Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:01 am

Post by dahill1 »

@sly: i haven't reread yet but from what i remember
-meta defense
-foreign languages are scummy
and most recently you saying things such as "just bandwagon me to get it over with so you can hunt for real scum"
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:07 am

Post by SlySly »

dahill1 wrote:@sly: i haven't reread yet but from what i remember
-meta defense
-foreign languages are scummy
and most recently you saying things such as "just bandwagon me to get it over with so you can hunt for real scum"
Wow, such a strong case. You have convinced me that, contrary to my role pm, I must be scum. After this game will you sit with me and train me so I can become a supreme scum detector such as yourself in my future games?

You haven't convinced me you are scum yet but please do, sasquatch is hungry.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:23 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SlySly wrote: Wow, such a strong case. You have convinced me that, contrary to my role pm, I must be scum. After this game will you sit with me and train me so I can become a supreme scum detector such as yourself in my future games?
And an even better defense. :roll:
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:25 am

Post by SlySly »

TYTY

:bows:
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:39 am

Post by imaginality »

Yust a short post for now, am at work, vill post again later today.

One thought, only zemi-zerious musing - ve
could
call SlySly's bluff, no? If lynching him = no lynch, is not zo bad. Confirms Sly's claim. Okay, puts us on even nomberrs vhich is bad if means one less lynch, but vhat are chances of zis game proceeding in orderly one kill per night, one lynch per day anyhow?

Zere is one rrisk I see wif zis idea, vhich to guard against, if we do lynch SlySly maybe ve should tell a scum suspect to hammerrr. In case hammerrrerr is eaten by zazquatch or zomethink, yes?

Sidenote: dahill1, you zeem to haf given up your alien hont. Vas it yust a random-vote-stage thing? Or?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:58 am

Post by Glork »

Joo guyzh shood leench Sly today.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am

Post by Isacc »

Alright, well, I've made my defense against Has, who apparently doesn't believe the evidence before him because he feels it's fake. So, no point in belaboring the issue any longer, since I can make no defense.

Plus, this seems interesting. Destructor, you claim you don't have to speak in German? Explain post 142. Translates to, "If I could, I would." In response to being requested to speak in English.

I smell a lie, and your explanation seems more like backpedaling.
Vote: Destructor
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:58 am

Post by SlySly »

imaginality wrote: One thought, only zemi-zerious musing - ve
could
call SlySly's bluff, no? If lynching him = no lynch, is not zo bad. Confirms Sly's claim. Okay, puts us on even nomberrs vhich is bad if means one less lynch, but vhat are chances of zis game proceeding in orderly one kill per night, one lynch per day anyhow?
As long as the town searches for other scum before my lynch attempt, I am onboard with this plan. Although, finding scum to lynch would be a better plan, especially if we expose more than one.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:03 am

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote: I keep thinking how this is a Bastard Mod game and figure most mechanics and mod info will be red-herrings. I came in asking about the Lemonade because it sounded interesting, reminded me of BALCO and I thought maybe we'd learn something about the person selling it.
Maybe most of this stuff has been covered earlier.
Are you saying you haven't read the entire game? Not reading the game in its entirety
is
scummy.
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:11 am

Post by Darox »

SlySly wrote:
destructor wrote: I keep thinking how this is a Bastard Mod game and figure most mechanics and mod info will be red-herrings. I came in asking about the Lemonade because it sounded interesting, reminded me of BALCO and I thought maybe we'd learn something about the person selling it.
Maybe most of this stuff has been covered earlier.
Are you saying you haven't read the entire game? Not reading the game in its entirety
is
scummy.
What?
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:22 am

Post by imaginality »

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:27 am

Post by Isacc »

SlySly, question: What happens if we try to lynch you? Does the day end? Or does the lynch just fail and game continues?
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:28 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Des - 42 - [Cow, Plum, Isacc]
Sly - 42 - [Dahill, Elvis]
Kmd - 42 -[Darox]
Isacc - 42 - [Imaginality]
PJ - 42 - [Glork]
Jeep - 42 - [des]

Not Voting - 42 - [Caf, Sly, Kmd]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 1
Orange Juice Bought: 1
Hard Cider Bought: 1
Coat Racks Bought: 1

If Plum wishes to buy wine, she must show a valid ID certifying that she is in fact over 21. The mod does not supply alcohol to minors. At least when she is aware that they are minors. Besides, the mod does not advocate the drinking of wine as it is an inferior beverage.

SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by SlySly »

Isacc wrote:SlySly, question: What happens if we try to lynch you? Does the day end? Or does the lynch just fail and game continues?
I assume the day would end, but I don't know that for sure. I don't even know for sure that I won't die, but I have never been witness to a successful sasquatch hunt and for that reason, I suspect the lynch will not succeed.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:05 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Ok, so we can buy non-beverages. Pretty sure nothing outside of lemonade means anything though.

If lynching Sly wouldn't end the day, I'd see no reason not to do it. If it does, we should treat it like normal. If people think he's scummy, go ahead and vote him like you normally would.

Sly, you don't have any definite information about what happens if you are lynched?
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:10 pm

Post by SlySly »

Kmd4390 wrote: If lynching Sly wouldn't end the day, I'd see no reason not to do it.
We have no way of knowing if the day ends or not. I wouldn't call my assumption a confirmation.
Kmd4390 wrote: Sly, you don't have any definite information about what happens if you are lynched?
No, I don't.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:11 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

That's interesting...
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:41 pm

Post by Plum »

Mirth wrote:
If Plum wishes to buy wine, she must show a valid ID certifying that she is in fact over 21. The mod does not supply alcohol to minors. At least when she is aware that they are minors. Besides, the mod does not advocate the drinking of wine as it is an inferior beverage.
But it's for religious purposes (yes, there are legit religious reasons to give a teenager four glasses of wine over the course of three or four hours, especially if the alcohol content is modest)!

'cept I'm not your rabbi. So :P

Next post will contain actual analysis, but I kinda wanted to post this before slogging through everything (on the plus side, the pace really
has
picked up).
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:36 pm

Post by dahill1 »

where is everyone getting that lynching sly will end in nolynch?
unless i'm missing something that seems to have come out of nowhere
SlySly wrote:Are you saying you haven't read the entire game? Not reading the game in its entirety
is
scummy.
:roll:
there does seem to be a contradiction between zazier and des, but i'll look into that later
meanwhile kmd seems to be sliding along with pseudo-contentful posts that aren't really saying anything IMO
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Darox »

Which is more real, aliens or sasquatches?
dahill1
dahill1
bagel
dahill1
bagel
bagel

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:10 pm

Post by dahill1 »

imaginality wrote:Sidenote: dahill1, you zeem to haf given up your alien hont. Vas it yust a random-vote-stage thing? Or?
oh yeah forgot to answer this sorry
alien hunting is very much a part of my role don't get that wrong
but i was partially just messing around as my role PM is kinda vague as to whether i have a PR or not
i'm assuming i don't since i've gone this long without posting about aliens and nothing's happened
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:54 pm

Post by Plum »

Unvote: Destructor
. You've at least claimed that your PR isn't explicitly stringent, I suppose. Though
destructor wrote:Why is my English posting vote-worthy?
My role pm implies that
I may die if I don't make some posts in German.
Yeah, that's "may" die, not that I will. Maybe Mirth is lying... but I'm not really up for testing that one.
Do you mean 'may die if you don't post some German-language posts' or 'may die if my posts are not in German' - looking at your post you seem to imply the former; can you just confirm that for me? Also, what makes you feel comfortable taking these risks? Zazie, your predecessor, did seem to say that she
had
to post in German. Thoughts? Expound? I see Dahill has said that
dahill1 wrote:but i was partially just messing around as my role PM is kinda vague as to whether i have a PR or not
i'm assuming i don't since i've gone this long without posting about aliens and nothing's happened
So this doesn't look unique in this game.
SlySly wrote:
imaginality wrote: One thought, only zemi-zerious musing - ve
could
As long as the town searches for other scum before my lynch attempt, I am onboard with this plan. Although, finding scum to lynch would be a better plan, especially if we expose more than one.
Well, hell, if you're on board with this plan, who am I to refuse :P? Seriously, now, though. You're lying scum, you die. You're not, your claim is at least semi-confirmed (as I don't have any info now that would absolutely preclude you being sasquatch-scum) and we either go into night or continue. So, yes, I see some advantages, especially as I'm still not fully convinced you're town. I'll continue to look in new directions in the scumhunt (want to check some thoughts and vibes on Glork and Kmd, specifically), but I did promise to summarize how I saw the case last night, so, briefly:
SlySly wrote:I am now assuming that any post that is not in english is scummy.
Thus any subsequent non-English posts would be moderate legit scumtells in your opinion? Disregarding the fact that that's at least an anti-town stance to take (which it is, and easily potentially scummy as well)
SlySly wrote:Well, seeing how there are multiple players doing it, and I don't understand what any of them are saying, it is hard to narrow it down to one.

