Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:41 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

To be honest, your argument looked to me like "it doesn't really hurt the town that much" and not "it helps the town". Your sarcastic answer to my question didn't really help, either.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:42 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kore, the only way not voting helps you is if you are scum. No one can look at your voting records that way. It hurts the town because we get no read on you. And I think Xyl mentioned this, but if everyone were to adopt that style, it would wreck any chance of lynching scum. The only discussion it generates is whether or not you should be lynched. If you are town, that's not helpful. And we have plenty of other discussion going, no? Qwints for example.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:44 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Korejora's policy is pretty much exactly the same as voting no lynch, except without the guts to actually vote no lynch.

Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:50 am

Post by Korejora »

Kmd4390 wrote:Kore, the only way not voting helps you is if you are scum. No one can look at your voting records that way. It hurts the town because we get no read on you. And I think Xyl mentioned this, but if everyone were to adopt that style, it would wreck any chance of lynching scum. The only discussion it generates is whether or not you should be lynched. If you are town, that's not helpful. And we have plenty of other discussion going, no? Qwints for example.
I wasn't aware that people were so reliant on voting records here - in complete sincerity. Mafia does not consist entirely of votes. Can you not get a read off what I discuss, and my stated opinions?

I'm not saying the town in this game needed discussion at the time, but the first day, so far as I've seen, tends to stagnate and have a lot of fluff. (This of course raises the question of why I would apply the idea to this specific game, the answer to which is that I find if I stray from what I do every game, people will mistrust me, which will harm me as town more than if I make exceptions.)
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:51 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

But is it not ideal for THIS game to lay a vote on a scummy player?
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:54 am

Post by Korejora »

Possibly. I have honestly
never
once seen a person get this hung up on the fact that I don't vote, so I'm not really sure how to react to it. If Xyl is town, then it would help the town if I made an exception for him.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 am

Post by camn »

Korejora.....

Considering we ran Zwet up to a lynch.. and then he died..... isn't it kind of like this is actually day 2? Only there were no night actions?

So couldn't you, without violating your ethics, actually lay a vote down...since it is just
technically
still day 1?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:59 am

Post by Korejora »

Kmd4390 wrote:The only discussion it generates is whether or not you should be lynched.
This I would like to address specifically. It is not usually what occurs and
definitely
not the goal of the strategy. The stimulation of discussion I have seen as a result of this choice is due to the tilted votecount,
not
due to my policy itself, so the discussion is generalized across the entire town, not focused on one player.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:05 am

Post by Korejora »

camn wrote:Korejora.....

Considering we ran Zwet up to a lynch.. and then he died..... isn't it kind of like this is actually day 2? Only there were no night actions?

So couldn't you, without violating your ethics, actually lay a vote down...since it is just
technically
still day 1?
I like how you think.

Votecount?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote:Korejora.....

technically
still day 1?
I agree with this. We have information from Zwet's flip.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:14 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Why can't you find the scummy player of your choice and vote? Why do you need a votecount?
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:21 am

Post by camn »

Hush, DGB.. I am brokering a compromise here.
Xylthixlm wrote:How about: If Kore doesn't vote TODAY, you will help policy lynch her TOMORROW.
Xyl.. I am inclined to agree with your proposal. . . given you will let the matter rest until then?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:34 am

Post by qwints »

Asking for a votecount is reasonable to avoid the risk of a quick hammer, but Kore should say who she wants to vote for first.

Also focusing on one player at a time is better than focusing on the whole town. We just need to make sure we don't tunnel for the whole game.
Korejora
Korejora
Goon
Korejora
Goon
Goon

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:40 am

Post by Korejora »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Why can't you find the scummy player of your choice and vote? Why do you need a votecount?
I figure if I hammer, then it's almost like I didn't vote D1 at all, giving me an even further sense of accomplishment. But I don't think qwints is at -1 yet, even the invisible kind.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:58 am

Post by camn »

qwints wrote:Asking for a votecount is reasonable to avoid the risk of a quick hammer, but Kore should say who she wants to vote for first.

Also focusing on one player at a time is better than focusing on the whole town. We just need to make sure we don't tunnel for the whole game.
THAT IS YOUR CONTRIBUTION????!!

Qwints: In 15 words or more, please answer the following:
Who is scummier, Hascow or Jebus or Zwet....and why?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:11 am

qwints wrote:Asking for a votecount is reasonable to avoid the risk of a quick hammer, but Kore should say who she wants to vote for first.

I want to lynch moar qwints.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:18 am

Post by Caboose »

Kore wrote:More scum on the wagons means it's easier to weed them out of the crowd. You don't need me to be on the voting record to see where I'm going; I don't vote commonly on any day, not because that's my policy, but because throwing votes around makes me feel presumptuous so I end up not doing it. I have not seen this cause problems for people.
So, it makes you feel presumptuous to play the game? Also, why don't we need you on the voting records. From my perspective, you could be scum, too.
Xyl wrote:Strawman and appeal to emotion in the very same post. Defensive much?
While the strawman and appeal to emotion are true, defensiveness is not a scumtell.
Tajo wrote:Hint: The cow has dissapeared and Farside is still lurking.
Hint: The cow is V/LA I believe.

Why is it so hard to get someone to vote?

My patience is running out with qwints.
sam.samhorn
sam.samhorn
Goon
sam.samhorn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:50 pm

Post by sam.samhorn »

Damnit Xyl you're being annoying. Don't you realize that you're being just as anti-town as korejora by policy-voting him?

note: I haven't read the last 4-5 pages of Xyl posts, I'm just not going to read his posts either anymore.

Why aren't people lynching hasdgfas? I made an awesome case on him and people seemed to agree with me but not vote
"I have chronic depression and a learning disability" - Xylthilxm
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:29 pm

I'm voting hascow.

I'm liking samhorn more and more.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:12 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I want to lynch moar qwints.
Then why did you unvote?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:31 pm

Kmd4390 wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I want to lynch moar qwints.
Then why did you unvote?
There are many lynchworthy players in the game. The vacant TSQ player slot tops my list, but I won't get any traction on a wagon on a player that ragequit.

At the moment I fancy a hascow wagon moar than a qwints wagon, though my desire for a qwints wagon has increased after he made yet another useless post.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:43 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

sam.samhorn wrote:Damnit Xyl you're being annoying. Don't you realize that you're being just as anti-town as korejora by policy-voting him?
Why shouldn't I vote someone who I think is scummy?

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Oh, right, because I'm supposed to be voting a lurker. Almost forgot my priorities there.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:23 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

DrippingGoofball wrote:There are many lynchworthy players in the game.
Starting with all the lurkers.
DrippingGoofball wrote:The vacant TSQ player slot tops my list, but I won't get any traction on a wagon on a player that ragequit.

At the moment I fancy a hascow wagon moar than a qwints wagon, though my desire for a qwints wagon has increased after he made yet another useless post.
Given the presence of both lurkers and someone who needs a pressure wagon/policy lynch, I am completely unwilling to vote someone who is actually posting today.

I might be persuaded to vote qwints, but only if Korejora shows some evidence she's playing to help the town. So far all I see from her is a bad summary of the game, a super-weak attack on hasdgfas, a meta claim to "cause highly important to stimulation" when there was
already
plenty of discussion going on, and then some defense of that with some fallacious arguments thrown in.

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:24 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR SAM.SAMHORN: THE ABOVE POST CONTAINS AN ACTUAL CASE ON KOREJORA THAT IS NOT BASED ON POLICY ARGUMENTS

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”