Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Wheel of Time Mafia: Rip in the Pattern (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Rip in the Pattern

T
he Dark One is sealed in his prison. However, the last desperate action by Lews Therin Telamon, also known as the Dragon, had consequences he did not anticipate. The Dark One struck out against the channelers, polluting the male half of the source,
saidin

Immediately following this action Lews Therin Telamon and the Hundred Companions who followed him were driven insane by the corruption. This lead to the Breaking of the World and many people died, the world barely survived.

Although most of the Dark Forces were sealed within the Bore, some escaped. In the intervening years between the Breaking of the World and the Trolloc Wars many skirmishes between the Light and the Dark occurred, but most citizens knew relative peace.

You are not one of those lucky citizens. In this small village one of the final battles of the War of Power will take place...

Alive
  1. thesilentspeaker (replaces fuzzylightning)
  2. Knight of Cydonia (replaces Seraphim)
  3. julienvonwolfe
  4. Kairyuu
  5. charter (replaces Albert B. Rampage)
  6. Goatrevolt (replaces Tuberkulos)
  7. Moratorium
  8. Sajin
  9. MrBuddyLee (replaces: Tucking Fypo)
Dead
    Hasdgfas,
    Karaar Powelan, Innkeeper
    , Town, dismembered before Daybreak of Day 2.
    Shadow Knight,
    Barohei Sedai of the Green Ajeh
    , Town, dismembered before Daybreak of Day 2.
    Knight of Cydonia (replaces MrBuddyLee),
    Ta'veren of the Light
    , Town, dismembered and incinerated before Daybreak of Day 2

xxFabianxx,
    The Forsaken Saprosh
    , Survivor Mafia, lynched before Daybreak of Day 2.

Isaac,
    Gholam
    , Serial Killer, lynched before Daybreak of Day 3

Slicey
    Kaid Dedrol, Royal Guard
    , Town, strangled before Daybreak of Day 4

Mr. Flay,
    The Forsaken Badred
    , Survivor Mafia, lynched before Daybreak of Day 4.

Kison
    , Berany Sedai of the White Ajeh
    , Town, poisoned before Daybreak of Day 5

Faraday
    , Mitsuden Sedai of the Grey Ajeh
    , Town, strangled before Daybreak of Day 5

Mufasa
    Coal Baid, Gambler
    , Survivor Gambler, lynched before Daybreak of Day 5.

Seteal (replaces OozingGoofBall (replaces Myndrunner))
    , Tsailevin Sedai of the Brown Ajeh
    , Town, lynched before Daybreak of Day 6

SpyreX
    , Man who could Channel
    , Town, strangled, dying during Twilight of Day 6

Benmage (replaces Cyberbob)
    , Daigea Sedai of the Green Ajeh
    , Town, modkilled before Daybreak of Day 7
    (replaced lynch)
    Mastermind of Sin (replaces Shinnen_no_Me)
    , Laedia Sedai of the Gray Ajeh
    , Town, poisoned before Daybreak of Day 7

Armlx
    , Vellee Sedai, the Amyrlin Seat
    , Town, strangled before Daybreak of Day 7

MacavityLock
    , Norida Sedai of the White Ajeh
    , Town, strangled before Daybreak of Day 8

Yosarian2 (replaces Tenchi)
    , Alornin Sedai of the Black Ajeh
    , Mafia, lynched before Daybreak of Day 8

Game State: Game Over
    Last edited by Kinetic on Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:46 am, edited 27 times in total.
    Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
    On hiatus due to Real Life
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Game Rules:

