Mini 732: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Mafia (Game Over!)

Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 13, 2009 6:58 am

Post by Plum »

/Confirmo
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:48 pm

Post by Plum »

Vote: TonyMontana
, for being Vanilla and for being scum in that last game. Yay RVS antics!

On another note, what degree of results/target claiming about the night is usually called for in a Smalltown game? I've never been in one before and wonder what might be considered baseline optimal-strategy protocol.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:42 am

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Unvote
I went with a random vote because that's what I've always done to kick off a mafia game. I've never played a smalltown game before, and since I didn't know what the standard procedure was, I just did what was natural.

I did not target anyone last night. I do not believe in vig killing on the first night. (I have toyed with a night zero kill list in the past, but this isn't exactly relevant because no one who would be on that list is in this game anyway.)
Fine. Should a popcorn-style claim of night actions start with Mega choosing who goes next, as he's already claimed, or would anyone prefer something else? I'm fine with Mega popcorning.

Unvote
. Never been in a Smalltown or Night Start game before, Mega made a random vote, I concluded that a random vote might be a legit way for me to start off my posting for the Day. In any case.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:38 pm

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Gorrad wrote:
Unvote, Vote: Megatheory
. I think I see what Fhwgwgads is getting at.
I don't know what you two are getting at. I voted Gorrad as a joke because I'm in another game with Plum and Danchaofan where... well, that game is ongoing, so I don't want to comment on it further. But both of them should have gotten the joke.
LINK REMOVED

I thought unvoting and then voting the same person for a different reason was funny, so I did that. Random votes are fun 'n' all that.

If you two want to cut us in on whatever you're talking about, I'd love to hear it.

Please, please, please. NEVER discuss (and especially never LINK to) ongoing games. The next person to do this will be modkilled without question or further warning.
--Glork
Of course you're funny, Mega, you scumbag :D.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #4) » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:31 pm

Post by Plum »

fuzzylightning wrote:I can confirm that Danch did not target Rishi last night, because I watched Rishi to see if anyone would do anything with him.
With this DCF is newb-town, after the Rishi protect (with the exception-case here being that DCF and FL are scumbuddies and are both lying). FL watching Rishi was a pretty clever move, in my opinion. Who's up next?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 26, 2009 5:09 pm

Post by Plum »

hasdgfas wrote:
Megatheory wrote:
hasdgfas wrote: no-killed N1
No killing does limit my liability if I am scum, but it also had a 2/3 chance of killing a town player. I'd rather be under suspicion in this scenario.
sure, but that's almost the exact same argument as used for No Lynching in Newbie games. Why shouldn't we maximize the amount of town-aligned kills if we have the chance?
Then again, Day 1 lynches grant info as well as a chance to hit scum. Night 0 kills do not. I see the benefits to N0 kills, but I don't think deciding not to is a scumtell. It's more related to theory disagreement, and I'd say rather bash it out in MD instead.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:18 pm

Post by Plum »

Danchaofan wrote:I think we get enough information from (possibly) 2 N1 kills that N2 onwards it's better to direct vig. I trust that you can make a reasonable decision N1 regarding our kill.
I agree with this. New discussion avenues - are there any?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:08 pm

Post by Plum »

Megatheory wrote:
Vote Porochaz
Porochaz is a doublevoter. If he made the kill last night, his power is not working today. Unless Glork screwed up the last two vote counts. So...

Glork
are the last two vote counts correct?
I approve of this thought process; excellent observation there. That said, I'd like to get confirmation from the mod on how the Doublevoter's votes show up in the votecount, just for clarification purposes (perhaps the mod anticipated this? Can't see any harm in asking, anyway) and whether Day powers (like mine or Porochaz's) are blocked the next day if the player in question sent in the Mafia's kill. If his power isn't working today according to votecount rules, and Day powers are affected if the player sent the Mafia's kill Porochaz, it would seem, did make the kill, and would be caught scum.
Mod, how does a Doublevote show up in the votecount? Do Day Actions work if the person using them sent in the Mafia's kill the night before?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Post by Plum »

