Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Open 116 - Don't Cut the Red Wire! - Over, before 743

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Bulletin: All Residents of Sicilian Apartments

As your landlord, I’ve gathered you today for a quite dire situation. It has come to my attention that two people in my apartments are trying to kill my tenants, and one is even trying to take over my building for the Mafia (the other is just a psychopath)! Anyway, I have too much work to try and find the killers among you, so I need you to find them yourselves. A majority vote on a tenant will evict said person. Good luck!
Your Landlord, SP

PS: Will that bomb defuser be careful? An explosion in the attic room would cause much noise to the neighbors...just
DON’T CUT THE
RED
WIRE.

Still Living Large

Empking
xofelf

Homeless (or Dead)

JDodge
Kmd4390
hohum
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
[i]Currently lurking about...
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

General Rules

Mod is God.
(except when I makes minor mistakes, then tell me)

No quoting the Mod besides posts I make in the game thread.

I will use
teal
as my mod text.
NEVER USE TEAL. EVER.

Don’t write in code or small text. You can breadcrumb, but literal codes aren’t cool. Plus, they are pretty damn obvious, scum.

Prods happen when either you request one or when I feel a player isn’t contributing enough (purely subjective). If a prod goes unresponded for 3 days without any indication of V/LA, I’ll find a replacement.

When voting,
bold
your vote AND unvote if you already have a vote. I will get a vote count on every page and/or on request. Keep track of your own FoSes. (example:
Unvote, Vote: SilverPhoenix
)

No talking when you are dead. This includes "bah" posts, talking in twilight before I get around to posting the death scene, talking after you're dead, talking about the game when you're dead outside of the thread before the game is over and so on. Other people can talk in twilight, just not the recently lynched.

No PMing other players about the game for ANY reason. All outside thread discussion are done in quicktopics I provide.

Play to win. Do anything that I feel excessively goes against this, and you will be punished.

Flavor is purely that. There is nothing to be seen or gained in flavor.

No personal attacks. It's a game, people. Also, have fun! :D

I make rules as I deem necessary. This list is not exhaustive by any means.

Punishments include modkill, blacklist, and possible autoloss. You are warned.

Game-Specific Rules

The game starts in Day.

All nightkills and lynches are mandatory. There will be no “No Lynches” or Happily Ever Afters in this game. This also means I will probably extend a deadline rather than lynch on less than a majority.

Nights last 96 hours (or so). If the SK and Mafioso don’t send in their kills by then, I will make a random kill, which may result in suicide.

Due to the nature of this setup, I’m going to set Day 1 for a long deadline. Four weeks, plus more if I think it’s necessary. This doesn’t mean that you can slack on posting though: be active or the deadline will be shifted up dramatically. Day 2 will probably have a 3 week deadline, but I imagine it will go very quick.

Nightkills happen
spontaneously
simultaneously. Therefore, a crosskill between the SK and Mafioso will result in both of their deaths. If both the SK and Mafioso target the bomb, all of them die. If the SK targets the Mafioso, the Mafioso ‘s NK still happens (and vice versa).

It is possible for two sides to both win, and it might be possible for everyone to lose, although I haven’t decided if the certain situation that could happen would result in that (the SK and Mafioso going into Night 2 alone).
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:21 pm

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Role PMs

Protown

Townie Role PM wrote:You are a
Vanilla Townie
. You were never really special. At least that’s what your drunk mom said. You always dreamed of being a superhero with powers, but you just aren’t special.
Info
:
You have imaginary powers
You have no powers other than your vote. You win when both killers are dead.
Bulletproof Townie Role PM wrote:You are a
One-Shot Bulletproof Townie.
You retired from the rent-a-cop security industry a while ago. With the bad news brought by the landlord, you decide to wear your old bulletproof vest to sleep, just in case. Too bad it’s old (like you).
Info
: You can prevent one nightkill attempt on you. Multiple NK attempts either in the same night or in different nights result in your death. You win when both killers are dead.
Bomb Role PM wrote:You are a
Bomb
. Not really, but you defuse bombs at night in your apartment. Weird, I know, but it pays the bills. Unfortunately, defusing bombs requires your full concentration. Any distractions, such as someone trying to kill you, and you might accidentally cut that red wire…
Info
: Any nightkill attempt on you will result in the deaths of both the killer and yourself. You win when both killers are dead.
Antitown

