Mini 733- Congratulations! You are... Mafia (Game Over)

Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:53 am

Post by Isacc »

Sly: Now you are just denying the truths we have presented to you. If you do not want to accept our answers, then stop asking questions. You can't just deny the truth.

Plum: Thx =P
Show
My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:57 am

Post by SlySly »

I'm not denying the truth, I am asking for a specific example which no one has produced thus far. That is a truth that you can't deny.
"SlySly is the scummiest player on the site." ~DrippingGoofball
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:03 am

Post by Isacc »

That is NOT a truth. Kmd, Plum, AND myself have all named specific examples. You are ignoring them.
Show

Check out my machinima:
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:09 am

Post by SlySly »

I have yet to see a link to
a game
, not a wiki entry, where a protown player called their actions a gambit,
in game
. That is the truth. You now sound like scum that is squirming over a player being against you for a weak reason.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:29 am

Post by Isacc »

Sly: Lmao, I love how every time someone points out that you are acting ridiculous, you call them scum.

Seriously,
you
sound like scum squirming over trying to cling to a weak reason.
Show

Check out my machinima:
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:41 am

Post by SlySly »

I may 'sound like' I am squirming, but I'm not the one who actually is and is actually under pressure. I am not squirming. You, on the other hand, are at L-2 and are now playing 'discredit the dumbass' when faced with an obvious truth.

I read what everyone said and I now understand that there are town gambits. However, the truth is that protown players do not call their actions a gambit in game. Until someone posts proof otherwise, or you are lynched and flip town, I will continue to believe that.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:03 am

Post by elvis_knits »

I pretty much agree with Sly. I think town don't usually make gambits, and when they do, it usually fucks the game royally. I USUALLY see scum as the ones laying traps and pulling stuff. Not saying it's not possible for town to do it too, but it's much less likely.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 am

Post by Plum »

SlySly wrote:I have yet to see a link to
a game
, not a wiki entry, where a protown player called their actions a gambit,
in game
. That is the truth. You now sound like scum that is squirming over a player being against you for a weak reason.
Sly - If you'd care to scroll down to the last post on this page, just to quench your curiosity. OP specifically called his move a gambit and flipped town. It did, however, to paraphrase EK, seem to screw the game up pretty badly.
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:38 am

Post by SlySly »

Well, tyvm Plum, your helping Isacc defend himself is duly noted. I'm still not moving my vote.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:03 am

Post by Mirth »

Votecount

Isacc - 2 - [Kmd, Imaginality, Sly]
Elvis - 4 - [Isacc, Plum]
Plum - 6 - [Elvis, Caf]

Not Voting - 8 - [Glork, Hascow]

Cups of Lemonade Bought : 3

Deadline: Tuesday, March 24, 12:00 PM EST
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:14 am

Post by Isacc »

Sly: How the heck was that defending? You asked someone (not only me) to give you an example. Now you are just being a liar and a hypocrite.

"Until someone posts proof otherwise, or you are lynched and flip town, I will continue to believe that."

Someone posted proof otherwise. However, you still continue to believe in your accusation? Why? Because you have no better case.

I am not squirming at all. Your accusation holds no water, but you're clinging to a disproved statement. Feel free to continue acting scummy if you want, especially when EK is so eager to defend you for it.

You claim I am squirming? Prove it. I am acting exactly the way I always do: calling out failed attempts at twisting bad logic into an argument.
Show

Check out my machinima:
SlySly
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
SlySly
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:55 am

Post by SlySly »

Isacc wrote: Sly: How the heck was that defending?
It wasn't.
Isacc wrote: You asked someone (not only me) to give you an example.
You were the one in need of defense, not Plum. I wanted it from you.
Isacc wrote: "Until someone posts proof otherwise, or you are lynched and flip town, I will continue to believe that."

