Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:32 pm

Post by Raging Wishbone »

Hoopla wrote:
Raging Wishbone wrote: Hoopla that was a tremendous post and it carries much merit,
although I disagree with lynching ANY townie
, imo.. We got 7 carrying over from War In Heaven (Me, you, ROFL, Tajo, Seraphim, Nuwen, and DGB)... can I PLEASE make a suggestion, we botched that game and should have won except for a few reason that were discussed during the post game "show"... It was destroyed by a difference of opinions on strategy; IE, some were playing survivor, some mafia. Some wanted to go fast, some wanted to go slow, some wanted to vote, some wanted to play cowboy...but in my opinion, the worst mistake we made as a town was trying to Speed lynch lurkers so early in the game... (thx Xyl). DONT lynch TOWNIES!
I don't want to lynch townies. Lurker =/= townie

The main point I'm trying to get across is activity should be taken into account when selecting an early lynch, especially in a game like this. For example, you have two candidates you see at relatively even chances of being scum. The first is very active, the second isn't. Activity tilts your choice in favour of the lurker.

What if the same two candidates you saw at say 35% and 30% instead? I'd still lynch the lurker on the basis the active player is giving more information about their alignment and others, helping making future lynches more accurate. A 5% difference isn't taking that much of a gamble. What about 10% or 15%? What is the biggest margin you can sacrifice? My suggestion is that it's larger than normal.

--

Basically, in my previous post I'm trying to explain that when the gap between a group of candidates is slim, you're better off keeping players that can help and have been known to help the town.
Yeah and absolutely agreed... I am actually kind wonderinf asw well as his partner why Seraphim has not posted yet since he has been here for like three hours since I have been reading this thread and replying.... Maybe he does not know the game started yet?
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:35 pm

EBWOP: Yeah and absolutely agreed... I am actually kind wonderin as well as his partner...why Seraphim has not posted yet since he has been here for like three hours since I have been reading this thread and replying.... Maybe he does not know the game started yet?

to elaborate a bit: I am sure if you are Town you do not want Townies lynched and I will look at lurkers with a a critical eye but my bottom line is I disagree with lynching lurkers.
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:37 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Sorry Im not posting much here. Changing acounts is more detestable than I thought.

Ill give you my thoughts tonight.

Tajo.
This is a Populartajo Pokerface shared account.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Yosariwen wrote: Ortohoops: Horray for lurker lists. :) Thanks for doing all that work, I'm usually the only one who bothers to make a lurker list and I'm glad to see someone else doing it. I agree with you, lurking in this game is incredibly anti-town and scummmy, more so then in a normal game.

Any specific reason you voted for Zmd out of those 4 people with 2 posts? Just curious; I'll probably check them all out for myself when I have a chance and vote for whichever one of them looks the worst, beause I agree with your logic here.

I voted Zmd because I couldn't vote for all four. I've seen both Zazie and Kmd active recently, so they have no excuse not to be posting in this game. PokeTheAlpaca would also be an excellent choice; ideally I'd like competing wagons on these two players.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:47 pm

Yosariwen wrote:Raging wishbone: I quoted that because the second half of rule 6 talks about the rules for kills, not because of the part about lynching.

And yeah, since Incamn was actually a tracker, I think it was a mistake for Nuwen to mention in thread her thoughts about the possible breadcrumb; if Incamn had been scum instead, it wouldn't have been a mistake.

As for your last few sentances; I have no idea if she thinks she's "incapable of making mistakes", and I'm not sure what that has to do with my comments on her play.
-Yos
So you actually are not sure why/how incamn was lynched or you can not clarify the rule for me? It's no big deal if you cant explain, just tell me and I can ask Adel or wait for my partner to wake up and ask him...

As far as the second half, my comment was a direct reflection on our last game WIH and based on Hooplas very in depth and articulate post, as well as doing a meta on Nuwen..... I didn't write I was gonna vote for either of you yet! I just wrote, I am not buying it? (Do you need more clarification Yosey?).. please let me know if you do. ;)
Ortohoops wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:Lurker speed lynching is fail.
No, this isn't that stupid. This game has been going for ~46 hours. Players should have no excuse for lurking, this is why hydras have been brought in. Scum get to kill every 84 hours, this is a HUGE incentive to lurk, or at least stall the game.

