Mini 751: Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia (OVER)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:57 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia

Moderator:
Tarhalindur
Backup Moderators:
Kinetic, MafiaSSK, Natirasha

"After school, nothing special happened. Koizumi and I were chased around the clubroom putting up the new decorations Haruhi had brought. Haruhi gave commands and pointed around with her finger. Asahina-san, clad in a Santa outfit, was mascot-cum-tea-server. And today, Nagato was reading a hardcover book... while, once again, wearing the triangular hat on her head.

Then came the end of the day. The hotpot's contents were still undecided. The only decision in the meantime was that I would be assigned as the carrier and sent outside for shopping. What on earth would that hotpot be? I'd rather not have a potluck, with its smell of sinister schemes.

This is too long for a prologue. However, the above really is just a prologue, nothing else. The real action comes from this point onwards, starting the next day. It might have started tonight, but it doesn't really matter.

The next day was December 18, when even the mountain breezes were frozen. That day, I was thrown into the abyss of fear.

Let me say this in advance: it was no laughing matter."
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya (Prologue)

Game State:
- Over (see page 19 for details)

Alive:

1) Seraphim
2) malthusis
3) DrippingGoofball
4) forbiddanlight
5) Panzerjager
6) veerus
7) ortolan
8) roffman
9) Percy
10) Trumpet of Doom
11) Budja
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic)

Dead:

None yet

Missing:

None yet
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 14 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Rules:

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
<1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
<1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
<2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
<3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
<4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
<5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
<6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
<6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
<7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
<8> If a player has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
<9> Game-Specific Rule: When a player is lynched or killed, that player's role PM, minus factional abilities, will be posted in the thread.
<10> Each game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place. At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
<11> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
<12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
<13> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
<14> This is a Twilight setup. All actions are submitted during the day and resolve at the end of twilight. (This effectively makes Twilight a night where all players may still talk in the thread.)
<15> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
<16> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.

<16a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
<16b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
<17> Players may only use one special ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities and factional abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
<18> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
<19> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
<20> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
<21> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!
<23> Game Specific Rule: Until further notice, all players must post once every 48 hours. A player who violates this rule will be prodded. If a player is prodded 5 times, they will be replaced.
(This rule overrides Rule 16.)
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Notes on Game Flavor:

1) Flavor for this game was taken from the unanimated Suzumiya Haruhi light novels in addition to the chapters animated in
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
. A fan translation of all the light novels can be found here: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/index ... iya_Haruhi

2) Flavor from this game may come from any of the light novels - even the ninth novel (
The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya
). In fact, it's a pretty good bet that a LOT of flavor is taken from the later light novels.

3) Knowledge of the flavor is not necessary in this game but may be very, very useful.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:05 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Beginning of Confirmation Stage

"Because a person left, I dragged the vacated chair over and sat down beside Koizumi. The passive assistant leader seemed to be smiling at the grand total of eleven (is it really eleven?) first years, appraising them. I might as well do the same. After all Haruhi seemed to find no need for any self introduction and did not ask for any of their names, neither their birthday nor class. Just when I wanted to give them a nickname each according to their physical appearances, my line of sight fell very naturally on a particular person.

Let me clarify first. I meant no harm or designs. She is a girl.

Among all of the first years listening to Haruhi's one-man show, the girl seemed to be the only one who showed any sign of interest.

Hearing the repeated homeruns at the baseball match, she let out a low cheer; hearing the lone island killer mystery, she covered her mouth in shock, before regaining her smile after knowing the truth; hearing the exaggerated showdown against the Computer Research Society, she nodded her head repeatedly; hearing about Sakanaka-san's pet's incident, she again let out a small smile.

What a pure and innocent first year."
- The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya

It is now Confirmation Stage. Role PMs are going out. Please confirm in the manner indicated in your role PM. Day 1 will begin when at least ten and preferably twelve players have confirmed.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:43 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Confirmation Stage/Beginning of Day 1

All players have confirmed. Day 1 will begin momentarily.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:52 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I stared into the LCD monitor of my notebook PC, and tried to speculate where Commander Haruhi's intentions would lead us.

But before getting into that, I'd better explain our current situation to everyone first. It's always good to sort out one's thoughts, in order to make the correct decision. Yes, let's start from there.

It all began a week ago.
- The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya ("The Day of Sagittarius")

The Zeroth Vote Count (aka the "Weird and Wonderful" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (12): Seraphim, malthusis, DrippingGoofball, forbiddanlight, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, roffman, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (12): Seraphim, malthusis, DrippingGoofball, forbiddanlight, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, roffman, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS'es Required to Lynch:

Current Deadline:
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
First Mod Deadline Review:
March 3, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)

It is now Day 1. Something is amiss in the vote count!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:58 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Yes, a lone island. I was thinking, she'd probably conjure a condition in which the island is somehow sealed off, and during this time when no one can escape, someone would get murdered. A hilltop mansion in the middle of a blizzard or a lone island in the middle of a tropical storm are the perfect ingredients for a 'closed circle', where there is no way for the authorities to get involved. The ultimate stage for a crime mystery."
- The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya ("Lone Island Syndrome")

The First Vote Count (aka the "Why So Serious?" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (3) - DrippingGoofball, afatchic, forbiddanlight
2) malthusis (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (1) - Seraphim
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - Budja, ortolan
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (6): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, roffman, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (5) - Seraphim, DrippingGoofball, afatchic, Panzerjager, forbiddanlight
2) malthusis (0)
3) DrippingGoofball (1) - Trumpet of Doom
4) forbiddanlight (2) - malthusis, veerus
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (1) - Budja
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (1) - Percy
12) afatchic (0)
Tarhalindur (1) - ortolan

Not FoSing (1): roffman

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #96 (isolation #7) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:55 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

""No way, I see. I've been reading too much, I guess. Your favorite type would be much more on the weird side, and Nagato-san just doesn't fit the profile."

"How do you know my favorite type?"

"I just happened to hear that from Kunikida-san. You were in the same class in junior high, right?"

That bastard, nosing around with such crap. That was just Kunikida's misconception. Please ignore."
- "The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya"

Note to players: Your mod is somewhat V/LA. Not severely V/LA, but it is cutting into vote count frequency.

Speaking of V/LA, Panzer's is noted.

Finally, it's a Tar game. Unvotes and UnFoses are required, people. - Tar

The Second Vote Count (aka the "And You Still Don't Seem To Understand..." Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (4) - DrippingGoofball, afatchic, forbiddanlight, Panzerjager
2) malthusis (1) - roffman
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - ortolan
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (1) - Seraphim
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (1) - Budja

Not Voting (4): malthusis, veerus, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (6) - Seraphim, DrippingGoofball, afatchic, malthusis, roffman, Budja
2) malthusis (2) - Percy, Panzerjager
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (1) - veerus
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (2): forbiddanlight, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:

Lynch count has not been reached. Seraphim is at Lynch -1.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #98 (isolation #8) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Um..."

Miyokichi said with a trace of nervousness on her elegant face.

"There's someplace I want to go to, is that okay?"

"That's fine."

So we went. If I didn't plan on going, then I would've just broken it off yesterday through the phone. And there was no reason for me to flatly refuse Miyokichi's request.

"Thank you."
- The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya ("Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!")

I repeat: UnFoses are required, people. - Tar

The Third Vote Count (aka the "Not So Fast Bucko" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (4) - DrippingGoofball, afatchic, forbiddanlight, Panzerjager
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - ortolan
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (1) - Budja

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (6) - Seraphim, DrippingGoofball, afatchic, malthusis, roffman, Budja
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (2): forbiddanlight, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:

Lynch count has not been reached. Seraphim is at Lynch -1.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #99 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:01 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

As an aside, apparently Mind Screw 3 has succeeded in completely filling my PM box. I'll have to set up an alt for action PM's. More details soon. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #106 (isolation #10) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:07 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Right, you say you remember seeing me walking with Nagato..."

To be honest, I felt uncomfortable asking this question,

"But, why did you only think that I was merely close to her? Didn't you think that I could be dating Nagato?"

"Not at all,"

Nakagawa didn't flinch a bit,

"You are the sort who's fond of weirder girls. Like back in our third year... now what's her name, weren't you going out with that enigmatic girl?"

You, as a Nagato-lover, are the least qualified to comment on my preferences. I suddenly felt as though I'd just lost my balance, but it's obvious he got something wrong. Ah yes, Kunikida has gotten that wrong as well. I was just friends with that girl, now that I think about it, we've not even met since our graduation from junior high. I still do occasionally think of her every few days, I wonder if I should send her a New Year greeting card...
- The Wavering of Haruhi Suzumiya ("Charmed at First Sight LOVER")

The Fourth Vote Count (aka the "HAMMER TIME" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (3) - DrippingGoofball, afatchic, Panzerjager
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
4) forbiddanlight (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (2) - ortolan, forbiddanlight
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (1) - Budja

FoS Count

3) DrippingGoofball (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - forbiddanlight
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (1): Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:

After review, lynch count was NOT reached in this post. Seraphim was at L-1 at this time.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #107 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:15 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Shortly after you decide that Seraphim should die today, forbiddanlight adjourns for a brief trip to the kitchen (a sandwich, she said). About half an hour later, you notice that she hasn't come back. Time to investigate!

You head over to her room to see what's up... but it's empty. No sign that anyone lived in it recently.

Hmm. You check all the other obvious areas... the rooms, the kitchen, the (refitted) parlor, the dungeons, the throne room, everywhere. Forbiddanlight is nowhere to be found.

Puzzled, you ask the men in black to run a background check on her. They return a few minutes later, with a report. A check on the house you remember forbiddanlight talking about makes it clear - forbiddanlight was Haruhi Suzumiya, leader of the SOS-dan. What doesn't make sense is that there is now no trace of her anywhere in the world. Her house doesn't have her personal possessions, she was never here...

It's as if forbiddanlight never existed.

4) forbiddanlight, Haruhi Suzumiya, Townie Dreaming God, Disappeared (removed from the game) Day 1

Due to forbiddanlight's being removed from the game, the lynch count has been decreased by one. Lynch count has been reached (Seraphim is lynched). Actions please!

Point 1: Since forbiddanlight was removed from the game, her death reveal is NOT affected by Rule 9.

Point 2: No, I couldn't resist the obvious, obvious pun. - Tar
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #111 (isolation #12) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:32 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It has come to my attention that there is a small mod error in how Seraphim was lynched, due to me misreading her last vote/FoS.

Forbiddanlight was removed from the game at 8:23 A.M. today. This did NOT reset the vote count, and with 11 votes in play 6 FoS'es are required to lynch. As such, Seraphim was lynched immediately after forbiddanlight's death due to lowered lynch threshold. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #113 (isolation #13) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:33 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Its me. Me, just me~"

No, you are not Haruhi, and so that is not considered a formal introduction.

"How is it possible you don't remember..."

The female voice said. Since it's coming from the phone, it's not very clear. The owner of the voice spoke in a jovial high pitch.

