Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Sly - mango - [cow, Darox, des, Isacc, imaginality]
Kmd - tunafish - [Dahill]
Isacc - bongo drum - [Kmd]
cow - sock - [elvis]
des - sandcastle - [sly]
elvis - kiwi - [Plum]
PJ - pepperspray - [Glork]

Not Voting - catsuit - [Caf]

Cups of Lemonade Bought: 2

Deadline reminder: Monday, Feb 16, 11:59 PM EST
Last edited by Mirth on Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:50 pm

Post by Plum »

Isacc wrote:@Plum: Glork's last post, fourth paragraph (single lines count as paragraphs). It's the parenthetical part. He says EK and Kmd are "obvtownzh".
Thanks, sorry, my mistake. Now that I see that, I will say that I disagree strongly with that - and considering where I'm at with my suspicions of EK, I'll take the liberty to
FOS: Glork
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Glork »

Izaak, are Glork/KMD/EK really joor top sospekts? Vy is zis? And vy are joo still voting for Sly?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:13 pm

Post by Isacc »

In your words, "obvschomz."

Good point though,
unvote

Vote: Elvis_Knits
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:38 pm

Post by Glork »

Konsiderink I kolled joo protownzh, too, are joo olso my scomzhboddee?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:15 pm

Post by Isacc »

Protown =/= obvtown.
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:00 am

Post by Glork »

Wrong. "Obvtown" is hyperbolee. Zey are ze same ting.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:02 am

Post by imaginality »

Unvote; Vote Darox

Flagrrrant leck off scom-hunting for most zis game. Not even has provide any uzevol votingk rrecord to look back on.

Haf ozzer point to make but on my vay to vork so keepingk thees post short end sweat, yes?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:12 pm

Post by Darox »

I'm still here for real guys.

I'll throw down an overview soon. And by soon I mean when it gets done.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Post by imaginality »

Ma-ia hii
Ma-ia huu
Ma-ia hoo
Ma-ia haha
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:14 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Darox wrote:I'm still here for real guys.

I'll throw down an overview soon. And by soon I mean when it gets done.
I can't think of a single thing you've done this game except for a bandwagon vote on kmd with no explanation.

unvote; vote darox
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:36 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Dear Other Players,

It looks like Sly is not going to die today. We have to lynch someone else. Please come back.

xoxo,
elvis
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Can I suggest Isacc?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:00 am

Post by Plum »

elvis_knits wrote:Dear Other Players,

It looks like Sly is not going to die today. We have to lynch someone else. Please come back.

xoxo,
elvis
Yeah. And deadline is Monday, unless I'm mistaken. Right now I have my vote on Elvis, who I think would be a decent choice to lynch at this point. If that doesn't start happening, there are others I'd be fine with, especially if the alternative is a no-lynch. I'm at school, so details on my opinions to follow.

Though Kmd, I have time to say that there are probably others I'd rather lynch than Isacc if the Elvis wagon doesn't hit a stride soon, but I'd have to at least skim Glork's and Darox's (off the top of my head, players who might be decent lynches) posts in isolation before I give a preliminary thumbs up.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:47 am

Post by Glork »

Kmd4390 wrote:Can I suggest Isacc?
I think Izaak is komplete moron, but not malizhoss.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:48 am

Post by Glork »

Plom: Izh your sospizhon of me bazhed on my belief zat EK is protownzh?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:09 am

Post by hasdgfas »

Plum wrote:
Isacc wrote:@Plum: Glork's last post, fourth paragraph (single lines count as paragraphs). It's the parenthetical part. He says EK and Kmd are "obvtownzh".
Thanks, sorry, my mistake. Now that I see that, I will say that I disagree strongly with that - and considering where I'm at with my suspicions of EK, I'll take the liberty to
So you're FoSing someone because you disagree on how scummy you find people? That doesn't make sense to me.

Also,
unvote
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:23 pm

Post by destructor »

Glork wrote:Joo are still on ze top of my lizht due to joor ridikulos "claim now or else joo are uselezh" approach to my role. I believe zat protown playerzh (soch azh kmd who is obvtownzh, EK who is obvtownzh) vood be villing to vait and see vot my in-game kontribuzhon and vot ozer informazhon zey kood get on me before jomping to knonklozhonzh. I voodn't koll vot joo are doing "roll fizhink" Dezh, becozh it is not sobtol at oll, but I cannot believe zat joo vood normally, villingly put so moch veight on zis.
It's not ridiculous. Elvis even said she'd played in games where voteless players were lynched on account of them being a problem for the town.

The cruncher here is that your play hasn't been incredibly helpful. Right when I first started bringing this up I specifically said that you'd be useless unless you scum-hunted, but you'd hardly been doing any. By virtue of this, you're marginally more likely to be scum, which is made even more likely because you haven't done anything that makes you look town either.

You don't look or feel like town, and that feeling won't change until you make a decent case on someone. What you've got on me basically amounts to OMGUS and is obviously a result of you either not reading what I've said carefully enough or ignoring parts of it altogether. Again, more of your play that makes you less likely to be town.

