ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #43 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: verbosity

You have already shown your aptitude at pointing out every small thing in a given players post and dubbing it "horrendously scummy" so i can only imagine what you would have done with who you call "the weakest player".
Most probably witch hunt.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:

You have already shown your aptitude at pointing out every small thing in a given players post and dubbing it "horrendously scummy" so i can only imagine what you would have done with who you call "the weakest player".
That was in fact one (1) thing that I did that to. If you've noticed, I actually said that Azhrei is town. Explain how my actions could be motivated by the scum, and why those motivations are greater than those for a townie.
Regarding azhrei he could be your scum partner. (this is theoritcal and does not necessarily reflect how I feel)

Regarding how your actions could be motivated by the scum: if a scum were to focus on a player they believed to be the weakest, by putting pressure on them and scrutinizing their words, they could most likely get a wagon going and possibly a lynch.
Gateway wrote:Trust me I think Verbosity is blowing wind, and stirring up more trouble then they are worth, but still I am going on the vote that they are townie.

With that said though, and the fact Verbosity has us focused on someone we shouldn't, we might as well make Verbosity the day one lynch.

Vote: Verbosity
What?
Gateway wrote:Yes I am voting while not sure because to claim you are 100% sure on day one is ignorance, so I am voting on the townie I think may be scum. I change my vote a lot because I don't have the "I am right!!!!" attitude. If a few posts say something that goes against (or maybe with) something I was thinking, I change my vote.
No seriously, what?

vote: gateway
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #71 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:

That was in fact one (1) thing that I did that to. If you've noticed, I actually said that Azhrei is town. Explain how my actions could be motivated by the scum, and why those motivations are greater than those for a townie.
Regarding azhrei he could be your scum partner. (this is theoritcal and does not necessarily reflect how I feel)

Regarding how your actions could be motivated by the scum: if a scum were to focus on a player they believed to be the weakest, by putting pressure on them and scrutinizing their words, they could most likely get a wagon going and possibly a lynch.
I'm just going to ignore what you just said. Out of respect for your skill.

The last part of my request was the most important part. In order for your accusation to be valid in any way, shape or form, you must prove why I would have more motivation to act as I have as scum than is town.
Well referencing the point that I already mentioned, I believe a scum would be more likely to go after the weakest player than a town, as choosing to lynch someone based on how good a player they are is a random selection and not based on tell-indicated alignment, and furthermore is a selection that is based off how easily a lynch can be achieved rather than anything else.

The point is moot though. You clearly have not done this, and I don't believe you are witch hunting anybody (although I did think at one point that you were going to).
Verbosity wrote:
Spolium wrote:Another question (open to others as well) - I have seen it noted on occasion that scum will commonly declare the RVS over, usually in an aggressive manner and implying/declaring that it is for the good of the town. I have not come across this myself, but what's your take on that? What do you think of it in light of this game?
Any competent player wants to end the random voting stage as soon as humanly possible. It's not indicative of alignment. I don't think that the circumstances in this case are any different. Though some players desire to continue the RVS is strange. Frankly, it's also stupid.
Also I agree with this.
(and is that a thinly veiled attack
spolium
?)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #72 (isolation #4) » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Battousai wrote:You must
Unvote
before voting if you already have a vote on someone
Oh, you BASTARDS!!!! I hate having to do this.

unvote

vote:gateway

Gateway wrote:**************Without deaths, cops, or some other information we can only assume everyone is townie on day one********************
Ok, I can appreciate that, but you seemed to suggest that verbosity was one of the people you
most
suspected to be town, but still voted him anyway.
Verbosity wrote:Those voting Gateway: Why do you think that his play is indicative of scum, rather than stupid?
Definitely could be stupidity. But we must apply pressure so that we can get one to post in their "natural" way, mustn't we?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #5) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:32 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:It wasn't an attack, I was just stating my opinion. I can't even comprehend the desire to lengthen the random voting stage.

That only works if you think that the player would crack, and frankly I think Gateway is not collected enough to be a valid choice for that strategy.

I also get the feeling that those of you that suspect Gateway will not switch to molestargazer at any soon point, is that accurate?
Refer to spolium for first point.
Regarding gateway - well he certainly is providing a lot of material to analyse, though.
Regarding molestargazer - haven't really thought about it. I might, who knows.
Spolium wrote:I think ThAdmiral meant me.

No, it wasn't an attack. I've seen the point raised on more than one occasion, and since this is the first game where I've seen someone jackhammer their way out of the RVS like that I wanted to know what the consensus was. My thinking was that multiple responses would allow me to make a better judgement of the validity of the claim.
Correct.
and righto.
Gateway wrote:Explain what is scummy. I've addressed concerns and explained my 'scummy' behavior.
But you haven't. There were issues sekinj and I had raised which you didn't responded to.
sekinj wrote:no, sitting the fence IS NOT townie. I think you were attempting to get verb lynched, and still be able to come back tomorrow and defend yourself when he flipped town.
Agreed.
Gateway wrote:I wrote that before you posted, so -now- I think Verb is a Zealous townie, at a moment I thought Verb was a Joker or Scum. My vote changes -from- B to A because I considered posts that came after.
But you clearly said at the time that you considered verb as a townie?

