Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 am

Post by Phate »

*hugs Xtoxm*

!vote kevy

obvscum. lynchlynchgo.
I will fuck up your name and gender. Deal with it.

PM me to replace into Infection Mafia, a semi-open Mini Theme.
Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:02 am

Post by Phate »

for the record

I plan to play on this game like I normally do in IRC

*grin*

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:30 am

Post by Phate »

We need a massclaim.

Trust me on this.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #3) » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Phate »

good. Zwet, choose someone to go next. We'll popcorn claim.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:45 am

Post by Phate »

None of you understand IRC mafia.

1) Nothing you're talking about matters. No, not even that.

2) IRC mafia is played at night. Until there are less than six players, the day is almost just a distraction. The night is the most important element of IRC mafia.

I'm going to leave you guys a little primer because I suspect I'll be killed early.

The most important thing right now is to get a good estimate for the number of kills at night. The best plan is to nolynch. If you try to lynch, you will just lynch a townie, and that townie will likely be a town powerrole. Even more likely, you will wagon a player up to L-3 or so and he will claim a town powerrole and then you will all switch to a different target and he will claim another and you will back down again and etc.

I don't expect to get enough support for a nolynch to be able to pull it off, and if I don't I intend to more-or-less active-lurk
(cue: OMG LYNCHPHATE)
until you've decided on a townie to lynch.

In the morning, there will be kills. The number of kills will give you a feel for how many killing roles there are. At least one will be the mafia (two mafias are severely unlikely), and there will probably be 1-2 more (I'd guess mafia+sk+vig+possibly another vig). It won't be exact because of protective/blocking roles, but it will be approximate. Calculate based on the number of kills whether you lose an extra day if you mislynch compared to a nolynch. If you do, massclaim. If you don't, nolynch.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #239 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by Phate »

[quote="KaleiÃ

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #6) » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:52 pm

Post by Phate »

!vote uroe

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:33 am

Post by Phate »

Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (isolation #8) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:12 am

Post by Phate »

Tanarin wrote:
Phate wrote:Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.

This is the second day in a row you have asked for a MC and it seems as if most of your content is about how we need to MC. Normally on IRC you never ask for one this early in the game. Something isn't right here.

!Vote Phate
The difference between IRC and here is that here we have lots lots more people
so unlike IRC where we mostly just play 'I believe this claim but not that one', in this game we probably have the opportunity to clear people. I absolutelycompletely believe we should claim tomorrow at the latest.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #387 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:28 am

Post by Phate »

Vir4030 wrote:Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.
I'm going to say this in as simple a way as I can manage.

Massclaims... break... IRC setups.

The greater the concentration of powerroles, the more important information becomes for town and the less important it becomes for scum. In a game with 8 townies, a cop, and three scum, it's stupid to massclaim. Throw in a doc and a mafia roleblocker and it becomes a little better to massclaim. Throw in a vig and make the gf kill-immune and it becomes still better, and so on. IRC games are at the very top of this spectrum (right under Tar's Mind Screw games).

So sure, massclaiming benefits scum. It benefits everyone in the game.
But it benefits town more.

Vir4030 wrote:In IRC, it is very common to scumhunt and lynch based on pure scumhunting until LYLO, and then mass claim and try to break the game. Because of all the power roles, this works. I don't know how many of you are aware of this, but Phate knows it, and he's jerking us around. I think Phate should explain why he wants to mass claim.
No, you've missed the point, and it's a point I've always tried to prove in IRC games and you guys almost always miss the point. The point is not to wait until lylo. By lylo, much of the claim's advantage is gone. The point is to massclaim early (ideally on D2, in IRC; in forum games, I think it's more like D3), and to massclaim on a day when nolynching would not lose a lynch. For example, assuming one scumgroup and no other killers, lynching with 4 players would be stupid. It's a much better play to nolynch and let the scumgroup kill down to three players before the lynch starts. This is due in large part to the fast-paced nature of IRC, which doesn't allow for lengthy cases or post analysis.

Also, (and I've always found this kind of obvious, but some of you don't seem to) you should almost always lynch after a massclaim, and you should almost always extract a claim before a lynch.
Vir4030 wrote:Kevy, Tanarin, and Phate are three of the most-experienced IRC players in our town. They have each played over 1,000 games. Do not underestimate any of these guys.
The difference between Tanarin and Kevy, though, is that Tanarin's good. Kevy's not in the same league; he's back in the second tier with you and Wulfy and the like.
Vir4030 wrote:Before we get too many votes going here, I want to comment about claiming at L-1. If we're going to do that, I think it's important that the person getting lynched doesn't claim until at L-1 and
told to claim by someone not voting
. Make sure that the lynching vote is there before you claim, and don't do it if you don't have to.
I have no problem with this.

Phate
Phate
Mafia Scum
Phate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by Phate »

Tanarin wrote:
Phate wrote:
Tanarin wrote:
Phate wrote:Nononono. This is where we massclaim, else we have a repeat of yesterday.

This is the second day in a row you have asked for a MC and it seems as if most of your content is about how we need to MC. Normally on IRC you never ask for one this early in the game. Something isn't right here.

!Vote Phate
The difference between IRC and here is that here we have lots lots more people
so unlike IRC where we mostly just play 'I believe this claim but not that one', in this game we probably have the opportunity to clear people. I absolutelycompletely believe we should claim tomorrow at the latest.
Cleaing people is all fine and dandy, but do you really want to give out all the power roles to scum so early? I mean dds are we have at least another protection role, plus cops. and that is just the bare basic of the power roles we probably have in this setup. The simple fat that we have had only one kill thus far means we have either had Docs/RBs getting lucky on protects or we only have one scum group. I rather we keep the docs protected by means of secrecy for now.
Phate wrote:
Vir4030 wrote:Mass claiming is bad for town. It gives scum the layout of the players and lets them know who to target. This game is loaded with power roles, so night is like one of those "Black Box" games. Kills and protects are flying around, they're getting redirected and copied, or not. This is a "wacky" setup, so there are lots of possibilities. The more scum knows about what roles exist, the more they can kill who they want and manipulate the town.
I'm going to say this in as simple a way as I can manage.

Massclaims... break... IRC setups.

The greater the concentration of powerroles, the more important information becomes for town and the less important it becomes for scum. In a game with 8 townies, a cop, and three scum, it's stupid to massclaim. Throw in a doc and a mafia roleblocker and it becomes a little better to massclaim. Throw in a vig and make the gf kill-immune and it becomes still better, and so on. IRC games are at the very top of this spectrum (right under Tar's Mind Screw games).

So sure, massclaiming benefits scum. It benefits everyone in the game. But
it benefits town more

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”