Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:23 pm

Post by PerArdua »

Ectomancer wrote:
Skillit wrote:
vote: Sipylus
because its his birthday, hes from down under, and, again, because. thats why
What the hell is this? Random stage voting? We were out of that stage at my first post. :x

vote Skillit
Total BS. You don't get to just decide when RVS ends. If we say that the RVS ended when you posted then we never had one at all seeing as how you were the first one to post when the day begun.

If I join a game, make a vote and say it's not random I don't end RVS just by my say-so. I don't then get to attack everyone else for playing naturally with the assumption that there will be a random voting stage. Which is what you are doing.
"Watching his tale with the words he unfolds"
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #62 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:17 pm

Post by PerArdua »

I was referring to "We were out of that stage at my first post.' Sorry, I should have made that clearer
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by PerArdua »

You see, I define the end of RVS as when the majority of the town are actually making posts of content and true playing. When you say that your vote is not random you can't just assume that everyone else is going to hop on board with you. There are plenty of times that is said in joke random votes.

Thus, in this case, I see the RVS ending on the first post of page 2 because that marks the point where the town as a majority began to give actual reasons for votes. If it ended, as you say, when you posted why did you not call out Zer0ph34r or Beyond_Birthday for random voting in posts 19 and 23 respectively?

To be fair, you did also call out zwetschenwasser for his RV but I still see your premise as being invalid. I simply do not agree that RVS ends when only 1 player says it does.
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #73 (isolation #4) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Post by PerArdua »

springlullaby wrote:PerAdua, your assessment of Ectomancer's play so far please.
I'll do you one better, here are my thoughts on everyone thus far:

Granted it's a bit early to be doing this but here goes. Also, I play where every other player is a neutral party until proven otherwise. The number at the end of each sentence is where I feel they fall in my scum - town range, 50 being purely neutral. (1 being confirmed scum 100 being confirmed town.

Beyond_Birthday
- Active player with plenty to contribute. He doesn't just throw his vote around willy-nilly but rather posts with intelligence.

Ectomancer
- I personally dislike the playstyle of voting every which way in order to apply pressure. To be clear, I wouldn't choose it for my own playstyle. It is very helpful when someone else does it and then the rest of the town can gauge the reactions. He's slightly harsh but I have only seen 1 post of his that was not contributing to the game. I still disagree with his definition of end of RVS but I suppose it is indeed moot.

JereIC
- Can't really get a good read either way. Everything he's said and done can go either way.

Nuwen
- Has really only talked with Ecto in defense of his own vote. He explains his vote and admits it is no longer of use (as it was only to pressure an answer to a question that has been responded to) but he has not yet retracted his vote. This may just be an overlook on his part but when there's nothing else to go on for my opinion on him I see him at about a

Pablo Molinero
- Will be needing a prod soon. Nothing to base a read on.

Sipylus
- Voted to confirm and has not returned. After a quick post search he has been posting plenty in other places which tells me that he has been online and has chosen to to contribute to this game. I'm not digging that.

Skillet
- Also nothing to really base off of. I see his vote for Sipylus as him believing we were still random voting and because he hasn't been online since I get null tell on him. [Completely not game-related:I see he goes to WSU. Disgusting. (I live in the U-district of Seattle)]

springlullaby
- In re-reading his posts I initially got a slight scum vibe but his last few posts have moved him back into neutral territory. Specifically, he was originally harsh and gave no reason for his vote put me off but his responses have been more than satisfactory.

Zachrulez
- Not really much to say on him. Not enough posts to really rub me one way or the other. I disagree with Ecto's first contention because of the fact it was RVS and being familiar with someone is as good enough of a reason for a vote as any other in that stage.

Zer0ph34r
- He has posted plenty but has contributed absolutely nothing in his posts. No game talk, no questions, just chatter.

zwetschenwasser
- Again, nothing really to go off of. His responses to Ecto have satisfied me.

I realize this is totally unnecessary at this stage in the game, but seeing as I came in a bit late I figured I'd let everyone know exactly what I am thinking.

Out of everyone, I really don't like the fact that Sipylus has only posted to confirm in this thread but has had no problem remaining active in his other games. As such:
Vote: Sipylus

Get into this game.

Also,
to mod
and all, I will have no access this friday to sunday. I will be out in the mountains with my girlfriend and will return monday.
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #76 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:53 pm

Post by PerArdua »

I would agree that lurking = scum is overrated, but given the fact that Sipylus is fairly active in his other games (I'm not really certain on the rules for mentioning ongoing games, I've seen some people mention them and others completely ignore them) I think it's important to note that he is lurking here, but nowhere else.

As to an appropriate number, I think about 40% of the required votes to lynch is apt for pressuring lurkers. In this case 3 votes would be about the max for a lurker IMO.
PerArdua
PerArdua
Townie
PerArdua
Townie
Townie

Post Post #137 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:59 pm

Post by PerArdua »

My apologies to all for not keeping up with this after I returned from my trip. Monday morning at 4:30 am my girlfriend's house was rather bored with its look and decided for a new one. It caught fire, I had to move my girlfriend into my house for the time being and I have not really had time for mafia. With all the subsequent issues we still have to work out I'm afraid I can no longer commit to this game. Thus I am requesting replacement and hope one can be found quickly so that my situation doesn't slow down the game.

Good luck all!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”