"But it is alright. I am only planning to say hi to you. Your younger sister is so cute! I want a sister just like her! Arithmetic drills~...... Hehe, so cute."

Eh? I haven't heard this voice before, but her tone and style of speaking seems very similar to someone else's. But no matter how hard I search in the recording stores of my brain, I'm still unable to find it. I only felt that it is a voice with a childish tone sounding like that of my younger sister.

"I only wanted to hear Senpai's voice."

The Fifth Vote Count (aka the "Vote Count At Time of Lynch" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (3) - DrippingGoofball, afatchic, Panzerjager
3) DrippingGoofball (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - ortolan
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (1) - Budja

FoS Count

3) DrippingGoofball (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
8) roffman (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (2): veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #120 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:24 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

For all players who are not familiar with my games:

Seraphim is lynched. The lynch will resolve at the end of twilight, immediately before actions resolve.
If you have a normal action, now is the time to submit it. It will resolve at end of twilight, immediately after the lynch (unless another effect says otherwise). - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #126 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 1/Beginning of Day 2

Though you mourn for the lost SOS-dan brigade leader, your work must go on. You've decided to string up Seraphim, and Seraphim you will string up.

Only one problem: Seraphim seems to have gone missing. Time to go on a search, eh?

It doesn't take you too long to find Seraphim, running away towards the wine cellar. You chase, but your target is too fast for you and manages to get to the cellar before you can. No matter, there's only one exit, right? You station guards by the door and go in to find where Seraphim is hiding...

Only to find that your search is, once again, fruitless. No matter how hard you look, you can't find what happened to Seraphim. It's as if he's disappeared.

You ask the men in black for information, but they politely decline. "All in good time", they say.

As you regroup to prepare for the next lynch, you realize something else important: roffman and DrippingGoofball didn't make it back. A quick search reveals another, more grisly truth: they're dead.

DrippingGoofball is the easier body to spot - she's quite a mess, considering that she just got run over by a van. Under the gore, some of you recognize the face of Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, friend of Kyon's little sister. What is she doing here?

The search for roffman, however, is fruitless until someone thinks to check on the girls' bathroom. Indeed, that's where roffman died, kneeling over the toilet as if suffering from severe nausea. Severe, fatal nausea, that is. The men in black, after a brief scan, indicate that poison was likely responsible, though lab tests will be needed to confirm. At least roffman's presence here is understandable to most of you. If Haruhi was here, why shouldn't her counterpart Sasaki be here as well?

You ask the men in black for background information on the two dead, and they comply:

Apparently, they figured it out. When those black-suited men brought you to this island, they said that they were sure you were a slider.

They were right, of course. You are a slider. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your sliding abilities are going to get you out of this... game... the men in black have forced you into.

They might, however, let you win this twisted game... or die trying...

Welcome to Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia,
DrippingGoofball
. You are
Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura
, and in this timeline you're the slider that everyone has been looking for.

You are a
Townie Modified Doctor
. You have the following special abilities:

Active Abilities:

Find Alternate
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. If that player is killed by an ability that day, instead that player will be replaced by an alternate-universe counterpart (replacement player).
(In effect, you are a modified Doctor, in the same sense that the Replaceable Townie role from Mind Screw II is a modified Kill-Immune Townie.)

Please note that you may only use one active ability per day.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM.
Why are these men in suits bringing you, an ordinary mortal introvert, to this distant mansion? Why are they telling you to kill people? Is it to cull the herd? Humanity has probably overgrown the planet's carrying capacity, after all. Is it for entertainment? Blood sport is popular even now, but aren't wrestling and American football more than enough to sate the masses' thirst for gladiators?

Or, just maybe, is this due to the strange, godlike power that Kyoko claimed you have?

roffman
. You are
Sasaki
, a middle-school friend of Kyon's (who some people have started to claim is a god).

You are a
Townie Global Roleblocker

Active Abilities:

Global Roleblock
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any non-lynch action that would resolve during the chosen game day instead fails to resolve, regardless of whether you are alive.
Endure
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any game action, including lynches, that would resolve targeting you on the chosen game day will instead resolve on the next game day.
(This ability will fail to resolve if you die before the chosen day, for hopefully obvious reasons.)

You may choose different days for your abilities.
(i.e, you may have Global Roleblock resolve on Day 1 and Endure resolve on Day 3 if you so choose)
You may also choose to have your abilities resolve on the same day, if you so wish.

You win when all other factions have left the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Global Roleblock and Endure will resolve.
Not a good day for the good guys, overall. Better change that quickly, before it is too late!

Seraphim, ???, Vanished Day 1
No Lynch Occured Day 1
3) DrippingGoofball, Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, Townie Modified Doctor, Run Over Day 1
8) roffman, Sasaki, Townie Global Roleblocker, Poisoned Day 1

Day 2 will begin once I have finished sending results PMs.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #127 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Sasaki, where did you go with them today?"

"You wanted evidence to prove that I am not there? We took the train to the city and walked for a few rounds. Tachibana-san is really nice to hang out with. She even talked a lot about her high school."

Sasaki calmly added.

"And, about the incident four years ago."

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Danger, Danger Will Robinson" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

Current Deadline:
March 17, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)

Something new is amiss with the vote count. Check back in a week for details!
In other news, begin Day 2!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #133 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Nagato stood in front of me with her legs slightly opened, and it's only now that I notice she's so serious that she even wrote her own name on her indoor shoes. Then, as if chanting a prayer, Nagato mumbled softly,

Code: Select all

SELECT serial_code
    FROM database
    WHERE code='data'
    ORDER BY aggressive_combat_data
    HAVING terminate_mode

'Target name Asakura Ryoko, hostility confirmed. Disconnecting target's organic information interface.'"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Sixth Vote Count (aka the "Majority Rules?" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not FoSing (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, afatchic

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #140 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:59 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Zwetschenwasser replaces afatchic. Please welcome him to the game!

New vote count (and activity checks) later tonight. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #147 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:44 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Um.' Tachibana Kyoko followed. 'Next we move onto the main topic.'

After deliberately "ahem"-ing a few times to clear her throat, this esper girl who has an alien and a time traveler sitting on each of her sides revealed a smile of the door-to-door salesgirl.

-We believe the existence of the real god is not Suzumiya-san but Sasaki-san here.-

A bomb dropped suddenly."

If I don't see more activity very soon, I'm going to be handing out a short deadline.

EDIT: Prodding the hell out of Panzer. - Tar

The Seventh Vote Count (aka the "Somebody Is Lucky" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (1) - Budja

Not FoSing (7): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:
March 10, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)[/quote]
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #169 (isolation #20) » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:01 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

There were cherry blossoms everywhere. This was the cherry blossom path by the riverside, where Asahina-san revealed her true identity to me. Let us reconfirm the season again: it is autumn right now. There were still some remnants of summer within the air, but normally, Japanese cherry blossoms usually bloom in spring. It is usually acceptable if a flower blossoms earlier than its usual season, but to blossom half a year early was way too ridiculous. Were the cherry blossoms going as crazy as the sun itself?

Under the falling cherry blossom petals, only Haruhi had her engines fired up. Wearing her tight waitress costume, Asahina-san wavered and walked aimlessly. Was it because she was unsettled by the flowers blossoming in the wrong season?

'I never thought things would go my way so easily. I was just thinking of filming a scene full of cherry blossoms! This rare meteorological event sure is coincidental!'

Haruhi spouted out, while making Asahina-san stand in all sorts of poses.

It was impossible after all. Whenever people do something impulsively, it is always their future selves that suffer. It feels like I have continually been learning this lesson for the past six months.

And I wasn't meditating on, 'I should've done that,' but rather, 'I shouldn't have done that.' A very negative thought indeed. Someone give me a gun! A real gun! Not a toy gun!

The cherry blossom trees seemed to start blossoming after noon, and the petals started to fall by evening. The local television station even reported this as a rare event, how I wish they would just think of this as a one-off freak incident. Just blame it all on the abnormal events caused by the climate change of recent years, OK?

'That's what Suzumiya-san seems to think.'"
- The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Eighth Vote Count (aka the "Hare Hare Yukai = EAR WORM" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)

Not FoSing (7): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #183 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:48 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

After school, my feet were auto-piloted towards the Literature Club Room out of habit. It is a typical reflex action -- the body moves without the brain thinking when the action is repeated every day. It is the same as the sequence during bathing. There is no predetermined sequence of how to scrub the body in a bath, but from some time onwards the sequence is pieced up mechanically every single time.

Every day when classes finish, I head towards the SOS Brigade, drink tea prepared by Asahina-san, and play games with Koizumi while listening to the delirious talks from Haruhi. It may be a bad habit, but I find it hard to kick, even if I am told to, exactly because it is a bad habit.

Therefore today the ambiance is a little different.

"What shall I do with this?"

I stared at the blank application form as I was walking. Nagato gave this to me yesterday, probably implicitly encouraging me to join the Literature Club. But I don't understand; why did she invite me? Because the Literature Club has no other members and is to be disbanded? But it was courageous for her to recruit me, who literally appeared from nowhere and attacked her. Probably even in this wrong world, only Nagato never changes her somehow peculiar logic. "
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

You pass the First Mod Deadline Review. Pick up the posting, or you won't pass the Second.

Also, surprise! - Tar

The Ninth Vote Count (aka the "Nandeyanen?" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (0)

Not FoSing (8): malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:

The Vote Count has been reset. Day 2 continues!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #201 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

After seeing Koizumi lifting up the entirely collapsed Nagato, I head off downstairs in a hurry. Ice pillow, ice pillow, ice pillow, where might the ice pillow be?

It would be that I hadn't fully recovered from the shock of seeing Nagato fainted that led me to be frozen in place earlier. It just seems to be impossible. That's why the case of fake Asahina-san in my room and fake versions of ourselves roaming about in each others' rooms is something that I am just so sick of that I want to forget about it. Leave it alone. That has nothing to do with me.

"Damn!"

This is just bad. Curses. I was hoping to let Nagato live a peaceful life like a normal person for the next few days, who knew that the exact opposite would happen.

There is no trace of any ice pillow anywhere, so I wind up in the kitchen by instinct. My own ice mat is not in the emergency kit, but in the fridge. Where would it be in this strange house?

"Wait."

I stop my hand as I hold onto the handle of the fridge door. I pray as hard as I can in my head after having visualized the image of an ice pillow in my head.

Following that, I open the fridge.

"...there."

The blue ice pillow sits atop the cabbage.

Everything really is provided for. This is way too convenient. I don't know who pays such attention to detail, but it will only lead to an undesired outcome. I am more resolute thanks to that fellow.