Here's something for you to consider; in Flay's recent WIH theme game, scum were rewarded rage points weekly. There was a clear advantage for scum to delay lynches and generate rage points which could contribute to a town kill. Here is a small list of activity from this game;

--

Posts per day while alive;

populartajo
:
37.4 PPD

Xylthixlm
:
35.9 PPD

roflcopter
:
24.6 PPD

Albert B. Rampage
:
20.56 PPD

DrippingGoofball:
20.04 PPD

Kinetic
:
15.22 PPD

WaltWishbone
:
14.25 PPD

The Fonz
:
12.05 PPD

Seraphim
:
10.92 PPD

Tenchi
:
10.84 PPD

zwetschenwasser
:
8.09 PPD

q21:
7.6 PPD

Hoopla
:
7.00 PPD

Drench/FireStarter
:
6.2 PPD

Nuwen:
6.14 PPD

Juls
:
5.88 PPD

Guiseppe/Yosarian2:
5.58 PPD

Shinnen_no_me:
4.25 PPD

vIQleS
:
3.58 PPD

Cybele/WeyounsLastClone
:
3.45 PPD

Red = Scum.

With the exception of DGB, scum were in the lower portion of this list. And I have no doubt this game will generate a similar spread.

--

In this game, the advantage is even more severe - a kill every 84 hours! You can bet scum will be trying to stall this game. Here's my thinking;

Kill 1 and kill 2 are the times where we have the least information in the game, where the kill is closest to random. This means the percentage between thinking X is more scummy than Y is at it's potential lowest - and we're better off lynching X or Y based on percentages that can be made up in more beneficial areas. One of these areas is activity, and potential helpfulness later in the game. The second quality I've described is not really quantifiable, but ties in well with activity this game. We can't afford to leave a mid and endgame with a high percentage of players inclined to lurk. We either need to up activity signifigantly, or take a chance on lynching lurkers.

Here is an early list of posts per hydra. Remember this game has been going on for more than 46 hours.

sex w/ shafteds wife club

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Pesco-Light

Ortohoops

Trotsky

Yosariwen

J-Scope

Frog Dodging

Raging Wishbone

Apples and Banana

Death the Hogfather

PoketheAlpaca

Zmd

I would bet that there is at least two scum in the red zone and possibly the orange, which is where I'm going to cast a vote for now. More importantly though, the town needs to promote a more proactive approach toward activity and discouraging lurking. We need to lynch at least every 84 hours - and if some players can't commit enough time within that period to help orchestrate decent percentage plays, then they need to be eliminated before it screws us over.

tl;dr? Our best percentage play is lynching lurkers now on the basis of early lynches being closest to random. The percentage we may lose is lynching a possibly less scummy player is more than made up in keeping the most active players alive now. This boosts the average activity per player, and means the consensus for a lynch is more thoroughly discussed, which is good.

tl;dr 2: lynch lurkers please.

Vote: ZMD
, I know you two are both active.
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Post by Pesco Light »

Catch up time for FL!

Because this game does not place a restriction on the number of posts, it is marginally more acceptable to place a vote on someone that cannot be voted, for lulz. But you make a point that Pesco should be questioned for trying to vote a non player in this game.

Pesco Light, what reaction were you looking for?

To see who recognized my meta ^-^. None really. I just do that.
I know she likes to lynch the mod in bastard modded games, but those have a purpose because bastard mods are scum and should be lynched. Does she like to vote the mod in regular games too?
Why yes. Yes I do.

Here's a question for everyone - how many lynches do you think would be ideal in the next action block, if any?
Dunno what my better half has said, but as many as there are scummy people.

:
And Zaphod.. my guess? J-Scope is scum with Pesco, and is Cross-bussing via the Beta game.
And I haven't the faintest how I missed this.

