Post by Zaphod Beeblebrox »

I broke the game.

The scum team is:
Raging Wishbone
Apples and Banana
Yosariwen

DIE SCUM DIE

vote: Raging Wishbone
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Incamnito wrote:Yay!

I was just getting low on games.

VOTE : ZMD

Why? I was listening to Portishead, the new album, and I was thinking that it is just as progressive for TODAY as the old albums were FOR THEN.
Like, logically, Portishead(Third) is to NOW as Portishead(Dummy) was to 1994. You understand.

And
FOS Yosariwen
for artificially inflating thier post count.
MARK MY WORDS.

If Incamnito flips scum, Zmd is town, and Yosariwen is Incamnito's buddy.
[i]"That's it,' said Zaphod with the sort of grin that would get most people locked away in a room with soft walls."[/i]
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:51 pm

Though the following declaration is in direct contradiction with my first post...

I am now ready to declare the first townie of the game.

I speak of Yosariwen. Obvtown.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (isolation #3) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:20 pm

This is perhaps the most fascinatingly frightening thing I've seen in a while (though my tiredness + big test tomorrow might well be contributing heavily to that perception). Especially the idiosyncratic posting and the mounting (but probably unfounded) fear that we'll get stuck in the random stage too long. Anyway. Hey, other head, how sure are you re Raging Wishbone's scumhood? I feel tempted to random vote Zmd but you got here first.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #4) » Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:53 pm

J-Scope (specifically, whoever is interested in questioning Pesco Light re voting the Mod): What do you know of Forbiddanlight's meta? Am curious.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #5) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:56 pm

The goofball half thinks Yosariwen is super-town, AND totally not scum.

I've been scum with both heads of the Yosariwen hydra. My expertise is unparalleled.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #6) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:26 pm

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:Goofball, did you learn any scumtells from playing with Nuwen and Yos2?
oooo yeah... send $100 to my PayPal account...
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #7) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:27 pm

I'd llike to add that, if Incamnito was any more town, my eyes would implode.

unvote, vote: Frog Dodging
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:57 pm

Hiya again.

J-Scope, I'm pretty sure that FL picked up voting-the-Mod as her personal shtick for use in most games.

Zmd, I am curious and slightly suspicious at your lack of self-vote.
FOS Zmd
Pesco Light wrote:I'm taking that as over-reacting to an obv-prod vote. It can stay.

Pesco
Huh, Frog Dodging, among others, hadn't even posted by that point. Camn had posted (off the hydra by accident - Camn, maybe see if you can set the hydra board style to something different than your main account, i.e. sepia if your main is on subsilver etc. Nuwen, I think you did the smae thing, so same friendly suggestion goes out to you as well) a little under an hour before your vote. How, may I ask, did you expect that to 'obv' be read as a prod vote? Did you mean prod as 'nudge to answer these questions'? Also, Pesco Light, pro-tip: read the thread. Incamn referenced the other game and was told off by the Mod. She cannot be expected to answer anything further regarding what points she was trying to make and examine with that reference and speculation.
Nuwen wrote:The wagon on Camn appeared out of nowhere and is bankrupt of any real foundation. As a reaction fisher, the wagon lacks enough substance to properly pull a read out of Incog or Camn.
This, this random stage is both too long and too insubstantial for my delicate tastes. By the way, I'm *slightly/somewhat* more concerned about heavy bandwagoning in the random stage in this game specifically. We have, as of the time I'm writing this ~2.3 days before the action block cometh. Scum bandwagoning, with these deadlines, can equal falling back on suboptimal bandwagons, possibly random-stage bandwagons, in anticipation of the relentless scumkill rate.
HOS: Pesco Light
re both of the above.

The Plum half agrees that Yosariwen looks reasonably townish. She'd also like, ideally, to at the very least keep pace with the scumkills. Gaining much on them would be nice in an ideal world, but the time constraints, aided and abetted by the lurking here (and I see more scum motivation to lurk in this game, so we must needs draw these lurkers out like poison from a snake bite) are already threatening to heavily compromise our ability to make optimal lynches.

- Plum (for those who can't tell the different between me and DGB . . . trust me, you will soon enough :P)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm finding most of the participating players giving me a townie read, which is exceptional.

The scum is lurking like mad.

