Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:44 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

No reason really.

I was going to vote her anyway and then saw a couple votes already on her. I wasn't going to not vote her just because of 2 votes though, so I said what I said. There really isn't any other motive to it or anything.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:50 am

Post by dahill1 »

Kmd4390 wrote:No reason really.

I was going to vote her anyway and then saw a couple votes already on her. I wasn't going to not vote her just because of 2 votes though, so I said what I said. There really isn't any other motive to it or anything.
the problem isn't you voting for her
it's just weird that you said "btw this isn't a bandwagon vote". it seemed like you were trying to avoid getting voted
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:I could care less if I get voted in the random phase to start things off.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Zazie - LVIII - [Plum]
Caf - MMXII - [Zazie]
Sly - C - [Coheed]
Isacc - XIX - [imaginality]
Elvis - MMMMMMMMMLVII - [Sly]
Coheed - IL - [Elvis]
Coheed - MC -[Kmd]
PJ - DLV - [Glork]
Ross Perot - DCLXVI - [Glork, Darox, Mirth]

Not Voting - MIM - [Dahill, Isacc, Caf]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1

Dahill's V/LA is noted.
Everybody hold on to your pants
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by SlySly »

"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:40 pm

Post by SlySly »

I found an interesting article on lawn gnomes. I thought since no one in the game knows anything about them, I would share it.

Here is the url...

http://www.ezinearticles.com/?Lawn-Gnomes&id=1291325

Here are some things I learned there:

1. Lawn gnomes were created in 1800 and are still a staple in people's yards over 200 years later.
2. The whole idea of having these little treasures in your yard is to bring you good luck.
3. However, there is a bit of irony involved because folklore says that gnomes were little imps that would hamper any efforts you made to have a beautiful lawn or garden.
4. There is also this odd tradition that individuals steal the gnomes from a yard and take them to strange locations with them. When the gnome-nappers arrive at their destination, they will take photos of the gnome and send the photos to the owner.

My role PM mentions nothing about gnomes before anyone speculates as such. The gnome hunt so far has not seemed scummy to me, so what could be the harm in helping shed some light on the topic?

--------------------------------------------
caf19 wrote: As for what's in it for me, I'm not at liberty to say.
I can deal with inability to reveal certain role parameters.
caf19 wrote: And I still don't know what the lemonade does. There's stuff in my role that suggests the lemonade isn't dangerous, but I can't tell you any of that stuff either.
I can deal with the suggestion that lemonade isn't dangerous and your inability to discuss the exact PM specifcs that validate such an observation.
caf19 wrote: (worst role ever or what?) I know it might seem scummy to keep trying to make you buy lemonade, but unfortunately I'm gonna keep banging on about it until enough of you do.
What I find most interesting is that since making this statement, you haven't asked anyone to buy any lemonade. Is there a reason for your diminished enthusiasm about your position as lemonade salesman?
caf19 wrote:
Isacc wrote: I agree that we should wait til day 2 to see what happens to the lemonade drinker.
This will not be acceptable for me, unfortunately.
Does this mean that the lemonade is only a factor in day 1 and you will be able to clear up all confusion surrounding the lemonade in day 2?

---------------------------------------------

My laziness exceeds that of most and being expected to be a linguist or make use of a translator is far beyond the acceptable boundaries I would expect in a nice, (un)friendly game of mafia. Someone please translate and then give Mirth a swift kick if (s)he is the root of this.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by caf19 »

SlySly wrote:What I find most interesting is that since making this statement, you haven't asked anyone to buy any lemonade. Is there a reason for your diminished enthusiasm about your position as lemonade salesman?
No, apart from the crowd's general lack of enthusiasm to buy lemonade. I still want people to buy it, obv.
SlySly wrote:Does this mean that the lemonade is only a factor in day 1 and you will be able to clear up all confusion surrounding the lemonade in day 2?
That would be nice, but it is highly unlikely to be the case.

--
Kmd4390 wrote:No. It was a normal jokevote. I always vote her.
Correct me if I'm translating wrongly, but doesn't post 70...
Kmd4390 wrote:
ZazieR wrote:Lügen! Sie haben mich nie vorher gewählt, KMD! (denke ich…)
Vote KMD
<3 dich

(Ich bin so slecht auf Deutsch :()
Gibt es keine Lügen gibt. Ich war gespannt auf Abstimmung, bevor Sie das Spiel einmal begonnen.

(Du bist besser Deutsch als ich.)
...translate as:

Zazie: Lies! You've never voted for me before, KMD! (i think)
Kmd: There are no lies there. I was eager to vote before the game even started.

which would imply that you haven't always voted for Zazier, you just wanted to do so this game? Plz clear up whether this is a translation issue or something else, kthx.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sly, thanks for the info, but it doesn't exactly help.

Caf, if I don't jokevote her, it's because one of us is replacing into the game and the jokevote stage is over. Other than that, she's probably my top choice on MS for a jokevote.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Post by SlySly »

dahill1 wrote: it's just weird that you said "btw this isn't a bandwagon vote". it seemed like you were trying to avoid getting voted
It kind of struck me as funny too.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:09 am

Post by imaginality »

CoheedCambria09 wrote:First off:
Hulk
Human Torch
Aquaman
Batman

Next: I have no knowledge on any sort of gnome. But
i do know that my role is pretty sweet, all things considered.
Rereadink and zis caught eye. Vhy hint like zat. Zeems counter-productive if town, but could be uuuseful vay for deter offerz from votingk you, if scum.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 4:01 pm

Post by Darox »

Kmd4390 wrote:I could care less if I get voted in the random phase to start things off.
dahill1 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:No reason really.

the problem isn't you voting for her
it's just weird that you said "btw this isn't a bandwagon vote". it seemed like you were trying to avoid getting voted
So if kmd and a compulsive liar had a battle to see who could contradict each other more, I think kmd would win hands down.