Borrowed heavily from Tarhaliander

<0> I am the Mod thy God. If a dispute arises, my decision is final. That said, I am not infallible - if I make a mistake or you have a question, please inform me of the problem (preferably via PM or bold text) and I will correct it.
    <1> This is a game. I hope that you have fun. In return, I ask that you not have your fun at the expense of the other players in this game (in other words, don't be a jackass). Repeated or extreme violations of this rule will result in replacement or modkill.
    <1a> Attempting to use loopholes in the rules to gain an advantage in the game is considered jackassery, and will be treated as such. This applies to things like encrypted codes, invisible text, editing and deleting posts, trying to use the structure of the role PM to gain an advantage, etc. Please, use your common sense!
    <2> If there is a conflict between a role and the rules, the role wins.
    <3> Claiming that another player is your scumbuddy will result in a modkill.
    <4> Quoting private communications (role PM, mason conversations, etc.) or pretending to do the same will result in a modkill. Paraphrasing, however, is not only acceptable but encouraged unless I explicitly say otherwise.
    <5> You may not talk with other people about this game outside of the thread (but see Rule 2).
    <6> This game will have both a vote count and a FoS (Finger of Suspicion) count. All players will have 1 vote and 1 FoS (but see Rule 2).
    <6a> In a Normal game, the FoS count will have no effect on the game other than breaking voting ties at deadline. Theme games make no such guarantee. (Especially not this one!)
    <7> To help the game run smoothly, votes and FoS'es should be made in bold text, be colored in
    RED
    , and use the format Vote: XXXX and FoS: XXXX, respectively. An unvote and/or unFoS is required to remove a vote or FoS; to unvote or unFoS, please use the format Unvote: XXXX or UnFoS: XXXX.
    <8> If a player or No Lynch has a majority of votes, that player is lynched and cannot be unvoted. You may talk during twilight unless I state otherwise.
    <8a> If there are an even number of votes in play and No Lynch has exactly 50% of votes, No Lynch will occur.
    <9> Each game day, save the first, will begin with a negotiable deadline of 2 weeks in place.
    <9a> The first game day will begin with a negotiable deadline of 3 weeks.
    <9b>At the end of each week, if I find the activity level in the game acceptable and the week does not end with the deadline, then I will extend the deadline by one week, to a maximum of twice the original deadline (a maximum of 4 weeks for normal days, 6 weeks for the first day); the maximum deadlines are not retractable.
    <10> If deadline occurs without a full majority and a majority of voting players are voting for a player, that player will be lynched. Otherwise, No Lynch will occur.
    <11> You may elect to No Lynch any number of times during the course of the game. In order to No Lynch, one of the two following conditions must be met: either a majority of living players must vote no lynch, or no player receives a majority of votes before deadline. (To vote No Lynch, please use the format Vote: No Lynch. FoS'es for No Lynch will not be counted.)
    <12> Don't drink and post, lest ye receive Public Humilitation. (This rule is an injoke and doesn't actually do anything.)
    <13> This is a modified Deep South setup, therefore there are no nights in this game. Please see ability rules for specific rules on ability resolution.
    <14> When you die, stop posting. You may make a single "Bah!"/"Frak you!"/etc. post in the thread. You may not include game content in this post. In addition, once you are dead, please do not discuss the game with anyone other than the Mod until the game is over, as this makes the mod's life easier.
    <15> All players need to post at least once every 72 hours, or inform me if this is not possible. If you do not post for 72 hours, you will be prodded. If you are prodded, then you will need to post something (a simple "/prodded" will suffice if you're short on time) within 72 hours or you will be replaced. You will receive an Official Warning the second time you fail to post for more than 72 hours. The third time you fail to post for 72 hours, you will be replaced.
    <15a> If you have limited access, you need to post to this effect, either in V/LA or in the thread. If I prod you despite you declaring V/LA status, call me on it and I will be duly embarrassed.
    <15b> If you post before I get around to handing out the prod, you avoid the prod.
    <16> Players may only use one active ability per day (but see Rule 2). Passive abilities are not counted as special abilities for purposes of this rule.
    <17> This game will start on Day 1 after all players have confirmed (by the method specified in their role PM).
    <18> Any player who is modkilled automatically loses the game. I will modkill in the fashion that I deem most damaging to the modkilled player's faction.
    <19> I reserve the right to add rules if necessary (or if I really, really want to).
    <20> Okay, that's enough formal-sounding stuff. Good luck, have fun!