hasdgfas wrote:
TonyMontana wrote: I don't like hasdgfas willingness to catch a bullet for a doublevoter. You say you suspected he would be a target for being a good player, and later added that you wanted him around because he is a good player.
Is he really good enough to die for?
I'd trust him if town more than some people with "better roles". Also, note that I didn't say "good", I said "experienced". Almost the same thing, but not quite.
I also find it silly that people are bringing up the fact that he's a doublevoter. I DO NOT CARE WHAT HIS ROLE IS. I WOULD RATHER HE BE ALIVE TODAY THAN SOME PEOPLE WITH "better roles".
What is scummy about that?
Nothing. Howerver, on a slightly different note, unless I recall incorrectly, you have the choice to
not
take the bullet for someone N0. Hypothesize that you're town. You know Porochaz is a pretty good player and someone you'd want to have around, assuming he's a Townie. From your perspective, he has a %73 or so chance of being Town, however, while you know you're %100 likely to be Town. You only have an effect if Porochaz is targeted to be killed. You are, in that situation, sacrificing a %100 certain Townie for someone with a lower chance at actually being Town N0 (albeit a player who's a useful Townie), when you have no info beyond the above. Maybe a bad choice.

But I agree with Mega that the circumstances are only such that

Cow is scum ---> something may possibly be up with Porochaz, no guarantees.

Just like Rishi is scum ---> DCF may be scum, no actual guarantees.

However, I've been thinking a little. Mostly about how useful the Cumulative Tracker role would be if it didn't already belong to dead scum. It's a pretty nice investigation tool to catch players in lies, which leads to scum found, etc. So - Gorrad can take over any role - etc. He could hold out until something with even more potential usefulness showed up, or theoretically he could choose to take over Cumulative Tracker earlier, i.e. now/Day 1. With a bit of arrangement, Rishi could even investigate him tonight (the logistics might want a little teasing out first, as I have only a pretty rough sketch in front of me) to confirm that he's Town etc. Step n, PROFIT? Thougts, things I stupidly haven't considered? Please mention them.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 4:26 pm

Post by Plum »

TonyMontana wrote:Ugh, sorry, I'm resorting to personal insults now...
Yes, yes you are, and you look darned scummy for it. The scumslip comment looks shady at best and an actual scumtell at worst. Your reactions make it look more like the latter.
TonyMontana wrote:
Porochaz wrote:agreed,
vote TM
and btw, my grammer will also take a hit as is prone when drunk. If it doesnt make sense I will repeat but it'll be my judgement call. If it does you'll just live with it or go into a screaming blubbering mess rocking in the corner.
Christ, what's your problem, is anybody arguing with you about something you wrote? Are you 13 and really proud that you post while drunk?
Unless you want to argue that what dan said made sense, how bout you stfu about it.
Emotional ad hominem attack on Poro for . . . saying he might post drunk and his language mechanics will suffer? As far as I know that's an occupational hazard with Porochaz. Anti-town maybe, but for him it's a nulltell (like Natirasha selfvoting and claiming SK). The argument about drunk posting wasn't strong and here TM has this sudden volatile reaction, and it seems too likely he's scum reacting to being called out on a slip.
TonyMontana wrote:I was making blatantly obvious satire of porochaz.
The fact that you were attempting a joke is obvious; the useage of the word 'scumslip', however, still pings my scumdar. It indicates, well, a scum POV.

Mod: could we have a votecount, pretty please with a cherry on top?
. I was going to vote TM as he's my best suspect so far, but I remembered we had a N0, checked, and realized it was only 6 to lynch. Not quite sure enough on TM yet that I'll hold back from voting him to L-1 right now (not to mention a premature hammer would prevent us from making optimal use of our day to plan anything which would be beneficial to plan).
HOS: TM
, however.
Gorrad wrote:Also,
FoS: DanChaoFan
. How about we lynch those that we think are scum, hmm? It's a possibility that everyone on your don't-lynch list is anti-town. So don't limit options due to role.
QFTrufax.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Plum »

Master Ruck wrote:Oh, no, actually, tony has a point. If porochaz's vote on tony automatically uses both votes, then tony is at L-1. If poro has to say double vote, then tony is at L-2. I've seen both cases been used in games, so I'm not sure which one is in action here. Can someone establish which doublevote rule we're playing by?
Pretty sure it's the former, if I recall the past votecounts correctly. And I'd forgotten Porochaz's double vote, so I'm now very glad that I didn't accidentally prematurely hammer TM last night thinking my vote would only put him at L-1.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Plum »

News: I missed the hammer etc. Granted it was on my best scum suspect a very few days before deadline, and I haven't had too many fresh new thoughts on all this, unfortunately.