We definitely can't stay in a place like this. "
- The Rampage of Haruhi Suzumiya
("Snow Mountain Syndrome")

It's FoS'es to lynch, people. - Tar

The Tenth Vote Count (aka the "Something Is Amiss..." Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (1) - malthusis
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - Panzerjager
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (1) - Trumpet of Doom
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (4): veerus, ortolan, Percy, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (1) - Panzerjager
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (3) - Budja, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

Not FoSing (4): malthusis, veerus, ortolan, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:
March 24, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
March 17, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #219 (isolation #23) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

To cut a long story short, it's a good thing that Sunday when two people went to buy tea happened. It got me thinking about the future of the SOS Brigade, and it successfully lifted Asahina-san's depression. To tell you the truth, I don't know what she perceived, but we seem to have a mutual understanding. There's no point explaining it in detail, especially not to Asahina-san now.

I never mention John Smith in front of Haruhi. This is somewhat like me not telling Asahina-san about the adult Asahina-san; it has a similar meaning. This is the emergency trump card.

If the time comes — —

Well, I don't want that time to come. "
- The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Eleventh Vote Count (aka the "Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall..." Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (1) - malthusis
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (1) - Panzerjager
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (1) - Trumpet of Doom
11) Budja (0)
12) afatchic (0)

Not Voting (4): veerus, ortolan, Percy, Budja, afatchic

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (3) - Budja, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

Not FoSing (4): malthusis, veerus, ortolan, zwetschenwasser

Current Deadline:
March 24, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
Second Mod Deadline Review:
March 17, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M. CST (GMT -6)
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #237 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:54 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"It was Nagato Yuki, silently reading a book in the corner. I clearly remember the one time this alien-made interface revealed any signs of emotions. It was when Asahina-san and I were playing Othello.

Now that you mention it, I don't think I've ever played Othello with Nagato before. I don't think I'd have any chances of winning, though, unless Nagato decided to lose on purpose. Now if my opponent was Koizumi, that'd be another story. Unless Koizumi was also deliberately losing to me all this time.

I had noticed that after plopping herself down on the commander's chair, Haruhi would be silent for a short period of time. First, she would turn on the computer and connect herself to the internet. That was a somewhat daily routine to her. The next thing she would do was access the SOS Brigade's miserable home page. This was the commander's duty, I suppose? Finally, she would begin surfing the Internet for all sorts of weird and unknown stuff. She would also occasionally download freeware from random sites and install them. I have no idea what's on the computer and what's not anymore. If she ran into a problem, Haruhi would simply summon up the Computer Society's President and have him fix things up immediately. Talk about using a tool to its fullest. "
- The Indignation of Haruhi Suzumiya
("Wandering Shadow")

The Twelfth Vote Count (aka the "Vote Count Reset, Day Continues" Vote Count)

Trumpet of Doom's V/LA is noted.

Second Mod Deadline Review... passed, barely. Final Day 2 Deadline set (see below). - Tar.

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (0)

Not Voting (8): malthusis, veerus, Panzerjager, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, zwetchenwasser

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (1) - Panzerjager

Not FoSing (7): malthusis, veerus, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, Budja, zwetschenwasser

Current and Final Deadline:
March 31, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Vote Count was reset on March 17, 2009 at ~6:00 P.M.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #257 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:14 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"Sasaki laughed softly.

"I wanted to drink tea brewed by Asahina-san too. I could if I visited North High right? What a waste, I should have visited during the cultural festival last year. I will definitely go this year."

I would of course not say things like "it is better if you don't appear."

"You coming is of course not a problem. But our cultural festival has nothing too interesting..."

"Both of you......"

Tachibana Kyoko suddenly invaded into the space between Sasaki and me. In order not to hit our umbrellas, she held hers high up.

"Can casual chat be left to when only the both of you are around? The reason I called for you today......"

Tachibana Kyoko cleared her throat with an "Ahem" sound and looked darkly at Sasaki and me.

"......is because I have plenty to talk to you all about. This is something very important. I should have told Sasaki-san before."

"Sorry", Sasaki said, smiling. "I did not forget, just that I am pretending to have forgotten. Honestly speaking, I do not know how to say those things out loud."

In this period of time, Kuyoh remained motionless like a model made in a 1:1 ratio. Is she really not used to our kind of language?

Following that, Tachibana Kyoko said.

"We better get going. I have a premonition that ambassador from the future is more or less running out of patience in that shop. It is about time too.'"

The Thirteenth Vote Count (aka the "Green Minivan" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)

Not Voting (7): malthusis, veerus, Panzerjager, ortolan, Percy, Trumpet of Doom, zwetchenwasser

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
7) ortolan (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)
11) Budja (0)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) (5) - Panzerjager, Percy, malthusis, Budja, veerus

Not FoSing (3): ortolan, Trumpet of Doom, zwetschenwasser

Current and Final Deadline:
March 31, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Lynch Count has been reached. Zwetschenwasser has been lynched. Any player that has not sent in an action should do so now.
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #275 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 2/Beginning of Day 3

After a brief bout of discussion and a few rounds of deja vu, you decide to string up zwetschenwasser. Zwet's the ringleader of the anti-SOS-dan, he MUST be scum, surely you shouldn't even bother asking zwet to claim...

... Hmm, apparently you were wrong about that assumption. You can't find any trace of anti-town intent in Kyoko Tachibana's room, though you'll need to wait for the MIB report to be certain. Now, where did Ortolan go off to?

A check of ortolan's room reveals a grisly discovery: Ortolan is sprawled over the sill, killed by a single gunshot wound to the back. A few of your recognize the friendly face of the class representative, who apparently came back from Canada after half a year. A smaller number of you remember the reason
why
Ryoko Asakura "moved to Canada", wonder how the MIB managed to bring her here at all, and sigh with relief that an enemy of everyone in this mansion (be they naughty or nice) has been defeated. A full report from the MIB's is ongoing. Now, why don't the five of you go back and deliberate...

... wait, five? There were six in the group a moment ago... Trumpet of Doom went off to use the bathroom and didn't come back... a quick check reveals that none of you can get into the bathroom...

A MIB report reveals something very odd. The entire area of spacetime containing the mansion's primary bathroom has been frozen in spacetime, with Trumpet of Doom inside it. Nothing the MIB try is able to remove whatever effect crystallized the spacetime in question... looks like Trumpet of Doom won't be joining you for a while. And you'll need to use one of the spare bathrooms.

Now, for the extended MIB report:

zwetschenwasser:

Just what are these men in black, anyways? They come out of nowhere, abduct you from your school, and bring you here to this lonely mansion. Then they tell you that there is a corruption amongst you and that the only way to eliminate it is to kill each other. If there's really a corruption, why can't they deal with it themselves?

You can't lose sight of your priority, though. You must protect the goddess - the real goddess - at any cost. You might as well try to protect everyone else, too - maybe you can get on the SOS-dan's good side that way...

zwetschenwasser
. You are
Kyoko Tachibana
, the organizer of the mirror SOS-dan that surrounds Sasaki.

You are a
Townie Kidnapper

Active Abilities:

Kidnap
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. Any non-roleblock normal action that player uses will fail to resolve, and any non-roleblock normal action that targets that player that day will fail to resolve. However, any ability that targets you will be copied to the kidnapped player.
(In effect, you're a reverse super-Hider who doesn't die upon hiding a scum.)

Mod Note: Ability fails if Kyoko is lynched due to the copy component failing.

ortolan:

I am dead. Or am I alive? The mortal shell means nothing so long as the mind endures.

I see strange men. They ask me to help them. Ask me to help kill others. Why should I not help them? The mere concept of death is nothing to me. The collection of data is all that matters...

ortolan
. You are
Ryoko Asakura
, the Humanoid Interface that once tried to kill Kyon.

You are the
Serial Killer+

Factional Abilities:

Serial Killer Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. This is a Rapid Action - Special. You may use this ability any number of times.
Serial Killer Safeclaim
- You know that
Kimidori Emiri
and
Future Mikuru Asahina
are not in the game and are safeclaims for you. Be warned: Role name is not an absolute determinant of alignment in this game. You may be better served by claiming your true rolename.
Slice and Dice
- Each day, you may target a player. You will remove that player from the game. This is a Rapid Action and serves as your Serial Killer kill.
(This ability resolves immediately upon receipt. Players who are removed from the game are NOT affected by Rule 9 - their full role name will be revealed as normal, but no additional information will be provided.)

Passive Abilities:

Regenerate Data Interface
- The first time you would be killed by an ability other than lynching, instead you aren't. You will be informed when this happens.

Your RFG method is "disappeared".

Trumpet of Doom:

No information available - Trumpet of Doom was removed from the game, not killed.

12) zwetschenwasser, Kyoko Tachibana, Townie Kidnapper, Lynched Day 2

7) ortolan, Ryoko Asakura, Serial Killer+, Shot Day 2

10) Trumpet of Doom, ???, ???, Trapped in Crystallized Spacetime (removed from the game) Day 2

Day 3 will begin once I finish processing actions.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #276 (isolation #27) » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"The following day, Asakura Ryouko disappeared from class.

This outcome was inevitable, but I was the only one who thought like that.

"Hmm, I guess it has something to do with Asakura-kun's father's work, that's why she had to transfer all of a sudden. To be frank, the teachers were shocked as well when they heard the news this morning. Since they had to leave the country, they already flew off yesterday."

When Okabe-sensei announced this cover story, most of the girls exclaimed in shock, "What?", "Why?", while the guys also talked amongst themselves about this. Even the teacher had a look of bewilderment. Not surprisingly, the girl behind me could not be silent about this.

Smack! She smacked the back of my head with her fist.

"Kyon, this HAS to be a mysterious event!" Haruhi's eyes shone brightly as she regained her usual vigor.

What should I do? Tell her the truth?

Actually, Asakura-san was created by an unknown entity known as the Integrated Data Sentient Entity, Nagato-san is also her companion, but for some reason their relationship broke down, and in the end Asakura-san had to resort to killing me. As to why it involves me, the reason is actually you. However, Asakura-san got turned into a pile of sand by Nagato-san and disappeared.

Oh please! I'd be ridiculed like hell if I said that, and I don't feel like saying it. I'll just pretend that everything that happened yesterday was just an illusion and leave it as that.

"First a mysterious transfer student coming in, and then a girl transferring out mysteriously. There has to be something fishy going on!"

Should I commend her on her brilliant instincts?"

The Fourteenth Vote Count (aka the "Commencing Data Interface Disconnection" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)

Not Voting (5): malthusis, veerus, Panzerjager, Percy, Budja

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)

Not FoSing (5):malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, Percy, Budja

Current Deadline:
April 4, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
March 28, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Absolutely nothing new is amiss with the vote count.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #313 (isolation #28) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"'Ah, judging by your reaction, I guess the other two girls have approached you already.'

Koizumi took a quick glance at Nagato, busy reading her book as usual. I found his know-it-all tone quite annoying.

"Let's find another place to talk. It would be troublesome if Suzumiya-san hears us."

Koizumi and I went to the cafeteria and sat at one of the tables. On the way, Koizumi even bought a cup of hot coffee for me. I know it's odd for two guys to share the same cafeteria table, but that can't be helped.