Someone posted proof otherwise. However, you still continue to believe in your accusation? Why?
Because only an idiot townie would call their actions a gambit. One instance of an idiot does not make me forget all the other instances I have seen where references to that word in game were made in association with scum. FTR, I now know town gambits exists and that at least one idiot before you even referenced his actions that way, in game.

Your idea of modkill suicide was at the nicest, idiotic.
Seems
like scum play to me. That is why my vote is staying where it is for the moment, I see nothing better to press on since I can't vote 3 times for the seemingly scummy free pass given to caf.
Isacc wrote: Your accusation holds no water, but you're clinging to a disproved statement.
I'm not clinging to
smurf
. This game has been moving about 1 mph for this entire day. I think the best thing at this point would be for EK to put you at L-1. If something happens at that point to make me move my vote, great.
Isacc wrote: You claim I am squirming? Prove it.
No need to prove the obvious.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:14 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

See my sig.

Will catch up next week.

Also see my Isacc case if you haven't already. It's a good read.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:51 am

Post by Mirth »

As much as I hate to do this, Glork is being replaced.

But the good news is, destructor's back. Wee
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:47 pm

Post by destructor »

Privyet!

I am replayzing Glork. Giv me a day to catch up, ya, and I vill produze vor joo a grant and mighty post.
.::][:::::][:::::][:::::][::.
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by Plum »

destructor wrote:Privyet!

I am replayzing Glork. Giv me a day to catch up, ya, and I vill produze vor joo a grant and mighty post.
:shock:

Здравствуйте!

This makes for an odd turn of events.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sun Mar 15, 2009 2:09 pm

Post by Isacc »

Actually this could be quite useful. This forces him into a very interesting position, which may allow us to learn more about him.

Destructor: Would you please go back and check your arguments against Glork (were you calling him scummy? I think you might have, but I forget so please correct me if I am wrong), and please re-evaluate him now that you are his role. Please explain clearly what opinions about him have changed, and your reasoning for why.

Also, as a second note, what's your opinion on people's actions so far?
Show

Check out my machinima:
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:55 am

Post by imaginality »

Theorrry qwvestion: somevun or somezing haf zilence hascow, yes?

If ve haf a silencer role, vhat is meta herre on MS? Is silencer nearly alvays anti-town rrole? or can be eizer prrro-town orrr anti-town?
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

imaginality wrote:Theorrry qwvestion: somevun or somezing haf zilence hascow, yes?

If ve haf a silencer role, vhat is meta herre on MS? Is silencer nearly alvays anti-town rrole? or can be eizer prrro-town orrr anti-town?
It seems anti-town to me. I remember a looooooong time ago I was in a game and I had a silencer power when I was mafia. But I don't know what the prevailing wisdom is nowadays.

Anyways, I look forward to hearing from des 2.0.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by imaginality »

Alo, salut, sunt eu, un haiduc
si te rog, iubirea mea, primeste fericirea

Alo, alo, sunt eu, Picasso
ti-am dat beep
si sunt voinic
Dar sa stii, nu-ti cer nimic
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:34 pm

Post by elvis_knits »

hi imaginality!
Talk nerdy to me.

imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:56 pm

Post by imaginality »

Hello elviz.

Okay. I am figurrrink, zis is goink no vhere fasst. Zo, I rekvest Isaac to
claim now pliss

Because if he claim now, it is givingk us time for to findt a betterer lynch, but
pizz
zitting arrrround doingk nozzing anodder vew days iss likely to lead to us makingk a impendink-deadline-panic-inspirred lynch choice, yes?

So, I think claim now is better for Isaac (if he town, he lez likely to be lynch if claim now zan if ve linker aimlezly ontil deadline), ant better for uz.
Isacc
Isacc
Goon
Isacc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Post by Isacc »

If a majority of people want me to claim, I will. It will definitely reduce the number of lynch candidates, which should help the town.

