982 (isolation #109) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Thok »

East to Death it is.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2005 (isolation #110) » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Thok »

Given how the wiki has been going, nominate Andycyca for "Spamilante"
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2018 (isolation #111) » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Thok »

Wirodeu wrote:Stuff
As the young townsperson stands in a state of collapse, the Title Fairy prepares a response.

"Apologies, but your request manages to break at least three different rules outlined in the first post (you need 100 posts in mafia games, you shouldn't nominate yourself for a title, and the title in general should be mafia related.) Go out and experience the ways of scum, and if people appreciate your enthusiasm then a boon will be granted once you are ready."
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2026 (isolation #112) » Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Thok »

And Andycyca's title is approved. (I made some tweaks with capitialization. Let me know if you prefer a different capitalization.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2042 (isolation #113) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Thok »

Who's Cybele? I'm not convinced it's particularly popular.

Or at least, I'm not convinced Cybele has received 2^32-1 PMs in one day.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2045 (isolation #114) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Thok »

Korts wrote:He's a mish-masher. Dunno how popular he is, but I'm pretty sure he has over a thousand posts in TWSOGMM and
under a hundred in mafia games.
Huh. Unfortunately, the bolded part is now why the title request is denied. Sorry Cybele, but the rule is 100 posts in mafia games are necessary before a title will be approved.

Thok: I split the discussion of the mafia post requirement to its own thread, since I think it warrants its own discussion. I know, abuse of power and all that.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2047 (isolation #115) » Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Thok »

I like my title. I always have. Plus there isn't anything natural to change it to (except possibly "Abuse of Power".)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2122 (isolation #116) » Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Thok »

Some stuff:

9 years old, IMHO, is the perfect title for Shadowlurker, until there's evidence that it isn't. "Is having a birthday" is good, but 9 years old is better.

Heh. I like "exelent at mafier" for Primate. Of course, he doesn't want it, so I won't give it to him.

Nekka-Lucifer for Townsperson is good.

Does not compute seems like the best of the options to me for StrangerCoug.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2164 (isolation #117) » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:50 pm

Post by Thok »

PokerFace wrote:I miss Thoks old avatar. Picturing him with the new one just feels so off.
Feh, I've been lazy. (Although both The Spot and
Agatha Hetrodyne
Professor Foglio? are somewhat crazy inventor types with a bit of snobbishness, so they both work well as an avatar for me.)
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2171 (isolation #118) » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Thok »

Porochaz wrote:
Oman wrote:
Porochaz wrote:sh! Oman has a title and is therefore more important than you.
Lulz anograms.
I dont understand...
He's amused by you. anagram=you and your title.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2189 (isolation #119) » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Thok »

Mr. Flay wrote:So what makes "
Nothing Happens
" inappropriate here, then?
I agree with YoFlay

How much interest is there in the suggested title for Kinetic a page back?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2210 (isolation #120) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Thok »

I'll consider that title once the game is over.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2219 (isolation #121) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Thok »

Noose Magnet is approved.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2221 (isolation #122) » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Thok »

UltimaAvalon wrote:Guess who still doesn't have his title
Not my problem. Bug Jeep, not me.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2248 (isolation #123) » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:33 am

Post by Thok »

jeep wrote:Complete except for dahill. There is no use with that name and there are multiples that contain the string 'dahill'.

-JEEP
Sorry about that.

Edit: Looks like all titles are up.

Given the current length of the thread and the fact that this is a natural breaking point, I'm going to start a new Title Fairy thread soon. Feel free to go "Hooray! Jeep gave me a title!" here.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2289 (isolation #124) » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by Thok »

In a horrible abuse of power, I've split off the discussion of people's drinking habits to General Discussion.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2318 (isolation #125) » Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Thok »

alvinz95 wrote:I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I was just posting my opinion.

I know for a fact I'm not worthy of a title, but I thought roflcopter was. No need for snapping with sarcasm and attacks please.
Nominate alvinz95 for
Not worthy of a title

:wink:
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2357 (isolation #126) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:29 pm

Post by Thok »

Ma Beagle? Or is the Ducktales reference too obscure?
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2367 (isolation #127) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:05 pm

Post by Thok »

farside22 wrote:What doe Ma Beagle have to do with mafia? You people make me smile.
I think if you want mafia with mom.
Godmother
She's the matriarch of the Beagles boys, a group of criminal scum who want to steal Scrooge McDuck's gold.

Like I said, it's a bit obscure.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2405 (isolation #128) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:34 pm

Post by Thok »

Mafia Mum has been approved for Farside. I've sent a PM to monkeyman, but if he's OK with it I'm OK with it.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #2407 (isolation #129) » Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:45 pm

Post by Thok »

shaft.ed wrote:
Thok wrote:After 92 pages this seems like a good time to start a new Title Fairy thread. Jeeps updated the last batch of titles.
page 97...just sayin'
Fair enough. Locked and destickied.

Return to “Player Titles”