"How much do you know?"

"That Suzumiya isn't an ordinary person, I guess."

"That makes things easy for me. You are correct."

Was this some kind of joke? All of the other three members of the SOS Brigade have told me that Suzumiya isn't human. Has global warming heated their brains so much that they short-circuited?

"First, tell me who you really are."

Since one has told me she's an alien while the other a time traveler, I already had an idea, so I followed up,

"You're not gonna tell me that you're an esper, are you?"

"Now, there's no need to assume!"

Koizumi shook his cup softly.

"While not exactly accurate, you're more or less correct - I am what you call an esper. That's right, I possess paranormal powers."

I drank my coffee in silence. Mmm, too sweet, he should've bought it with less sugar.

'I'd have preferred not to transfer to this school so suddenly, but there has been a change in circumstances. I never thought those two girls would have approached Suzumiya Haruhi so quickly already. Before that, they had always been silently observing her.'"

The Fifteenth Vote Count (aka the "Aliens, Time Travelers, Espers, and Sliders" Vote Count)

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (1) - Percy
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
11) Budja (0)

Not Voting (4): malthusis, veerus, Panzerjager, Budja

FoS Count

2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (2) - Budja, malthusis
11) Budja (3) - Panzerjager, Percy, veerus

Not FoSing (0):

Lynch count has been reached. It is now Twilight. Actions, please!
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #315 (isolation #29) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 3/Beginning of Day 4

In a fit of desperation, two of the mansion's survivors rise up and claim to know that the other is a villain.

"He's scum!"

"No, he's scum!"

The remainder found the latter more plausible, and sent the first to the gallows. No flattering words or complicated philosophy could save Budja from the noose.

After a check of Budja's room, you decide that this was probably the right course to take. If the strange little booklet you find in his room called "How to Be an Alpha Mafioso" aren't condemning enough, the vials full of poison that you find beside the booklet should seal the case. Guess you should see what the MIB have to say, though...

Satisfied, you head back to start deliberations anew... wait a minute, shouldn't someone be dead now?

Hmm. Nothing has changed in the mansion during your trip to Koizumi's room. Absolutely nothing at all.

Which is odd, in its own way. Surely, even in the best-case scenario, SOMETHING would have happened while you were away from the watchful eyes of the MIB...

Some of you wonder, could a goddess's touch be involved?

Budja:

How amusing. A game to the death, and the men in black suits tell you that you've been chosen to be one of the killers. Looks like you won't have much choice in the matter.

Haruhi can't have caused this. She would never want SOS-dan members to start killing their own. That poses the question, however: who are these black-suited men, and what do they want?

[REDACTED]

Budja
. You are
Koizumi Itsuki
, and you have been tasked by a mysterious organization with killing everyone else on this island... with a little help, of course.

You are an
Alpha Mafia Cop

Factional Abilities:

[REDACTED]

Passive Abilities:

Stealth Mode
- Each day, if you are not using any active abilities and are not making the Alpha Mafia kill, you are immune to the first normal killing action that would target you that day.

Active Abilities:

Investigate
- Each twilight, you may target a player. You will learn your target's alignment.

Your kill method is "poisoned".

11) Budja, Koizumi Itsuki, Alpha Mafia Cop, Lynched Day 3

Day 4 will begin shortly
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #316 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

We Interrupt Your Day 4 For This Important Message

As you convene to begin deliberations anew under the watchful eye of the MIB, you suddenly hear noises in the locked wine cellar. You head out with the MIB's to investigate.

You open the wine cellar, look in, and see...

Seraphim? What the hell is he doing here?

Seraphim has returned to the game.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #317 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:18 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

""We've returned. Our time of origin was July 7th......just after nine thirty at night. This is such a relief......Phew!"

She breathed a sigh of relief from the bottom of her heart.

Standing by the door was the Nagato we knew. If I have to distinguish besides whether she wears her glasses or not, then this Nagato Yuki was the one that has softened up a bit. Seeing her three years later, I finally understood. The Nagato before me has indeed changed a bit since I first saw her in the Literature Club room when Haruhi brought me there. The change was so small that she probably doesn't realize it herself.

"But, how did you do it?"

Nagato explained to Asahina-san without any emotion,

"Selective freezing of liquefied connected data within spacetime, preserving it until the known destination within the spacetime continuum, and finally unfreezing the data."

She said some very abstract terms, then paused and added,

"And that is now."

Asahina-san attempted to stand up, then her knees softened and she knelt down again,

"Could it be......impossible......Nagato-san, you......"

Nagato remained silent.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"Nagato-san......has stopped time itself. She probably had the time in this space along with us frozen for three years, until today when she finally unfroze the time......right?"

"Yes." Nagato replied and nodded her head.

"This is unbelievable, to be able to stop time......wah~."

Asahina-san knelt exhaustedly and sighed."
- The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
("Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody")

The Sixteenth Vote Count (aka the "July 7, 2007" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)

Not Voting (5): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Panzerjager, Percy

Votes required to lynch: 3

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)

Not FoSing (5): Seraphim, malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, Percy

Current Deadline:
April 8, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
April 1, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Absolutely nothing at all is amiss with the vote count.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #334 (isolation #32) » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:13 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"After I finished, I placed the cup on the table, and Nagato refilled it instantly for me. Since she's refilled it, I might as well drink that. Once I completed, she refilled a third cup for me. Finally, the tea pot is empty. Nagato stood up about to refill the teapot. I stopped her at once.

"There's no need to refill tea for me anymore, can you please tell me why you brought me here?"

After I said that, Nagato stopped what she was doing and went back to her sitting position like a video rewinding itself. She still said nothing.

"What is it that can't be said at school?" I asked probingly.

Finally, Nagato moved her thin lips.

"It's about Suzumiya Haruhi."

She straightened her back and sat elegantly.

"And myself."

She paused for a while.

I really don't understand her speaking style.

"What is it about Suzumiya and you?"

At this moment, Nagato showed a look of discomfort. This is the first time I've seen her show such an expression ever since I've met her. However, this emotional upheaval of hers is very minuscule; one has to be very observant in order to even notice.

"I cannot completely convey this in words, and there may be errors in the transmission of data. Regardless, listen."

'Suzumiya Haruhi and I are not ordinary humans.'"

The Seventeenth Vote Count (aka the "Not Yet" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (3) - malthusis, veerus, Percy
6) veerus (0)

Not Voting (1): Seraphim

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)

Not FoSing (5): Seraphim, malthusis, Panzerjager, veerus, Percy

Current Deadline:

Panzerjager is lynched. It is now Twilight. Get in actions ASAP please!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #340 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:41 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 4/Beginning of Day 5

After the death of a fellow Alpha Mafioso, Panzerjager decides to just give himself up to the mercy of the town and hope that the greater threat of the Beta Mafia convinces them that his death can wait another day.

"Guys, unless you think there's a third Alpha Mafioso or that I have a bonus kill, lynching me today makes no sense! If there's 2 groups of 2 Mafia, then I can't win today and you LOSE THE GAME if you lynch me!"

"Screw you, we're not listening to sense" says everybody else, and you string Panzerjager up and go to check his room.

Unsurprisingly, he's an Alpha Mafioso. More surprisingly, a check on that booklet on the counter ("How to Be an Alpha Mafioso") says that he's the last Alpha Mafioso.

"Okay, we're done here, right?" you ask the men in black.

"No, not quite," they respond, and point to the character who walked up behind you while you were looking.

"Uh, guys, I just went for a restroom bteak. Why does everybody look like they've seen a ghost? And where did Ortolan, Budja, and Panzerjager go, anyways?" asks Trumpet of Doom.

You return to the MIB-controlled main room for a headcount. Percy, veerus, malthusis, and Seraphim are alive. Trumpet of Doom is also, apparently, alive... nobody else died? No mysterious disappearances?

And, come to think of it... is that DrippingGoofball standing over in the corner? How did she live? And why are the men in black telling you to ignore her vote?

Hmm, apparently this isn't over yet after all. Time to get the full Panzerjager report from the men in black:

Panzerjager

Amidst the dance, new voices. Men stand around you, before a coffin, bearing robes and scythe.

You must become death? Why? How can these men force you to become as they wish?

Why must you kill those you care for? Those you love?

Panzerjager
. You are
Yuki Nagato
, the SOS-dan's resident Living Humanoid Interface... and you've been selected by the men in black to be an architect of this destruction.

You are an
Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper

Factional Abilities:

[REDACTED]

Passive Abilities:

Catch and Release
- If at any time there are two or more players removed from the game with Stasis Cell, you MUST choose all but one of those players. Each player chosen in this way will be returned to the game.
- The first time you would be killed by an ability other than lynching, instead you aren't. You will be informed when this happens.

Active Abilities:

Stasis Cell
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself and choose a number of days. If there are no players currently removed from the game with Stasis Cell, then the targeted player will be removed from the game for the chosen number of days or until you die, whichever comes first; when this happens, the removed player will be returned to the thread alive. Removing a player from the game with Stasis Cell does NOT reveal any role information (role name, alignment, abilities, etc.) about that player. Be warned, however, that the mechanism behind this ability is extremely distinctive.
(A player who is removed from the game cannot post, vote, FoS, or use abilities, cannot be lynched or killed, and does not count towards any factional win condition.)

Your kill method is "deleted".

Mod Note:
- Flavor is taken from the unanimated short story Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody; the flavor presented when Stasis Cell is used should make it obvious what ability is being used.
- The specific part of Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody which explains the flavor behind this ability has also been used as the italics in a Vote Count in this game.

5) Panzerjager, Yuki Nagato, Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper, Lynched Day 4

10) Trumpet of Doom returned to the game Day 4
3) DrippingGoofball
(Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, Townie Modified Doctor)
became a Tree Stump Day 4

Day 5 will begin momentarily.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #341 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:50 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"To my surprise, those heavy lips spit out human speech instead of white smoke. But it moved very slowly, after a while it started to say some things I never expected.

"My mission_____ to observe________ This is______ a place_____ where time.... moves slowly. Temperature____ very humid."

That voice sounded extremely drowsily it's almost deathly. The color of that tone is comparable to those old monotone films that are full of sepia flakes by now.

She moved her gaze away from me.

"___ This time...... no mistake.... you.... will____"

I can't understand anything she said. This situation seems to have overlapped with my memories. But what's this similar yet different déjà vu like feeling?

"____ I'm ____"

She continued slowly.

"Kuyoh ____"

Just when I wanted to ask how to spell that.

"Suou ___"

"Ah?"

So it's Kuoh Suyo?

"....___ Suou ____ Kuyoh ____"

What? Which is it? Is her head short of at least 5 gears or something? "

The Count of Monte Cristo:

Town: 3

Alpha Mafia: 0

Beta Mafia: 2

Serial Killer: 0

Why yes, Count of Monte Cristo *has* traditionally been a Dreams of Reality 1-shot ability in my Mind Screw games. It should be getting fairly obvious what's going on. - Tar

The Eighteenth Vote Count (aka the "Day of Sagittarius III" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not Voting (5): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not FoSing (5): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:

The only thing amiss with the vote count is that big fat Count of Monte Cristo at the top.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #367 (isolation #35) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:46 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"I adjusted my gaze away from the face of the time traveler of similar origin as Asahina-san – the face that would not be able to bring any benefit to my eyes no matter how I look at it.