If you didn't care about getting voted, why did you try to explain away your vote by saying it wasn't a bandwagon vote?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 5:58 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

It wasn't supposed to be any kind of explanation at all. It was just a statement attached to a jokevote.

Why would I care about being voted on Page 1?
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:00 pm

Post by Darox »

Why would you make a disclaimer about a vote page one?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Darox wrote:Why would you make a disclaimer about a vote page one?
Because my reasoning for the vote wasn't the bandwagon. It was just because I wanted to vote her.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:04 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

If I was just bandwagoning, I'd have said so. I wasn't, so I said I wasn't.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Plum »

To be quite frank, I realize that I'm going to have to get into this specific conversation sometime and have chosen sooner as opposed to later. I've also realized that I'll have to take some ort of side here, and, to be honest, I don't happen to see anything scummy with Kmd's Zazie vote or his explanation thereof.

That said, we seem to be slowly creeping out of the random vote stage, so I'm just going to
Unvote: Zazie
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:30 am

Post by dahill1 »

Kmd4390 wrote:I'd have said so. I wasn't, so I said I wasn't.
yes yes we get that..
but WHY?

that's like saying "I am a human being but I'm not a monkey, cow, or fish."
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:33 am

Post by dahill1 »

unvote vote kmd

not liking his response to this situation
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I've given the most explanation I possibly could. I was going to vote Zazie, saw some votes already there, and voted anyway. There is nothing behind the Zazie vote.

I do like the fact that we are actually discussing who could be scum now, and not just being random.
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:13 am

Post by dahill1 »

Kmd4390 wrote:I've given the most explanation I possibly could. I was going to vote Zazie, saw some votes already there, and voted anyway. There is nothing behind the Zazie vote.

I do like the fact that we are actually discussing who could be scum now, and not just being random.
confirm vote kmd
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:33 pm

Post by Isacc »

Like Plum, the length of this tiny squabble has made me realize I am going to be obligated to take some position or side, or at least provide commentary.

I think dahill is taking this out of hand. I wasn't particularly worried about the vote at all (it was in the random vote stage, who cared?). Dahill, you ask about a random vote, and then start getting suspicious when his explanation isn't to your liking? Duh his explanation isn't complex or anything more than "I just did," and why? Because it was the random voting phase.

Three posts ago, I wasn't really concerned and was just going to say "I didn't find it odd," but now dahill has
voted
over this? What the heck? There is no case being made, this vote is based on a person's explanation for a random vote?

Dahill,
FoS
for being, frankly, ridiculous.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by dahill1 »

Isacc wrote:Like Plum, the length of this tiny squabble has made me realize I am going to be obligated to take some position or side, or at least provide commentary.

I think dahill is taking this out of hand. I wasn't particularly worried about the vote at all (it was in the random vote stage, who cared?). Dahill, you ask about a random vote, and then start getting suspicious when his explanation isn't to your liking? Duh his explanation isn't complex or anything more than "I just did," and why? Because it was the random voting phase.

Three posts ago, I wasn't really concerned and was just going to say "I didn't find it odd," but now dahill has
voted
over this? What the heck? There is no case being made, this vote is based on a person's explanation for a random vote?
you're not reading it right

i'm not suspicious of kmd for voting zazie. again to everyone reading,
it's not because he voted for zazier
. however, his explanation of (this is an indirect quote) "btw it's not to bandwagon her" struck me as strange and unnecessary, and i find that scum would be much more likely to say something because of their mindset. please answer this: why would town feel the need to include saying that it wasn't to bandwagon?

also, this is off the topic, but:
Isacc wrote:(it was in the random vote stage, who cared?)
the random stage definitely matters. and if think that it's only purpose is to joke around, then you really need to think things over
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by caf19 »

dahill1 wrote:i'm not suspicious of kmd for voting zazie. again to everyone reading,
it's not because he voted for zazier
. however, his explanation of (this is an indirect quote) "btw it's not to bandwagon her" struck me as strange and unnecessary, and i find that scum would be much more likely to say something because of their mindset. please answer this: why would town feel the need to include saying that it wasn't to bandwagon?
I don't really see why town or scum would 'feel the need'. My take on the matter is that it goes down as a minor point against Kmd for being too apprehensive - but this is the sort of point that gets noted down and returned to later when necessary. It's not worth immediate voting and willingness to lynch, so I'm confused as to why you (and Darox) are treating it in this manner. More worrying still is your lack of reasoning to go with the confirm vote, as if it were obvious why he should be voted for. Sorry, but it isn't. Care to elaborate?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:14 pm

Post by Plum »

To be frank, I still do not find Kmd's statement scummy.
Kmd wrote:
Vote ZazieR
not as a bandwagon but because I like jokevoting her.
I honestly do not get any scumvibe off of that. You might, Dahill, but I don't. Might just be me, but I read that as 'Vote Zazie. RVS explanation: My own custom of voting her, though apparently there's an unrelated bandwagon on her as well, how fun'. I understand you're getting a scum-vibe off it.

Ah, Caf has gotten in a post while I had to go vacuum. Quoting Caf's above post for truth here.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Jan 18, 2009 3:22 pm

Post by Isacc »

Why would a town feel the need to say it wasn't a bandwagon? Well, a town wouldn't want an opportunistic scum to jump on them.

Why is it weird to you that a person explains their actions as they do them? How in the world does that make it scummy? I'm reading it totally right, and I maintain you have no case, your argument holds no water, and you're voting for nothing.

And yes, the random voting stage matters, but not for the reasons you're trying to say. The votes themselves will rarely ever provide any significance (they are RANDOM). The random stage is valuable in that it leads to non-randomness.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”