Ability Rules:

<1> There are three types of Primary abilities, Active, Reactive, and Passive.
    <2> Passive abilities are considered always on. Passive abilities cannot be roleblocked.
    <3> Reactive abilities automatically activate and resolve when a specific action (known as the trigger) occurs. Reactive abilities cannot be roleblocked.
    <4> Active abilities are further divided into three categories, Rapid Action, Twilight Action, and Daybreak Action.
    <5> Rapid Action abilities can be used at anytime during the day. These abilities cannot be roleblocked.
    <6> Twilight Actions MUST be sent before the Twilight begins. If a Twilight Action is not received before the twilight begins it is considered not used. There will be no exception. These abilities can be roleblocked
    <7> Daybreak Actions must be sent before Twilight ends. Normally there will be a final deadline for Daybreak actions a few hours after Twilight begins. These abilities can be roleblocked.
    Any active ability that does not specify that it is a Twilight or Rapid Action is a Daybreak action.

Location Rules:

<1> This game will use a Location System. At the beginning of the game there will be 6 locations.
    <2> Every player gains the following Twilight Action:
    Place to Sleep
    : Active - Twilight - Choose a place among the available locations to spend the night. If you do not choose, one will be chosen for you randomly and sent to you. This ability does not count against your one active ability limit. This ability cannot be roleblocked.
    <3> The Following locations are available at the start of the game:
    Stables

Blacksmith

Barn

Windmill

Silo

River

<4> The locations are located in a grid format, as follows:

General Knowledge:

Knowledge of the Wheel of Time books may be useful, but is not essential. The following general knowledge should be enough for this game.

First, the basic townie PM:
    You are a villager from a small town and have never been to a really big city. You knew there was a war... not too long ago. If you were asked what it was about, you wouldn't know specifics but you knew that good and evil fought.

In the end Good prevailed... but that didn't stop the world from nearly being destroyed by the victors...

The Aes Sedai all went insane. Or maybe it was half of them? Not many people know for sure what happened.

You've heard rumors though... the remaining Aes Sedai are all women now. Why is that? And they follow a new code now... they call it the oaths.

Why bother to know this stuff? You're just going to live and die in this small village. Nothing exciting ever happens here...

Ability(s):

Vote: You have the vote ability. This ability allows you to vote during the day to lynch a player should that player gain votes from the majority of living players.

Win Condition(s):

Town: You win the game when all threats to the town are eliminated.
    [/color][/b][/size]

Second, everyone in the world knows that Aes Sedai exist... but not everyone knows exactly what purpose they serve anymore. They were the cause of the Breaking after all...

Rumors are being spread that they follow a new code now, the "Three Oaths". If you could read you might know what they were for sure, but you only know what has been told to you, and this is what that was:
    Under the Light, I vow to speak no word that is not true.
    Under the Light, I vow never to make a weapon for one man to kill another.
    Under the Light, I vow not to use the One Power as a weapon, except against Shadowspawn, or in the last defense of my life, the life of my Warder, or that of another Sister.

There may or may not be Aes Sedai in this game. If they are, they will be bound to these oaths.
    Last edited by Kinetic on Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Roles are currently being distributed. Please confirm by PM. When greater than 60% of players confirm the thread will be unlocked.

Despite the role PM in the above post voting is not an ability in this game. It was removed at a late stage of the development to avoid some negative ability interactions and I forgot to remove it from that role PM since that post was created before that change was finalized.

The post above will stay as it is, however please disregard the Vote ability. I believe I made sure to remove it from all role PMs before they were sent out, however if I missed it and that ability is in your role PM please ignore it. Thank you.
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:36 am

Post by Kinetic »

Over 60% have confirmed. The thread will open soon and the day will begin after all (or nearly all) players have confirmed.
    Moratorium
    Moratorium
    Mafia Scum
    Moratorium
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:38 am

Post by Moratorium »

vote: zwets
    Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we write in water.
    Shadow Knight
    Shadow Knight
    Goon
    Shadow Knight
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:07 am

Post by Shadow Knight »

<---- Confused. So we can vote, but its not considered an ability?
    Show
    House of Mirrors- Dead
    Werewolves of MH- Dead
    MKM II- Dead
    Wheel of Time- Dead
    Fantasy- Coney Island

Town/Mafia/SK/Cult/Oth 5/3/1/0/0
    Win/Loss/Draw/Abandoned 4/1/0/1
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

Shadow Knight wrote:<---- Confused. So we can vote, but its not considered an ability?
    I recieved several confused PMs asking if they were allowed to vote because they did not have the
    Vote
    ability that is present in the townie PM in the second post.