Is there anything that needs doing before Night? It's occurred to me that if Hascow bodyguards Rishi we can be assured of getting another piece of info out of her even if she dies tonight, if she checks in and tells us her target before Night. Alternatively, DCF is practically confirmed town and hence also worth trying to keep around (DCF, is it possible for you to Jailkeep yourself? If so, that might be an option to consider for your night-target, if you haven't already).
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (isolation #12) » Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:20 am

Post by Plum »

Master Ruck wrote:That sounds fair. Then hadgfas after, then me, then you Malyss.
Isn't popcorn or random via dice feature considered preferable to predetermined order of action claims? Mega first, then he can popcorn to someone? Also, we need to ask Gorrad if he's taken over an ability etc.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:49 am

Post by Plum »

Master Ruck wrote:The fact that he turned up town should also prove he wasn't bad either, Gorrad. There's no seem about it.
If he
seemed
bad, he might have been a decent Vig target. The fact remains that off the top of my head I remember little about Fuzzy except that he was clever enough to watch for anyone trying to mess with Rishi's investigation-protections. Which is good, pro-town behavior. So I don't think Fuzzy was a very good Vig choice. However, a reread of Fuzzy and Mega might be in order. More later.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #14) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Yosarian2 wrote:Although; you wouldn't kill the watcher because of his role, but you'd kill the Jailkeeper? Really?
The mostly-confirmed-town Jailkeeper? Yeah, Gorrad, hm?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #15) » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:You know that when I take an ability, I can't use it until the next night, right?
Gorrad's Role PM wrote:You're moist! Oh, and your name is Moist, too. Being a career henchman, backing others up is really your thing. Once during the game, you may PM me the name of a decesased player. You will take on that player's ability for the remainder of the game.
Which I take to mean that if, say, you requested the Cumulative Tracker role by PM from the Mod before the end of Day 1, you would have been able to use it last night. Further, you needn't have told anyone that you took the ability until the next day. Correct me if I'm wrong here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:People's inactivity feels like a spork's being driven into my leg. Hilarious!

Mod: Prod Plum please
Ooops. Sorry about that, y'all. Just a shout out right now, telling you that I'm going to do a brief reread and hopefully come back with some useful analysis.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Plum »

Here I am. Notes and rambles as I go through stuffs.

Basically:

I still am not comfortable with Gorrad's claim that he didn't take a role because he was afraid he'd get NK'd - but more importantly, I think it's a bad sign that I understood more than he claimed to have from
his
Role PM. It just seems to reek of . . . something which might be feigned stupidity. On the other point:
Yosarian2 wrote:So, basically, Gorrad's actions there just make more sense from a scum point of view then from a town point of view. It's not a slam dunk; foolish as it is, I've seen some town make the mistake of being overly worried about the nightkill to the point where they didn't play as well as they could have been in order to avoid the kill; but that's just bad stratagy. Basically, it's a strike against Gorrad, no question.
I agree with Yosarian2.

If we lynch someone other than Gorrad, I support Gorrad taking the info role of his choice - I don't think him announcing it would help anyone but the scum - but, you know, please put some thought into it.

Yos has pointed out that we're at - hey aren't we at five on two? In that case, a mislynch would cause 4:2 going into Night and 3:2 assuming the scum NK isn't blocked. Another missed shot (Vig, Weak Doc death) would be scum auto-win. Thus it does seem pretty clear that attempting such should not be on our agenda for tonight.

I'm not entirely comfortable with Gorrad's vote on Porochaz. We're about a day off of LYLO. Gorrad says he's 'cynical enough' to believe we can't find a way to be sure of a good lynch today and therefore votes Porochaz to remove the Doublevoter as a harsh LYLO scumpower and to get rid of a 'useless lurker'. Personally I'd rather go beyond a lurker lynch. Scary power is, in fact, scary, though. As Yos, again, I agree that we shouldn't lynch him because of the Role by any means. He does have to step up to the plate and convince us he's fairly trustworthy.

Gorrad posts an amusing ditty. Flavor points but no townie points. Moving on, let's see if Porochaz posts something relevant. The case boils down to lurking, lack of contribution, active lurking, and posting while drunk, and the fact that he's too dangerous if he's scum. The first is a null-tell, the second two are quite moderate scumtells, the fourth is (correct me if I'm wrong) a nulltell for Poro at least, and the last one isn't so much as an attack but a statement based on assumption of Poro's guilt. Not quite as strong as the Gorrad case, especially considering the fact that as Yos, again, pointed out, Gorrad could gain that power and help the scum spedlynch tomorrow if he's scum and Poro is lynched - he's almost as dangerous as he claims Poro is.