I also like what
panzerjager
is saying.
Although I don't really like the thing about getting verb to claim who he/she really is. I think it's a bit rich to say that keeping the identity a secret is anti town.
(plus I think I know who it is...)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #6) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Battousai wrote:
Panzerjager replaces Kpaca effective immediately.

Vote Count

Gateway
- 6 (Azhrei, Spolium, Molestargazer, ThAdmiral, MafiaSSK, sekinj)
MafiaSSK
- 2 (ThAdmiral, Gateway)
Molestargazer
- 1 (Verbosity)
Spolium
- 1 (kpaca)

Not Voting
: Archon, Chiefskye4, Jazzmyn

It takes 7 to lynch!
double voting goodness!
MafiaSSK wrote:
sekinj wrote:
unvote

I severly doubt gateway could have made up that role.
You don't know about safeclaims?
I also don't think he would have made up that role as he could have easily just claimed something simple like cop etc.
And, tbf, safe claims are quite rare.

Furthermore this role is easily testable.

unvote

Archon wrote:General thought; I think there is a mafia-led bandwagon against gateway.
Who do you think was leading it specifically.
Archon wrote:
Vote; Panzerjager
, for threats against the town.
Can you elaborate?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #153 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:00 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Gateway wrote:
sekinj wrote:
gateway wrote:Still learning popular terms, but whatever the word is you have for that role, that is what I am. Not a cop, like a semi one I suppose.
Did your role PM not contain the 'term' or name of your role? it only contained a description?

If I can say the exact name I was PM'd let me know.
ask the mod
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:40 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

My plan:

- we let gateway live.
- tonight he uses his ability and chooses to kill someone
- if the someone he kills is town we lynch him tomorrow after he gives us the other name, if he then turns up town we lynch the other name the next day
- if the someone he kills is scum we let him live again, and repeat the process

a) if he is town the mafia will most likely kill him anyway, and if he doesn't get killed then we have a ridiculously overpowered role with us and will win the game shortly.
b) if he is scum the only way he gets to survive is if he gives us a scum per night, which is a damn good deal for us townies.
c) if he is scum and doesn't want to give up his scumbuddies then he will die shortly and we will have lynched a scum on day 2 which isn't bad.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Gateway wrote:If I get no name that has been suspect to me I will just report both in the morning
No, you'd have to choose to kill.
Verbosity wrote:ThAdmiral: Hi.
Hi. How are you going?

haven't read past page 11. Will do tomorrow.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #386 (isolation #10) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

I am fustrated I wasn't able to get on yesterday. Sekinj was obviously town and I am now suspicious of most everyone who pushed his lynch.

That being said it looks like gateway gets to live another day. But remember if you don't provide us with another dead mafia tomorrow you will probably be lynched.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #387 (isolation #11) » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:56 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Actually just read the dp and it does seem to confirm your role.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #406 (isolation #12) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:34 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Actually the best play would probably be to no lynch. If gateway keeps providing us with scum we will win before too long. And if not we can move on from there.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Gateway wrote:As for how I know about the broken-into car. I made the shot so I 'obviously' know where I made it from and what the victim was doing at the time no?
I thought your cop buddies took care of the killing. Why are you doing the shooting now?
Verbosity wrote:ChiefSkye4, ThAdmiral, molestargazer, Jazzmyn: What are your suspicions, it seems like a while since I heard some from you.
Azhrei, chiefskye and you for pushing the wagon on sekinj. I thought it was pretty obvious he wasn't bluffing.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

vote: nolynch
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (isolation #15) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:45 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

The way I see it is we have four options.
A) we keep following gateway and therefore no lynch today
B) we lynch gateway today
C) we lynch gateway tomorrow regardless of who he kills
D) we lynch one of the people he has confirmed, most likely jazz, to test his claim

I am thinking it would be in our best interests to do one of the last two.

It is the lack of mafia kills that has got me edgy, but this might be what the mafia are aiming for. Or, of course, they could have been doc-blocked/role-blocked.

Can someone explain the numbers to me.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #489 (isolation #16) » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ jazz: so you picked correct scum both nights?
That sounds pretty impressive.

It does seem to go against gateway's claimed role that one of his two names would definitely be scum as you could just as easily been wrong.

@Gateway: could you please update your claim to include this new information about the monetary offers.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (isolation #17) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:30 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Can I get the peoples reasoning for lynching gateway yesterday?
I know jazzmyn hammered (seemingly without noticing). But why, when new information was coming up and could have been discussed more, were people (most notably mafiassk and verbosity) piling on votes?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #510 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

MafiaSSK wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Can I get the peoples reasoning for lynching gateway yesterday?
I know jazzmyn hammered (seemingly without noticing). But why, when new information was coming up and could have been discussed more, were people (most notably mafiassk and verbosity) piling on votes?
He was pretty damn scummy and he could have been falseclaiming the new info.
You missed the most important part of my question: why did you do it when there was information that was being brought to light (mainly by jazzmyn) that could have allowed us to make sense of the whole situation?
Instead you helped silence any discussion we could have had.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #513 (isolation #19) » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:14 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity why did you vote gateway yesterday?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #517 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:20 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ molestar: verbosity=lord gurgi

who, evidently, is not who I thought it would be.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #521 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:24 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Verbosity why did you vote gateway yesterday?
As I said, he was too interested in appeasing specific people, rather than actually playing in a pro-town manner. It's playing to seem town rather than being town. Usually indicative of scum.