Seriously?
Everyone always says I am overreacting.
You also exagerrate.
Also, Pesco Light, pro-tip: read the thread. Incamn referenced the other game and was told off by the Mod. She cannot be expected to answer anything further regarding what points she was trying to make and examine with that reference and speculation.
Fair, but she doesn't HAVE To reference the other game to explain why bussing is involved per se.
The wagon on Incamnito grew way too quickly, imo. Pesco Light, especially, seemed to be voting for a comment the Mod said couldn't be backed up, due to talking about the other game.

Unvote, Vote: Pesco
I disagree (duh). To quote my better half:
Ftr, I wasn't asking about his reference to beta at all. If you'd been looking at the 2 quotes, the common factor was the suspicion of J-scope and me. The first one I assumed was still RVS content and it being brought up again in the second, I then took it as serious.

Yeah that's a brilliant scum strategy. Run up a player to a premature wagon thus drawing attention to yourself and then kill said player confirming the player you were attempting to mislynch but got bored of waiting for was actually town.
Yeaaaaaah, this is also a good reason.

Caught up...but lost. I'm not sure who to suspect, though A&B seems to be trying a fallacious easy route, as already pointed out by my better half. I need to see a votecount to know if we are voting him or not.
"Doesn't pesco mean fish?" --elvis_knits
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:21 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Zmd wrote:
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:This is perhaps the most fascinatingly frightening thing I've seen in a while (though my tiredness + big test tomorrow might well be contributing heavily to that perception). Especially the idiosyncratic posting and the mounting (but probably unfounded) fear that we'll get stuck in the random stage too long. Anyway. Hey, other head, how sure are you re Raging Wishbone's scumhood? I feel tempted to random vote Zmd but you got here first.
Do you have some grudge? Your partner knows what she's doing in this game. Listen to her!
She was only wrong about one couple, but she has fixed this mistake already.
If she was only wrong with one then why didn't you wagon RW or YW?
Raging Wishbone wrote:
Vote Trotsky
. Communist scum!

Here's a question for everyone - how many lynches do you think would be ideal in the next action block, if any?
If we are allowed any number of lynches, we should probably lynch any one we find to be scum any time we find them.
Pesco Light wrote:I'm taking that as over-reacting to an obv-prod vote. It can stay.

Pesco
Did you perceive what you called an over reaction as being over defensive, Yes or no? Why is it a scumtell in your mind?
And yes i realize incamn is dead now. You can answer from a standpoint on tells can't you?
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:wow just had sex with the wife ironically enough. No time for a post but have to say this deep south thing is exciting. Damn shame incamn was being so obviously townie.

So Yos noticed the tracker breadcrumb. why did you point it out so blatantly?
I really don't think that was meant as a breadcrumb or at least I didn't catch it. Incamn said it was an insertion of there own life into the game.

Calling incamn and obv town and complaing not only shows false sympathy but also acts like a Giant "I told you so" to everyone in relation to your earlier post here:
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:
camn wrote:
Trotsky wrote:oh and
vote: frog dodging

hasn't posted yet.
What made YOU single out the Frog, when you obviously knew about a number of non-posters?
I believe he was going for irony, maybe sarcasm.

I'm leaning town in Incamn.

Could we have more discussion of the above please. We need to break the set up quickly if we're going to do it at all.
Yay I'm definatly keeping my vote on SWSW for now. Should be done reading pages 4 and 5 shortly.
populartajo
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
populartajo
Alpaca Caliente
Alpaca Caliente

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:27 pm

Post by populartajo »

Posting things that caught my attention.

6. Obv DGB. Already "broke the game" Slight protown vibe.

9. Obv FL. Voting for mod. Neutral.

Incamnito joke wagon.

30. Yosariwen votes Trotsky. Weird.

33. Obv rolf. Strange vote.

34. facepalm

39. RR, I guess, trying to break the game. Protown vibe.

40. Apples and Bananas joins the party. Repeating Trotsky question. Slight scummy vibe.

43. sex w/shafted. Good reasoning for his trotsky vote. Nice start. Protown vibe.