Master Ruck mentions my Governor ability. I'd just like to clarify - I can either preemt a lynch before someone is lynched or cancel a lynch after the lynch number has been reached but before the lynch scene is posted, yes? In that case, how best to go about preventing a scum speedlynch if they have enough votes to do it? I have some thoughts but if there's something I'm missing here it's best to say? My ability is used up in the open anyway.

Oh, Gorrad claims he's taken the JK ability, so never mind on theoretically taking Poro's ability, if he's telling the truth . . . I'll have to think a bit longer on what to make of that. Unless you can explain whyit would be a bad idea to do so, Gorrad, will you please clarify when you took the JK ability and why, please? I found the post in which you claimed to have done so to be somewhat unclear. Thanks.

In conclusion: Gorrad is scummiest in my mind and quite frankly my preferred lynch. Deadline appears to be Saturday. Unless some stuff changes I'll probably prefer to be voting Gorrad. If I'm very lucky I'll get the time to do a brief reread on some players before deadline, too.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:19 pm

Post by Plum »

POROCHAZ!!! I see you too.

Still drunk?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #19) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Plum »

hasdgfas wrote:ugh, I really don't like that it's been two weeks since we had a mod post which could lead to a no lynch
Agreed.

If no-lynch is achieved and Porochaz lives through the Night, I'll do my utmost to use my ability to stall any quicklynch attempt by Porochaz.

I do not approve of any attempts to steer Yos' Vig-kill if we achieve a no-Lynch. He looks to me like a Townie with good judgement, and I'll be happiest if he Vigs whoever he thinks scummiest.
Master Ruck wrote:Now, here's something I don't fully understand. The case against Gorrad does seem to be based around him not picking up the tracker role at any time. Yes, there is a bit of controversy here, but it's still basically discussing his role and what he should have done. Then there's porochaz who, if scum, would basically end the game for us yet everyone is saying they don't want to lynch him based solely on his role. Why are we allowed to lynch Gorrad because of his role but not porochaz?
Porochaz hasn't yet done anything potentially shady with his role. Gorrad, on the other hand, seemed concerned about potentially getting NK'd if he took a role (is it even announced at all anyway? Apparently not) that he didn't do what would probably have been better for the town, and taken an open investigation power.

Never mind. Yos2 has beaten me to the punch. If you already have gotten the point, anyone, apologies.

It's only once you're in a game with Yos that you see
why
"I agree with Yosarian2" is such a major meme.
Yosarian2 wrote:And today, basically all he's done is defend Gorrad, in such a way that I wonder if he's scum who knows Gorrad is town and is trying to get town points for saying so.
This after the thing I quoted and argued above from Master Ruck and
Master Ruck wrote:Ok, yeah, I think I see that. Now Gorrad has publicly said he has taken the jailkeeper role. Does this not say anything of him? This subject seems to have been skipped in conversation so if this does say anything people have failed to mention it and almost disregarded it when continuing to call Gorrad the lynch of the day.
Instead of just soliciting responses, why don't you wow us with an argument that Gorad claiming to have taken the JK role says something about him that indicates he's less likely to be scum and therefore
not
worthy of a lynch? You tried to imply things without backing them up. As (sigh) Yos said, his JK-taken claim is a nulltell. It's coupled with past scumtells.

@Yos - I'm a girl.

Does anyone have a votecount of a clue as to when our Mod is going to show up and/or whether voting now, after deadline has theoretically hit, will do any good?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:47 pm

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Gorrad wrote:Yos, if you vig tonight, vig Porochaz. If your kill and mafia's go through, then we're at five tomorrow and Poro-scum can quicklynch.
wow is that scummy.

vote: Gorrad
Truth be told, I'd rather no night kill at all and Yos' change of heart is worrying. I just don't want it to screw us all over.
Yosarian2 wrote:we really don't really want to go into tommorow with 6 people and 2 scum.
Which we will if no-Lynch is achieved and scum kill but Yos doesn't. Do you disagree/have a counter-point?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:10 pm

Post by Plum »

Hello, friends -

Now it seems we have a guaranteed bit of time before deadline actually hits, so having seen Yos2's case against Master Ruck, I want to take a look at the guy:

Yos2 makes the point of Master Ruck's wishy-washyness on the subject of Tony - the rather useless 'this could be scumtell - but then again it's reasonable to expect it of anyone' multiple times. Importantly, he never
gives
a real opinion on Tony, even though he's obviously a very likely lynch . . . that does it. I've seen scum be quiet as lynches go once or twice too many times. Gorrad sorta beats that by at least taking a firm stance on the thing and having previously said he'd be away that weekend.
Master Ruck wrote:
Danchaofan wrote:we could always stick our watcher on rishi and confirm gorrad for cumulative tracker. From N0 events I'm willing to give +town points to both watcher and weak doc so have them confirm gorrad and we'll have effectively 3 town investigative roles.

