Newbie 2130 - A Micro Normal [Game Over]

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators.
dredruby
dredruby
He/Him
Townie
dredruby
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:03 am

Post by dredruby »

In post 162, hasdgfas wrote: Dred, your vote is currently on Black. Do you think she is scum?

I mean she did slip so obviously (not atm)

In post 174, Doow wrote: Also have one question what does the E-2 means in the voting standings? Thanks in advance!
As far as i've seen it means that there's 2 votes left until Rat would be eliminated.

VOTE: HyperShock for the time.

Where's LoveKilling at? It's been almost 24 hours and none of their posts have any substance to them.
dredruby
dredruby
He/Him
Townie
dredruby
He/Him
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:04 am

Post by dredruby »

E-2 I forgot to add
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:16 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 174, Doow wrote: Today i will be more afk since work… i see lots of new messages i hope to be able read them all later today. To see where my heads at.

Also have one question what does the E-2 means in the voting standings? Thanks in advance!
It means I will be eliminated if two more people vote for me.

As a player, if you place a vote that puts someone at E-2 or E-1, it's generally good practice to announce that to avoid someone accidentally hammering.

Likewise, most game mods will include those warnings in the vote count as a courtesy. Some may include the E-X for everyone instead of just E-2/E-1, some may only do E-1, and more rarely some might not have it at all.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:28 am

Post by chibiyali »

Right. Been trying to read through it all and wrapping my head around things.

Preliminary town reads:
Dred - seems to be asking good questions and tossinf out interesting read motivations
Doow - looks as townie as I have ever seen her as town. Nothing sus there in my eyes

Preliminary scum reads:
Rat: seems to have a knack for digging their scummy hole a bit deeper with every post they make
LoveKilling: Lack of indepth material plus post 36 saying "I can't help it if I don't die" reads like an early scum wink to me.

The rest:
Black, Bingle, Hyper and has are all back and forthing to me. They are tangled in looking at one another and caught up in deep-analysing posts at this point I feel like any proper clarity will only come further into the game or when a flip reveals info. To me it's a bit of he said/she said and I find that difficult to unravel and process at this point in the game. Also I believe a rat flip may give us info on where they stand.

----------

I'm sorry Rat, but your posts just slide you further and further into susville for me. I think I am going to put you at E -1 and ask you to claim.

VOTE: Rat
E-1 warning
Disclaimer: Every single word this user has posted is either the full honest truth or an absolute lie.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VC 1.6
Radical Rat
(4)
- Doow, hasdgfas, Hypershock, chibiyali
[E-1]

Hypershock (3) - Radical Rat, Black, dredruby [E-2]

Not voting: LoveKilling, Bingle

With 9 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.

Day 1 will end in (expired on 2024-06-29 13:00:00) or when an elimination is reached.
time will end
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:47 am

Post by Black »

Chibi what exactly do you find scummy about RR's posts?
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades

Jack of All Trades

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:51 am

Post by Radical Rat »

I won't be claiming, sorry.

I believe my role becoming known would be anti-Town at this point. This is true even if my role is revealed via flip.

I will compile reads/thoughts within the next couple hours though, so I ask that a hammer be avoided until then, at the very least.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:52 am

Post by hasdgfas »

UNVOTE:

I want to hear Chibi reply to Black here.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
Hascow/Cow are acceptable shortened names, never "Has"
Doow
Doow
She/Her
Goon
Doow
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:56 am

Post by Doow »

UNVOTE: radical rat E2

Curious about their explanation before i probably will put my vote back on there (and then i have time to read everything will be home in 3 hours)
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:58 am

Post by chibiyali »

In post 180, Black wrote: Chibi what exactly do you find scummy about RR's posts?
12: random hop vote on Doow

34: Only Mafia

77: because I wanted to

108: Doow asked something and Rat deflected it in a way that isn't vibing with me.

Then there is the case on Hyper where Rat appeared to go quite hard on something that I personally consider quite plausible. But then again, I can completely empathise with forgetting something you wanted to do because it happens to me all the time.
Also, the lurking accusation didn't really seem solid to me. I agree with Hyper that a pattern should show in order for it to become a legit reason.

-----
Tl;dr: a lot of little susses combined with the Hyper situation and Rat's defenses have never seemes quite meaty for me.

....and a tiny bit of me never having put someone at E-1 or hammered a person before because a tiny voice in the back of my head keeps warning me that putting someone there is very dangerous and could really harm town. But what better than a newbie game to do it and try to not play safe-ish?
Disclaimer: Every single word this user has posted is either the full honest truth or an absolute lie.
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:58 am

Post by chibiyali »

I'm also on phone so my apology for not using post tags/links but it is sooooo much work on phone for me!!!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:02 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 178, chibiyali wrote: Black, Bingle, Hyper and has
Please see my signature for shortening my name. "has" was confusing due to grammar last time I was on this site and is not going to be less confusing this time. :P
In post 181, Radical Rat wrote: I believe my role becoming known would be anti-Town at this point. This is true even if my role is revealed via flip.
Other SEs, is this a normal way to not claim these days? It really sets off some alarms in my head, but I haven't changed the batteries in that alarm for 15 years, so it could be expired.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont. vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows. he's not a liberal. thus he is a cow
----
very much a liberal now
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:03 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 184, chibiyali wrote: 12: random hop vote on Doow
What about this was scummy?
----
very much a liberal now
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:04 am

Post by Black »

