Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Huh, that's cool

FoS: Tarhalindur

Malty, you forgot the first rule of Tar games :P.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #9 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:42 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Since Tar is providing sources this game, it appears I don't need to Mod Watch for each book. So, as it is the random voting phase and we don't really do anything worth while at this point, let's play Suzumiya Haruhi Book Club! Mostly the fact that I have no idea how I'm supposed to be reading the Dissociation of Haruhi Suzumiya. If anyone has gotten to that point/already read it, there seem to be two different tellings of the story, and I'm not sure if this is some sort of translator thing or something happening in the book. Any help here?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I did a quick look on wikipedia and one of the novels has 2 endings, if I'm not mistaken.
Huh, I should probably do that sometime. Ok, that's what I'm guessing happened. And this probably would be apparent if THE WHOLE NOVEL WOULD EVER GET TRANSLATED! (lazy bastards! I oughta learn Japanese and translate it myself! In fact, I will...see ya gaiz in 2 or 3 years!)

(no, not really)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:43 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

For trying to kill the mod in a game where killing the mod will probably be bad...I mean, after good things happen in three Tar games for lynching the mod, I don't thinking killing the mod would be a good thing here.
Honestly, from what I could tell about LoZ mafia, lynching the mod will have no effect except waste a lynch. I don't plan to honestly pursue that, but I have a meta to uphold.
Dude, this is a Tarhalindur game. No way is that a mistype.
Then again, Tar does have some crazy (wrong) votecounts
So anyone want to provide the cliff's notes for the story in question? I tried skimming the stuff that Tar linked to but I couldn't really follow it.
Ok, this will be spoilerific for the basic plot, so I'd advise not reading if you plan to watch the anime/read the books:

Let's see, basic idea is snarky commenter (who happens to also be our unreliable narrator) meets genki girl who is completely and utterly weird, self proclaimed to only be interested in Aliens, Espers, Time Travellers, and Sliders. The snarky commenter is Kyon, and the genki girl is Haruhi. Well, eventually Kyon ends up talking to her and somehow gives her the idea for the Saving the world by Overloading it with fun, Suzumiya Haruhi's Brigade (i.e. the SOS Dan). So, Haruhi takes over the literature club room for this thing, given the literature club's only member is a quiet young girl named Nagato Yuki. She's also an alien we find out later. Haruhi is very genre saavy, so she also kidnaps a moe second year named Asahina Mikuru. She's a time traveller. Finally, a "mysterious transfer student" arrives named Itsuki Koizumi. He's an esper. Oh, at this point I'd like to mention all three of these people are associated with groups that think to some extent that Haruhi Suzumiya is god. Yeah, it's kinna like that. Kyon is weird in that he's the only "normal" person in the brigade. Anyway, most of the first few books are about their various misadventures while advancing the plot a little bit, and the later books start to get into the various factional infighting of the groups of time travellers, espers, and aliens.

Now, since Tar says this focuses on the later novels, I suspect that we will see the characters from what amounts to the "anti-SOS brigade" in this game. And they might be bad. I'm not going to go too far with outguessing the mod though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:41 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

FoS: Budja

OMGUSFTW!

I suggest everyone have a look at the closing credits of the anime. I'm sure this is the tone that Tar is trying to set.

*dances*
The Hare Hare Yukai is probably the second most prevalent anime dance you will see people randomly do at an anime con. The first is, of course, Caramelldansen.
Doesn't FoSing to lynch mean that voting will have some entirely different effect???

Shall we test it out? Razz
I'm assuming votes are like FoS', but why not?
Vote Tarhalindur
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:59 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Jester?