Also given N0 events I think we say it's reasonably unlikely that me, rishi, fuzzy, has, and porochaz- it's bad for town to immediately discount the possibility as among the any of these groups could have taken a wifomic approach to their night actions.
Because of the potential usefulness of gorrad and our ability to control mega's kill I think they should also be taken off the lynch list.

That leaves us with a lynch list of plum, ruck, malyss, and tony...
Can you explain that middle part a bit better as I keep getting lost when trying to understand it. As for your 4 possible lynches, I would pick Tony as he is the one who gives town the least to lose. Granted, me, Plum, and malyss don't add all that much either in terms of our role but Tony adds nothing so he is the safe lynch. Though, that is if we want to go for a safe lynch on D1 or if we want to search a bit more for some scum tells.
Even quietly suggesting possibly going for a safe lynch Day 1 instead of maximizing scumhunting?

Vote: Master Ruck

So now it seems we have three players each at two votes.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:14 pm

Post by Plum »

Yosarian2 wrote:I think Gorrad does.

Either he just blocked the scum, or he just protected the guy the scum was about to kill, or he's the scum and he chose not to kill in order to make it look like he stopped the kill. Either way, he's the one I want to hear from.
I agree. Gorrad's up to bat (though yes, there is the remote possibility that Empking survived via the pseudo-ascetic role and that's where the scumkill went).
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:47 pm

Post by Plum »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Gorrad wrote:I'm still not ruling out A) You being scum
You should, if you were paying attention to what happened yesterday.
I agree (though that 'Most Cunning Manipulator' tag . . . :lol:). Beyond that, having read through discussion on the scenario we find ourselves in, lynching Porochaz, who appears likeliest to be scum based on Night Actions, and I'm perfectly fine with the odds we have should we lynch Porochaz now. If he's not scum, Gorrad probably is, and if neither are scum (unlikely) we still have one more lynch. I believe this will be the third vote on Porochaz - and with six alive it should be four to lynch.

Vote: Porochaz
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #437 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:38 am

Post by Plum »

Gorrad wrote:Anyone else getting really bad vibes from Empking?
Me. I want to do some sort of reread, but am short on time, so it's not happening right this minute.

I agree with Yos2 and Hascow that there's no WIFOM involved - scum-Yos2 could have easily not voted Ruck, helped lynch town-Gorrad, and the scum would've killed two townies, leaving 2:2, leading to a scum win. He did not do that and win, as he easily could have, and, as scum, should have, as if scum-Yos bussed Ruck as he must have if he
were
scum, as Hascow said there'd be plenty of ways for the game to screw him. Thus Yos2 is basically confirmed, for the same reason that anyone who posts in three-player LYLO a player at one vote and doesn't hammer isn't scum, as hammering a townie right there wins the game, no questions asked.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #460 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Plum »

Prodded. Sorry, my friennds.

Ugh. Empking, you wanted me to define WIFOM. In this contet, as in most Mafia contexts, I mean that train of thought which follows a pattern similar to this: 'Player X did action A, which indicates that he's not scum, because scum would be unlikely to do that. But wait - maybe Player X did A specifically in order that we would believe the first conclusion and he would look like unlikely scum'. In the case of Yos2, however . . . it's, like I said, like a player not hammering in LYLO when he has the opportuniy (and indicates that by posting without hammering). If the player were scum (assuming 2:1 three-player LYLO) he could hammer and instantly win, and there is literally no benefit in refraining from hammering immediately. Yos2's case is ever-so-slightly more tenuous, as the win wouldn't have been
instant
- but if he were scumbuddies with Ruck and he didn't make a case on Ruck etc. the win would have been almost certainly guaranteed, to the point where it's absolutely comparable with the above 2:1 LYLO situation I described above.