"Make this short and simple."

I tried to sound as serious as possible. But all I got in return is a cold laugh from the time traveler. How infuriating.

"Why don't you give us your name first?"

If you remained as an anonymous time traveler guy all the time, my perception of you would only become worse.

Facing my second round of staring attacks, the guy with the face full of sarcastic expressions produced a voice that I had awaited for two months.

"Names are just a sign of acquaintance."

That ridiculing tone is no different from the one in my memory. He shifted his body for a bit, seemingly uneasy.

"I don't mind whatever you all call me. There is no purpose to that at all. That is just like you people changing Asahina Mikuru to Asahina Michiru. Totally pointless."

What a lover for negative sentences. I should have given my sister a ticket of approval and let her come along. Just a sentence or two from this guy is enough to bring one's emotions to the bottom of the pit. And how could Asahina-san be pointless?

"Although you said that." Sasaki said to that fellow. "At this time and age, even if it isn't a real name, a salutation would help to make things easier. Even a governmental position or a status, for an ancient Japanese imperial guard or a governmental representative, that kind will do. Just tell Kyon."

"Fujiwara."

The time traveler unexpectedly replied."

Veerus's V/LA is noted. Prodding Seraphim. You have one day to convince me not to fail you on the deadline review. - Tar

The Nineteenth Vote Count (aka the "Which of These Gods Is the Same as the Other" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (2) - veerus, malthusis
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not Voting (3): Seraphim, Percy, Trumpet of Doom

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (1) - Percy
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not FoSing (5): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:
Last edited by Tarhalindur on Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #377 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

The Very Special Mod Scene

May I have your attention people.

There is an action that you, as the players, must do in the next twelve hours.

If you do not, the events of the game will become impossibly twisted upon themselves. Rocks will fall and everyone will die.

The countdown begins now.

Tick Tock, Tick Tock...
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #396 (isolation #37) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:34 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

The "Percy Forgot Something" Mod Scene

I have only three words to say to you. Those words are:

Check the date.
:P
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #409 (isolation #38) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:47 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"After Koizumi pointed out the important points,

"And then, how did you explain it to Tsuruya-san? Said they were twins? Is it possible she believed it?"

"I think both worked."

"I suppose. It's because the other person's Tsuruya-san."

He said it very naturally. Who the devil is Tsuruya-san? That cheery Senpai seems like she knows everything, yet keeps a subtle distance between us and her.

"My superiors told me not to harm Tsuruya-san."

Koizumi then seriously said,

"She actually has nothing to do with this. Originally she wasn't supposed to come into contact with us, but something went wrong somewhere, and we met each other. You could say, 'good job, Suzumiya-san'."

Where did it start to go wrong? When Tsuruya-san ended up in Asahina-san's class? Or when we got her to play baseball with us?

"We do not inhibit her, and vice versa, she does not interfere with what we do. That's the deal the Tsuruya family and the 'Organization' have going on right now."

Don't just calmly say something so surprising. "
- The Intrigues of Haruhi Suzumiya

The Twentieth Vote Count (aka the "Nyoro~" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (3) - veerus, malthusis, Trumpet of Doom

Not Voting (1): Percy

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (1) - Percy
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
9) Percy (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not FoSing (5): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:

Hey look, I don't have to bother with the Deadline Review. It is now Twilight. Send in actions quickly, please!
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #411 (isolation #39) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:00 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Day 5/Beginning of Day 6

After a short burst of discussion and a small prank by the men in black, you decide that the highly-suspected Percy needs to be hung.

"No, guys, this is totally a mistake. The town's going to lose now!" he says before he croaks.

Well, let's see about that, shall we? Time to head up to Percy's room to see who he really was.

Turns out, it's not too hard to figure out who he was. The first clue is the deed to the mansion you're in, just sitting out in plain sight. Those of you who remember the SOS-dan's end of year trip realize that he's got to be Tsuruya, wealthy unofficial seventh member of the SOS-dan.

The second clue is the "How to Be a Beta Mafioso" packet sitting out on his desk.

Hmm. Three down, one to go. You head back downstairs and run a headcount...

Nobody is missing? Again? How odd.

Time for the official report on Percy, straight from the men in black:

Percy:

The nerve of these men in black, bringing you to this place, nyoro~? Don't they know that you are the heir of a very important family, nyoro~? And telling you to kill people, nyoro~?

An official government order? You guess you'll just have to play along, nyoro~...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Tsuruya
, the mysterious heir of an important family... yet despite your family's influence you still are being forced to work with a partner to kill everyone else in this place.

You are a
Beta Mafia Copier

Factional Abilities:

[REDACTED]

Passive Abilities:

Mirror, Mirror
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any targeted action that targets you on the chosen day will be redirected back to its origin.
(Lynches aren't targeted.)

Active Abilities:

Copy
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. You will copy every protection, kill, investigation, and special action that targets that player on that day to its origin.
(For example, if you target a player and that player is Cop investigated, you will then investigate the Cop, with results based on the Cop's own sanity.)

Your kill method is "shot".

Please confirm via return PM with the day that Mirror, Mirror will resolve.
9) Percy, Tsuruya, Beta Mafia Copier, Lynched Day 5

Day 6 will begin momentarily.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #412 (isolation #40) » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:06 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

"My dominoes of misfortune had begun to fall down, and I was the one who pushed the first block.

You see, when Haruhi sits quietly in her seat, she looks just like a normal, cute girl. After all, I was supposed to sit right in front of her, and I just thought I might as well get close to her. I actually believed this would work. How naïve of me. Someone, please, beat some sense into me.

Of course, I started the conversation with that incident.

"Hey."

I turned my head around, with that casual smile all over my face.

"The stuff you said in your intro, how much of it was serious?"

With her arms crossed in front of her chest, lips sealed tight, Suzumiya Haruhi kept her stern posture, staring right into my eyes.

"What 'stuff in my intro?'"

"The stuff about the aliens and all that."

"Are you an alien?"

She looked quite serious.

"... No, but-"

"If you are not, then, what do you want from me?"

"... No, nothing."

"Then, don't talk to me. You're wasting my time."

Her glare was so cold that I found myself stuttering "sorry" in reaction, even before realizing it myself. Suzumiya Haruhi then removed the glare from me disdainfully, and started to frown at the blackboard.

I was going to whip back a line or two, but, I couldn't think of anything good to say. Thankfully, at that moment, the homeroom teacher came into the classroom, and I was saved.

Feeling lost, I turned my head back to my desk. Then, I noticed that several classmates were looking at me with a look of great interest on their faces. After I stared back at them, however, I noticed that they all had the same expression on their faces as though they were about to say, "No wonder." Some even nodded at me in sympathy.

This somehow made me feel annoyed! But, later on, I came to know that all those guys were East Junior High graduates. "

Beta Mafia: 1

The Twenty-First Vote Count (aka the "Still No Beta Mafia Kill?" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
6) veerus (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (0)

Not Voting (4): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)

Not FoSing (4): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:
April 16, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
April 10, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

The original rule regarding activity (Rule 16) has been overriden by a new rule. See the Rules Post for details.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #433 (isolation #41) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:23 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

As I informed veerus earlier, he has until the end of the day (*MAYBE* until the end of tomorrow) to post or he will be replaced. I'll line up a replacement later today, at any rate. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #457 (isolation #42) » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Working on that replacement, folks. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #461 (isolation #43) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

"However, before having the hotpot party, I still had to dress up in a reindeer costume and provide some sort of entertaining performance. You can't even imagine how it feels to have to think of what the show would include.

'Yare yare!'

The sigh of depression that I sealed away just last month, had once again come out of my mouth. Now don't be so picky! They may sound the same, but what I say may have different meanings if you interpret it differently.

I gave myself an excuse for reusing this phrase, while jotting a must-do predetermined event down in the diary in my head.

This predetermined event was something I had to do if I wanted to continue staying in this world.

I have to find a time in the near future to go back and restore the world.

As I approached the club room, I could smell the food coming to my nose. That was enough to make me full. Where did this sense of satisfaction come from? I was supposed to go back to pick up the mess some time later, yet I was already feeling so satisfied before I even made my move. Now wasn't I a bit too easy to satisfy!?

Ah well, it's not too bad. Before then,

There was still time. The one in charge of the operation would be the me in the future, though it was neither the me from the distant future, nor the me from the next moment.

I grabbed the doorknob of the Literature Club room and asked the world a question,

Hey, mind if you wait for a while? Before I go back to have you restored, can you just wait a little longer?

At least......

Until after I've tried out Haruhi's hotpot. It shouldn't be too late to go after that, right? "
- The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya

Beta Mafia: 0

The Twenty-Second Vote Count (aka the "Still No Beta Mafia Kill?" Vote Count)

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (3) - Trumpet of Doom, Seraphim, veerus
6) veerus (0)
10) Trumpet of Doom (1) - malthusis

Not Voting (0):

FoS Count

1) Seraphim (0)
2) malthusis (0)
5) Panzerjager (0)
6) veerus (0)

Not FoSing (4): Seraphim, malthusis, veerus, Trumpet of Doom

Current Deadline:
April 16, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)
April 10, 2009 at ~6:00 CST (GMT -6)

Lynch Count has been reached. End of Game Scene forthcoming.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #462 (isolation #44) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

End of Game Scene

The final day. The final confrontation. Only seconds after Miyoko (DrippingGoofball) went to the restroom with Seraphim and didn't come back, Malthusis is chosen as the last to die.

"You can't do this to me!" screams malthusis. "I'm Kyon's innocent sister! I'd never hurt you!"

"Uh, two problems with that," says Trumpet of Doom. "First, you're a guy. Second, I'm Kyon, and even if you were a girl I'd know straight away if you were my sister or not. You're definitely not my sister."

"I agree," says Seraphim (Mikuru). "Kyon's sister doesn't creep me out like you do."

Wait,
thinks Kyon,
Mikuru's creeped out just as much as I am? Does that mean that malthusis is really...
"I should have known! You're that sneering bastard! Die already!"

"I'm sorry I failed you," says the man known only as Fujiwara (malthusis), as he kills himself with a nearby knife.

"Wait. Who's 'you'?" say Kyon and Mikuru, nearly simultaneously.

"Ihr. Them." says Kuyoh Suoh (veerus), pointing at the men in black.

"Base, this is Agent A. Plan A has failed. Requesting authorization to begin Plan B," says an agent.

"Granted," says a mysterious voice.

"I'm sorry about this," says a representative of the men in black (Tarhalindur). "Actually, I'm more sorry about how this turned out. Those idiots were supposed to kill us for you so we could finish you off with less fuss, but they turned out to be rather stupid, so we'll have to do this the old-fashioned way. Goodbye."