Post restriction is one thing, but Imaginality taunting me with it is another. I seriously doubt that there is a clause in his role that says he must immediately taunt anyone who calls the foreign languages scummy.
If you really considered them scumtells, you'd start by voting someone posting non-English posts; even if you were having some trouble narrowing it down it would be an appropriate jumping-off point. And calling out Imaginality for taunting you and not focusing on behavior you actually declared a scumtell doesn't mesh right with what you were trying to do. On the other hand, you agree later with someone (imaginality, perhaps? Excuse my laziness, please) saying that you're probably more frustrated than considering foreign posts to be true scumtells. First, if so, why did you not simply say straight out after you were questioned, that you were mostly frustrated? You also do say that while your stance is flexible, you
have
taken a stance, and that stance appears to be, yes, that you consider foreign language posting to be scummy.

Subsequent cases of what seem to be meta defense etc. Also, you advocate looking somewhere else, take up some new cases on players other than you. I agree that persuing other avenues in our current scumhunt would be beneficial, and, as stated above, plan to do so myself. But you don't seem to have a vote on anyone nor can I think of a case you're pushing off the top of my head. I'd be more comfortable if you, you know, did so.

All right, moving away from the proverbial back burner now :oops:.

Kmd: Er, how serious do you find the question of what we can buy through the mod? Dahill is accusing you of trying to coast through the game, and, to be frank, I've seen you do stuff that could be classified as at least close to such as scum. You do seem to be doing some of that here; to cite a more egregious example
Kmd4390 wrote:That's interesting...

This was the total content of your latest post. If you seriously found it interesting, wouldn't you have made a short comment on what about it you found interesting? It looks like you might be just trying to, well, look active while really not contributing much substance.
FOS: Kmd
. Occasional jokey post is a given, especially in this sort of game. Multiple posts without focus on the issues at hand? Potentially scummy. Say, who would you vote for now if you had to? I notice your vote's not on anyone at the moment.

Glork: It appears you can't vote anyone actually in the game. You've called multiple players 'obvscum' without giving too much explanation as to why. You've made some good points but failed to make too much difference in the scumhunt. Also, if you could vote a player actually in this game, who would it be?
HascgfsfCow wrote:Plus, I don't really feel that him letting go of his attack is a reason for my voting reasons to not be "sturdy".
You find it contrived? Not really my reading. Isacc attacked Dahill for what he saw as Dahill's attack (he thought Dahill was attacking Kmd because he was unsatisfied with Kmd's explanation for his random vote). Dahill voted. Isacc found this scummy. Dahill found it necessary to explain that
Dahill1 wrote:
you're not reading it right

i'm not suspicious of kmd for voting zazie. again to everyone reading,
it's not because he voted for zazier
. however, his explanation of (this is an indirect quote) "btw it's not to bandwagon her" struck me as strange and unnecessary, and i find that scum would be much more likely to say something because of their mindset. please answer this: why would town feel the need to include saying that it wasn't to bandwagon?
After Dahill posts this Isacc seems to disagree with some of his logic (and I didn't find that in and of itself troubling, as I didn't find Isacc's counter-logic as pointing to Isacc-scum). He doesn't officially rescind his FOS on Dahill, but meh, I don't care. You see it as contrived. I don't read it as pointing strongly enough to contrived-ness to make me any more than mildly intrigued.

