Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm

Post by Xylthixlm »

Fun things I found looking through my old games:
Xylthixlm wrote:3 days to deadline. Nobody has enough votes for a deadline lynch. I will consider anyone not voting at deadline to be voting "no lynch".
Xylthixlm wrote:Advance warning: I will consider anyone not voting one of the top three candidates at deadline to be voting "no lynch", and demand explanations accordingly.
Korejora, I'm not making an exception for you. You have been warned.
#mafia@irc.globalgamers.net

"Xyl was completely berserk" -dramonic
"Xyl's ruthless policy lynching won the game." -Vi
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:10 pm

Post by camn »

Hm.

Unvote
Vote: qwints

Korejora wrote:I don't vote commonly on
any
day, not because that's my policy, but because throwing votes around makes me feel presumptuous so I end up not doing it.
I feel fine about it.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:10 am

Post by Rogueben »

I've finished my read on the thread and ready and rearing to go. Before I give any of my opinions I want to ask a few questions of people.

@camn - How likely do you think it will be that todays lynch is based on scummy actions compared to a policy lynch?

@crywolf - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be scum?

@DGB - Yos2 commented on your playstyle as a method akin to flinging shit to see what sticks. What is currently sticking in your opinion?

@farside - Who are your top three lynch candidates? Which three players do you think think are most likely to be scum? Can you order those lists and give reasons.

@hascow - Which of the two main wagons at the moment (qwints + jebus) do you think has most value? Why?

@korejora - What is stopping you from putting your money where your mouth is and voting qwints?
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
Rogueben
Rogueben
Goon
Rogueben
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:21 am

Post by Rogueben »

[
EBWOP
]Pressed submit early[/
EBWOP
]
@qwints - Is this
qwints wrote:It was designed to illustrate that soft claiming need not be anti-town.
just a BS excuse that you came up with after the fact? Also who do you think is most scummy at the moment, who are you willing to lynch?

@sam.samhorn - Do you often refuse to read others posts? What would you do in an endgame situation with DGB and Xyl?

@scotmany12 - Which active player is most likely to be scum? Which lurker?

@Yos2 - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be
scum
?
Currently busy 7 days a week. Will post regularly though.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

Rogueben wrote:@crywolf - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be scum?
I think the soft claim is a null tell, what has made me have my vote on him is his awful posts. He has very little to say about anything in this game, other than his little soft claim.
aim:gochat?roomname=ScumChat&Exchange=5

GlorkTheInvader: GET UP ONTO SEXY ROSS'S BACK
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:56 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Rogueben wrote:@DGB - Yos2 commented on your playstyle as a method akin to flinging shit to see what sticks. What is currently sticking in your opinion?
My case on TSQ isn't sticking, much to my chagrin.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:00 am

crywolf20084 wrote:I think the soft claim is a null tell, what has made me have my vote on him is his awful posts. He has very little to say about anything in this game, other than his little soft claim.
Oh alright, I totally agree with this.

unvote, vote: qwints
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:31 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Rogueben wrote:@scotmany12 - Which active player is most likely to be scum? Which lurker
Cow for the active player. Lurker would be qwints. A simple read would have found that out.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:31 am

Post by camn »

Rogueben wrote:@camn - How likely do you think it will be that todays lynch is based on scummy actions compared to a policy lynch?
Now that you and Tar have replaced in, I think it ups the likelihood of a scumlynch over a policy lynch. We need some fresh eyes.

Honestly, though, I think that there are too many people that weren't really keeping up with the pace for a while, and that is a null tell, but makes for poor hunting. I also think there are a NUMBER of players who are too experienced to really give it away D1 if they are scum.. so we could be boxed out that way.

And personally.. I am ready for a night phase. I don't see any obvscum....I can see the merit to some cases, but they are all pretty thin. Thus, to me, a policy lynch would be fine. Day 1 mislynches are common enough that although a scumlynch > lurkermislynch.... a lurkermislynch > randommislynch.