I still don't see how you can be calling Plum scummier than Darox given what they've been posting. Darox has been lurky and opportunistic. Plum has been in depth and active. To only give Darox "lip service" without doing anything to ensure that your "uneasy" feeling is resolved is plainly suspicious.

Mirth wrote:
Des, did you get a sex change or something?
Lol, nope. It's fun seeing myself being referred to as a woman though.
imaginality wrote:
Unvote; Vote Darox

Flagrrrant leck off scom-hunting for most zis game. Not even has provide any uzevol votingk rrecord to look back on.

Haf ozzer point to make but on my vay to vork so keepingk thees post short end sweat, yes?
Note that this comes in place of a response to the mini-case I posted on imaginality and said that I'd like to lynch Darox.

Now I'm trying to figure out if he's bussing Darox, or if Darox's town play sucks and imaginality's jumping on an easy mislynch.

Unvote
Vote: Darox

What's everyone's take on this:
me, 622 wrote:Starts from 167, after dahill pointed out the weak reasoning for his FOS on caf. He says that the "death cult" wasn't his main reason. He goes on to dissect one of caf's posts and say that his issues with that were the real reasons for his FOS, but why didn't he state those in the first place? Look at the way he over-analyses the post, commenting on parts of it that have no relevance to his actual argument. It makes the whole thing look like a big backtrack done on the fly.
And the rest of what I posted on him from that post?
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Post by destructor »

EBWOP
That last quote was about imaginality.

I'm starting to think he's a better lynch... =/
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:55 pm

Post by Glork »

hasdgfas wrote:
Plum wrote:
So you're FoSing someone because you disagree on how scummy you find people? That doesn't make sense to me.
Zat'zh exaktlee vot I am kveczonink. I vont to know if Plom typikolly sospektzh people bazhed on differenzh in opinionzh.
Dezh wrote:Elvis even said she'd played in games where voteless players were lynched on account of them being a problem for the town.
Zis is true, bot she obviouzhly doezhn't believe zat it is unekvivikolly right to leench voteless playerzh, vich is vot you are soggezhting. Vot EK said and vot joo vont to do are
kompletely, 100% different
. "Vait and zee" is ze right vay to approach it. Leenching people in ze manner joo soggezht is jost terrible.
Dezh wrote:Right when I first started bringing this up I specifically said that you'd be useless unless you scum-hunted, but you'd hardly been doing any.
In my defenzh, I vos off-site for nearly a veek vith jozh enough time to pozht zis in SPQR and zis in zis game. I didn't pozht between Jan 27 and Feb 05 ozervize. So yezh, I didn't pozht moch, but it haz nothink to do vith alignment.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:15 pm

Post by imaginality »

destructor wrote:
imaginality wrote: Unvote; Vote Darox

Note that this comes in place of a response to the mini-case I posted on imaginality and said that I'd like to lynch Darox.

Now I'm trying to figure out if he's bussing Darox, or if Darox's town play sucks and imaginality's jumping on an easy mislynch.
Third option: Am not scum at all.

'in place of a response' - not replace. Vas more interestink in to try to figure out who scum is razzer zan onzer vhat I considered veak case on me. Zinz you inzist, zough:
destructor wrote:Bad vibes on imaginality:
Starts from 167, after dahill pointed out the weak reasoning for his FOS on caf. He says that the "death cult" wasn't his main reason. He goes on to dissect one of caf's posts and say that his issues with that were the real reasons for his FOS, but why didn't he state those in the first place? Look at the way he over-analyses the post, commenting on parts of it that have no relevance to his actual argument. It makes the whole thing look like a big backtrack done on the fly.

His case on kmd seemed reachy. I particularly didn't like this:
imaginality wrote:Together, in absence of anythingk elz much, I am finding Kmd4390 slightly scummy which is more than most others.
In the absece of anything else? Why isn't he worried about Coheed's lurking? Or Darox's meagre contributions?

His jab at Sly for his "you (townies)" comment was reachy too. His recent comments about Isaac being scummy seem similarly opportunistic.
1. Vhat I zed vhen I FoS caf vas:
imaginality wrote:I vondering, lemonade, eef maybe could be Kool Aid cult zuizide drink. I no trust caf19. FoS
I said reason for FoS, that I not trust caf. Death cult yust a possibility I raise as exomple of vhy lemonade could be bad if caf is bad. my later post (166) I zpell out reasons vhy I not trust caf. (Note phrasink in zat post, "Did not zpell out my reasons." - not givingk different reasons for FoS, yust explaining vhy I not trust caf.) 166 is not defensive/backtrackingk, 166 is explainingk. Vas not makingk case to vote caf (my vote vas still on Isacc), yust to explain vhy I not buy lemonade and not think it good to buy lemonade.

2. "Why isn't he worried about..." Not whole lot of point voting lurkers until zey return (showing they lurking were), I not rrreally like to vote people who may yust haf flaked (as it turned out CoheedCambria did). I vas findingk it hard to get good reads on people in ziz game (still am somevhat, ezpezially elvis and Kmd). As for Darox, lack of contribution at zat time vas not so vorrying, it vas not so long zinz rrrandom stage. By now iss more scummy.