Hmm, I wonder if you are the counter god proposed by the other factions...Kyon's middle school friend...I don't remember her name though.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #32 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I considered acting scummy and getting myself lynched but realized that coming out and saying it would be most useful to the town and to my credibility. I don't need to be lynched or killed today. So long as it's before day 4, the town benefits.
Wait, being killed would have done it? You shouldn't have said anything til like Day 3 then.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #37 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:21 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I was playing a worst-case scenario where we're in LYOL by day 3 and we need to lynch scum. This allows for a cushion so we're not in a dire situation right off the bat. It's kinda like a night-start game with some information at the beginning.
Fair enough. I'm still debating whether I'll join this wagon or not. It will basically deprive us of a lot of D1 information.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #40 (isolation #8) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Not really; as I said earlier, this is almost a day zero with some added benefits later on. I was thinking of doing this on day 2 but getting it out of the way as soon as possible is the best thing that can happen right now.
Ara ara...I'm really not sure what to do here. I don't like this (it's a Tar game, dammit), but I agree doing this D1 is probably the best overall.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #42 (isolation #9) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:09 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Damnit, I don't like this. But I have no arguement. If he's jester oh well. Won't the game continue though if he is?
If MS 3 is any indicator.

Ta hell with it.

Un FoS, FoS Seraphim

Unvote, Vote Seraphim

L-2 by my count. But be very careful. That could be L-1 and I miscounted. I'd like someone to check my numbers.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I understand that Seraphim wants a lynch. Maybe it will benefit us. But as far as I'm concerned, racing through a game is never good for town.
Agreed. Never said we should kill him now. But I did want to back up my words about saying it was the best play.

We can still hit Seraphim in a week, or even a day. Why is it a good reason to do it now?
Sounds fine to me.

Also, I agree Malthy deserves a glance of suspicion since my finger is otherwise engaged.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #52 (isolation #11) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

ACtually, thinking on it, L-1 is dangerous

UnFoS

I still maintain my stance, but malty just pushed it to an unacceptable range. L-2 was more reasonable.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #68 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:01 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, since we're no longer random voting, UnFoS: DGB. I refuse to commit to a D1 lynch this early, so I won't vote FoS Seraphim just yet, but I agree that if we don't have anyone better by the end of the day, we should lynch Seraphim. Still, if you people want him lynched now, then vote him now.

Alternative suspects? Malthusis is looking worst to me right now because of his eagerness to hammer, but I'm not really seeing anything else on anyone yet.
This sounds basically like a quote of Percy with different words :S...not sure what to make of this.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #74 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Killing me now will have much more benefit than mislynching a townie today. Also, when making lynches in the futures, having a night under our belts will help find falseclaims which the scum will have as they have had in almost every single Tar game.
There is no guarantee of a mislynch D1. That said, I do agree that having a lynch that will prevent a bad thing for town as compared to the usual "random" lynch D1, while not optimal, still would be better. Of course, if a clear scum suspect comes out...nyeh...actually, I'd probably still go for your lynch over them, and lynch em tomorrow :S...this is a really odd situation.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #78 (isolation #14) » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't know why everyone is so quick to assume Seraphim isn't a jester

We basically are saying if Seraphim is a jester, SCREW this, he can win, and then we'll play real mafia. I suppose perhaps given the MS III jesters, we could wait til D2, but still :S.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #82 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:56 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

... in 5 posts and less than 2 hours? You identified correctly that this move would deprive us of information, but decided to push for the lynch. You say that you were backing up your words with action - if that's the case, then great. However, you did put him at (what you thought was) L-2, which is horribly close to an early lynch. How could all this go through your mind in that time? What was the winning argument?
I considered Tar games in general, and know that sometimes he makes us sacrifice a townie to gain information. Then I considered the fact at that point we were probably not going to lynch anyone else, and the fact of the matter is if I say that I support something, I should support it. Finally, my unFoS was brought on when I realized I did bring him to L-2 with malthy's subsequent L-1, and supposed we might want some discussion, and not give the scum the ability to hammer so easily. It was a bit of a conflicting route, but basically my stance now is Seraphim needs to die before D4, possibly D1 even if obvscum appears, though I'm rethinking even THAT stance at this point, since a scum lynch might disable their powers which I assume they each have. (Tar himself said this was basically like a show off all the shiny new roles he came up with)

If we're looking at 3 scum, we'll be at 8v3 at the start of Day 2. If we mislynch, we'll be at 6v3 at the start of Day 3. Mislynch again, and we're at 4v3 - LYLO. This is a worst case scenario, and in this instance it is (probably) in our advantage to have killed Seraphim early.