46. Pesco Light is too serious. Slight scummy vibe.

48. More serious votes.

54. Nuwen feels neutral.

55. rolf answers sex with shafted with a joke, although his attack against jd feels protown.
Incamnito wrote:Hey, we were talking, my partner and I, and we decided we wouldn't be surprised if there were scum on our wagon. It does have just a little too much steam.
So, for future reference:
Incamnito (5) --> J-Scope, Death the Hogfather, Ortohoops, Zmd, Pesco Light
This.

72. Pesco: "Was that a modkill" feels off.

77. Ortohoops feels town.

78. I like Apples and Bananas tone and his vote for Pesco.

Elvis with shafted wife wrote:Yeah that's a brilliant scum strategy. Run up a player to a premature wagon thus drawing attention to yourself and then kill said player confirming the player you were attempting to mislynch but got bored of waiting for was actually town.
This is actually a good point. Although its possible that if we assume scum killed incamnito and Pesco is scum, other scumpartner could have decided the kill.

84. Frog dodging jumping against Elvisshfated. Elvis having sex with shafted's wife wins the argument. Scummy vibe from Frog dodging.

Posterior posts give me the feeling that RagingWishbone and Ortohoops feel town. Neutral aboutn Yosariwen.

Conclusion.

Prob Town

Raging Wishbone
Ortohhops

Neutral

Apples and Banana
DGb with Hoopla
Sex with shafted
Death the Hogfather
Zmd
Yosariwen
J-Scope

Prob scum.

Trotsky
Frog Dodging
Pesco-Light
Call me Tajo.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12894
Coming summer 2010: Tajo's Starcraft Mafia.
Tajo's MagictheGathering Mafia
Pesco Light
Pesco Light
Townie
Pesco Light
Townie
Townie

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Post by Pesco Light »

Seriously? Despite the fact we don't have the TIME to not be serious?

Prob scum.
Trotsky
Frog Dodging
Pesco-Light
I desire a full case on us. Now. Two little pokes doesn't cut it.
"Doesn't pesco mean fish?" --elvis_knits
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:30 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

LOL, PF simulposted.
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Pesco Light wrote:

Seriously? Despite the fact we don't have the TIME to not be serious?

Prob scum.
Trotsky
Frog Dodging
Pesco-Light
I desire a full case on us. Now. Two little pokes doesn't cut it.
My case is that you are the most scummy person in my reread. Incamnito was joking with his comments, yet you attacked him assuming he was serious. Also, you really though Incamnito was prob scum, neutral or prob town when you confirmed your vote agaisnt him?

Tajo..
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:39 pm

Post by whoami8 »

IllegalActsWith Alpacas wrote:Calling incamn and obv town and complaing not only shows false sympathy but also acts like a Giant "I told you so" to everyone in relation to your earlier post here:
Well i did tell you so. I'm much more subtle as scum, go read more of my games.
I don't know how to use a hydra Tajo wrote:79.
Elvis with shafted wife wrote:Yeah that's a brilliant scum strategy. Run up a player to a premature wagon thus drawing attention to yourself and then kill said player confirming the player you were attempting to mislynch but got bored of waiting for was actually town.
This is actually a good point. Although its possible that if we assume scum killed incamnito and Pesco is scum, other scumpartner could have decided the kill.
A scum partner that is a real ignoramous. So which players would fit that bill?
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:46 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

IllegalActsWith Alpacas wrote:Calling incamn and obv town and complaing not only shows false sympathy but also acts like a Giant "I told you so" to everyone in relation to your earlier post here:
So you really think we can include Pesco and all Incamnito attackers in the prob town list?
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:02 pm

Post by whoami8 »

PoketheAlpaca wrote:
So you really think we can include Pesco and all Incamnito attackers in the prob town list?
Hello Mr. strawman. How many players were actively attacking incamn? How many were bandwagoning for bandwagoning's sake?
Zmd
Zmd
Townie
Zmd
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:07 pm

Post by Zmd »

Sorry for being slow getting into this game. Reading now.
Incamnito wrote: I say lynch whenever we have a good cantidate!
QFT
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote: Goofball, did you learn any scumtells from playing with Nuwen and Yos2?
If she did, she obviously shouldn't point them out now. At least not unless they've shown up in this game already. I assume they haven't though. DGB called Yos/Nuwen town.
Incamnito wrote: 3. Zmd - Lets start playing now! KMD can't blame the time difference, can he?
Nope.
Raging Wishbone wrote: If I am wrong and Incamito was killed by scum with five votes on him, why? Why would scum waiste that kill on someone who was wagoned so hard? Did he write something that really scared the scum team?
I assume it was the breadcrumb.