If you want me to claim, please say so now.
Show

Check out my machinima:
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 5:57 pm

Post by destructor »

Iyzak wrote:Destructor: Would you please go back and check your arguments against Glork (were you calling him scummy? I think you might have, but I forget so please correct me if I am wrong), and please re-evaluate him now that you are his role. Please explain clearly what opinions about him have changed, and your reasoning for why.
I do not know what "reazonink" you expect from me. I zort zat Glork voz schomz but I voz inchorecht. Ze reason is obvhiouzly zat I know his role now.

I zort zat Glork's early play voz not vhat I vood expecht vrom im az town and did not liek his OMGUZ attack on me az vell as his reachshon to my caze for his policy lynch. Zis is ze "rezonink" I had as
Dschinghis Khan
to beleev Glork voz schomz and is reduntant to me now. In retrozpeckt, knowink his rol I am abel to see vhy he zed (or did not zay) zom ov ze tinks zat he did.
Iyzak wrote:Also, as a second note, what's your opinion on people's actions so far?
Az I zed in my first incarnazion, my initial reeds ov playerz tendz to be ze stronghest. I hav noticed in skimming avter I voz killed zat a vagon is grown on Plom and cazes hav been made on her and (I tink) Iyzak. I red both of them as town throughout day won but vill giv the cazes a proper reed now.

Iv I may recal ze condorzet I posted bevore:
dezhtructor, as Dschinghis Khan wrote:Condorcet Vote: Darox, imaginality, Glork, {SlySly, hasdgfas}
I was ztill quite heppy viz it ven day 2 started (und I as Dshinghis voz ded). Now zat I know I voz rong ebout Glork, I em left vith imaginality, Sly and hazcow, who I am ztill finding likely candidates as ze zchomz.

I am ztill very much confuzed az to vhy imaginality is not being questioned morr. I did not find his play in Day 1 pro-town at all. Ze most prominent event in my mind of his iz his over-enalyziz of caf's post, vich did not zeem
at all
zincere and made little zense in ze context in vich it voz made. Az I zed in Day 1, I do beleev in pro-town tells (zee ze referenze to Crackers! Mafia). I caynot recall
any
I have found vrom imaginality.

I vould be very very interezted in hearing ehveryone's opinion of him and ze validity ov ze cazes he has made in zis game.

Az vor Iyzak, I vill look over ze case now, but my inizial zort iz zat he should not be havink to claim at all. I vill be villink to show vhat I saw zat makes me tinkink zat he iz town.
destructor
destructor
Mafia Scum
destructor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:39 pm

Post by destructor »

SlySly wrote:I have never heard of a town gambit.

vote: Isacc
A town gambit.

Even iv zis is not an ekzelent ekzample, Sly's stanze on town gambit'z is zilly.
Kmd4390 wrote:There are several protown Gambits. The issue I had with Isacc's is that I didn't see it as a Gambit. I saw it as a scum move that didn't work, so he tried to call it a Gambit.
I menzhioned zat I found Iyzak's klaim zat he voz tryink a gambit beleevabel. Here iz vhy.
Iyzak, Post 434 wrote:However, the language issue is what I feel can be solved now. I have an important deal to make, which I think my fellow town members will see the logic in.
Iyzak, Post 442 wrote:Caf, if that's as far as you can think, you aren't thinking at all.
Bhoth ov zeez posts very heavaly imply zat Iyzak voz indeed intendink to do moor zan vhat he had stayted.

Zo, in my mind, I do not find ze gambit az a cohmpellink argument against Iyzak. Kmd, do joo hav anyzink elz on Iyzak?

Plomb made zom ozzer argumentz on Iyzak, liek suggestink zat he voz distanzink, but overall I am ztill not zwayed.

Re: Plomb, I tink that she has adequately explayened her akzions regarding voting EK. I do find her pushink ze caze on dezh-Khan instead of Darox-schomz notable and it iz certainly worth keeping in mihnd, but I can zee zomvon doink zat az town too. And Plomb ztill looks moor town zan enyzing elze right now.

And enyvay, I vant to lynch imaginality today.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”