At one point in the game Vote was considered an ability that was placed in everyone's role PM. I removed that because although interesting it was ultimately redundant. I merely forgot to remove it from the PM in the second post and I'm not removing it now because that might cause more confusion. Everyone can vote as normal like any other Mafia game.
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 am

Post by Kinetic »

Although, it is currently Night Zero and the game hasn't started yet, so any votes will be disregarded until the game begins.
    Myndrunner
    Myndrunner
    Townie
    Myndrunner
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:52 am

Post by Myndrunner »

I wonder if an Aes Sedai would be allowed to vote a lynch on one who is not a darkfriend?
    I always lie when i'm innocent!
    Slicey
    Slicey
    Mafia Scum
    Slicey
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:12 am

Post by Slicey »

Myndrunner is officially awesome for having a House avatar.
    Taking a temporary retirement from playing mafia games... damn you invitationals.
    Coming in Summer 2010: Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Mafia. The most nonsensical game of mafia you'll ever play.
    Note: V/LA most weekends, sorry.
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:43 am

Post by Sajin »

Kinetic wrote:
    Although, it is currently Night Zero and the game hasn't started yet, so any votes will be disregarded until the game begins.
    Kinetic wrote:
    Game Rules:

<13> This is a modified Deep South setup, therefore
    there are no nights in this game
    . Please see ability rules for specific rules on ability resolution.
    *points*
    Kinetic
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Kinetic
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:47 am

Post by Kinetic »

Sajin wrote:
    Kinetic wrote:
    Kinetic wrote:
    Game Rules:

*points*
    This game hasn't started yet, thus it can be night and still there will be no nights in the game. :-)
    Sajin
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Sajin
    Mafia Scum
    Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:48 am

Post by Sajin »

Kinetic wrote:
    Sajin wrote:
    Kinetic wrote:
    Kinetic wrote:
    Game Rules:

*points*
    This game hasn't started yet, thus it can be night and still there will be no nights in the game. :-)
    Have you ever heard of this game called mafia? I think you would be good at it. :P

Fair enough.
    Seraphim
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades
    Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:25 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Myndrunner wrote:I wonder if an Aes Sedai would be allowed to vote a lynch on one who is not a darkfriend?
    If I recall from the last game, Aes Sedai could vote but could not hammer.
    Mr. Flay
    Mr. Flay
    Metatron
    Mr. Flay
    Metatron
    Metatron

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

Seraphim wrote:
    Myndrunner wrote:I wonder if an Aes Sedai would be allowed to vote a lynch on one who is not a darkfriend?
    I'll need to read the Mini, then. We should probably also select who will hammer in most instances.

*snores*
    Albert B. Rampage
    Albert B. Rampage
    Survivor
    Albert B. Rampage
    Survivor
    Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

The brightly shining midday sun masked the rasping winds blowing from the riverbank as Abel Magebeater lifted his hood to take in the scenery. From the hilltop's vantage point, a humble village was barely perceptible, but three long days of travel gave the sight of his destination a rewarding feeling. A restless neighing suddenly shook the rider from his reverie.

"Calm yourself, Clarice," he whispered.

His enervated companion snorted in reply. The noble beast could not be blamed, its loyal service over the course of Abel's journey being nothing short of stoic.

"Only a little further."

The weary pair steadily descended into the cover of the woods, where the wind's bark was louder than its bite.
    Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
    MacavityLock
    MacavityLock
    Impin' Ain't Easy
    MacavityLock
    Impin' Ain't Easy
    Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

Mr. Flay wrote:
    Seraphim wrote:
    I'll need to read the Mini, then. We should probably also select who will hammer in most instances.

*snores*
    So, you want to potentially out Aes Sedai, who in the mini were pro-town power roles?
    Tucking Fypo
    Tucking Fypo
    Townie
    Tucking Fypo
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:42 pm

Post by Tucking Fypo »

MacavityLock wrote:
    Mr. Flay wrote:
    Seraphim wrote:

*snores*
    So, you want to potentially out Aes Sedai, who in the mini were pro-town power roles?
    I don't know much about the roles from the past game can someone post a link? I am not familiar with this theme tbh.
    Faraday
    Faraday
    ...should I be here?
    Faraday
    ...should I be here?
    ...should I be here?