And of course.. a lurkerscumlynch >>> all others.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:01 am

I'm not liking Rogueben's asking of questions instead of stating his own opinions. Also, the questions are a bit off and not what I'd called 'pointed' or 'particularly relevant.' The whole exercise feels like fake scumhunting and giving the appearance of participation, cheating off other players while holding his own cards close to his chest.

crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:06 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm not liking Rogueben's asking of questions instead of stating his own opinions. Also, the questions are a bit off and not what I'd called 'pointed' or 'particularly relevant.' The whole exercise feels like fake scumhunting and giving the appearance of participation, cheating off other players while holding his own cards close to his chest.
It kinda seemed like, to me that is, that he's trying to gather everyone's feelings w/o having to read, but that's just they way i see it.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:20 am

crywolf20084 wrote:It kinda seemed like, to me that is, that he's trying to gather everyone's feelings w/o having to read, but that's just they way i see it.
I wish I could be so charitable. But I'm a cold, heartless brute. I don't see it that way, at all.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:23 am

Post by camn »

So am I. :wink:

But give him some rope. You call someone out on their scumminess after one post.. they might quit acting scummy.
crywolf20084
crywolf20084
Cayke
crywolf20084
Cayke
Cayke

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:30 am

Post by crywolf20084 »

DrippingGoofball wrote:
crywolf20084 wrote:It kinda seemed like, to me that is, that he's trying to gather everyone's feelings w/o having to read, but that's just they way i see it.
I wish I could be so charitable. But I'm a cold, heartless brute. I don't see it that way, at all.
XD

I'm just a SLIGHT pushover when it comes to mafia, but srsly, AS OF RIGHT NOW, i don't see anything wrong with it.

I always reserve the right of a changed opinion

Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:36 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Rogueben wrote:@scotmany12 - Which active player is most likely to be scum? Which lurker?
This looks like prodding a scumbuddy to contribute.

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:19 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Xylthixlm wrote:It's more the fact that the wagon against him got big fast on weak evidence.
Ah, the old "we can lynch him so we obviously shouldn't lynch him" argument.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Rogueben wrote: @Yos2 - Do you think qwints soft-claim makes him more or less likely to be
scum
?
I think the soft vanillia claim, and the later full vanillia claim, are both scummy (which means, a person who does them is more likely to be scum). Not to a huge extent, since that's mistakes i've seen pro-town people do before, but it's something town should be less likely to do then scum.

Beyond that, it's also anti-town, and increases the EV to the town of lynching him in three different ways (0% chance he's a power role; lynching him means less people claim today; plus a claimed vanillia townies is inherently less useful then an unclaimed townie, since half the job of a vanillia townie is to soak up scum kills). I'm usually pretty happy lynching a claimed vanillia day 1; it's just the town's best bet, all around. Combine that with his general uselessness so far today (which is also both a scumtell and another factor that makes him even less useful if he is town), and I'm pretty happy with lynching him.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:29 am

Post by scotmany12 »

Xylthixlm wrote:
Rogueben wrote:@scotmany12 - Which active player is most likely to be scum? Which lurker?
This looks like prodding a scumbuddy to contribute.
This post is full of lolz.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:29 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Xylthixlm wrote:It's more the fact that the wagon against him got big fast on weak evidence.
Ah, the old "we can lynch him so we obviously shouldn't lynch him" argument.
The irony here is that I'm usually the one shouting "Lynch him! Faster faster!" on a weak bandwagon.

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:45 am

Post by camn »

So why not this time?
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:02 am

Post by hasdgfas »

first off
unvote

I want a clean slate as I read what's happened since Thursday.