*DGB*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 29, 2009 4:53 pm

This is
Plum
here today, answering questions shot my way . . .
Pesco Light wrote:I take it you're serious about this. Let's hear some reasons why.
In that post you noted

a) Incamn's vote on J-Scope, which seemed mostly random and

b) Incamn's speculations about the other game, which I will not describe further.

The one looked mostly jokey and the second perhaps more serious, like a mostly RVS vote turning into something more serious - but, asking for reasons why so serious, the answers would be within the category of things not to be discussed lest Mod kill. I can sort of see why you might have been thinking that way, so I'm content to drop it itself as a point of strong attack on contention on my part. However, I do still want you to clarify how the vote there was an 'obv-prod' vote.
Ortohoops wrote:
I propose during periods when the town has even numbers, we don't leave players at L-1 for this reason. Any claim to prevent your lynch in this scenario should be done before you're left dangling and susceptable to scum killing someone to drop the numbers.
Nice thinking, Ortohoops; my obv endorsement here should be obvious.
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:Not the massive three person page 1 bandwagon! Damn, that goes to lynch all the time, gotta be vigilant about that sorta thing.
Learn to read. We need to lynch more than every 84 hrs. This is a speed game, we were wasting time on the Camn wagon.
Raging Wishbone: why did you find it necessary to remove your random vote despite not having a better candidate at the time???
Raging Wishbone wrote:If I am wrong and Incamito was killed by scum with five votes on him, why? Why would scum waiste that kill on someone who was wagoned so hard? Did he write something that really scared the scum team?
Only RVS pressure + she looked town + apparently there were breadcrumbs. It doesn't strongly smell of Town kill and frankly . . . this post gives me bad vibes in the region of my gut.

Ortohoops: Lurking is scummy especially in this game and I plan to weigh it heavily with other scumtells when attempting to determine who is scum. Straight lurker lynches are less optimal than lynches of people who lurk and exhibit other scumtells. I
think
this is the position you took. Yes?
populartajo wrote:DGb with Hoopla
It's Plum with DGB :cry:.

Zmd, good point made about Ragin Wishbone's unvote, perhaps helping to explain my gut twitch at it. I like it less, looking back on it.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Are you kidding me sweety? I aint voting for PL, because you disguise a fart as some sort of diatribe that is suppossed to be an articulate argument! Lynch scum DUMBASS, not Townies!
I think someone else already pointed out that this was pretty counterproductive.

Nuwen's explanation of outing Incamn's breadcrumbs . . . was stupid. I agree. Especially, and this is interesting, because she specifically said the crumbs indicated a 'data role'. Anyway, to what degree to scum usually crumb? Methinks this has less to do with how many possible scum roles there are versus town powerroles and more to do with how likely it is scum will fakeclaim. But in any case, it makes no sense to out the crumbs. Nuwen's explanation doesn't make much sense, but then again as scum the best thing to do would be to not mention it outside the scum quicktopic and kill Incamn. Or possibly fish to try to confirm those suspicions, as that's possible that's what Nuwen was trying.

Unless Yosariwen is SK and Nuwen tried to out a PR to the scum? Gah, the thing makes such little sense that my Occam's Razor sense is getting a major error message.

I'll avoid asking my other head questions in this thread, but I need to discuss this further with DGB.

Frog Dodging wrote:Explain "Incamn's crumbing was a null-tell" v. "Incamn's crumbing was more likely to be scum than town" to me, please.
^^goodpostthar
Yosariwen wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Why would you assume something before you have reason to assume it? I'd say that Yosariwen pointing out the breadcrumb thus signaling to the scum "HEY-O POWER ROLE HERE" is a much better reason for the kill than to frame 5 people on a bandwagon.
Why are you assuming it was a scum kill, Frog? Especally considering that there were 5 votes on the wagon, I wouldn't at all be surprised if the Incamn kill was a compulsive vig (remember, if there is a compulsive vig, that role has to kill every single action phase, every 96 hours.)
This ALSO makes me twitch. I would guess, if I had to, that Incamn was a kill o' scum.

Apples and Banana is active lurking and distracting from actualy scumhunt with discussion of how many posts per day is acceptable. Seriously, if you give one post per day with reasonable substantial contribution, that's enough for me.