--------------------
Kmd's current gut reads. All lists show scummiest on bottom:
Town

Zmd
Zaphod Beeblebrox
Ortohoops

Neutral

PoketheAlpaca
Yosariwen
J-Scope
sex w/ shafteds wife club
Trotsky
Frog Dodging
Apples and Banana

Scum

Pesco-Light
Death the Hogfather
Raging Wishbone

---------------------------------

Closer look at Raging Wishbone:

Joke votes Trotsky. Doesn't matter yet.

Asks question about how many lynches. Seems obvious that we lynch when we have a candidate instead of setting numbers.

Disagrees with lynching lurkers. Null, but stance noted.

The unvote sounds more like unvoting a serious vote than a joke vote. Over-explanation maybe.

Action deadline comment. Possible subtle fishing (aka trying to get a PR who submitted an action to answer in a way that may give them away subtly)

Slight buddying to Hoopla.

Decent point on Nuwen's "mistake".

Calls out Sera not posting then gives an excuse for him. (Which hydra is Sera a part of?)

Restates stance regarding lurker lynches.

-------------------

So nothing too damning, but this was my top gut read, and I don't see anything extremely protown.

Vote Raging Wishbone

Will talk to Zaz about this vote and everything else in the game tomorrow.
ZazieR + Kmd4390 = Zmd
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

PoketheAlpaca wrote:
Hello Mr. strawman. How many players were actively attacking incamn? How many were bandwagoning for bandwagoning's sake?
Ok. My bad.
Do you really think we can call Pesco town?
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:15 pm

Post by whoami8 »

PoketheAlpaca wrote:
PoketheAlpaca wrote:
Ok. My bad.
Do you really think we can call Pesco town?
Early pot stirrers are sticking their neck out in a quick paced game like this. I'm finding her more likely than not to be town.
PoketheAlpaca
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
PoketheAlpaca
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:17 pm

Post by PoketheAlpaca »

Frog Dodging wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:Sex w/ shafteds wife club, why is it a shame that incam was being townie?
Because now he's a dead tracker.
Aye, but surely it's better that he looked town than that he looked scummy.

Also, perhaps it would have been better if people hadn't been spending their whole time shouting "OMG he's soooo town"
Yes why in god's name would I want people to stop bandwagoning an obv townie in a speed game? Shame on me!
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:There were five on the wagon. Suck one.

Also, what is your point? That we didn't like a wagon on a person who is now revealed town?
What are you on your period? You syncing up again?[/had to say it]. Generally false sympathy is a classic scumtell especially when its over a dead town power role.
Raging Wishbone wrote:@Yosariwen and anyone else who cares to chime in... Did Nuwen out Incamnito as a Tracker?
Yosariwen wrote:
J-Scope wrote:I don't get it. What does Portishead have to do with Zmd? It is an inside joke? I want answers!
Are you that dense?

Incamn's crumbing is neutral for now, as there are multiple data roles than can be of either alignment and would benefit from early crumbs. Currently a null tell.
p much
If that's what you thought then why didn't jump on yosariwen with a vote. This game is suppose to go quickly right?
Raging Wishbone wrote:

So far I see a lot of stupid and very little scummy.
Incamnito wrote:I'd like him to be staring at a few votes when/if he finally shows up.

I'd like him to be an exaple to everyone else who can't be bothered.

And you said it yourself.. time is not on our side. You convinced me.
Let's go through this in turn.

What benefit, exactly, do you get from us having votes when we turn up?