The men in black draw guns and start to aim....

"I_think_not," says Kuyoh. "Time_stop."

The men in black freeze in midair.

"Reality_anchor: Kyon"

Kyon shimmers in front of you, but is apparently unchanged.

"Exile_above_the_sky: men_in_black."

The men in black now shimmer, but it's a different shimmer... an *opposite* shimmer...

"Resume_temporal_normality."

The men in black finish drawing their guns and fire... but their guns have no effect. The bullets pass straight through you, as if they had no substance...

"Exile_into_darkness: men_in_black"

The men in black fade into midair. That threat is ended... but it seems empty, somehow. Haruhi's gone... and Yuki... and Koizumi... and Sasaki... and Tsuruya... and Mikuru-

Wait a minute. Mikuru's not gone! There's a way out of this.

"Mikuru. Can you take us back in time before any of this happens?"

"I already asked. Permission was granted before I even applied. Destination coordinates are this room, about three weeks ago..."

Of course,
thinks Kyon,
this is in the past of your superiors.
"Okay, let's do it!"

Three weeks earlier, in Tokyo.

"We call this meeting of the men in black to order. Last time, we discussed the organizations known as the SOS-dan and anti-SOS-dan, and decided that termination was the best available option. Agent A has a plan for how to do thi-what the hell?! Draw your weapons!"

"Dilate_temporal_flow. Exile_into_darkness: men_in_black."

The men in black vanish from the world before they can fire, never to be seen again, and the three people who just appeared in this time frame breathe a sigh of relief.

"Okay. We're back. We'll have to get back home quickly, but other than that we should be able to just return to our old lives," says Kyon. "Though, I must say, I've wondered for a while why the world wasn't unmade when Haruhi died... or Sasaki, if you guys are somehow right about her being the real goddess..."

"You_know_that," says Kuyoh. "You_just_can't_accept_the_answer."

"Let's go home," says Mikuru.

The full list of deaths, etc.

4) forbiddanlight, Haruhi Suzumiya, Townie Dreaming God, Disappeared (removed from the game) Day 1 (Ortolan kill)
3) DrippingGoofball, Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura, Townie Modified Doctor, Run Over Day 1 (Fujiwara kill)
8) roffman, Sasaki, Townie Global Roleblocker, Poisoned Day 1 (Koizumi kill)
12) zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic), Townie Kidnapper, Lynched Day 2

7) ortolan, Ryoko Asakura, Serial Killer+, Shot Day 2 (Tsuruya kill)

11) Budja, Koizumi Itsuki, Alpha Mafia Cop, Lynched Day 3
5) Panzerjager, Yuki Nagato, Alpha Mafia Modified Jailkeeper, Lynched Day 4

9) Percy, Tsuruya, Beta Mafia Copier, Lynched Day 5

2) malthusis, Fujiwara, Beta Mafia Redirector, Lynched Day 6

-1) Tarhalindur, the men in black, ModGod (not a player in the game), Exorcised at Endgame

1) Seraphim, Mikuru Asahina, Townie Time Traveler, Survived (Vanished Day 1, returned to the game Day 4)
6) veerus, Kuyoh Suoh, Townie Phaser, Survived
10) Trumpet of Doom, Kyon, Presumably Vanilla Townie (actually Vanilla Townie), Survived (Trapped in Crystallized Spacetime Day 2, returned to the game Day 4)

The
Town
(consisting of
Seraphim
DrippingGoofball
forbiddanlight
veerus
roffman
Trumpet of Doom
, and
zwetschenwasser
) has won Suzumiya Haruhi Mafia!

Roles, Actions, etc. coming shortly.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #463 (isolation #45) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Setup

You look down at the body on the floor. You've had a similar experience before, back at that island mansion, but this time it's different. This time it's real.

You never wanted anyone to die. Not at the mansion, not in that strange blizzard, and definitely not here. But someone has died. And it looks like more are going to have to die in order to stop what has happened here. That's what the strange men in black suits say, at least.

What the hell is going on here, anyways?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Haruhi Suzumiya
, and according to Kyon you're the source of most of the strangeness that has been happening of late. Maybe you can use these powers he claims you have to help everyone out...

You are a
Townie Dreaming God

Active Abilities:

Dreams of Reality
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose the order of the following ten abilities:
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya, Lone Island Syndrome, Endless Eight, The Day of Sagittarius, Snow Mountain Syndrome, Live a Live, Where Did the Cat Go?, Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!, Wandering Shadow, and The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya
. These abilities will be added to the stack and will resolve, one at a time, at the beginning of each day until the end of the game or until all these abilities have resolved (whichever comes first).
(If you choose to send in these abilities in the order listed in this PM, then Snow Mountain Syndrome will resolve Day 1, Endless Eight will resolve Day 2, and so on. This effect will continue regardless of whether you are alive.)

Please confirm via return PM with the order in which your Dreams of Reality abilities will resolve.

Mod Notes:
- Yes, this was the source of the mysterious added effects. What, you thought that Sasaki was the only "goddess" role name with an enduring effect?
- Abilities add rules as follows...
Snow Mountain Syndrome: "Each game day will begin with a nonnegotiable deadline of 13+1d15 days in place until stated otherwise. (At the beginning of each day, I will roll a d15, add 13 to the result, and set the deadline accordingly.)"
Endless Eight: "The Vote Count will be reset at the end of each real-life week until stated otherwise."
The Day of Sagittarius: "Until further notice, each Vote Count will contain a list of the number of factions and the number of surviving players in each of those factions."
Lone Island Syndrome: "Until further notice, Rule 5 is revoked. All players will be informed of this."
Wandering Shadow:"Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal. This does NOT reset the number of successful resolutions of the Dreams of Reality ability.)
Where Did the Cat Go?: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal.)
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, all players must post once every 48 hours. A player who violates this rule will be prodded. If a player is prodded 5 times, they will be replaced."
Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!: "Until further notice, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Student Council President (King) who will then decide which player should be lynched."
The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, votes count as FoS'es and FoS'es count as votes."
Live a Live: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (This effectively wipes previous player modifications to the rules, new rules additions function as normal.)
How amusing. A game to the death, and the men in black suits tell you that you've been chosen to be one of the killers. Looks like you won't have much choice in the matter.

Haruhi can't have caused this. She would never want SOS-dan members to start killing their own. That poses the question, however: who are these black-suited men, and what do they want?

Such questions, however, seem to be reserved for people with a more distant perspective. You sigh and turn to Yuki. Time to get to work.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Koizumi Itsuki
, and you have been tasked by a mysterious organization with killing everyone else on this island... with a little help, of course.

You are an
Alpha Mafia Cop

Factional Abilities:

Alpha Mafioso
- You are a member of the Alpha Mafia. Your fellow Alpha Mafioso is
Yuki Nagato
, the
, played by
PLAYERNAME 2
. Each day, you may consult with your fellow Mafioso and decide to kill a player (the Mafia must specify which Mafioso is making the kill).
Mafia Falseclaim
- At any time, you may send me an ability (or set of abilities) and a role name. If you do, I will make a fake role PM for you using the given name and abilities at the earliest possible opportunity. This is a Rapid Action - Special. You may use this ability any number of times.

Passive Abilities:

Stealth Mode
- Each day, if you are not using any active abilities and are not making the Alpha Mafia kill, you are immune to the first normal killing action that would target you that day.

Active Abilities:

Investigate
- Each twilight, you may target a player. You will learn your target's alignment.

Your kill method is "poisoned".

Apparently, they figured it out. When those black-suited men brought you to this island, they said that they were sure you were a slider.

They were right, of course. You are a slider. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like your sliding abilities are going to get you out of this... game... the men in black have forced you into.

They might, however, let you win this twisted game... or die trying...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Miyoko "Miyokichi" Yoshimura
, and in this timeline you're the slider that everyone has been looking for.

You are a
Townie Modified Doctor

Active Abilities:

Find Alternate
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. If that player is killed by an ability that day, instead that player will be replaced by an alternate-universe counterpart (replacement player).
(In effect, you are a modified Doctor, in the same sense that the Replaceable Townie role from Mind Screw II is a modified Kill-Immune Townie.)

Amidst the dance, new voices. Men stand around you, before a coffin, bearing robes and scythe.

You must become death? Why? How can these men force you to become as they wish?

Why must you kill those you care for? Those you love?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Yuki Nagato
, the SOS-dan's resident Living Humanoid Interface... and you've been selected by the men in black to be an architect of this destruction.

You are an

Factional Abilities:

Alpha Mafioso
- You are a member of the Alpha Mafia. Your fellow Alpha Mafioso is
Koizumi Itsuki
, the
Alpha Mafia Cop
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
. Each day, you may consult with your fellow Mafioso and decide to kill a player (the Mafia must specify which Mafioso is making the kill).
Mafia Falseclaim

Passive Abilities:

Catch and Release
- If at any time there are two or more players removed from the game with Stasis Cell, you MUST choose all but one of those players. Each player chosen in this way will be returned to the game.

Active Abilities:

Stasis Cell
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself and choose a number of days. If there are no players currently removed from the game with Stasis Cell, then the targeted player will be removed from the game for the chosen number of days or until you die, whichever comes first; when this happens, the removed player will be returned to the thread alive. Removing a player from the game with Stasis Cell does NOT reveal any role information (role name, alignment, abilities, etc.) about that player. Be warned, however, that the mechanism behind this ability is extremely distinctive.
(A player who is removed from the game cannot post, vote, FoS, or use abilities, cannot be lynched or killed, and does not count towards any factional win condition.)

Your kill method is "deleted".

Mod Note:
- Flavor is taken from the unanimated short story Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody; the flavor presented when Stasis Cell is used should make it obvious what ability is being used.
Sometimes you really wish that your superiors could tell you what is going to happen in the past.

Take now, for instance. You've been dragged off by men in black and told that you have to kill people you know. What is this, some sick twisted game for the enjoyment of the masses? Some Battle Royale scenario?

What's a time traveller to do right now? Well... you do seem to have unrestricted TPDD clearance...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Mikuru Asahina
, the SOS-dan's resident agent of the future.

You are a
Townie Time Traveller

Passive Abilities:

Backtrack
- You may talk with all dead players via PM at any time.
Emergency Temporal Shift
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). The first time you would leave play, you will instead leave the game and return on the selected day. Be warned - if you try to escape death by travelling into the past, you will die as part of the shift. Removing yourself from the game with Emergency Temporal Shift does NOT reveal any role information (role name, alignment, abilities, etc.) about you.

Active Abilities:

Dead Man Talking
- Once during the game, during twilight, you may target a dead player. If this ability resolves, then that player will be able to talk in the thread (but not vote) as long as you are alive.