Unvote; Vote: Apples and Banana

Keeping other eyes on Raging Wishbone and Yosariwen. Heavens, I'm eating DGB's dust in noting down these guys for suspicion. Funny.

*Plum*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 am

I don't know who is scum, but I'm pretty sure Yosariwen isn't one. Everything adds up and is credible. I'm pretty sure sexyshafty is town, too, he/she is his/her town self.

*DGB*
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #12) » Fri May 01, 2009 9:44 am

This is Plum at the helm saying that Yosariwen is probably town. And that Raging Wishbone and Apples and Banana are probably my top suspects. I will, jhowever, try to do a readthrough and commentary now; we'll see how long it is . . .

Ortohoops' post noting something Trotsky said early is good. It may involve WIFOM but I'm inclined to agree that Trotsky was more likely pointing out three actual townies (Myself is confirmed to me, Incamn has flipped, and I'm inclined to say Yosariwen is town without this).
Ragin Wishbone wrote:Thus far I see Frod Dodging being useless, arguing against Orthoops' plan (meaning supporting slowing down the game, meanig bad) and then after being called out on it immediately upping the aggressive with a vote on Yosariwen, who thus far feels strongly town. That's definitely good enough for a
vote: frog dodging
I don't see that; I see FD arguing against basically policy lurker lynchng. I agree that speedlynching lurkes is a bad idea, but I'm not letting the lurkers of the hook: lurking, especially active lurking/posting without much actual content will be weighted as a BIG scumtell in my books. Nvertheless, I think the first part of your attack on FD here is a misrepresentation, as Ortohoops' plan was not perfect; parts were not even good ideas to implement, and I don't see FD's arguments against it as actually translating into wanting to slow the game down, as you say.
FOS Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone wrote:I'm not at all suspicious of Yosariwen, the crumbing, while a bad move, feels like unnatural play for scum (especially smart scum), and while I've never played with Nuwen, Yos feels like his town self thus far.
For posterity and the sake of maintaining my sanity as I write this, I'm noting this.
Pesco Light wrote:Let the vig take care of lurkers.
Yeah, except there's every chance it's an SK, no?

@ Apples and Banana
Sign your posts, please. This is a special request from me and I need it to better read you and will consider it scummy, or at least very shady, if you refuse.
Apples and Banana wrote:PBPA of Yosariwen:
Yosariwen wrote:The timer counting down the end to Action Phase 1 is off - it's set to 12:00 on 3-30-09 instead of 4-30-09. Link to fixed countdown.

thanks for the correct link. Editing the OP now. ~Adel
Not game-related, but here for the sake of having all the posts.
Second post in the game, dears, pointing out an error to the Mod is an absolute nulltell. The first part may be true, but the conclusion you come to is unmitigatd, scummy junk.
Apples and Banana wrote:Lurker vote, when, as pointed out, several other hydras hadn't posted either. Quite coincidental, in hindsight, that he happened to pick someone that flipped Scum, given how many people had yet to post.
But as Yos said, pressuring would work best with a specific target and a vote on said target. Yes, his answer was good, and no, I don't find that suspicios, but I'm seeing shades of the Too Townie to be Town fallacy from you, A&B. Coincidence is null.

Another weak, WIFOMy, semanitc-reachy comment on Yos from A&B.

All in all, I've come to a point where I disagree that Nuwen's crumb-outing indicates scum for her, and much of the rest of the case is wrong and misrepresentative and scummy. And no, I don't, at this point, see the Trotsky vote by Yosariwen as anything but coincidence + possibly the fact that lurkers are more likely to be scum.

@ Raging Wishbone
also sign your posts for me please with which hydra head is talking.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Paraphrasing the rest of the posts today; I think the sexed v yo/nuw argument sound like two townies... although Frog Dodge made an excellent point elaborating on a few other posts that it did seem like Yoso lied and completely contradicted Nuwens post about them not talking...

My partner wants his vote on Froggy right now, so I'm leaving it there, but we talked earlier and he said he would be able to post soonish... so if he wants to take Yoso to L1... I trust my honey Bunnies judgement.

I ain't got many good scum reads right now, I have town reads...