What makes you think we can't be bothered, rather than any number of other things that could have come up - personal issues etc?

Time may not be on our side, but that doesn't mean we rush. It just means we pack in the information density - in this game, we have to pack it in time rather than space, but the principal is the same.

Sex w/ shafteds wife club, why is it a shame that incam was being townie?
I love this post... Did you really not read that he had been killed? I tend to agree with you speed lynching lurkers is fail, but I do agree with a few others who said this game needs to move quick.
Did you think Frog dodge was putting up a front here? His questions seemed genuine to me since he hadn't posted at all before that.

Something feels a little wierd about J-Scopes post 89.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18#1644818
Feels more like he is speculating then deciding on things for
themself
. Call it a gut suspicion.

General comment: Its best to lynch whoever is scummy. Lynching a scummy lurker is fine but lynching a v/la lurker would not be good. I'm going to hunt scum primarily.

Edit while previwing: I, PokerFace, read/write posts slowly. Tajo reading/posting here at same time is mega lawls!
For those not keeping score Tajo was 107, 109, 110, 112
I was 106 and this post.
I didn't know 2 people could be logged into mafiascum on the same account at the same time until this game. Its funny. i'm going to stop posting for the night to avoid triple posting and or getting ourselves mod killed by the 15 post rule if its in both games.
Frog Dodging
Frog Dodging
Townie
Frog Dodging
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:23 pm

Post by Frog Dodging »

Pesco Light wrote:I'm taking that as over-reacting to an obv-prod vote. It can stay.

Pesco
I see I'm mostly proving right about Pesco Light being the weakest of the hydras this game. How blasé.
Incamnito wrote:I'd like him to be staring at a few votes when/if he finally shows up.

I work Friday-Monday and unlike you have a life. Sorry!
Incamnito wrote:Hey, we were talking, my partner and I, and we decided we wouldn't be surprised if there were scum on our wagon. It does have just a little too much steam.
Let's see... Scopey adores bandwagons, Pesco Light is made up of gibbering idiots as well as Ortohoops, Death is made of people who over-logic things, and Zmd is made up of dumbass who needs to pay attention and Zazie. That explains all 5 votes fairly well.

Incamnito suddenly dying is interesting, more interesting is the fact that sex, PL, Ortohoops, A&B, and even the other me completely ignored analysis of this post in favour of discussing Incamnito's death.
J-Scope wrote:@Frog Dodging: Are you being sarcastic in any of your posts?
Good question. Next!
J-Scope wrote:We have to rely on lynches to find scum instead of power roles we can’t dictate or confirm even exist yet, and I think we should probably follow the same standards as deciding whether to lynch or no lynch on a day/night game. If someone looks scummy enough, let’s lynch them.
Define "enough". "Enough", for instance, could be attempting to assassinate the president, or it could just be looking at him funny.

I am really suspicious of Yosariwen at this point, and I'm surprised that more people aren't.
Ortohoops wrote:tl;dr? Our best percentage play is lynching lurkers now on the basis of early lynches being closest to random. The percentage we may lose is lynching a possibly less scummy player is more than made up in keeping the most active players alive now. This boosts the average activity per player, and means the consensus for a lynch is more thoroughly discussed, which is good.
Let's take the already somewhat random early lynches and make them more random by adding (what is in the early stages an) arbitrary criterion? How is this exactly a "good plan"?
Raging Wishbone wrote:Sorry I still don't get it, there was not 50% of the votes places on Incangnitoan?
Pay attention, dumbass.

PL totally overreacts to tajo's suspicion of it. That's so adorably hilarious and worse than what Yosariwen has done.

My suspicions lie firmly in the Pesco Light camp, although I have no clue what other I thinks at the moment. I would not be opposed to a Yosariwen stringing-up at this point, but I think that can wait for now.

Vote: Pesco Light

Please note, as I believe has been said elsewhere, that I will not be signing my posts, nor will other I. We are as one, and one as we are, we have no need to separate our thoughts.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:31 pm

Frog Dodging wrote:

Pesco
I see I'm mostly proving right about Pesco Light being the weakest of the hydras this game. How blasé.