Mafioso Role PM wrote:You are a
Mafioso
. The Family owns all the apartments in the area. All except this one. The Boss sent you in hopes you can… “convince” the landlord to “give up” the deeds to the place. Killing everyone in the complex sounds like a good way to “persuade” him. Don’t disappoint.
Info
: During night, PM me a name to attempt a nightkill. You
must
absolutely kill each night. Failure to do so will result in a random kill (in which you can kill yourself). You win when everyone else is dead.
SK Role PM wrote:You are a
Serial Killer
. Psychopathic. Schizophrenic. Psychotic. Looney. You want to kill everyone EVER. Unfortunately, the landlord found out about you and is taking action! You can’t kill without a home! The other tenants will pay more than their rent this month…
Info
: During night, PM me a name to attempt a nightkill. You
must
absolutely kill each night. Failure to do so will result in a random kill (in which you can kill yourself). You win when everyone else is dead.
I'm going to send the role pms now. Confirm through PM please.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:31 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Everyone is confirmed. Day 1 begins....

It's eviction time!

Vote Count 0

JDodge: 0
Kmd4390: 0
hohum: 0
Empking: 0
xofelf : 0
It takes 3 votes to lynch
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:01 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

I smell the pink eviction papers.....I also have rent control on speed dial....rent needs to be more than $0.34 per month....
Vote Count 1

Kmd4390: 2 (JDodge, Kmd4390)
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:10 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Final Day 1 Vote Count

Kmd4390: 3 (JDodge, Kmd4390, hohum)

Geez, you guys are fast. Well, the more power to ya. I guess it is 3 o'clock, that sounds like a day to my lazy ass. Let's see the evicted's file.....H....I....J.....K.....Ki......Kl.....Kmd4390! There! Evicted and done! Looking at his contract, his occupation was
superhero
Vanilla Townie
. Oh well.
Anyway, it's now Night 1. Beware, the killers are afoot!
Your landlord, SP
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #6) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Attention Residents!Sorry about last night....that damn bomb defuser. I should have never let him in! That darn JDodge "accidentally" blew up his
Bomb
when that wacko
Serial Killer
hohum tried to kill him! I had to wake everyone at 3 in the morning, call the fire department....I'm tired as hell, my apartment is in ruin. I have no insurance, so I guess I should hand off my deeds to the Mafioso...

Night 1 Results

JDodge -=- Dead by Gunshot
hohum -=- Dead by Bomb Explosion

Game Results

Because there are only two people left, I'm forced to do a draw between the Town and the Mafioso because one cannot lynch the other (lynches require >50%).

Winners

xofelf (alive), JDodge and Kmd4390 (dead) -=- Town (wins because xofelf is alive)
Empking (alive) -=- Mafioso (wins because he targetted hohum and therefore is alive)

Loser

hohum (dead) -=- SK (loses because he is dead)

ITT, we learn broken setups are broken (and that setup authors can easily find brokenness :wink:). I would change the setup by adding variable roles (as in there is a 50% chance of a bomb) and by having either a survivor or jester. There needs to be a town-ish character that the town can't afford to lynch, like the vanilla in this game. It would be good if the setup still had a small amount of people though. Any thoughts on how it should change?

Also, I'm willing to basically restart this game with different roles if you want. This is my first time modding, and I could use the extra experience. :)
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:43 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

Empking wrote:Uh

No Lynch
Nk - Doesn't work
No Lynch
Nk - Works

Mafia remains. Mafia wins.
Game-Specific Rules wrote: All nightkills and
lynches
are mandatory.
Basically, the setup was broken so that if the townie died first, one of the killers would die N1 either by the bomb or by one killing the other. Now that I think about it, I would add more vanillas too....
Last edited by SilverPhoenix on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #52 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:54 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

xofelf wrote:yeah...someone might want to fix the setup....
Like I said, a pretty broken setup that the author (JDodge) realized there was a hole in. I want his opinion on how to proceed....
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:17 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

JDodge wrote:Sorry for wasting your time folks, but this entire game was to prove that it is possible to create an intriguing setup with a fatal flaw that can be easily exploited by anyone paying attention, and then push it through the open game queue without anyone noticing as proof that the open game system is flawed in that it does not check for setup brokenness. There is no way to actually salvage this setup without bastardizing the concept behind it.
<_<

I only chose it because people nominated
several times
in the Open Game Nomination thread. Next time, mod the game yourself to prove a point.

Note that I did have queasy feelings about how the game would end, and especially why the author of a setup join his game. I guess I should have known better, but me getting hoodwinked by this setup really just points to my noobness as a mod as much as it is the open game system (in which most mods are first-time mods).
[/i]
SilverPhoenix
SilverPhoenix
Goon
SilverPhoenix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:36 am

Post by SilverPhoenix »

farside22 wrote:So I thought about it and this set up needs 2 vanilla townies instead of 1.
Any thoughts?
I have one question: Does this count as a modded game in terms of experience? :?
[/i]

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”