Jscope
Hoops
PokeaTaj

I kinda think...

yousonew
sexwithashaft

...and probably frogdoger may be townies. In fact without my partner around I would unvote frogdodge if he was in danger of being lynched... Yoso I am just not so sure about, I also dont like that she is posting elsewhere as someone else pointed out but not here?
You're trusting your partner's judgement on two players you think may be town? No strong scum reads? Get some and grow a spine while you're at it, please; if you think someone is scum, don't sit with your vote on him or her.

Somehow the whole discussion of who/if tried maybe to get Yosariwen modkilled seems both distracting and pointless in retrospect.
Raging Wishbone wrote:This will be a BAD lynch imo, so whoever pulls the trigger please make sure everyone else wants to stay on board considering the dialog of the last few hours!
This on the rospect of a Yosariwen lynch.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Regarding YoSo, I would not vote to lynch them, (other than their possible lie and trying to find an excuse for sexEd, I still think they sound like townies trying to stay in the game).... then again my partner is much wiser and expereinced than I am so if he votes them tomorrow or next chance he has to vote I will support his choice!
*pulls out hair in frustration* Also RW keeps continuing the train of thought re someone possibly trying to get Yosariwen mokilled . . .

DEATH looked okay to me, just a bit, er . . . I'd say dense, but with two hours of sleep I'd probably be worse; after he realizes his error, the gut town read on him lines up.
Raging Wishbone wrote:I am really thinking yoso is a bad lynch... Whoever wants to hammer, please read the last four pages (tonights posts) carefully... and give it just a tad of time. My partner said he would probably be around tomorrow afternoon and I know RR will cut through those pages like butter melts on warm bread...

I am NOT stalling, a few hours wont hurt... I just really think there was something important in the last four pages and it would be prudent for everyone to consider before hammering yo/nuwen!
If you think someone is town and a bad lynch you basically have the obligation, as a Townie, to argue some against the lynch, tll us why it's bad, and offer an alternative suspect. I don't see any of that; you're just assuming it's inevitable . . . scum distancing from town wagon? Gah, I'll try to make that the first and last of the sort of speculation for the moent, sorry.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Aha I see what happened, the alts are confussing things... Here is the last post I see from DGB/plum or Zaphord Beeblebrox?
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
Unvote; Vote: Apples and Banana

*Plum*
If she voted for SexEd... I can't find it?
I think it was a mistake on the part of the Mod.

ZMD, WHY AM I WONDERING WHETHER YOU GUYS ARE EVEN IN THIS GAME, HUH?
Raging Wishbone wrote:meh, I have been thinking.. I guess you all are right and I am wrong A & B, SexEd, my humble apologies... I give, she can go to L1...

UNVOTE: Vote YosNuwen!

I guess we all get credit for the hammer now. ;)
Sudden, unexpected, unexplaianed switch from 'Yosariwen is prob town' to 'I'm putting Yosariwen at L-1 because suddenly I decided I needed to lick everyone's boots'? DIE SCUM DIE.

Unvote; Vote: Raging Wishbone

Ugh, and then you go back on yourself aagin? *is going to be bald at this rate of hair-pulling*

And then you vote again because apparently Nuwen didn't answer certain of your questions except I can't see where any questions you've asked have made any sense? *goes to pull out her sister's hair*
Raging Wishbone wrote:@ Yoso: There was another game a bunch of the same people here played called "Lovers multi ball".... so you put together a nice AIM log,...well four of our scum posted FAKE daytalk in that game ten times more convincing then what you wrote! They were SleepeyPanda/Armix and the other scum was Neko/Sekinj... Their daytalk was a brilliant attempt, but it was really easy to cut through the BS and end that scum game quick.
This both means nothing about Yosariwen's alignment and makes no sense in the context of the arguemtns I think you're trying to make.
Raging Wishbone wrote:Would I hammer you both now? NO! But I have no problem putting you at l1 after spending half my night defending you and I will let the rest of the town be the judge of this and who we lynch. :wink:
I judge RW to be scum and in need of a mice swift lynch in the, uh, neck. If you're not willing to hammer someone, especially in this game it would beg the question: Why did you put Yosariwen at L-1? Want to seem clean of blood?

RW is scum and A&B probably are, too. The WW half seems to have been the one who did that. Anyone have a meta on RR specifically? Remember, both pairs I suspect, I need you both to sign your posts from now on, all of them.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (isolation #13) » Sat May 02, 2009 6:22 am

Both of Zaphod's heads disagree with the wagon on Yosariwen. The intense focus on it is getting in the way of other avenues of scum hunting and detrimental to the town.

