How strong could a SK be?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #13 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Hmm. How strong can you make an SK, you ask?

-XylBot- Evil Mastermind (sk; rare; 6+ players): You can recruit another player to be your minion. You and your minion form a team, and your minion can kill at night. You can't have more than one minion at a time. Actions: recruit
-XylBot- Evil Minion (unknown): You assist your evil mastermind by killing another player each night. Be careful, though: if your mastermind dies, you will die as well. Actions: kill

Stretching the definition of SK on that one, I think, since he gets a team. Let's try again...

-XylBot- Doublekiller (town; super-rare; 7+ players): You can kill two players at once. If you use your ability, you must choose two different targets. Actions: kill2

That might make the game a bit short. How about giving him some immunity...

-XylBot- Jackie Chan (town, sk; super-rare; 4+ players): You can kill another player each night. You are immune to all actions. Actions: kill

Oh! But there's a problem, he can still be lynched! So maybe this instead:

-XylBot- Blackguard (sk; super-rare; 7+ players): You kill other players. If you are lynched, you will return to life. Actions: kill

Balanced? You decide.

Edit: Oops! I almost forgot the most overpowered SK role in the bot. Believe it or not, I have actually seen this role lose a game once, but it took some effort.

-XylBot- Lich (sk; super-rare; 7+ players): You can kill a player each night. If you are killed, your soul will transfer to BUDDY1, and they will become a lich in your place. However, if they are already dead, your soul will be lost. Actions: kill

There's a more balanced version which is still a complete PITA to play against, and wins frequently:

-XylBot- Possesser (sk; super-rare; 4+ players): At night, you can possess another player. You will die, but your target will join your team and gain this ability. Actions: possess
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #20 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:56 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

PokerFace wrote:You forgot one XYL. Your bot made me this once.
Assassin Jester
(sk): You win if you are lynched. You are immune to kills. You kill other players at night. You also win when you are in the final two and there are no other killers.
Abilities: kill
The only way I could have lost was via SUPER KILL which does not count as a regular kill but as a kill that even destroys those nk imune. The mafia endgaming or voting me down would have resulted in me still wining. Having a role that is harmful to the town and can kill keeps the game going even when its just you and the mafia. The role is also called
Rogue Commando
or
Rogue Commando Jester
sometimes.
Stop making up roles. I'm quite certain the bot can't generate that. :)

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

That role would be evidence of a bug in the bot. The bot doesn't have bugs. :wink:

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:34 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Be careful with un-NKable SKs: it makes them much more dangerous to the town. An 8-3-1 mini can be reasonably balanced if the scum are likely to crosskill, but if the SK has kill immunity, it's too weighted against the town.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”