How strong could a SK be?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

How strong could a SK be?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu May 05, 2005 3:54 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

It is pretty universally decided that a SK is the hardest role to win with, so I was wondering, how strong could you make an SK and have the game still be balanced? Would you give the SK an additional one-shot day-kill along with his night-kills, or give him immunity from night kills, or looks innocent to investigations? Or perhaps two out of the three?

Of course if you made a super-SK, you would have to carefully balance both the town and the mafia to make it work, but I was just wondering what everyone thinks one would have to do in order for to make a modified SK that would actually have a chance of winning without completly breaking the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #25 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

SensFan wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
SensFan wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:Whahuh? Do Masons usually claim their partner outright in your world?
If they are being lynched, yes. Otherwise, the claim is useless...
protip: masons should breadcrumb their partners if they are confirmed.
And if they are being lynched, a claim of 'Mason' means nothing at all unless your partner speaks up.
Disagree. "I am a mason. I'll claim my partner if I have to, but I'd rather not", will often get a "Ok, don't claim your partner just yet", in most games I've seen, unless the person is looking absurldy 110% scummy. It's not like the person could get away with it forever, plus if they're lying they're risking getting counterclaimed by a real mason group.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #26 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:43 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I should also point out that, since I made this thread way back in 2005, my opinion has changed. I've won as a SK with no extra abilities since then, and I no longer think it's always necessary to "beef up" a SK in a mini game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #37 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:26 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

The Fonz wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:It is pretty universally decided that a SK is the hardest role to win with, so I was wondering, how strong could you make an SK and have the game still be balanced? Would you give the SK an additional one-shot day-kill along with his night-kills, or give him immunity from night kills, or looks innocent to investigations? Or perhaps two out of the three?
Do not make him both NK immune and investigation immune. It completely screws the mafia if he gets investigated. The additional one-shot daykill I like; it penalises town for claiming unnecessarily. Though I'd like it even more if it were a one-shot daykill that could only be used on lurkers. :D Or even a multishot daykill in the above fashion.
I agree with you.

I disagree with 2005 Yosarian2.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #74 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:21 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Alduskkel wrote:
Mr. Flay wrote:
charter wrote:Well, if I tried to kill, I lost my NK immune and investigation immune. Perhaps something similar for SKs?
I actually love this modification on the traditional NK-immune power. It's a little like holing up in your Safe Room, vs. walking around in a Bulletproof Vest that magically covers your head, neck, feet, and elbows as well.
I would never kill if those were the benefits to not killing.
Really? I would almost never hide just to make myself nightkill immune, unless I had reason to think the scum or the vig was about to kill me that night; the kill is just way too important to the SK's chances of winning.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”