We noticed that Yosariwen is not voting. Perhaps a good starting point to diversifying discussion would be for Yosariwen to analyze players and post a list of suspects.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (isolation #14) » Sat May 02, 2009 11:14 am

sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:DGB why have you been strangely quiet?
I will say this. I'd be very surprised if Yosariwen was bus'ed. I would look for scum off the wagon, or very late on the wagon. Not pushing the wagon or early. I say this, fully realizing that I was off the wagon.

As to why I'm quiet. First of all other games have exhausted me lately and turned me off the game to quite a degree. Secondly Xyl doesn't like me anymore and has blacklisted me and this saddens me. Third, I find that there is a trend of people tunneling irrationally on players to the extend of disrupting scumhunting efforts and making things generally unpleasant. I find that I really don't enjoy that sort of game atmosphere one bit. It's like half the players are Fritzlerized. I'm going to finish my games, but I won't sign up for new ones for a while, if ever. I may still run a fun game in August. We'll see.

Looking at the wagon, I'd say that:

Frog Dodging, sex w/ shafteds wife club, Ortohoops,
Pesco Light, Raging Wishbone, Zmd

The players in green are almost confirmed town. Those in blue to a lesser extent, it might be last minute desperate distancing/bus'ing.

I'm also nearly certain that there is one scum among the below:
PoketheAlpaca, J-Scope,Death the Hogfather
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #15) » Sat May 02, 2009 11:24 am

Raging Wishbone wrote:I agree with this, and RR made metnion of it early in the game. She was extremely pro-active in the last two games I played with her and seems active elsewhere on MS, so I am not sure why she is not more involved.
Like I said in the previous post. I'm pretty beat up and I'm scrunched up in my corner licking my wounds.

Anyway. After I gave Yosariwen some headroom to hunt scum, they didn't take the opportunity, but rather dug themselves in the defensive position.

This is what the Yosariwen hydra chose to post:
Yosariwen wrote:Anyway, my main suspect right now is Raging Wishbone. Early on, they were defending me; then all of a sudden they turned around and joined my wagon, for reasons that make absolutly no sense at all. And it's interesting to note that he was not willing to hammer me, but wanted on to the bandwagon when it wasn't a hammer; which just makes it look like he knows the wagon is going to go bad, and dosn't want to take the blame for it.

Vote:Raging wishbone
No natural OMGUS, no outrage at being wagoned unfairly... only a weak case against a single player.

Paradoxically, I agree with Yosariwen's analysis, flavored as it is with distancing, because Raging Wishbone acted exactly the way one would expect scum to react to the Day 1 wagon of a valuable buddy. First defending, then joining for reasons that make no sense, but not willing to hammer.

I would wager that Raging Wishbone is Yosariwen's buddy. Opinions?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (isolation #16) » Sat May 02, 2009 11:51 am

@ RW

I am not trying to start a wagon on you, I asked for other player's opinions for the purpose of discussing.

I don't have "4 top suspects."

What I did is to eliminate players on the wagon that almost certainly town.

Then I think it's likely that one scum is in the red group, and another in the blue group.

Reading is tech.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #17) » Sat May 02, 2009 12:04 pm

Ortohoops wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote: Then I think it's likely that one scum is in the red group, and another in the blue group.
Why do you think two scum?
It's on "average." I expect, on average, one scum in the first group, and another in the second group. If there is a third scum, it would be in the blue group if the player was sure that Yosariwen was going down in flames, or in the green group if the player thought there was hope and maybe even lurked.

I think it's important to check the reasons why players hopped late on the wagon, and the circumstances. As for the red group, we need to examine the manner in which they stayed off.

@ RW No I don't yet have a case on a particular player.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (isolation #18) » Sat May 02, 2009 12:45 pm

SensFan wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:Looking at the wagon, I'd say that:

Frog Dodging, sex w/ shafteds wife club, Ortohoops,
Pesco Light, Raging Wishbone, Zmd

The players in green are almost confirmed town. Those in blue to a lesser extent, it might be last minute desperate distancing/bus'ing.