Please confirm via return PM with the day that you will shift to with Emergency Temporal Shift.
"Nandeyanen? What the hell? Who are these men in black suits? Why are they making me kill people I know and care for? Why is a perfectly ordinary person like me in all this mess? Why are you doing this, Haruhi? I never thought that you would actually want to kill someone..."

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kyon
, the one normal person (to the best of your knowledge) in the SOS-dan.

You are a
Presumably Vanilla Townie
. To the best of your knowledge, you have no special abilities.
(You can try to send in an action if you wish. I make no guarantees as to whether or not you actually have an ability and/or what any ability you might have does.)

Mod Notes: What do you know - he really is a vanilla townie (the only vanilla, for flavor reasons).
Why are these men in suits bringing you, an ordinary mortal introvert, to this distant mansion? Why are they telling you to kill people? Is it to cull the herd? Humanity has probably overgrown the planet's carrying capacity, after all. Is it for entertainment? Blood sport is popular even now, but aren't wrestling and American football more than enough to sate the masses' thirst for gladiators?

Or, just maybe, is this due to the strange, godlike power that Kyoko claimed you have?

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Sasaki
, a middle-school friend of Kyon's (who some people have started to claim is a god).

You are a
Townie Global Roleblocker

Active Abilities:

Global Roleblock
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any non-lynch action that would resolve during the chosen game day instead fails to resolve, regardless of whether you are alive.
Endure
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any game action, including lynches, that would resolve targeting you on the chosen game day will instead resolve on the next game day.
(This ability will fail to resolve if you die before the chosen day, for hopefully obvious reasons.)

You may choose different days for your abilities.
(i.e, you may have Global Roleblock resolve on Day 1 and Endure resolve on Day 3 if you so choose)
You may also choose to have your abilities resolve on the same day, if you so wish.

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Global Roleblock and Endure will resolve.
I am dead. Or am I alive? The mortal shell means nothing so long as the mind endures.

I see strange men. They ask me to help them. Ask me to help kill others. Why should I not help them? The mere concept of death is nothing to me. The collection of data is all that matters...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Ryoko Asakura
, the Humanoid Interface that once tried to kill Kyon.

You are the
Serial Killer+

Factional Abilities:

Serial Killer Falseclaim
Serial Killer Safeclaim
- You know that
Kimidori Emiri
and
Future Mikuru Asahina
are not in the game and are safeclaims for you. Be warned: Role name is not an absolute determinant of alignment in this game. You may be better served by claiming your true rolename.
Slice and Dice
- Each day, you may target a player. You will remove that player from the game. This is a Rapid Action and serves as your Serial Killer kill.
(This ability resolves immediately upon receipt. Players who are removed from the game are NOT affected by Rule 9 - their full role name will be revealed as normal, but no additional information will be provided.)

Passive Abilities:

Your RFG method is "disappeared".

The nerve of these men in black, bringing you to this place, nyoro~? Don't they know that you are the heir of a very important family, nyoro~? And telling you to kill people, nyoro~?

An official government order? You guess you'll just have to play along, nyoro~...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Tsuruya
, the mysterious heir of an important family... yet despite your family's influence you still are being forced to work with a partner to kill everyone else in this place.

You are a
Beta Mafia Copier

Factional Abilities:

Beta Mafioso
- You are a member of the Beta Mafia. Your fellow Beta Mafioso is
Fujiwara
, the
Beta Mafia Redirector
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
Mafia Falseclaim

Passive Abilities:

Mirror, Mirror
- At the beginning of the game, you MUST choose a game day (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, etc.). Any targeted action that targets you on the chosen day will be redirected back to its origin.
(Lynches aren't targeted.)

Active Abilities:

Copy
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. You will copy every protection, kill, investigation, and special action that targets that player on that day to its origin.
(For example, if you target a player and that player is Cop investigated, you will then investigate the Cop, with results based on the Cop's own sanity.)

Your kill method is "shot".

Please confirm via return PM with the days that Mirror, Mirror will resolve.
Temporal flow slow as always___communication indicated to be 78% accurate___sending situation to Canopy Domain for analysis___awaiting orders.

Sky Canopy Domain orders received___preserve yourself____preserve other nonhostiles___use sealed reality to protect as needed.

Initializing protocols now.

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kuyoh Suoh
, a humanoid interface constructed by the Sky Canopy Domain.

You are a
Townie Phaser

Passive Abilities:

Null Phase
- You may target players with phased as though they were unphased, and vice versa.
Closed Circle
- As long as you are in the game, players with phase counters have protection from nonphased and players without phase counters have protection from phased.
(If a player without a phase counter would use an ability on a player with a phase counter, that ability fails to resolve, and vice versa. This effect lasts as long as you are alive.)

Reality Anchor
- As long as you are in the game, if a player has two phase counters on him or her, all phase counters will be removed from that player.
End of Line
- When you die, all phase counters will be removed from all players.

Active Abilities:

Exile Above the Sky
- Each day, you may target a player other than yourself. You will place a phase counter on that player.
(This ability resolves as a roleblock.)

Just what are these men in black, anyways? They come out of nowhere, abduct you from your school, and bring you here to this lonely mansion. Then they tell you that there is a corruption amongst you and that the only way to eliminate it is to kill each other. If there's really a corruption, why can't they deal with it themselves?

You can't lose sight of your priority, though. You must protect the goddess - the real goddess - at any cost. You might as well try to protect everyone else, too - maybe you can get on the SOS-dan's good side that way...

PLAYERNAME
. You are
Kyoko Tachibana
, the organizer of the mirror SOS-dan that surrounds Sasaki.

You are a
Townie Kidnapper

Active Abilities:

Kidnap
- Each twilight, you may target a player other than yourself. Any non-roleblock normal action that player uses will fail to resolve, and any non-roleblock normal action that targets that player that day will fail to resolve. However, any ability that targets you will be copied to the kidnapped player.
(In effect, you're a reverse super-Hider who doesn't die upon hiding a scum.)

You actually rather like these men in black. Their methods are somewhat... distasteful and unelegant, but this game they've forced you into might just succeed in creating a future where time travel cannot exist. That's what you've wanted all along, after all.

Naturally, when they asked you to kill everyone else in the room, you were glad to help out. If only your (rather cute) partner wasn't so unenthusiastic about it...

PLAYERNAME
. You are the time traveler known as
Fujiwara
(or, as certain less-generous people have called you, "that sneering bastard"), and you're overjoyed to have been selected by the men in black as an architect of death and sorrow in this forsaken place.

You are a
Beta Mafia Redirector
. You have the following special ability.

Factional Abilities:

Beta Mafioso
- You are a member of the Beta Mafia. Your fellow Beta Mafioso is
Tsuruya
, the
Beta Mafia Copier
played by
PLAYERNAME 2
Mafia Falseclaim
Mafia Safeclaim
- You know that
Kyon's Sister
is not in the game and is a safeclaim for you. Be warned: Role name is not an absolute determinant of alignment in this game. You may be better served by claiming your true rolename.

Active Abilities:

Redirect
- Each day, you may target a player and a second player. Any non-roleblock action the first player uses and any non-roleblock action that targets the first player will be redirected to the second player. You may target yourself with this ability. The Beta Mafia kill is NOT affected by this ability.

Your kill method is "run over".

Mod Note: If Slice and Dice targets the first player, the roleblock component will resolve as normal but the kill component will be redirected to the second player.

Ability Resolution Order:

Twilight Actions:
Special Actions (Yuki's Stasis Cell, Mikuru's Dead Man Talking)
Investigations (Koizumi's Investigate)
Kills (Mafia kills)
Protections (Miyoko's Find Alternate)
Redirects (Tsuruya's Copy, Fujiwara's Redirect)
Untargetability (none)
Roleblocks (Kuyoh's phasing ability, Kyoko's Kidnap)
Global Redirects (none)
Global Roleblocks (none that resolve at twilight)

Rapid Actions:
Ryoko's Slice and Dice

Beginning of Day Actions (actions that occur on days specified at game start):
Special Actions (Haruhi's Dreams of Reality, Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift - delayed trigger only)
Redirects (Tsuruya's Mirror, Mirror)
Roleblocks (Sasaki's Endure)
Global Roleblocks (Sasaki's Global Roleblock)

Abilities with the same priority resolve simultaneously (this is how I've always resolved the "roleblockers block each other" and "redirectors redirect each other" issue - roleblockers can't be roleblocked (or redirected, for that matter) barring a global effect, and redirectors can't redirect each other).

Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift is a replacement effect and doesn't use the stack (it simply modifies how the first kill targeting her resolves). As such, Mikuru's ETS cannot be roleblocked or otherwise modified. The delayed trigger it sets up, however (return to game) can be roleblocked (so if Mikuru Shifts to the day Sasaki activated Global Roleblock, Mikuru will simply be removed from the game forever).

Order of beginning of day actions other than Global Roleblock shouldn't matter - unless I'm forgetting something, they have no effect on each other.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #464 (isolation #46) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Action List:

Day 1:

- Seraphim lynched (Mikuru)

- Haruhi uses The Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, votes count as FoS'es and FoS'es count as votes."
- Alpha Mafia sends Budja to kill roffman (Sasaki)
- Beta Mafia sends malthusis to kill DrippingGoofball (Miyokichi)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's forbiddanlight (Haruhi Suzumiya)
- Miyokichi uses Find Alternate targeting afatchic (fails, Closed Circle)
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting DrippingGoofball (fails, kills resolve before investigations)
- Koizumi does not have immunity against first kill targeting him today
- Mikuru cannot use Dead Man Talking
- Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift replaces lynch (depletes)
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting Percy with duration 4 days (fails, Closed Circle + Kidnap)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity
- Kyon has no special abilities
- Sasaki has no normal active abilities
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting afatchic (fails, Closed Circle)
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting afatchic (Kyoko), copied to Panzerjager (Yuki)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting Panzerjager (succeeds)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis (Fujiwara), roffman (Sasaki)

Day 2:

- zwetschenwasser (rep. afatchic) lynched (Kyoko)

- Haruhi uses Endless Eight: "The Vote Count will be reset at the end of each real-life week until stated otherwise."
- All actions that target Sasaki today (including lynches) are delayed to Day 3
- All actions that target Tsuruya (Percy) today will be redirected to their origin
- Alpha Mafia sends Panzerjager to kill Percy (reflected to Panzerjager, prevented by Panzerjager's Regenerate Data Interface)
- Beta Mafia sends Percy to kill ortolan (succeeds, Regenerate Data Interface previously depleted)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's Percy (reflected to ortolan, prevented by Ortolan's Regenerate Data Interface)
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting veerus
- Koizumi does not have immunity against first kill targeting him today
- Mikuru is removed from the game
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting Trumpet of Doom with duration 8 days (resolves)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity (used preventing reflected Alpha Mafia kill)
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity (used preventing reflected Serial Killer kill)
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting veerus
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting Panzerjager (triggers Reality Anchor due to D1 actions)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting veerus (fails, Kyoko is lynched)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, Seraphim (fails, illegal second target)

