How strong could a SK be?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:52 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yosarian2 wrote:It is pretty universally decided that a SK is the hardest role to win with, so I was wondering, how strong could you make an SK and have the game still be balanced? Would you give the SK an additional one-shot day-kill along with his night-kills, or give him immunity from night kills, or looks innocent to investigations? Or perhaps two out of the three?
Do not make him both NK immune and investigation immune. It completely screws the mafia if he gets investigated. The additional one-shot daykill I like; it penalises town for claiming unnecessarily. Though I'd like it even more if it were a one-shot daykill that could only be used on lurkers. :D Or even a multishot daykill in the above fashion.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #32 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:14 am

Post by The Fonz »

Just had a thought... I know everyone hates jesters, but what about a specific day jester? Who has to get himself lynched on a particular day (not the first). Seems to me there's skill there in surviving to that point.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

NK Immune means the player has to not get lynched, whilst the possibility of him getting investigated remains. I don't think it's overpowered per se. The benefit of it is that prisoner's dilemmas auto-resolve in the SK's favour. Obviously the larger the game is, the less useful the ability.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”