I'm also nearly certain that there is one scum among the below:
PoketheAlpaca, J-Scope,Death the Hogfather
Not sure where in the timeline, I think I'm between Hoops and Pesco, but I was also on the wagon.
Did you vote with your hydra name, or as SensFan? Because if you voted as SensFan, it didn't count.

Looking at PescoLight, RagingWishbone and Zmd, I'd say that both PescoLight and Zmd were the most convincing scum hunters. But I'm not sure how reliable my scumdar is these days.

Between PokeTheAlpaca, J-Scope and Death the Hogfather, PokeTheAlpaca is just putzing around doing nothing, least of all scum hunting. J-scope was all over the place voting everyonr under the sun. Speed-wagoning??? Seens a little too careless to be scummy. Death the Hogfater voted Yosariwen then switched to Kmd when the wagon gained traction.

I'd say that RW, PTA and DTH are the scummiest of the lot.

And a reminder:
Trotskyscum wrote:
RagingWishbone wrote: Sorry I still don't get it, there was not 50% of the votes places on Incangnitoan? Alright so Nuwen made a huge MISTAKE? As far as my meta and previous experiences playing with her, she seems to think she is incapable of mistakes? I'm not sure I am buying this?
this tone is so fake.

add post 119, 121 and 127 to the picture and you get a scummyperson. i count appeal to emotion, buddying up, strawmanning, ad hominem and a strong and apparently baseless conviction in pescolight's townliness. war in heaven people, was walt wishbone's posting so annoyingly scummy? i doubt these posts are raging rabbit, unless he had a severe concussion. (yes, i am korts atm and haven't consulted rofl about this)
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #417 (isolation #19) » Sun May 03, 2009 2:39 pm

Is that the sweet, sweet sound of scum giving up I just heard?

*DGB*

vote Death the Hogfather
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (isolation #20) » Sun May 03, 2009 3:57 pm

Zmd wrote:I don't know. One scum left. I'd think scum would put up more of a fight knowing their dead buddies are counting on them.
Losing two buddies on page 17 and Day 2, now perhaps alone against 10 townies?

AND under suspicion...

That has got to be rather demoralizing.

I think that's what Death The Hogfather is trying to tell us.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (isolation #21) » Mon May 04, 2009 1:38 am

Ortohoops wrote:
The thing is though, if Hogfather was the last scum, why would he throw the game away and not try and stop his lynch? I know they've been having hydra problems, but if you were the last alive for your team, I doubt he'd be accepting a loss so easily.

I think he's probably lazy town.
I can think of many reasons.
  • He's one scum against 9 players.
    It's only Day 2.
    There's a wagon on him already.
    He has hydra problems.
I can see someone giving up.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #450 (isolation #22) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:17 am

Frog Dodging wrote:Action Phase 1 we tracked Yosariwen, who strangely enough we got no result on. Also, I've discussed this with my partner and we've realized there's almost no downside to claiming who we're going to track next. ZMD, if you are a non-doc power role, do not target us. If you're scum and you target us, there's a good chance we'll see you.

Also, reduce the suspect pool etc. etc.
Vote Death the Hogfather
ciao!
I believe that was the hammer.

This might wrap up the game for a tidy town win.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #23) » Mon May 04, 2009 8:51 am

You forgot to include results with your claim.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #24) » Mon May 04, 2009 9:52 am

If you are a town tracker, you will be killed (if Death the Hogfater was town). So why not give your result?
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #469 (isolation #25) » Mon May 04, 2009 3:21 pm

SensFan wrote:
Ortohoops wrote:Apples and Banana, please claim your results now. Not after people have claimed their action

I want to confirm you actually are a tracker
You can confirm I'm a Tracker in the days to come.

Oh, and search my posts in isolation. Up until my claim, everytime I referred to the role Tracker, I spelled it "Trakcer".
Please post with your hydra.

We're vanilla.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #473 (isolation #26) » Mon May 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Ortohoops wrote:I think this is the way I'm going to go once the cooldown phase is over. DGB has been uncharacteristically quiet this game - I don't know if she's trying to alter her own scum meta, or she's just been busy, but I don't like her ties with Yos-scum.
Weird somment here makes me raise my eyebrows but honestly I'm not sure why.