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Post by Faraday »

viewtopic.php?t=9984&start=0
    is the link to the mini. I'd reccomend the books to anyone too, as they're amazing. :D

I'm off to read the mini, myself.
    are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
    MacavityLock
    MacavityLock
    Impin' Ain't Easy
    MacavityLock
    Impin' Ain't Easy
    Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

The Game
    The Roles

I would not expect the roles to be the exact same nor would I expect that every rule will be the same, as I would think that the mini was at least a partial test for this game.
    Isacc
    Isacc
    Goon
    Isacc
    Goon
    Goon

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:47 pm

Post by Isacc »

Albert wrote:The brightly shining midday sun masked the rasping winds blowing from the riverbank as Abel Magebeater lifted his hood to take in the scenery. From the hilltop's vantage point, a humble village was barely perceptible, but three long days of travel gave the sight of his destination a rewarding feeling. A restless neighing suddenly shook the rider from his reverie.

"Calm yourself, Clarice," he whispered.

His enervated companion snorted in reply. The noble beast could not be blamed, its loyal service over the course of Abel's journey being nothing short of stoic.

"Only a little further."

The weary pair steadily descended into the cover of the woods, where the wind's bark was louder than its bite.
    Wow, that's either just really creative or some crazy serious breadcrumbing, lmao.
    Ok, you are neglecting two things. One; the Aes Sedai can be black Ajah, meaning they are darkfriends (scum) and unbound by the Oaths. Thus, if a person successfully hammers, and then claims Aes Sedai...they are lying.

Also,
    Second, everyone in the world knows that Aes Sedai exist... but not everyone knows exactly what purpose they serve anymore. They were the cause of the Breaking after all...
    This game takes place in a very different time period than the Mini. This is close after the Breaking, it seems, which may mean any number of things about Aes Sedai. Who knows how good, evil, or self-aligned the Aes Sedai will be this time around.

All that said, I think it's probably best to use this knowledge only to verify any Aes Sedai that end up having to claim.

Speaking of which, if this is anything like the mini, something that got forgotten after I had died in the last WoT mafia; if an Aes Sedai proves they cannot hammer,
    they are confirmed town
    . The reason they couldn't hammer is because they were bound by the oaths, and if they were bound by the oaths, they cannot be scum.

Just thought I'd point that out because I wanted to
    scream
    it back in WoT after I had died.
    Show
    My mini normal is running! Yaaaay!

[b]Back from nationals![/b]

Check out my machinima:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/FriendlyFireProduct
    Tucking Fypo
    Tucking Fypo
    Townie
    Tucking Fypo
    Townie
    Townie

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Post by Tucking Fypo »

MacavityLock wrote:The Game
    The Roles

I would not expect the roles to be the exact same nor would I expect that every rule will be the same, as I would think that the mini was at least a partial test for this game.
    Thanks for the link. I am going to try and read that to get a feel on this game.
    Seraphim
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Actually, that isn't completely true. If an Aes Sedai with a cop ability investigated a player and received a scum result, I'm fairly sure they could hammer the next day.

Also, the Aes Sedai should NOT claim unless they feel they absolutely need to...that's part of the reason that the town lost last game was because of power roles prematurely claiming.
    Faraday
    Faraday
    ...should I be here?
    Faraday
    ...should I be here?
    ...should I be here?

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:05 pm

Post by Faraday »

Seraphim wrote:Actually, that isn't completely true. If an Aes Sedai with a cop ability investigated a player and received a scum result, I'm fairly sure they could hammer the next day.
    Flavourally this would clearly be correct, due to them believeing the player to be scum, and since Aes Sedai can use the One Power as a weapon against shadowspawn.

I agree w/ the second part too, outing power roles, or possible power roles is always a bad idea.
    are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
    Seraphim
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Seraphim
    she/her
    Jack of All Trades
    Jack of All Trades

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:09 pm

Post by Seraphim »

I'm glad to say that, looking over the player list, that no one deserves a policy lynch which is good.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”