Post 764 - kore: what's wrong with a case "out of thin air"? I realized I had been getting bad vibes from kmd all game, and decided to go look at him a bit closer.
Post 771 - qwints: wait, so what? That's a horrible reason for a softclaim, especially when it does the exact opposite thing that you're trying to do.
Post 774 - Yos: I agree with Yosarian2.
Post 781 - DGB: So one post you like is better than everything else he's done?
Post 788 - Caboose: Why isn't it scummy?
Post 795 - Jebus: *twitch*
Post 800 - scot: stark's not posting at all. How would he be able to jump from one popular wagon to another?
Post 809 - Xyl: Why is this a higher priority than qwints, who actually is being scummy?
Post 826 - Xyl: I really don't like this post by Xyl, because he's blaming someone else for something that's completely his fault.
Post 846 - camn: Got any reasons for that or just throwing it out there?
Post 869 - tajo: Thanks for noticing I was V/LA, tajo, it's not like I was lurking. I didn't post
anywhere
from Thursday-Tuesday. Also, if he is scum, we shouldn't let qwints survive to following days.
Post 882 - tajo: It seems to me like this is saying that you know qwints is town. Why is that? Would you rather lynch someone who's not going to be useful in the future or someone who will actually do stuff that we can find out if they're scum later?
Post 901 - kmd: Hmm, I dislike the "no one can look at your voting records" argument. I find looking at "voting records" is talked about as being a better idea than it actually is. Looking at everything else is usually smarter, with looking at vote
context
being the best idea.
Post 912 - qwints: this doesn't say anything. Can you actually say something in this game?
Post 917 - sam: Saying that you're not going to read Xyl's posts is anti-town. What if you're in endgame with him and one other person?
Post 926 - sam: Not reading a certain person's posts is really anti-town.
Post 943 - Xyl: Why? what's
wrong
right with qwints?
Post 963 - farside: Is that really all you have to say?
Post 973 - qwints: How have you not been lynched yet?
Post 984 - Xyl: This seems like a possible lead-in to an attack on Yos. Xyl, why'd you feel it necessary to make this comment?
Post 988 - kmd: What is interesting about this? This seems to be yet another inane comment that you're making too many of in this whole game.'
Post 1004 - Xyl: Why? What has he done to make you think that?
Post 1006 - tajo: Dang it tajo, I was V/LA. Did you not catch that when multiple people said it?
Post 1010 - Xyl: What evidence against him was weak? Why is a fast wagon a sign of the wagoned player being town as opposed to pretty obvious scum?
Post 1019 - sam: A) I've been V/LA, B) I'm not scum, C) the rest of the town finds other people scummier
Post 1022 - Xyl: I'm not really a big fan of pulling out your own meta as a defense. meta should be a defense looked at by others to try to figure out if you're scum or town.
Post 1027 - Rogueben: I think qwints has the most value at this point. Jebus has been replaced, so I'm giving the replacement time to let me get a good read on him.

conclusions:
farside is way too quiet this game. I've never seen her this quiet. Feels off to me.
I don't like Xyl/Kore claming their own meta as their defense, although Kore feels better to me as she was attempting to explain why she uses her meta, but I don't remember seeing too much from Xyl besides "I always do this, so it's not scummy". If I'm missing something though, feel free to point it out. Not to mention that he tried to blame the derailing of the qwints wagon on Kore when nobody else even cared and he was the only one to unvote qwints because of it.
FoS: Xyl

I'm not a fan of tajo trying to build my wagon while I was V/LA, but I can somewhat understand it.
Looking back at kmd's case after some time away from the game, it's not as bad as I originally thought, but it was still a bit difficult to find the points.
qwints really needs to die. Not going to vote immediately as A) I want a votecount to see what it looks like and B) I want people to actually read this before night.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:08 am

Post by Caboose »

Tar wrote:- I need to compare Caboose's play here to his play in Mafia 87 (where he was scum). Leaning Caboose-scum.
- I need to carefully compare hasdgfas's play here to his play in Mini 594. Leaning has-town, since his play here is reminding me of his play there.
So, you're selectively sampling the metas?
Xyl wrote:This looks like prodding a scumbuddy to contribute.
This looks like a reach.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:23 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

My gut says qwints is town. I'm not sure why, but I trust my gut.

hasdgfas: I'm not claiming my meta as a defense, I'm just trying to give Tar realistic expectations about what he'll find when he does his analysis. :)

scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 am

Post by scotmany12 »

hasdgfas wrote:Post 800 - scot: stark's not posting at all. How would he be able to jump from one popular wagon to another?
That post was mean to show the difference between stark and qwints. Someone asked why if qwints was put at l-3, why not stark. That was my answer. And he was posting at the time. Not a lot, but he was.
Xylthixlm
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
Xylthixlm
!xmafia win
!xmafia win

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:26 am

Post by Xylthixlm »

hasdgfas wrote:Post 984 - Xyl: This seems like a possible lead-in to an attack on Yos. Xyl, why'd you feel it necessary to make this comment?
I don't keep notes on my games, so any really weird comments are probably me putting something in the thread so I'll remember it later.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”