I keep being drawn back to wanting to lynch molestargazer for never being altogether with it. I'm not even sure what to make of him not putting together that I'm an alt, especially after I openly admitted it previously. Really. Also, you should know that this playstyle is put on, it's not altogether natural. If I were playing as me, you'd be getting a lot less in the way of reasoning and a lot more in the way of me pushing a lynch. I'm trying this for fun. :)
For a person/character who supposedly likes to talk so much you didn't have a whole lot to say when yesterdays lynch was happening.
And that's two bad calls out of two with the lynch of sekinj earlier in the game as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #526 (isolation #22) » Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Oops, sorry, I lynched the
wrong
non town-aligned guy. Somehow, chuckles the angry vendetta keeper, I think that showing some inkling of suspicion in general is better than lurking in plain sight, which I am letting you get away with for the primary reason that i have been feeling terrible and only recently improved, and the more secondary reason that I think that other people are more scummy than you as you are. Would you like to me to go into why you are scum and engineer your lynch or would you prefer me to go after who I think is scum and stop defending my lynch of the non-aligned scum. Woopsee, there's the problem in your general theory. Point is, I voted correctly, I was wrong about the person who self-hammered, which I really never regret, as those seem to be the only people I ever mislynch. Except you of course, because you're better than that, right? This is a very long rant to say that I refuse to satisfy your replacement for actually scumhunting. Stop blowing smoke and start actually getting somewhere. Scumhunt, now, or else. That's the short version.
Get of your moral high horse for a second and actually look at what your actions have achieved.
Yes I know that gateway wasn't town aligned but he was far more useful to the town than you have been, and his death is the only thing that has saved the scum from a total loss.
I don't know what's worse your stubbornness or your arrogance.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #529 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:10 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:Any mistakes I may have made, in the sekinj lynch, far exceed in benefit to the town your actions. That is, none, except the first enunciation of the plan which frankly would have been reached without you anyway.

Also, arrogance is probably more annoying, though stubborness is more damaging. I think what you're getting at is how I'm pretentious.
You're all three to be honest.
MafiaSSK wrote:Will post later.
will be lynched later.
with any luck. you're worse than verbosity.

vote: mafiassk
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #535 (isolation #24) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:10 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Verbosity wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:
Verbosity wrote:Any mistakes I may have made, in the sekinj lynch, far exceed in benefit to the town your actions. That is, none, except the first enunciation of the plan which frankly would have been reached without you anyway.

Also, arrogance is probably more annoying, though stubborness is more damaging. I think what you're getting at is how I'm pretentious.
You're all three to be honest.
You say that like you think you aren't. Get over yourself.
Please point out all the times I've said how useful I have been to the town and where I have insinuated that I could get anyone I wanted to lynched because I am just so awesome.
I don't want to get into an argument but I will if you continue.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #539 (isolation #25) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:46 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

verbosity over mafiassk?

your input is important because you are the only confirmed town.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Panzerjager wrote:Alright, SSK is always a lurker, other than that he has't done anything verifiably scummy.

Verbosity after being a powerhouse day 1 seemed to have avoided the days 2 and 3. Which is far more scummy then never really being here. Also his ideas have been alot more go with the flowy.
I see what you mean, but at the same time I never expected verb to be able to keep up the large amount of text he was putting out day one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #546 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'd like to hear what he has to say.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #28) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

thats -1. no sudden hammering.

@ verbosity: Firstly I hope that it isn't too serious and that you recover from your illness.

Secondly I don't like the reason you voted mafiassk. "I'm willing to follow molestargazer and clean the water before I start looking through it" sounds very much like something a mafiate could use to justify getting on what is, seemingly, the choice lynch of today. That being said I can't, and wont, argue against the fact that a read on mafiassk is impossible, and that he hasn't contributed in any pro-town way.

In fact I would be happy with a mafiassk lynch, however I would like to know who your other primary suspects are. Having looked back over today you seemed to have cast suspicions over nearly everyone still playing. Even though the waters may be muddy I think it would be useful to get an inkling of where your head is at before moving into tomorrow.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #29) » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:39 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Azhrei wrote:Archon, were you aware our vote put him at L-1? If so, why did you place it?
seconded.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (isolation #30) » Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I completely forgot that I had voted for mafiassk. Oh well!

Indeed an interesting game mechanic, and well done jazzmyn.
Also gateway for choosing to go with the town both nights.

I remember the letters MAF but just assumed this was confirming the kill was done by the MAFia! If it has be CHE or something else I'm sure it would have clicked.

anyway go town.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”