3. Re. Sly's comment: I accept it vas a stretch and I vas tunnel on him zomvhat for the vhile. But I do not seeing vhy that is a concern. If scum, I vould know Sly was not scum, so I vould know he is likely truth-telling wif unlynchable claim, so vhy stretch to get him lynched?

I admit haf not found today easy-scumhunting, but I zink my posts show I actively involved and trying. Other players, most ozzer players, I can to see their day1 posts vill provide value vhen looking back in later days. But Darox's posts provide I think little content, little value. I zink term "active lurker" may be apprrroprrriate yes?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:40 pm

Post by Plum »

Glork wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:
Plum wrote:
Zat'zh exaktlee vot I am kveczonink. I vont to know if Plom typikolly sospektzh people bazhed on differenzh in opinionzh.
Moderate suspicions based, among other things, on calling EK (and, to a lesser degree, Kmd) obvtown with relative lack of explanation, especially as EK is where I have my vote right now. However
Glork wrote:Wrong. "Obvtown" is hyperbolee. Zey are ze same ting.

I can deal with that; it's just not my usual way of expressing relative lack of suspicion. If you meant "looks pro-town" when you said "obvtown", I'm more comfortable with the amount of reasoning provided. After a quick rescan of both, I've determined that Darox would be a lynch I'd prefer over a Glork lynch today (considerable sense I'm getting that he has, at times, actively lurked/provided little content). EK is someone I'd be fine seeing lynched. Des keeps mentioning Imaginality . . . but I haven't yet put together a decent reread of the guy.
imaginality wrote:3. Re. Sly's comment: I accept it vas a stretch and I vas tunnel on him zomvhat for the vhile. But I do not seeing vhy that is a concern. If scum, I vould know Sly was not scum, so I vould know he is likely truth-telling wif unlynchable claim, so vhy stretch to get him lynched?
Or you and Sly could be scum together. Much of the defense you present in this instance is WIFOM. There are other reasons, too, why scum-Imaginality could have tunneled and stretched badly to attack whatever-alignment-SlySly. Subtle, I'm sure, but arguing that it wasn't scummy because scum would certainly have avoided the Sly wagon after Sly's claim is misleading.
Plum wrote:
Mod:
Des, did you get a sex change or something?
Plum, who comes in the night and gives people surprise sex-change operations :lol:! Sorry Des - believing random male players to actually be female is actually something I've done more than once. I'm in a game with Crazy, for instance, and was pretty sure he was a she. Then I checked, this time before I messed up my pronouns. In this instance, I think, the lack of a little gender sign by the av combined with an av with a girl in it combined with the abbreviated name Des all sorta combined unfortunately.

I was gonna correct you the first time you did it, but then I decided to wait around for a bit and see if he felt like doing it himself. Apparently not
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Plum wrote:I can deal with that; it's just not my usual way of expressing relative lack of suspicion. If you meant "looks pro-town" when you said "obvtown", I'm more comfortable with the amount of reasoning provided.
Vell, vot I have to ask bos joo and Izaak is vezher joo aktually thought I literally thought zat EK's and KMD's townzhiness is "obviouzh." And if so, I vood expect joo to be more interezhted in
how
I arrived at said konkluzhonzh, razzer zan jost FoSink me for it.

Joo see, von tink I am interezhted in is inkvisitiveness. Disagreement over sospishonzh is very kommon in mafia gamezh, not only becoz scomzh try to trick ze townzh, bot becoz people tink differently and have different experienses. I have found in ze pazt zat knee-jerk "X disagreez vith my sospishonzh so X is ze scomzh" is most kommon (though not olvayzh) cozzed by beink novice or being insinseer (aka, scomzh).

So von of the reazonzh I prezhent myself as beink certain of alignment is to see how playerzh reakt. Both joo and Izaak said joo thought I vos sospekt for kolling EK/KMD ze "obvtownzh." In joor kase, I olredy sospekted joo for joor contributionzh. In Izaak'zh kase, I found zat his "plan" for Dezh -- though horribly ineffektive -- seemed genuine.

Bot since I am interezhted, I haff to ask.
Izaak: Do you
honestly
beleeve zat I vood bluntly state zat I believe both of my scomzhboddeez "obvtownzh" for no reason at all on Day 1 vithout prezhentink any reasonink?
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:47 pm

Post by SlySly »

Plum wrote: Or you and Sly could be scum together.
I am not scum and I would think an investigation on me might help ease some minds, if anyone were able to do such.

----------------------------

Considering the minute amount of time left after a day wasted on trying to lynch me, I am fine with lynching Darox. He has contributed nothing and has ignored questions that were bolded and pointed out to him.

I would rather lynch Des because I don't buy his PR defense. Either he or his predecessor are/were lying but you guys seem willing to let him off the hook for it, so be it.

unvote

vote:Darox
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Darox
Darox
Mafia Scum
Darox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:49 pm

Post by Darox »

Still typing.

In the mean time, could I get a vote count so I know who is the most extreme of all extreme people?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”