Day 3 (note: I didn't bother waiting for actions this day, due to Global Roleblock):

- Budja lynched (Koizumi)

- Haruhi uses Lone Island Syndrome: "Until further notice, Rule 5 is revoked. All players will be informed of this." (roleblocked, thank the gods)
- Sasaki uses Global Roleblock
- Alpha Mafia sends ??? to kill ??? (roleblocked)
- Beta Mafia sends ??? to kill ??? (roleblocked)
- Ryoko Asakura RFG's ??? (roleblocked)
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi uses Investigate targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Koizumi ??? immunity against first kill targeting him today (roleblocked)
- Mikuru is removed from the game
- Yuki uses Stasis Cell targeting ??? with duration ??? days (roleblocked)
- Yuki has 1 kill immunity (roleblocked)
- Kyon has no special abilities (roleblocked)
- Sasaki has no normal active abilities (roleblocked)
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity (roleblocked)
- Tsuruya uses Copy targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Kyoko uses Kidnap targeting ??? (roleblocked)
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting ???, ??? (roleblocked)

Day 4:

- Panzerjager lynched (Koizumi)

- Haruhi uses Where Did the Cat Go?: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game."
- Mikuru reappears on this day (Emergency Temporal Shift)
- Alpha Mafia fails to kill
- Beta Mafia sends malthusis to kill veerus (fails, Closed Circle)
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru uses Dead Man Talking targeting DrippingGoofball (succeeds)
- Mikuru's Emergency Temporal Shift is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Ryoko has 1 kill immunity
- Tsuruya fails to use Copy
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting malthusis
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting Percy, veerus (fails, phased out)

Day 5:

- Percy lynched (Tsuruya)

- Haruhi uses The Day of Sagittarius: "Until further notice, each Vote Count will contain a list of the number of factions and the number of surviving players in each of those factions."
- Alpha Mafia is dead
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru's Dead Man Talking is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Sasaki is dead
- Ryoko is dead
- Tsuruya is dead
- Kuyoh uses Exile Above the Sky targeting Trumpet of Doom
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, Trumpet of Doom (succeeds, both phased out, but no abilities target Fujiwara)

Day 6:

- malthusis lynched (Fujiwara)

- Haruhi uses The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya: "Until further notice, all players must post once every 48 hours. A player who violates this rule will be prodded. If a player is prodded 5 times, they will be replaced."
- Alpha Mafia is dead
- Ryoko Asakura is dead
- Miyokichi is dead
- Koizumi is dead
- Mikuru's Dead Man Talking is depleted
- Yuki is dead
- Ryoko is dead
- Tsuruya is dead
- Kuyoh does not use Exile Above the Sky
- Kyoko is dead
- Fujiwara uses Redirect targeting malthusis, veerus (fails, phased out)

Day 7:

- Haruhi uses Live a Live: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 8:

- Haruhi uses Wandering Shadow: "Until further notice, the base rules are the only applicable rules in this game." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 9:

- Haruhi uses Editor in Chief? Straight Ahead!: "Until further notice, instead of lynching a player, players cast votes to elect a Student Council President (King) who will then decide which player should be lynched." (fails, game over)
- Game Over

Day 10:

- Haruhi uses Snow Mountain Syndrome: "Each game day will begin with a nonnegotiable deadline of 13+1d15 days in place until stated otherwise. (At the beginning of each day, I will roll a d15, add 13 to the result, and set the deadline accordingly.)" (fails, game over)
- Game Over
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #483 (isolation #47) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:48 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mod Notes should be up later tonight. - Tar
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #484 (isolation #48) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:58 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Mod Notes:

This setup boiled down to three main themes: 1) try out some of my zaniest role ideas, 2) try out roles whose choices are decided at game start, and 3) troll for Scummy nominations with cool roles. There was a grand total of one role I can think of that *didn't* have a twist (Kyon, of course).

Probably the most interesting thing about the setup was that - with the exception of one role (I'll get to that shortly) - the setup was designed so that any role could fit any alignment, to such an extent that I assigned alignments AFTER I decided what ability would go with each role name (again, with one exception).

I'm quite pleased with how most of the roles and game turned out.

Note on balance for those of you complaining about 7-2-2-1: Town won this game despite being outnumbered from D2 to D4 and mislynching THREE times (Seraphim, zwetschenwasser, Panzerjager*), though they required an absurdly lucky series of events to have a chance as late as they did (Global Roleblock D3 preventing any Prisoner's Dilemma shenanigans), Mikuru returning D4, Panzerjager's lynch returning Trumpet of Doom, and veerus successfully phasing the less obvious Beta Mafioso AND blocking the Beta Mafia kill D4). I think Mafia had a fair chance here - Town would have been doomed if Percy hadn't been such a kill magnet D2, for starters - but lost due to a combination of the Alpha Mafia self-destructing and the Beta Mafia getting outconfirmed.

* - The only way the Day 4 lynch makes sense to me is if players thought there were three Alpha Mafiosos.

My impression is that all players with the possible exception of Ortolan (who just got unlucky, IMO) were mediocre at best. The D1 Seraphim lynch nearly wound up costing the town the game, the D2 zwet lynch was uninspired (I distinctly remember it being more town-driven than it should have been). On the other hand, Panzer's play D3 and self-destruct D4 were both awful, as was malthusis's claim (if he had either claimed that he hadn't received a phase counter or that he was targetable, he might have had a shot).

Role Notes:

Haruhi:
Well, she's a Dreaming God. Obviously - the flavor has fit since Mind Screw 1, people. The twist was that, as a potential goddess, it would take more than killing her to shut her ability down (also part of the "choose ability at start of game" subtheme).

Miyoko:
Yet another of my protective role variants with the "the Mafia can silence the protected player, but not the protected role" feature (though I've become more lax on that over time due to how hard it can be to find replacements).

Mikuru:
A bulletproof variant I've been wanting to try out for a while - you survive the kill, but you don't come back for a while. It also fits in nicely with a "choose actions at game start" theme.

Mikuru's one of the roles I *really* liked the flavor on (more than usual for this setup) - all of her abilities are easily understood in terms of time travel (traveling back in time to talk to dead players, bringing a dead player back from the moment before their death to talk for a while, and literal time travel).

Kyon:
There were two things I knew when I made the setup. One, Kyon would be in the game. Two, Kyon would be vanilla (there's speculation that he may be the true source of the god power, but the show flavor made it blatantly obvious that he needed to be vanilla). The "presumably vanilla townie" was just to lead the player away from this conclusion.

Sasaki:
The flavor here is that Sasaki has a very strong and very static sense of herself (for those of you who watched the Haruhi anime - she has a Closed Space like Haruhi, but hers doesn't change, and I'm not saying much more about that) - it wasn't that far of a leap to "deny change", which is the flavorful basis behind both of her abilities. Why did her global roleblock ability resolve after death? Well... that's a spoiler. Let's just say the reason is rather similar to the reason why Haruhi's Dreams of Reality resolved after death...

Kuyoh:
My favorite role from the original setup (the other candidate was changed very late). The concept behind this role is had to explain, but I'll give it a shot: it's as if there are two locations, and they're so far apart that if a player in one player tries to target a player in the other location, they just can't get there to use their action. Given this, Kuyoh has the ability to shift players between locations. (It's a very simple mental picture, but EXTREMELY hard to put into words.)

The role's also very flavorful, but I won't say more because there are spoilers in those waters.

Note on anti-SOS being town: I always intended to have townies from both groups, as it made setup-breaking harder.

Kyoko:
The original concept behind this role was very simple - it's a reverse Hider (the becomes untargetable variant). Originally, it just made the target untargetable and copied all actions targeting Kyoko to the target - the roleblocking function was added during the review stage, due to a combination of Kinetic's insistence and better flavor.

Again, very flavorful role, but also spoileriffic.

Koizumi:
When I planned this setup out, I knew Koizumi was the only character that was going to be an investigative role (flavor pretty much required it). When I chose which roles would be Mafia, I decided that, given how much the town emphasized protective roles, it was only fitting to make Koizumi (the only investigative role) Mafia to give him an easy hole to hide in... well, okay, that and that he was the most obvious SOS-dan member to make scum.

The kill-prevent was added late in review, when I decided the Alpha Mafia was too vulnerable to kills.

Yuki:
Again, a role I simply love. The original concept was that she's a Jailkeeper that protects her target for a predefined length of time (for one day or for many), at the price of removing that player from the game. When I assigned Mafia alignment to roles, I realized just how useful this ability could be as a Mafia bonus kill, and so Yuki (pretty much my favorite non-Kyon character in the series, with the possible exception of Sasaki) became a Mafioso. The Regenerate Data Interface ability was added at the same time that Koizumi's shield was added, and for the same reason.

Tsuruya:
Tsuruya was a hard role to pick an ability for, because she's so enigmatic. I eventually decided on Copier (because I like the role) with a limited-shot Mirror (Tsuruya using her family's position to avoid harm). Tsuruya's Mirror, Mirror was originally two-shot, but I nerfed it before review for balance reasons. Tsuruya became Mafia because I wanted a character outside either SOS-dan to be Mafia, and I wasn't going to make Ryoko Mafia (see below).

Fujiwara:
Fujiwara is an odd redirector, with huge amounts of potential. He can deflect abilities away from a player (originally any other player, but I changed that when I made him Mafia) OR he can play like a normal redirector... or both, if he's good enough at manipulating.

Fujiwara was the last role name selected to be Mafia (SK doesn't count here...), mainly because I decided that I'd rather Kyoko be town than him. I'd apologize, but he is a bit of a bastard.

Ryoko Asakura:
THE role with the oddest history in the setup, yet one of the roles I'm most proud of.

You know all those comments that "Tarhalindur wouldn't give us a 7-2-2-1 setup"? Those were unusually funny to me, because originally this WASN'T a 7-2-2-1 setup. It was 8-2-2, and Ryoko was an odd Vig variant (vigiblocker - roleblock a player, then kill that player) with a scummy role name ("how could Ryoko be town?").

This changed when Kinetic complained to no end that there was no scum role with an unrestricted kill (which he found unbalancing) to such an extent that I gave in. I considered shifting Ryoko to Vigicultist briefly before I remembered that most of the protective roles also granted untargetability or roleblocked. That's when I decided to try Ryoko as a rapidkilling SK who removed her target from the game instead of killing (bypassed all kill blocks except the bulletproofs (including Mikuru), Tsuruya's Mirror (which eventually did in ortolan), and Global Roleblock). I decided to give Ryoko a single kill shield (I don't like SKs with no crosskill protection at all and like bulletproof vest on them) - usefully, I could use the same flavor for her that I did for Yuki - but nothing else, making Ryoko a glass cannon.

Watching the confusion and panic ortolan caused with his forbiddanlight kill was hilarious. Watching ortolan ram his kill into Tsuruya's Mirror... and thus into his own kill shield... and then get Beta Mafia killed was painful.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”