Don't think I've forgotten RW's overall wishywashyness.
Raging Wishbone wrote:No, this [wanting to vote and/or lynch a playerbut not wanting to hammer him] doesn't make sense. And no, that doesn't make it a scumtell.
In this case it looks very much like scum wishywashyness, especially when it would come to bussing a valuable teammate. DGB teels me from her experience with WW he sometimes feels off as town anyway, his thinking patterns etc. It is or can be a scumtell - scum might have an interest in not looking too much like a hammer-busser; in that case WW kinda failed hard. RR's posts, however, read as very reasonable and moderately townie, so I'm not sure what to make of it.
Yosariwen wrote:Anyway, my main suspect right now is Raging Wishbone. Early on, they were defending me; then all of a sudden they turned around and joined my wagon, for reasons that make absolutly no sense at all. And it's interesting to note that he was not willing to hammer me, but wanted on to the bandwagon when it wasn't a hammer; which just makes it look like he knows the wagon is going to go bad, and dosn't want to take the blame for it.
Gah, the WIFOM, it burnses us, precioussss.

Wanted to finish rereading and thinking but late night = being sent to bed. More ASAP, which unfortunately may be tomorrow night at earliest - my school proxy is a bit schizo with scum threads, and it doesn't like the DHSDSM threads, prob because of sex w/ shafted' wife's club's username :P.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (isolation #27) » Wed May 06, 2009 4:04 pm

Kison and lullaby, I cannot spell the username you came up with at all wrote:2. With one tracker (confirmed by sex's flip) out and one roleblocker down, town can play follow the tracker and force scum to hunt the doc (if they exist). Which is a very ideal situation all around.
The "if they exist" bit is the crucial part here - I'm not sure why in the world you assumed it was the case or why two claimed Trackers wouldn't be a good thing in that case anyway. Juxtaposed with your first clause of having not thoroughly assimilated the information in the rules, I'm not sure what to make of this sort of mistake - how possible was this scum trying to throw suspicion on a dangerous claimed Tracker, and how possible it was just another mistake in thinking.
FOS you guys, however you spell it
- Nevermind, my analysis of the Yosariwen wagon's evolution has pinned you as not likely scum; I have more likely fish to fry.
Raging Wishbone wrote:He's just comfortable voting for the guy he thinks would be a likely mislynch.
ortolan wrote:determined by voting does not equal arbitrary, certainly not more than any other method we could use of deciding who to lynch.
The merits of doing this:

1. We don't screw up we win.

2. We screw up we lose the entire game.

3. How not to screw up picking two people to trust as townies?

Plum's first approachLook at the Yosariwen wagon, choose the two on earliest, then read to confirm whether it was still likely bussing would be one viable appraoch. We have Ortohoops and Apples and Banana. Since after Yosawriwen's lynch my scum gut on A&B has disappeared, then they claimed Tracker (a claim I find fairly believable (breadcrumb looks pretty genuine etc.). Again, bussibussing your last scumbuddy hard early looks very unlikely. I'd even say, from that point, that Nyb is unlikely scum as well (this also, I believe, coincides with DGB's views - she's V/LA, if you recall).

I was going to reread Zmd in isolation first to give myself a better handle on stuff I've missed/not gotten a real feel for, but it seems A&B may have something extremely interested to say which would make that, basically, not an optimal use of time. Right now I plan to rescan from the beginning, especially looking for more info on

a) How the Yosariwen wagon started and evolved

and

b) How my current top proto-suspects played on that wagon

also

c) Any other connections with known scum?
Raging Wishbone wrote:I love this post... Did you really not read that he had been killed? I tend to agree with you speed lynching lurkers is fail, but I do agree with a few others who said this game needs to move quick. I have yet to speak with my partner since this game started yesterday, but for now I am going to unvote...

UNVOTE: Trotsky
Good to be reminded where his random vote was, and the fact that he unvoted for no pressing reason and did not even vote someone else at that time. It's . . . intriguing.

Orto's vote does
not
look like likely scum bussing. Pesco Light's - that's now Nyb - as well. Bit less so, maybe, but still. RW is all over the map, getting pretty involved in the 'who, if anyone, tried to get Yosariwen modkilled?" thread, which I thought was very unproductive, possible RW got so involved to distract from the Yosariwen wagon (his wishy-washy stance has been noted to death, so I won't elaborate much on it now. Suffice to say it was suspect, whatever WW was on).