If we're looking at 4 scum, we'll be at 6v4 on Day 2. Mislynch, and it's game over. Day 4 never even comes close.
If we are looking at 4 scum, we definitely have something to compensate with that would prevent that early a lylo. ESPECIALLY if we have to lynch a townie to prevent bad stuff from happening.

The point is, lynching town might not be a great idea right now. I'm totally down with killing Seraphim before Day 4, but let's start by looking for scum, yes? Otherwise we'll be two townies down on Day 2 with no info. I don't like the sounds of that at all.
What isn't considered here is that Seraphim might not be precisely townie, or town aligned.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #89 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

This isn't Mind Screw. Therefore the possibility of there being a jester is remote. Better question would be for those who are really familiar with the story to try and think if there was a character whose self-sacrifice benefited the SOS Brigade. That may substantiate Seraphim's claim.
Here's the deal, such role speculation is somewhat scummy. To be fair, I can think of 4 characters off the top of my head who could fit that bill. If you just meant wondering if there is a character, not the name, then it's not so bad.
vote: seraphim, FoS: seraphim just in case. I've come to the opinion that regardless of any other circumstances, seraphim will be the lynch for the day. If this makes him win as a jester, congrats to him. Otherwise, we are merely wasting time on debates that would be better served by having night 1 information.
L-1 already? You dislike discussion? That's more of a scummish stance...
Vote roffman
(i.e. Fos)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #91 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:42 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Your attempt to scr*w the town out of a beneficial lynch, through delaying tactics, distraction and obstructionism is noted, scumbag.
Never said I wouldn't support the Seraphim lynch. I merely said I don't want it yet. I like discussion. L-2 is very easy to make L-0. L-1 just makes it easy for scum to end discussion.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #100 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Was this before or after your bandwagon vote on him?
Are you trying to say something here? Perhaps you should make your intention clear.

As for ortolan's attempted hammer...that's...reasonably scummy. Were we not going to attempt to have some kind of discussion today? Why do days need to end not even a week after they start?

UnFos, FoS ortolan

If we decide to lynch scum today instead of Seraphim, then I'd like ort to be seriously considered for his rushing the day to an end. I'd say the same for some others, but this was the most blatant. (DGB...has a slight meta shield, to be perfectly honest)
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #104 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Which goes to show DGB isn't paying attention. I fully support the Seraphim lynch. I also support not ending the day only a few days after it begins.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #467 (isolation #20) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:38 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Good game.

I want to say one thing. I've been keeping up with the game off and on since my death, mostly on like D4 on. But I did read one post from Budja and called him as scum. Maybe it's easier as an observer, but you all should have lynched him like mad for this

Well, at least pressured him. And it appeared no one noticed at all.

That's basically it, I didn't catch anyone else and even knowing the set up screwed up the scum who were obvious in massclaim. I'm mildly irritated I didn't get to actually play. Why was I the SK kill again?
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #470 (isolation #21) » Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:51 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

na you were just someone who I didn't think I could necessarily get a good read/meta on
Oh gee, thanks. And I thought it was something like "OH, you were obvHaruhi" or "I was scared that your knowledge of the flavor would benefit town" or something like that. I may not be an easy read (and some disagree with even that), but I tend to be an easy frame.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #477 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:43 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Would this have allowed us to talk to FL?
I don't think so. At that point I was completely NOT in the game at all, my effects just kept going off.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #482 (isolation #23) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:12 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mod notes. I am interested in them.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #485 (isolation #24) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:19 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, that was fun. Anyway, did you mind me bugging you after I was killed and you gave me the set up and throwing out my WMGs?
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”