Gorrad absolutely could have gotten Gorrad lynched yesterday. Heck, I wasn't thinking much about Ruck and quite likely would've voted on the Gorrad wagon had he not made the case and gotten me looking at Ruck in the first place.

Unvote
. I've scanned the plan Yos2 and Gorrad have discussed, which is about as beneficient as current plan to lynch Gorrad, if I'm right, with the added bonus of being able to confirm that Gorrad's not lying about the role he chose. I don't see any new downsides but I do see an added bonus, which I'm perfectly willing to snag.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:05 am

Post by Plum »

Yosarian2 wrote:Plum: So, why did you unvote porochaz then? I'm a little confused by that...
Yeah, and that's because I was confused myself where my vote was :oops: - similarly, I said 'current plan to lynch Gorrad' in my last post, when the current proposal was and is to lynch Porochaz. Feel stupid about that.

Vote: Porochaz
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Post by Plum »

Sorry; I've been busy too, but I'm prodded and I'm high on a longish nap (I'll figure out how to avoid crashing tomorrow, I guess) and I owe stuff.

Hypothetically - variant on Gorrad's thoughts

Five left.
Today: Lynch Empking. If he's Town . . .

Four alive: Plum, Hascow, Gorrad, Yos2

Tonight: Scum No-Kills to get:
Tomorrow: Lynch Gorrad. If he's town . . .

Alive: Plum, Hascow, Yos2

That night: Yos gets a kill, scum get a kill. Yos has a 50% chance to win it for us.

The benefit with this, specifically, is that Emp's ability can't screw anything. This looks . . . decent from my point-of-view.

Having said that, comparison shopping re: Emp and Hascow:

Things I note with Hasow which may be useful to note:

- What he says about being sick, not sending in a choice, and probably that was good because he'd have probably protected Rishi sounds honest. Granted, there's personal gut at work there.

- Early push that Mega's lack of N0 Vig was scummy (at least he voted him for it) when it seemed, at least to me, that it has more to do with personal view of Mafia theory and wasn't any sort of indication that Mega was scum or town. Hascow does, later, say that calling it scummy meay have been harsh, and he didn't push the idea too extensively either.

- At the end of an analysis post, FOSes both Gorrad and Porochaz - I believe that both were under a certain amount of fire then, but doesn't vote either. Becomes clear that he prefers a Gorrad lynch, mostly.

I don't see that much either way.

Malyss/Emp:

- Malyss read fairly townie.

- Empking doesn't, especially the reluctance to acknowledge that Yos2 is practically confirmed town - obvious scum motivations for that.

Rescanning, however, I'm mostly struck by the fact that Gorrad is much, much more likely scum than thw two I mention here. Does anyone see any flaws in the plan put forth above which might allow him to slip through?

Sorry if I haven't been coherent or exceptionally illuminating . . . it does happen to be nearly 3:00 am out here.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (isolation #28) » Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:00 am

Post by Plum »

I'm V/LA until Sunday.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:05 pm

Post by Plum »

Vote: Empking

I still think Gorrad is more likely to be scum, but we have room to hedge our bets and we might as well do so. Yos, you're targeting Gorrad tonight, yeah?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #30) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:38 am

Post by Plum »

Empking wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Plum wrote:
Vote: Empking

I still think Gorrad is more likely to be scum, but we have room to hedge our bets and we might as well do so. Yos, you're targeting Gorrad tonight, yeah?
Yes.

Empking: Because you could be scum. I'm not really sure, you've generally havn't said much, but it's possible. From my point of view, there are 4 of you who could be scum, and using this plan, we lynch or vig 3 of you; those odds sound really good to me.
Apart from if you or your buddy is scum which is very likely.
Wait, does 'your buddy' refer to me, Emp? Bit curious.

Emp, again, the main reason I like this plan is that while Gorrad is still the most likely to be scum in my opinion, this plan gives us extra room by both ensuring Gorrad gets killed if he's scum and giving us the most Town-controlled kills we can get to cover as many bases as we can. As Yos said, the plan is an attempt at the optimal solution to bring down the possibility of a scum win here as far as we can.

Emp, do you have a case on Yos2 and/or his 'buddy'? You say that it's very likely one of the two is scum, so could you argue the point, please?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #31) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Plum »

Sweet. Good game, everyone. Gorrad, you just wanted a quick and painless end, yeah?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #511 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Plum »

Also - mith, thank you for stepping in to moderate when Glork disappeared.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”