J-Scope votes, maybe tries to kickstart a wagon on (?) Ortohoops for looking opportunistic in voting Yosariwen. Scum distraction?

Zmd isn't around much where I'm reading right now.

J-Scope continues here to build a case against Orto while Yosariwen is at L-1.

RW is Yos' top suspect when asked for one at L-1. I'd try to fish out what that would say about RW, but it's all - such - deep - WIFOM.

Zmd's vote actually looks like it's quite possible they just weren't around at the time, got back, saw yonder wagon, determined that Yosariwen was scummy, and hammered, esp. not wanting to waste time in this game.

Suspects - if we're doing us some speedlynches, I want this orrder at the moment:

J-Scope
Raging Wishbone
Zmd

Nyb

Ortohoops and A&B are at the bottom. I don't want to get lynched particularly, but with this plan it looks like something that will happen at some point, no point denying it.

Vote: J-Scope

Obviously still waiting anxiously for the conclusion of Apples and Banana vs. Zmd, which may make the above irrelevant.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #534 (isolation #28) » Thu May 07, 2009 9:39 am

Zmd wrote:Are you being serious?

None of us want DGB to leave. But what will we accomplish by letting her win this specific game if she is scum?

This post is so bad it hurts.
Yeah, see RW, I'm here too, and I'm trying to pull all my hydra's weight right now. Zaphod is Plum as well as DGB, and the hydra is still playing and doesn't see why you suggested giving a free pass. I'm Town, so on the face of it I'd like it, except that it'
not
a smart suggestion on your part if you're town.

Stuff as I was trying to read it and analyse it
Zmd wrote:Ok, so N1 Trotsky was dead and Yos didn't kill. The living scum killed N1. Sens says that we didn't target anyone N1. Him being a tracker clears us. Even if he is lying, he is the last scum, so that makes us town.

I need to check how the times work out and my school computers won't let me do that, so that's coming ASAP.
Raging Wishbone wrote:You are being sarcastic right? You are not confirmed town, lol, we have a third scum who could have submitted one of the two kills. We don't know Apples and Banana really is a tracker and actually watched you phase one... If it come down to a quick lynch, ZMD you are and have been on the top of the list, imo.
OH NO YOU DON'T. I'm going to check the timings of stuff and if Zmd can't have performed the kill they're confirmed. But we're not lynching them until we're clear that they're not confirmed. Problem is that I /think/ Trotsky was alive and could have made the Incamn kill. Again, need rechecking later.

Sesnfan wrote:I think Ortohoops is Scum.

Summary of case please? Especially explain why he bussed Yosariwen the way he did, which is my main reservation.

Nevermind, it's been analysed before me and Zmd isn't confirmed and I want to conisder Sens' point of Zmd being
prob
town for a few minutes with a clearish head.
J-Scope wrote:Zmd did you just push an argument then withdraw it in the same post? Why?

You are acknowledging correctly now that you are not confirmed town, correct? Then why did you go ahead and keep that false argument on A&B? It looks like you are falsely trying to paint him as scum.
No, it looks like a more stream-of-conciouness-type post. Kinda like this one. Zmds position and explanation of his thought process etc. do not add up to anything but a reasonable conclusion, and the fact that the thought process was shown - I can't see why you'd think it was an attempt at maing A&B look scummy when Zmd eventually concurred unless you put an enormou amount of stock in subconciouness and attempts to manipulate the ubconcious - and I don't recall Zazie or Kmd to have ever tried that as a scum gambit/strategy. Your other points and a fuller analysis of your participation on the Yosariwen caase coming as soon as I'm on a computer that lets me access the entire thread :x.

Be back soon.
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #29) » Fri May 08, 2009 11:55 am

Zmd wrote:How am I tunneling? I see A&B and Ortohoops as town. If we quicklynch you, JScope, and Zaphod, we should win. ny would be next, but I see them as pretty townie too.
These are my basic thoughts - my preferred order would be something like this, excluding any lynch on myself:

Raging Wishbone/J-Scope
then
Zmd/Nyb
then
Ortohoops/Apples and Banana

But the amin point is to get it done fast. I think there's a pretty good chance scum is among the first two hydrras I named there. J-Scope is one, but a Raging Wishbone lynch might take less time, and I don't have a very strong preference at this time.

Unvote; Vote: Raging Wishbone

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”