I work Friday-Monday and unlike you have a life. Sorry!
Let's see... Scopey adores bandwagons, Pesco Light is made up of gibbering idiots as well as Ortohoops, Death is made of people who over-logic things, and Zmd is made up of dumbass who needs to pay attention and Zazie. That explains all 5 votes fairly well.

Incamnito suddenly dying is interesting, more interesting is the fact that sex, PL, Ortohoops, A&B, and even the other me completely ignored analysis of this post in favour of discussing Incamnito's death.
J-Scope wrote:@Frog Dodging: Are you being sarcastic in any of your posts?
Good question. Next!
J-Scope wrote:We have to rely on lynches to find scum instead of power roles we can’t dictate or confirm even exist yet, and I think we should probably follow the same standards as deciding whether to lynch or no lynch on a day/night game. If someone looks scummy enough, let’s lynch them.
Define "enough". "Enough", for instance, could be attempting to assassinate the president, or it could just be looking at him funny.

I am really suspicious of Yosariwen at this point, and I'm surprised that more people aren't.
Ortohoops wrote:tl;dr? Our best percentage play is lynching lurkers now on the basis of early lynches being closest to random. The percentage we may lose is lynching a possibly less scummy player is more than made up in keeping the most active players alive now. This boosts the average activity per player, and means the consensus for a lynch is more thoroughly discussed, which is good.
Let's take the already somewhat random early lynches and make them more random by adding (what is in the early stages an) arbitrary criterion? How is this exactly a "good plan"?
Raging Wishbone wrote:Sorry I still don't get it, there was not 50% of the votes places on Incangnitoan?
Pay attention, dumbass.

PL totally overreacts to tajo's suspicion of it. That's so adorably hilarious and worse than what Yosariwen has done.

My suspicions lie firmly in the Pesco Light camp, although I have no clue what other I thinks at the moment. I would not be opposed to a Yosariwen stringing-up at this point, but I think that can wait for now.

Vote: Pesco Light

Please note, as I believe has been said elsewhere, that I will not be signing my posts, nor will other I. We are as one, and one as we are, we have no need to separate our thoughts.
Are you kidding me sweety? I aint voting for PL, because you disguise a fart as some sort of diatribe that is suppossed to be an articulate argument! Lynch scum DUMBASS, not Townies!
whoami8
whoami8
Goon
whoami8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by whoami8 »

PokeMyAlpaca wrote:If that's what you thought then why didn't jump on yosariwen with a vote. This game is suppose to go quickly right?
As has been pointed out it's a stupid move for town or scum. I'm trying to figure out why either Nuwen or Yos would play stupidly.

Also i'm not particularly liking Trotsky much ATM.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:40 pm

[quote="Zmd"]Joke votes Trotsky. Doesn't matter yet.

Asks question about how many lynches.
Seems obvious that we lynch when we have a candidate instead of setting numbers.

The unvote sounds more like unvoting a serious vote than a joke vote. Over-explanation maybe.

Action deadline comment. Possible subtle fishing (aka trying to get a PR who submitted an action to answer in a way that may give them away subtly)

Calls out Sera not posting then gives an excuse for him. (Which hydra is Sera a part of?)

[quote]

Do you read much or is it me? ;) I still dont get it Yosey said at 50% we auto lynch someone. We were not at 50%, he had five votes on him... so I just don't get it? I mean your statement that I bolded... is that a rule of the game or your opinion? Right on, the rest of it, meh, fair enough. :)
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:43 pm

EBWOP

Zmd wrote:Joke votes Trotsky. Doesn't matter yet.

Asks question about how many lynches.
Seems obvious that we lynch when we have a candidate instead of setting numbers.

Do you read much or is it me? ;) I still dont get it Yosey said at 50% we auto lynch someone. We were not at 50%, he had five votes on him... so I just don't get it? I mean your statement that I bolded... is that a rule of the game or your opinion? Right on, the rest of it, meh, fair enough.
Ortohoops
Ortohoops
Townie
Ortohoops
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:49 pm

Post by Ortohoops »

Frog Dodging wrote:
I believe on D1 in most games over the longrun, the chances of hitting scum between a truly random lynch, and a town comprised of human minds will be relatively equal. More often than not D1 lynches result from a mistake - because you have little other information to go on (meta can play in, but can also be exploited). Mistakes happen by both scum and town.