I don't understand how these are scummy at all. Do you actually find two joke votes scummy? These feel like a stretch
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Black
she/her
Twilight Princess

Twilight Princess

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:07 am

Post by Black »

In post 186, hasdgfas wrote: Other SEs, is this a normal way to not claim these days? It really sets off some alarms in my head, but I haven't changed the batteries in that alarm for 15 years, so it could be expired
Typically I think if you're going to claim this much information then you should just full claim, but maybe there's a reason for it. I don't want to openly speculate about what he could be if he's telling the truth and I'm bad with role spec anyway so I probably would be wrong XD
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:14 am

Post by chibiyali »

In post 186, hasdgfas wrote:
In post 178, chibiyali wrote: Black, Bingle, Hyper and has
Please see my signature for shortening my name. "has" was confusing due to grammar last time I was on this site and is not going to be less confusing this time. :P
Noted, apologies!
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:18 am

Post by chibiyali »

In post 188, Black wrote:

I don't understand how these are scummy at all. Do you actually find two joke votes scummy? These feel like a stretch
They may have been joke votes but they pinged on my radar and never really disappeared. Especially not with the rest added onto it

It's also phrasing and vibes.

Also, like I said, I've never done an E-1 or a hammer before and I find seeing the mechanics and gameplay consequences of that move interesting to watch.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 2:48 am

Post by Bingle »

This rat wagon more than anything else has me townleaning rat. A lot of the scumreads on them are more about their aggression and that’s something that is pretty true as both alignments.

I don’t think the hypershock/rat fight is S/S, but I’m also not sure which of the other two options it is. I think that my initial callout that rat was kind of mellow has been addressed.

VOTE: hascow

Let’s take ye old poking stick this way for a hot minute.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:04 am

Post by Bingle »

In post 186, hasdgfas wrote:Other SEs, is this a normal way to not claim these days? It really sets off some alarms in my head, but I haven't changed the batteries in that alarm for 15 years, so it could be expired.
It’s definitely odd. I can think of reasons to want to claim this way (scummy claims like bulletproof, negative utility claims like enabler (is enabler normal?), the implied or real existence of manipulation like redirection (not a thing in normals), a role that necessarily lets scum play around a different role like a backup of something strong) but it’s generally bad form to redact part/most of the claim unless you’re absolutely sure it’s the right call.

In this case I’m not too worried because I don’t particularly want rat to claim, personally. I will say that if anyone is protective it might not be the worst idea to consider protecting rat, as they have functionally claimed that they have some kind of power role. Or you could protect me, because the ic always gets shot in newbies.

I will say, this is a good thing to keep in mind later. I for one would never claim the way they’re doing if I were something fairly mainstream like a doctor, and if they claim vanilla or cop or something that doesn’t make sense to have claimed this way down the line then it’s a pretty good reason to murder death kill.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:06 am

Post by Bingle »

To be clear, the first paragraph there is an IC post and not something I would normally have posted in a mafia setting, you can take it to the bank of jingle and redeem it for the five cent face value.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:07 am

Post by Skygazer »

Hi everyone! I am Skygazer, the backup moderator for this game. I am also a Listmod, which means I help oversee the Mafia side of this website in an official capacity.

This post is an official reminder to please be mindful of others' pronouns.

Misgendering is prohibited per our Forum Rules and Guidelines. Please be careful not to misgender other users. You can see others' pronouns underneath their username, in the "Isolate Users" dropdown menu, or on their profile. We understand that mistakes may happen, but there's also an expectation to learn and adjust from those mistakes. If you are misgendered, please feel free to report the post, reach out to TemporalLich or myself, or reach out to any other
Listmods
. Thanks!

- Skygazer
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:19 am

Post by Bingle »

As an aside, the listmods and discussion mods are all pretty open to being contacted about any/everything. Don’t hesitate to report things that are even just a little borderline, because they’re not machines that blindly execute without investigating (yet). Think of the report button as a “Maybe someone should be aware of this, in case it gets worse” instead of a “Hey fuck this guy and his family and his neighbor and that one dude who loaned him bus fare in 2013” button.
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:20 am

Post by chibiyali »

In post 196, Bingle wrote: As an aside, the listmods and discussion mods are all pretty open to being contacted about any/everything. Don’t hesitate to report things that are even just a little borderline, because they’re not machines that blindly execute without investigating (yet). Think of the report button as a “Maybe someone should be aware of this, in case it gets worse” instead of a “Hey fuck this guy and his family and his neighbor and that one dude who loaned him bus fare in 2013” button.
Question is: did the dude ever get the bus fare loan back?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:44 am

Post by hasdgfas »

In post 191, chibiyali wrote: I've never done an E-1 or a hammer before and I find seeing the mechanics and gameplay consequences of that move interesting to watch.
Ok. You got responses to your move from a handful of people. Did you glean anything from it?
----
very much a liberal now
chibiyali
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
chibiyali
She/Her
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Jun 21, 2024 3:54 am

Post by chibiyali »

I did! I found it interesting that some people immediately pulled back upon seeing E-1 happen. That can be for multiple reasons lik either being fellow scum or someone unsure if Rat was really town or not. It means their vote could just have been an indication rather than something serious. Voting and unvoting motivation could help us in the future.

Plus there is rat's response in itself and the way people responded to it and the insights that may have given.

My heart was pounding when I did it and I was afraid someone might do something awful but I'm very glad that didn't happen.
Though I know it's not a guarantee that it never will.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”