Vote: Kmd
. Not huge suspicions, but you don't look great right now, I think you're a good new avenue for me to explore, and keeping things moving is generally a good idea.
caf19
caf19
Goon
caf19
Goon
Goon

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Post by caf19 »

destructor wrote:Why is my English posting vote-worthy?
My role pm implies that I
may
die if I don't make some posts in German. Yeah, that's "may" die, not that I will. Maybe Mirth is lying... but I'm not really up for testing that one.
It seems like you emphasised the wrong word here, and 'some' is more important. Zazie gave us the impression that
all
posts had to be German. This is a somewhat difficult discrepancy to reconcile, yet the fact that there has been no modly retribution seems to back you up a bit - do you think it was a case of Zazie interpreting the role PM differently?
destructor wrote:What happens if you tell us more?
Then I am in contravention of some rules set out in my role (namely, the rules that say I can't tell you what happens if I sell or don't sell the lemonade), and thus liable to have nasty things happen to me at Mirth's hands.

Moving on, I think it is more reasonable to assume that Sly is lynchable than not. The flavour-logic about a sasquatch not being able to be killed by a hunting party seems to apply as much to lynches as it does to NKs, and he obviously can't be immune to both, so I'd say a lynch will probably kill him.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by destructor »

Isacc wrote:Alright, well, I've made my defense against Has, who apparently doesn't believe the evidence before him because he feels it's fake. So, no point in belaboring the issue any longer, since I can make no defense.

Plus, this seems interesting. Destructor, you claim you don't have to speak in German? Explain post 142. Translates to, "If I could, I would." In response to being requested to speak in English.

I smell a lie, and your explanation seems more like backpedaling.
Vote: Destructor
I can answer for hasdfacow as wel. [Preview edit, answers for Plum too] I could see Zaz misinterpreting what Mirth wrote and thinking that speaking German was a PR. I can't imagine another reason for Zaz to have though she couldn't post in English.
Plum wrote:Do you mean 'may die if you don't post some German-language posts' or 'may die if my posts are not in German' - looking at your post you seem to imply the former; can you just confirm that for me? Also, what makes you feel comfortable taking these risks?
I used "post" as in write. The word Mirth used was more along the lines of "talk" but I was trying to avoid getting too close to the wording of my PM for modkill reasons.

About the "risk", there isn't one, so far as the info in my PM goes. There was a specific mention that posting in some German might be fundamental to staying alive.

Now would probably be a good time to say that I've only been revealing the parts of my PM that are relevant to what people have been asking me. There hasn't been a reason for me to say more, and that's exactly why I haven't.
Sly wrote:Are you saying you haven't read the entire game? Not reading the game in its entirety is scummy.
Not reading the game when it's obviously apparent that you
could
have, maybe. If you're suggesting that I should stop contributing until I find the time to read the whole game, then you should also be prepared to wait a number of days. I'm posting and reading while I can, which is more important to me and useful for the town than stopping and reading the entire game right now.

Also, I explicitly stated a number of times that I hadn't read the whole game, so I don't know why you said that like it was a surprise.

Also also, I did actually want you to respond to what I posted about you in my last post.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:55 pm

Post by SlySly »

destructor wrote:
Sly wrote:Are you saying you haven't read the entire game? Not reading the game in its entirety is scummy.
Not reading the game when it's obviously apparent that you
could
have, maybe. If you're suggesting that I should stop contributing until I find the time to read the whole game, then you should also be prepared to wait a number of days. I'm posting and reading while I can, which is more important to me and useful for the town than stopping and reading the entire game right now.
When I replace into a game, I read it in its entirety before I start contributing. I'm not suggesting you stop contributing, but I would think town would be more concerned with being informed. I can see how scum can just jump in and start posting uninformed, but not town.
destructor wrote: Also also, I did actually want you to respond to what I posted about you in my last post.
If you are referring to the following...
destructor wrote: Why did you think getting me to reveal something like this about my role was even slightly worthwhile? Isn't that pure fishing?
I just want to know if there is a reason for your bravery. A simple yes/no answer would be fine. I wasn't expecting you to reveal anything.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”