One area we can make a difference in, before genuine information develops, is activity, which is of the highest importance in this game. Leaving ourselves with players capable of being very active, and less inclined to lurk is essential.

Look at Kmd for instance - he's just made his 3rd post of the game. A wishy-washy assessment of play, and has now left. Normally it wouldn't matter, but in the time he's gone, that's ~20% of this action phase. Being online and being active matters, just as much as forcing others to be active does.

This is why I want the first 1-2 lynches to be lurkers.
Raging Wishbone
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Raging Wishbone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:52 pm

PoketheAlpaca wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:
Frog Dodging wrote:Sex w/ shafteds wife club, why is it a shame that incam was being townie?
Because now he's a dead tracker.
Aye, but surely it's better that he looked town than that he looked scummy.

Also, perhaps it would have been better if people hadn't been spending their whole time shouting "OMG he's soooo town"
Yes why in god's name would I want people to stop bandwagoning an obv townie in a speed game? Shame on me!
sex w/ shafteds wife club wrote:There were five on the wagon. Suck one.

Also, what is your point? That we didn't like a wagon on a person who is now revealed town?
What are you on your period? You syncing up again?[/had to say it]. Generally false sympathy is a classic scumtell especially when its over a dead town power role.
Raging Wishbone wrote:@Yosariwen and anyone else who cares to chime in... Did Nuwen out Incamnito as a Tracker?
Yosariwen wrote:
J-Scope wrote:I don't get it. What does Portishead have to do with Zmd? It is an inside joke? I want answers!
Are you that dense?

Incamn's crumbing is neutral for now, as there are multiple data roles than can be of either alignment and would benefit from early crumbs. Currently a null tell.
p much
If that's what you thought then why didn't jump on yosariwen with a vote. This game is suppose to go quickly right?
Raging Wishbone wrote:

So far I see a lot of stupid and very little scummy.

Let's go through this in turn.

What benefit, exactly, do you get from us having votes when we turn up?

What makes you think we can't be bothered, rather than any number of other things that could have come up - personal issues etc?

Time may not be on our side, but that doesn't mean we rush. It just means we pack in the information density - in this game, we have to pack it in time rather than space, but the principal is the same.

Sex w/ shafteds wife club, why is it a shame that incam was being townie?
I love this post... Did you really not read that he had been killed? I tend to agree with you speed lynching lurkers is fail, but I do agree with a few others who said this game needs to move quick.
Did you think Frog dodge was putting up a front here? His questions seemed genuine to me since he hadn't posted at all before that.

Something feels a little wierd about J-Scopes post 89.
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 18#1644818
Feels more like he is speculating then deciding on things for
themself
. Call it a gut suspicion.

General comment: Its best to lynch whoever is scummy. Lynching a scummy lurker is fine but lynching a v/la lurker would not be good. I'm going to hunt scum primarily.

Edit while previwing: I, PokerFace, read/write posts slowly. Tajo reading/posting here at same time is mega lawls!
For those not keeping score Tajo was 107, 109, 110, 112
I was 106 and this post.
I didn't know 2 people could be logged into mafiascum on the same account at the same time until this game. Its funny. i'm going to stop posting for the night to avoid triple posting and or getting ourselves mod killed by the 15 post rule if its in both games.
my main point of asking you that queston was because I am kinda torn on this you are the most OBVTown or OBVSCum player imo at this point. Did you really nor read he had been lynched? Because you asked him questions as if he was still alive in the game and if you were scum, then you would not be asking these questions because you would have known he was dead. I don't have any type of read on FrogDodge... as far as I am concerened the two most important points of this game so far are...

1.) You not knowing Incamnito was dead

2.) Yoso/Nuwen post

Those are my honest opinions of things that have stood out so far. :)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”